Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,787 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:35 AM

Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City (12392 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others / Anambra Capital City - After 20years As A Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:47am On Jul 30, 2012
more

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:49am On Jul 30, 2012
Christ church road

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:50am On Jul 30, 2012
bubbling parts of wetheral road

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2012
riding a keke

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2012
more

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Jul 30, 2012
ongoing works

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Jul 30, 2012
works

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Jul 30, 2012
more works..

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:54am On Jul 30, 2012
govt house round about

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:55am On Jul 30, 2012
The man behind the mask cheesy

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:56am On Jul 30, 2012
wetin dem dey buy there

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Jul 30, 2012
stock exchange Owerri

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Jul 30, 2012
more

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:58am On Jul 30, 2012
men at work

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:59am On Jul 30, 2012
assumpta road

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 6:06am On Jul 30, 2012
It's really a shame that this man was pressured to dance to other people's tunes.

A lot of these crybabies have this Owerri is dubai mentality thing in their heads that it's hard for them to deal with reality anything less..
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by OneNaira6: 6:14am On Jul 30, 2012
Once you start having Eko-ile supporting and defending you, Nwanne you are definitely doing something wrong. Be careful big time

Spyder: Nice work though. Do as you did with Enugu. Show all parts: both good, bad, beautiful, etc.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by OneNaira6: 6:16am On Jul 30, 2012
manbuchai:
[b]Why didnt he present the slums in Enugu?[/b]what is the agenda?he is not doing justice to onitsha and owerri.There is no city that does not have shortcomings.In New york,Harlem is worst than most slums in Nigeria.But things like this are covered unless you visit there to see it yourself.A kind of 419 to attract tourist.Most countries depends on tourism for economical growth,as a result does not present things the way it is.Why do you think that cnn keep presenting Africa as a poor continent full of poverty,crimes and wars? It is to scare people from visiting African thereby denying them the benefit of (tourism)economic growth.

He actually did. You should go back and rewatch his Enugu thread. One of the main reason, people applauded him in that thread was because unlike other individuals, when posting city of Nigeria he provided every section. The slums, the suburbs, the market, etc. Go back to that thread dude. He showed the slums of his state as well.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 7:47am On Jul 30, 2012
spyder880:

If I cover Owerri I should also cover the environs. Akabo is very near to Owerri. My annoyance is that this spot knocked off 2 hours of my life, waiting on a hold up to pass this 100 meter spot. Is it cool?, imagine that up to 200,000 people pass here everyday and you will see my annoyance. We need to show such. I showed up to 3 heaps of rubbish in ninth mile, near Enugu. We should be real if we want change.

Akabo is a different village not in any way regarded as Owerri. This is just like going to a village along the bad. Portion of Benin-Lagos expressway and labeling it Lagos. It is better you use "Imo" instead of "Owerri". Otherwise one day people will take pictures from Obigbo. Okrika and Aba calling it Port Harcourt.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 11:56am On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo:

Akabo is a different village not in any way regarded as Owerri. This is just like going to a village along the bad. Portion of Benin-Lagos expressway and labeling it Lagos. It is better you use "Imo" instead of "Owerri". Otherwise one day people will take pictures from Obigbo. Okrika and Aba calling it Port Harcourt.

Ninth mile is a different village in Enugu state and yet I shot about 30 pictures and posted on the Enugu thread. Akabo is very important, we should not be made to waste all our time on that road.

I wonder how this country can change if we continue to mask our shortcomings and endure as usual. Well, I am tired of enduring and will shout wherever I see things out of place. Whether in Enugu, Onitsha or Lagos, govt should perform. If I dont get the reaction I want, I will start bombarding govt websites with these ugly pictures. Somebody gotta make the noise, somebody gotta get these people to act!

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by princenayo: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Am missing ALA OWERRE.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Biggyd2: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
We have NL from this state, don't we? If you have a contrary view to Spyder's or just want to support him, wouldn't it be better if you upload your own pictures and make known your view of your state? I have been following some of things Spyder has been doing with respect to showing pictures of some eastern states and I think people should commend him.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Eko Ile: It's really a shame that this man was pressured to dance to other people's tunes.

A lot of these crybabies have this Owerri is dubai mentality thing in their heads that it's hard for them to deal with reality anything less..
It is not true,he was not pressured to submission,he is human.Besides,what he does is a regular activity that is undertaken for pleasure,Typically done during one´s leisure time.It could also be a way of exposing the wrongs in our soceity,But it has to have a "balanced view".Owerri is a beautiful city,we must learn to celebrate our own.Spyder i hailoo!i beg spin more photos of owerri biko.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Biggyd2: We have NL from this state, don't we? If you have a contrary view to Spyder's or just want to support him, wouldn't it be better if you upload your own pictures and make known your view of your state? I have been following some of things Spyder has been doing with respect to showing pictures of some eastern states and I think people should commend him.

3 Likes

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
Same place

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Biggyd2: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
[quote author=Abagworo][/quote]

Excellent. keep this thread rolling.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Owerri

4 Likes

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Afam4eva(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Owerri is cool.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
Saw this pix on facebook from someone living in Orlu. Not Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
Enugu Rd, Orlu

2 Likes

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
yesoo I love this Owerrie pix...still waiting for more.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
Nice village picks...keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maikanti Baru Emerges Chairman NGA Advisory Board / End Of Boko Haram Will Come Sooner Than Later - VP Osinbajo Says / Sanwo-Olu Directs Level 12 Civil Servants, Others To Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.