Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,867 members, 7,862,898 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:35 AM

Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City (12394 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others / Anambra Capital City - After 20years As A Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Spyder880 i greet you once again.

You shouldnt use because few people were attacking and causing problem and decided to forget your camera whenever you wanna go.Afterall 95% of umuigbo here are solidly behind you.Why i still want you to come and take some pix of Abakaliki is because some folks here don't know us(the good the bad and the ugly) ___i applaud you to continue your good work and keep changing alaigbo for good.

udu diri gi

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by ak47mann(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
beautiful!!! their is no place like home...ala-igbo is coming up fast..............let the right protect the life...no doubt......
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva: @Abagoro
I get your point about Spyder880 uploading pictures of other Imo towns in an Owerri thread but I don't really think it's a reason to get worked up. I'm sure if the outskirts he showed were very beatiful, you wouln'd have told him to restrict his tentacle to Owerri alone. There's really no way you can talk about owerri without bringing some other parts of Owerri. He also did same for the Enugu thread as many of the pictures he took were from the outskirts of Enugu city. Let's cut him some slack and encourage him cos it seems he's the only one that doing this job. I wonder why can't people that are based in Owerri, aba, Abakaliki, Awka, Ontisha etc cannot take pictures of their city like Spider Nwanne is doing. Spider is not really familiar with most of these cities because he's Enugu born and bred.

You are wrong bro. I already posted pictures of Orlu which is also a different city in Imo State. What I'm hammering on is the title. Imo State is generally beautiful in comparison to most of Nigeria but he shouldn't title it Owerri and post somewhere else in order to downgrade Owerri. There are many threads on Imo already which I opened and he even posted on but this one should have been on the bubbling life of Owerri.

https://www.nairaland.com/980986/imo-state-hand-midas/

And again like I earlier stated, Imo and Anambra are not like Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi in terms of city and rural relationship. In Abia, you can label anywhere from Obehie to Isialangwa including the bush as Aba but in Imo, territories matter a lot or one big town would swallow another. Almost the entire northern Imo towns are joined from Owerri to Uga in Anambra State.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo:

You are wrong bro. I already posted pictures of Orlu which is also a different city in Imo State. What I'm hammering on is the title. Imo State is generally beautiful in comparison to most of Nigeria but he shouldn't title it Owerri and post somewhere else in order to downgrade Owerri. There are many threads on Imo already which I opened and he even posted on but this one should have been on the bubbling life of Owerri.

https://www.nairaland.com/980986/imo-state-hand-midas/

And again like I earlier stated, Imo and Anambra are not like Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi in terms of city and rural relationship. In Abia, you can label anywhere from Obehie to Isialangwa including the bush as Aba but in Imo, territories matter a lot or one big town would swallow another. Almost the entire northern Imo towns are joined from Owerri to Uga in Anambra State.

Me, downgrade Owerri? Just because I showed a flooded bad road at Akabo? Was Enugu downgraded when I showed pictures of the horrible road in old road Ngwo town? (Near C C Onoh house) I even showed my village road untarred and dirty!

I will control myself and leave the thread now before I say things I will regret later. Thank you for turning what would have been a wonderful thread into something else.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by andresia(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
AbaMALLAMgworo, why are u so troublesome? U ve spoilt this thread and am out of here SHM! Nwannem Spider, pls leave this thread for mallamgworo and his ilk, update the Enugu thread like u promised and post pictures of other alaigbo towns abeg. Come to think of it, pipul of owerri and environs are notorious as petition writers and quarrelsome!
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
manbuchai: Democracy is
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.We are at liberty to voice our views concerning a particular issue,it could be in favour or in opposition.Europe does not present their shortcomings for the world to see,there are many poor countries in Europe especially the east block,yet you hardy see that in media.Their negative aspects are hidden.Because a lot of these countries lives on tourism.If you present a picture of a flooded road in Owerri do you think it would attract tourist?Thanks
Even if u must voice out ur grievances u shuld do it in mature manner. Ur openin statemet was 'i hate fake ppl' that is rather too harsh. Ppl in this forum rnt kids. So u shuld act like adult. More over no one is sayin mr spyder for d pic we hv bn enjoyin. If ur frm owerri why dnt u take time to do wat spyder frm enugu is doin. Like he pointed out he dsnt reside in owerri and wuldnt no much abt d city map. He is jst makin effort to promote igbo states
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
manbuchai: Democracy is
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives.We are at liberty to voice our views concerning a particular issue,it could be in favour or in opposition.Europe does not present their shortcomings for the world to see,there are many poor countries in Europe especially the east block,yet you hardy see that in media.Their negative aspects are hidden.Because a lot of these countries lives on tourism.If you present a picture of a flooded road in Owerri do you think it would attract tourist?Thanks
Even if u must voice out ur grievances u shuld do it in mature manner. Ur openin statemet was 'i hate fake ppl' that is rather too harsh. Ppl in this forum rnt kids. So u shuld act like adult. More over no one is sayin mr spyder for d pic we hv bn enjoyin. If ur frm owerri why dnt u take time to do wat spyder frm enugu is doin. Like he pointed out he dsnt reside in owerri and wuldnt no much abt d city map. He is jst makin effort to promote igbo states. Ur nxt post shuld hv bn apology.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by ballabriggs: 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Errm Nda Spyder leeeeeeeee, photo of Owerre without those joints anyi neje ataa ngwo ngwo = 0

Biko make amends if possible.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by andresia(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
centje:
Even if u must voice out ur grievances u shuld do it in mature manner. Ur openin statemet was 'i hate fake ppl' that is rather too harsh. Ppl in this forum rnt kids. So u shuld act like adult. More over no one is sayin mr spyder for d pic we hv bn enjoyin. If ur frm owerri why dnt u take time to do wat spyder frm enugu is doin. Like he pointed out he dsnt reside in owerri and wuldnt no much abt d city map. He is jst makin effort to promote igbo states. Ur nxt post shuld hv bn apology.

There is something definetly wrong with our brothers from Imo state. This is the second thread about showcasing owerri opened by Spider nwannem. The first was derailed by a set of renegades from that state and this promising second thread has been totally spoilt by another set of perverts from same state! na wah
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by andresia(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
centje:

There is something definitely wrong with our brothers from Imo state. This is the second thread about showcasing owerri opened by Spider nwannem. The first was derailed by a set of renegades from that state and this promising second thread has been totally spoilt by another set of perverts from same state! na wah
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
andresia: AbaMALLAMgworo, why are u so troublesome? U ve spoilt this thread and am out of here SHM! Nwannem Spider, pls leave this thread for mallamgworo and his ilk, update the Enugu thread like u promised and post pictures of other alaigbo towns abeg. Come to think of it, pipul of owerri and environs are notorious as petition writers and quarrelsome!

I have opened threads on Imo severally with pictures. So stop these seemingly jealous comments. If I open a thread on say "Akure the most bubbling state capital", I will post pictures showing the reason why it is the most bubbling capital and not look for pictures of a spoilt road at Ijebu Ode.

https://www.nairaland.com/980986/imo-state-hand-midas
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2012
centje:
Even if u must voice out ur grievances u shuld do it in mature manner. Ur openin statemet was 'i hate fake ppl' that is rather too harsh. Ppl in this forum rnt kids. So u shuld act like adult. More over no one is sayin mr spyder for d pic we hv bn enjoyin. If ur frm owerri why dnt u take time to do wat spyder frm enugu is doin. Like he pointed out he dsnt reside in owerri and wuldnt no much abt d city map. He is jst makin effort to promote igbo states
Fake:It may have either negative or positve connotation.Fake- is the ability to conceal the defects of or make to appear more attractive,interesting,valuable etc.Anything made to appear other wise than it actually is.This is not an insult or abuse,it depends on the way you look at it.Some journalist fakes a report to convey their message,in soccer a striker has to fake a defender to score.We should learn to accept changes,Africans especially those that are not exposed does not tolerate oppostion.That is why we have so much politically motivated killings,any one that stands in opposition to our way is either silenced or intimidated.The basic law of electricity states that,"without positive and negative there will be no flow of cuurent"E=voltage,1=current,R=resistance.We should apply this in our everyday life.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2012
andresia:

There is something definitely wrong with our brothers from Imo state. This is the second thread about showcasing owerri opened by Spider nwannem. The first was derailed by a set of renegades from that state and this promising second thread has been totally spoilt by another set of perverts from same state! na wah
There is nothing wrong with Imolites,because they refuse to be intimidated is strange to you.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by manbuchai: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2012
andresia: AbaMALLAMgworo, why are u so troublesome? U ve spoilt this thread and am out of here SHM! Nwannem Spider, pls leave this thread for mallamgworo and his ilk, update the Enugu thread like u promised and post pictures of other alaigbo towns abeg. Come to think of it, pipul of owerri and environs are notorious as petition writers and quarrelsome!
Learn to adapt to changes,we are at liberty to resist any injustice that comes our way in any form.Writing petition is civil,that is what democracy entails.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by donwill: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
Abagworo:

The title you gave this thread is "Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City". You can't give that title and start posting something else. You could have used "The good and bad sides of Owerri" as the title. What this means is that you planned to give the bad side. You might tempt me into opening an Imo versus Enugu thread, where pictures and statistics will come to play.
abagworo,pls stop that.are you encourageing to mr spirder for taking his time to showcase the beauty of ala igbo.mr spirder is showing sincerety both in his thread of enugu showing both the slum ,ugly ,dirty places in enugu.why did you not told him to stop posting such pictures since it is not from enugu city.please decist from your my city atitude it those not encourage the oness of igbo.u see you called yourself an igbo and want to start a thread of comparing you sister city with your owerre,are you now a true nwa igbo?you are a woe to this thread.oga spirder carry go,show us the beauty and ugly of our land.abagworo i mean no insult forgive me if i use indecent words on you.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by donwill: 2:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
Abagworo:

The title you gave this thread is "Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City". You can't give that title and start posting something else. You could have used "The good and bad sides of Owerri" as the title. What this means is that you planned to give the bad side. You might tempt me into opening an Imo versus Enugu thread, where pictures and statistics will come to play.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
I see you people do this to threads started by people from other regions in Nigeria, but it's sad to see you people do the same thing to your own people. No matter what, good or bad, what's yours is yours. The places he posted are still your front yard or backyard regardless.

What are you ashamed of or what are you hiding? There's good and bad in every society on earth so stop acting like babies.

The thread starter here got a raw deal and a big smack in the face for his noble and worthy effort and it's really disheartening to see him succumb to pressure. You can not even be proud of one of your own because of pettiness.

This is a big shame.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Crayola1: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
Viewing this topic: afam4eva(m), metro10, AJpikin, Crayola1, Eko Ile and 1 guest(s)

Jesus what a stalker shocked
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by MajeOfficial: 11:28am On Nov 14, 2012
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ , God bless you for those powerful pictures. Alaigbo is great!
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by redsun(m): 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
Eko Ile: Nice village function and colorful villagers. But den dirty sha. Den no sabi put trash and pure water plastic inside trash bin?

Smh

Shut up.That is what happens in events and should be picked up after events by contracted cleaners,council or community volunteers.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by redsun(m): 12:38pm On Nov 14, 2012
ballabriggs:

These highlife bands is just why I love Owerri. Forget every other thing, nightlife in Owerri is awesome.

How about ORIENTAL BROTHERS man?I love that band man,their girls are wicked,the way they dance to the tunes is captivating.

I am looking forward to meeting them someday.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dede1(m): 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2012
FACE:

Akabo is not in Owerri capital territory and I am sure that you will notice the sign that says welcome to owerri capital territory just after the bridge at Ugwu Orji,which is about 5Km from Akabo. That part of Imo is densely populated going towards Anara,Okwelle, Uruala,Ideato, Orlu and there is no clear distinction between nearby towns, therefore any visitor can be forgiven for thinking that Akabo,Atta,Ikeduru and other nearby towns are in Owerri. That is also the case going towards Mbaise-Umuahia.

That road is a federal road linking Owerri to Enugu and Okigwe and blaming Rochas will be equivalent to blaming chime for not fixing the express way from Agbani or Awgu to Enugu.

However, the road is a sorry sight, judging from that picture you posted and I agree with you that the governor should do something about it regardless of who owns the road.

I have never known it to be that bad. The last time I used that road was 2.5 years ago when I went to Mbano for a traditional wedding and although there was a heavy wedding-wrecking downpour, there was no flooding as we used that road.

I asked someone about that road today and he told me that Rochas inspected the road himself and has undertaken to fix the road even though it is a federal road, but some houses may have to go to make way for a run off drainage. So let's watch this space.

Owerri capital territory is pegged at 15 miles radius from center to outer. It means that Atta is even included in Owerri Capital Territory talk less of Akabo. The issue remains the new sectional and idiotic policies adopted by Rochas Okorocha who thought Owerri municipal is Owerri Capital Territory therefore had used such myopic yardstick to move everything from Owerri to Orlu. I am not saying that Orlu should not be remembered in a scheme of things politically but he should not have attempted the move of IMSU to Ogboko, Ideato South LGA in the pretence that Owerri has run out of space.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dede1(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2012
Abagworo:

Akabo is a different village not in any way regarded as Owerri. This is just like going to a village along the bad. Portion of Benin-Lagos expressway and labeling it Lagos. It is better you use "Imo" instead of "Owerri". Otherwise one day people will take pictures from Obigbo. Okrika and Aba calling it Port Harcourt.

I do not know the extent of official territory regarded as Port Harcourt Capital Territory or developmental zone however to the best of my knowledge, Owerri has 15 miles radius. I do not see anything wrong if Obigbo shall become the greater Port Harcourt Territory. Who envisaged that Iddo, Ikorodu, Epe, Shomolu, Apapa, Eko, Lekki, Lagos Island, Badagry and even Ota shall become or enjoy the developmental spread engender by Lagos as capital territory of Nigeria.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by MajeOfficial: 8:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
MODERATORS ARE DELETING MY PICTURES

why? they are clean and beautiful pictures that are even better than the ones above but for some reason keep getting deleted!? 100 threads of nigerians bringing down nigerians are allowed to prosper but one celebrating the beauty of our creation is restricted and cut down.

why?
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dainfamous: 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=]MODERATORS ARE DELETING MY PICTURES

why? they are clean and beautiful pictures that are even better than the ones above but for some reason keep getting deleted!? 100 threads of nigerians bringing down nigerians are allowed to prosper but one celebrating the beauty of our creation is restricted and cut down.

why?[/quote]keep posting nothing mega cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Rochas Okorocha's Evil Deceits In Imo State (must See) / NUPENG Expresses Fear For Fuel Scarcity / 2023: No Igbo Man Contesting Presidency, They Are All Eyeing VP Slot – MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.