Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,579 members, 7,840,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City (12367 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others / Anambra Capital City - After 20years As A Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 7:23am On Jul 29, 2012
One_Naira: This is more of a cultural event than showcasing the beauty of the city.

It should be in the culture section.
this is the beigining of the start!
remember 'the good & the bad' side of this threadgrin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by OneNaira6: 7:26am On Jul 29, 2012
achi4u: this is the beigining of the start!
remember 'the good & the bad' side of this threadgrin

I know naa. I trust spyder880.

He always show all part, good, bad, ugly, whatever. That is one thing I like about him post, you get the reality.

spyder880:

I dont think so, there will still be lots of politically related posts. The culture bit was an introduction to the origins and style of life of the people we want to look into. Besides, those people were bubbling up there, sure grin

okay grin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by supereagle(m): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2012
An invitation for kidnapping galore.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 8:13am On Jul 29, 2012
spyder880 I hate fake people,you took time to cover almost the better part of Enugu.You showed us the good infrastructures in Enugu.Owerri is a beautiful city,why are you showing us folks and flooded road.Why didnt you do that in the case of Enugu?We seem to be at war with ourselves,you must be a native of Enugu state that´s why you showed the beautiful part of Enugu.In the case of Onitsha-Anambra state you showed us only the bridge-head and flooded roads.Onitsha should be better than what you presented.I am out!
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 8:56am On Jul 29, 2012
manbuchai: spyder880 I hate fake people,you took time to cover almost the better part of Enugu.You showed us the good infrastructures in Enugu.Owerri is a beautiful city,why are you showing us folks and flooded road.Why didnt you do that in the case of Enugu?We seem to be at war with ourselves,you must be a native of Enugu state that´s why you showed the beautiful part of Enugu.In the case of Onitsha-Anambra state you showed us only the bridge-head and flooded roads.Onitsha should be better than what you presented.I am out!

Sir, I am not a fake person. For choosing to embark on the things I am doing, it was borne out of pure love for my people, the Igbo people. I cannot like or hate any part better than the other.

I was born, raised, played, schooled and is woorking in Enugu. I also own a lot of business in Enugu. My knowledge of Enugu will not be same with my knowledge of Owerri or other Nigerian cities.

I take this pictures not because you are paying me to do it but because I pass the areas on business trips. I went to Asaba on business and had to see a client at main market Onitsha, thats when I took the pictures I took. For Owerri, I am building some houses for some clients there (check my threads in the property section). I went to Owerri to discuss some details with my client, and he was at the ceremony. I had to take some shots. I was also delayed for the better part of 2 hours on the Akabo water pond while my workers were screaming at me on the phone, waiting for their money in Enugu. I had to complain by way of pictures, maybe Rochas will hear me. Pictures are my own way of causing positive social change, expose light into darkness, and darkness will flee.

Enugu is beautiful, it was easy to post those pictures in the Enugu thread, I will still sort my picture file and post pictures of Owerri that are good, I have quite a few, but please dont harrass me. You can counter my pictures with your own better Owerri pictures. I dont live in Owerri and may not know all the nooks and crannies, maybe you do, please help us to show our place as the best, also expose bad things so it can change. I mus also state here, that if attacks on my person by the people I am trying to please continues, I will stop all these and concentrate on my core business.

Okwu a na aso anya adighi ebe gboo.

Thank you.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Afam4eva(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2012
^^ well said.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2012
manbuchai: spyder880 I hate fake people,you took time to cover almost the better part of Enugu.You showed us the good infrastructures in Enugu.Owerri is a beautiful city,why are you showing us folks and flooded road.Why didnt you do that in the case of Enugu?We seem to be at war with ourselves,you must be a native of Enugu state that´s why you showed the beautiful part of Enugu.In the case of Onitsha-Anambra state you showed us only the bridge-head and flooded roads.Onitsha should be better than what you presented.I am out!

That's still ok. The Owerri-Okigwe road is in a bad state although a federal road. Enugu-Port Harcourt and Enugu-Onitsha are worse. But I believe a thread should however be opened on the bad state of federal roads across the country. Here in River, East-West road is a nightmare.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by andresia(m): 10:33am On Jul 29, 2012
spyder880:

Sir, I am not a fake person. For choosing to embark on the things I am doing, it was borne out of pure love for my people, the Igbo people. I cannot like or hate any part better than the other.

I was born, raised, played, schooled and is woorking in Enugu. I also own a lot of business in Enugu. My knowledge of Enugu will not be same with my knowledge of Owerri or other Nigerian cities.

I take this pictures not because you are paying me to do it but because I pass the areas on business trips. I went to Asaba on business and had to see a client at main market Onitsha, thats when I took the pictures I took. For Owerri, I am building some houses for some clients there (check my threads in the property section). I went to Owerri to discuss some details with my client, and he was at the ceremony. I had to take some shots. I was also delayed for the better part of 2 hours on the Akabo water pond while my workers were screaming at me on the phone, waiting for their money in Enugu. I had to complain by way of pictures, maybe Rochas will hear me. Pictures are my own way of causing positive social change, expose light into darkness, and darkness will flee.

Enugu is beautiful, it was easy to post those pictures in the Enugu thread, I will still sort my picture file and post pictures of Owerri that are good, I have quite a few, but please dont harrass me. You can counter my pictures with your own better Owerri pictures. I dont live in Owerri and may not know all the nooks and crannies, maybe you do, please help us to show our place as the best, also expose bad things so it can change. I mus also state here, that if attacks on my person by the people I am trying to please continues, I will stop all these and concentrate on my core business.

Thank you.

Nwannem Spider, please ignore charlatans like manbuchai and continue with your good works. folks like him are sycophantic and will not see good in anything that depicts things the way they really are. Are those photos u pasted not part of owerri town? Like u rightly said, if he has better pictures of owerri, then he should post them here and stop whinnying. You are not on his payroll nor does this forum pay you to create such wonderful threads, you do them cause you want to showcase the east to those of us who do not reside there and we have been enjoying ur threads so much. Again, ignore that folly called manbuchai, people like him are spoilers and killjoy. God bless you as you continue, home is the best and home here is the east!
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Democracy is
spyder880:

Thank you.
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.We are at liberty to voice our views concerning a particular issue,it could be in favour or in opposition.Europe does not present their shortcomings for the world to see,there are many poor countries in Europe especially the east block,yet you hardy see that in media.Their negative aspects are hidden.Because a lot of these countries lives on tourism.If you present a picture of a flooded road in Owerri do you think it would attract tourist?Thanks
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Democracy is
spyder880:

Thank you.
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.We are at liberty to voice our views concerning a particular issue,it could be in favour or in opposition.Europe does not present their shortcomings for the world to see,there are many poor countries in Europe especially the east block,yet you hardy see that in media.Their negative aspects are hidden.Because a lot of these countries lives on tourism.If you present a picture of a flooded road in Owerri do you think it would attract tourist?Thanks
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by ikeyman00(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
@@@@

so far spyder is one of the real in nl

some talk from mornin to xmas still no picture to back their trash

some get paid for following Fashola around lipsrsealed
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
One_Naira: This is more of a cultural event than showcasing the beauty of the city.

It should be in the culture section.
You said it all,an intention to portray owerri as a slum city.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by bashr8: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
spyder880:

Thank you.
bad marketing , your building houses in these cities yet you show only bad side of them but you want people to ome and buy houses there? does that make sense? do you se france advertising their ghetto side while leaving nice part out. do you know there are more ghettos in united states than in nigeria but do you see cnn showing them . what your doing is shooting yourself, imagine even bringing rochas into it, i bet this is how we are going to achieve presidency in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
andresia:

Nwannem Spider, please ignore charlatans like manbuchai and continue with your good works. folks like him are sycophantic and will not see good in anything that depicts things the way they really are. Are those photos u pasted not part of owerri town? Like u rightly said, if he has better pictures of owerri, then he should post them here and stop whinnying. You are not on his payroll nor does this forum pay you to create such wonderful threads, you do them cause you want to showcase the east to those of us who do not reside there and we have been enjoying ur threads so much. Again, ignore that folly called manbuchai, people like him are spoilers and killjoy. God bless you as you continue, home is the best and home here is the east!
Why didnt he present the slums in Enugu?what is the agenda?he is not doing justice to onitsha and owerri.There is no city that does not have shortcomings.In New york,Harlem is worst than most slums in Nigeria.But things like this are covered unless you visit there to see it yourself.A kind of 419 to attract tourist.Most countries depends on tourism for economical growth,as a result does not present things the way it is.Why do you think that cnn keep presenting Africa as a poor continent full of poverty,crimes and wars? It is to scare people from visiting African thereby denying them the benefit of (tourism)economic growth.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
manbuchai:
Why didnt he present the slums in Enugu?what is the agenda?he is not doing justice to onitsha and owerri.There is no city that does not have shortcomings.In New york,Harlem is worst than most slums in Nigeria.But things like this are covered unless you visit there to see it yourself.A kind of 419 to attract tourist.Most countries depends on tourism for economical growth,as a result does not present things the way it is.Why do you think that cnn keep presenting Africa as a poor continent full of poverty,crimes and wars? It is to scare people from visiting African thereby denying them the benefit of (tourism)economic growth.
my friend post ur own pic or keep shot
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
STFU. Abeg give the loser pacifier to keep him quiet. Take your sorry a,,ss,, to owerri and take your own beautiful pictures.

Though he didn't have to, but the man took time out to explain himself so what do you want from him?

Unlike you numskull, we all know good and bad exists in every society.
manbuchai:

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by ACM10: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
I'm disappointed with the Owerri picture that that Spyder posted. But I still support him nevertheless. The truth must be told. And the underperforming governors must be shamed. Our activities here is the little way we do that. The poor state of the road he posted is worse than what we have in Anambra during Mbadinuju's regime. But it's ok. I've been to Owerri, around Concorde Hotel. The place is beauty personified. Its green scenary endeared me to the location. Even my uncle who was enroute to US was impressed. He planned to spend only 2 night in Owerri, but later spent 1 week at Owerri with his wife. He actually confessed that Concorde hotel is the best hotel that he has been to in Nigeria. He use to lodge at Zodiac hotel or Blue Island hotel in Enugu. But he has since abandoned Enugu for Owerri as the city where he rests whenever he wants to escape from the prying eyes of the villagers during his visit to the country. Forgive me for my limited knowledge of Owerri town, but I'm impressed by what I saw on my short sojourn to Owerri. I hope that someone shows us the photo of the beautiful locations in Owerri. According to Ohakim, Owerri is the greenest city in Nigeria. I can't help but agree with him. I hope that someone proves me right.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Eko Ile: STFU. Abeg give the loser pacifier to keep him quiet. Take your sorry a,,ss,, to owerri and take your own beautiful pictures.

Though he didn't have to, but the man took time out to explain himself so what do you want from him?

Unlike you numskull, we all know good and bad exists in every society.
The caption of his thread is,"Owerri,Nigeria´s most bubbling capital city"We expected to feed our eyes with the bubblings in owerri and not slums.You can´t tell me that Lagos is a bubbling state and present pictures of Ajegunle while there are places like Ikoyi,Victoria Island,Lekki etc.Further more,i am not in owerri,so it is hard for me to snap pictures of the beautiful city.In conclusion,i am not a numskull you ought to learn manners.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
manbuchai:
The caption of his thread is,"Owerri,Nigeria´s most bubbling capital city"We expected to feed our eyes with the bubblings in owerri and not slums.You can´t tell me that Lagos is a bubbling state and present pictures of Ajegunle while there are places like Ikoyi,Victoria Island,Lekki etc.Further more,i am not in owerri,so it is hard for me to snap pictures of the beautiful city.In conclusion,i am not a numskull you ought to learn manners.

But the fact that it has spotty areas or floods like many cities around the world doesn't mean its not a bubbling city.

Relax and get over yourself.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by FACE(m): 11:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
spyder880: But, Owerri people, if you think you can bribe me to stay quiet on the state of some roads...... I no gree cheesy

This road has so annoyed me that I must talk, I had to spend the better part of two hours waiting on a hold up along Okigwe-Owerri road, Akabo to be precise. The spot is, terrible, and the governor is taking so long to fix this road.

Akabo is not in Owerri capital territory and I am sure that you will notice the sign that says welcome to owerri capital territory just after the bridge at Ugwu Orji,which is about 5Km from Akabo. That part of Imo is densely populated going towards Anara,Okwelle, Uruala,Ideato, Orlu and there is no clear distinction between nearby towns, therefore any visitor can be forgiven for thinking that Akabo,Atta,Ikeduru and other nearby towns are in Owerri. That is also the case going towards Mbaise-Umuahia.

That road is a federal road linking Owerri to Enugu and Okigwe and blaming Rochas will be equivalent to blaming chime for not fixing the express way from Agbani or Awgu to Enugu.

However, the road is a sorry sight, judging from that picture you posted and I agree with you that the governor should do something about it regardless of who owns the road.

I have never known it to be that bad. The last time I used that road was 2.5 years ago when I went to Mbano for a traditional wedding and although there was a heavy wedding-wrecking downpour, there was no flooding as we used that road.

I asked someone about that road today and he told me that Rochas inspected the road himself and has undertaken to fix the road even though it is a federal road, but some houses may have to go to make way for a run off drainage. So let's watch this space.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Nobody: 1:45am On Jul 30, 2012
@poster, If you don't have anything useful to post, why start a thread like this? I came in here looking for inspiring photos of actual bubbling, not this....
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 4:56am On Jul 30, 2012
manbuchai:

If we continue to shy away from the bad side of our cities, we can never correct them. The slums should be shown. I showed pictures of Abakpa in Enugu, even the slums of Ugwu Abor (those people living on the hills) I showed old Ogui, I also showed coal camp ( I will show more of coal camp today) these are Enugu slums. Open a better thread if you feel bad about this. Maybe you need to re read the Enugu thread again.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Jul 30, 2012
ROSSIKE: @poster, If you don't have anything useful to post, why start a thread like this? I came in here looking for inspiring photos of actual bubbling, not this....

Ross, Rome was not built in a day. I will still update the thread with more pictures. The Enugu thread took me more than 3 weeks to update and I still have not covered a third of the city. I know Enugu like the back of my hand, anyone who knows Owerri can give me suggestions on where to find neater shots.

Everyone can also add their own Owerri pictures.

This is an ongoing work. Lets be patient.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Jul 30, 2012
FACE:

Akabo is not in Owerri capital territory and I am sure that you will notice the sign that says welcome to owerri capital territory just after the bridge at Ugwu Orji,which is about 5Km from Akabo. That part of Imo is densely populated going towards Anara,Okwelle, Uruala,Ideato, Orlu and there is no clear distinction between nearby towns, therefore any visitor can be forgiven for thinking that Akabo,Atta,Ikeduru and other nearby towns are in Owerri. That is also the case going towards Mbaise-Umuahia.

That road is a federal road linking Owerri to Enugu and Okigwe and blaming Rochas will be equivalent to blaming chime for not fixing the express way from Agbani or Awgu to Enugu.

However, the road is a sorry sight, judging from that picture you posted and I agree with you that the governor should do something about it regardless of who owns the road.

I have never known it to be that bad. The last time I used that road was 2.5 years ago when I went to Mbano for a traditional wedding and although there was a heavy wedding-wrecking downpour, there was no flooding as we used that road.

I asked someone about that road today and he told me that Rochas inspected the road himself and has undertaken to fix the road even though it is a federal road, but some houses may have to go to make way for a run off drainage. So let's watch this space.

If I cover Owerri I should also cover the environs. Akabo is very near to Owerri. My annoyance is that this spot knocked off 2 hours of my life, waiting on a hold up to pass this 100 meter spot. Is it cool?, imagine that up to 200,000 people pass here everyday and you will see my annoyance. We need to show such. I showed up to 3 heaps of rubbish in ninth mile, near Enugu. We should be real if we want change.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:38am On Jul 30, 2012
OK, since we are very impatient and want it no now instead of the gradual approach that will yield better results, let me start with my old pictures of Owerri. I have better ones but still searching in my large files.

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Jul 30, 2012
more

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:40am On Jul 30, 2012
I wont have time for commentaries, rushing to an appointment

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Jul 30, 2012
commentaries about the images may come later because this is rushed

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Jul 30, 2012
more

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:44am On Jul 30, 2012
mbaise road

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:46am On Jul 30, 2012
more

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:47am On Jul 30, 2012
fire service round about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says / EFCC Docks Dasuki, Yuguda, Others On Fresh Charges Today / FG Okays More External Borrowings, Vows To Turn Economy Around- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.