Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,843 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City (12393 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Not Ill, Bubbling In Detention – Lawyer / AWKA: A Capital City In Race To Catch Up With Others / Anambra Capital City - After 20years As A Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Eko Ile: Nice village picks...keep it up.
Most beautiful village in Nigeria. Let's see the pics of your own village.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by ballabriggs: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Oge Sam na chimo, De Sam Mbakwe

Former Governor of Imo State Samuuu, Sam Mbakweeee

Oge Sam na chimooooo, ibata na ala owerri, Imo State wu ebejiagamba,

Kemgba Sam ji lakpuo, amam ihem ne meeme
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 3:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Most beautiful village in Nigeria. Let's see the pics of your own village.

Relax gun slinger. We are saying the same thing, your village is beautiful, I even like the yellow kekenapep giving your village that nice village look. Keep it up.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Afam4eva(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Eko Ile:

Relax gun slinger. We are saying the same thing, your village is beautiful, I even like the yellow kekenapep giving your village that nice village look. Keep it up.
Thanks. So, what mode of transport do you use in your village?? Bicycle or broom?
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
ballabriggs: Oge Sam na chimo, De Sam Mbakwe

Former Governor of Imo State Samuuu, Sam Mbakweeee

Oge Sam na chimooooo, ibata na ala owerri, Imo State wu ebejiagamba,

Kemgba Sam ji lakpuo, amam ihem ne meeme

Agu idi egwu o!cheesy
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Thanks. So, what mode of transport do you use in your village?? Bicycle or broom?
nah SHEEPgringringrin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by ballabriggs: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
All these Owelle, Onwa or Ochinawanta, all of them na counterfeit.

De Sam must be rolling in his grave now.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
Owus Avenue, Orlu still under construction.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2012
Orlu is really turning into a city oo. With these pace of development, it may rival Owerri in the future. I'm happy that every town in Igboland is competing with each other.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva: Orlu is really turning into a city oo. With these pace of development, it may rival Owerri in the future. I'm happy that every town in Igboland is competing with each other.

I'm happy Rochas is moving into other areas outside Owerri which had been hitherto neglected.

Orlu-Ihiala Road under construction.

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
Another road under construction in Orlu.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by asha80(m): 4:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
i wonder if people from these places that roads are being constructed will have the patience endure the lenght of the construction time because the feeling i get is that some people are getting impatient.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by asha80(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
abagworo at the time you went to orlu were construction still going in orlu or were works at stand still?
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dainfamous: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
achi4u: nah SHEEPgringringrin
hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

back to topic.developing infrastructures and connecting all the roads in the IMO from town to town village to village all over the state is the way APGA party operates,i think is their logo.................
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Da infamous: hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

back to topic.developing infrastructures and connecting all the roads in the IMO from town to town village to village all over the state is the way APGA party operates,i think is their logo.................
Gbam!
but sir,i'll hope ur not speaking in parables?gringrin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dainfamous: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
achi4u: Gbam!
but sir,i'll hope ur not speaking in parables?gringrin
how can grin grin am stating the fact now abi na lie grin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by achi4u(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Da infamous: how can grin grin am stating the fact now abi na lie grin
hahahahahagringrin;Dyes,ur stating a daluted fact.
Am memeber of almight APGAgrin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dainfamous: 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
achi4u: hahahahahagringrin;Dyes,ur stating a daluted fact.
Am memeber of almight APGAgrin
GBAM party for life... grin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
asha 80: abagworo at the time you went to orlu were construction still going in orlu or were works at stand still?

Pockets of construction were on at a few places. Most seem to be left at whatever stage they were. I actually went to Nkwerre but stopped @Orlu to take pictures so I can't really say for sure. The Orlu-Nkwerre road was very bad at the Orlu town part maybe from activities of the construction company.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abeg, more pictures from our Imo brothers, I just got one sent to my phone from around World bank area Owerri. We must showcase the beauty of our people.

I flew over Enugu on a helicopter today, more pictures in the Enugu thread later.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Dainfamous: 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
spyder880: Abeg, more pictures from our Imo brothers, I just got one sent to my phone from around World bank area Owerri. We must showcase the beauty of our people.

[b]I flew over Enugu on a helicopter today, [/b]more pictures in the Enugu thread later.
Guy u dey live lifeoooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
@poster please change the title as it sounds mischievous, misleading and contradictory to what you were trying to portray. The title should be "The good and bad sides of infrastructure in Imo State".
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo: @poster please change the title as it sounds mischievous, misleading and contradictory to what you were trying to portray. The title should be "The good and bad sides of infrastructure in Imo State".

This thread is about Owerri, Imo state. Going by your logic, you are not even supposed to post Orlu pictures here since you saw Owerri up there? cheesy
You also tried to mislead us cheesy
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 6:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
Da infamous: Guy u dey live lifeoooo cheesy cheesy

Bros, na wash grin
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
spyder880:

This thread is about Owerri, Imo state. Going by your logic, you are not even supposed to post Orlu pictures here since you saw Owerri up there? cheesy
You also tried to mislead us cheesy

You wrote Owerri and started posting Akabo and places that are never considered as Owerri either by kinship or urbanization. So it is best we use Imo instead of Owerri. Enugu is the name of a State and also the name of its capital and Enugu is not densely populated like Imo or Anambra. In Imo and Anambra almost everywhere is joined but we do not consider them one town or city. Obosi or Nkpor is not Onitsha and Akabo or Mbieri is not Owerri.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by EkoIle1: 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
afam4eva:

Pick one, it doesn't matter to me.

It's good to know y'all like your villages sha....ibo kwenu.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo:

You wrote Owerri and started posting Akabo and places that are never considered as Owerri either by kinship or urbanization. So it is best we use Imo instead of Owerri. Enugu is the name of a State and also the name of its capital and Enugu is not densely populated like Imo or Anambra. In Imo and Anambra almost everywhere is joined but we do not consider them one town or city. Obosi or Nkpor is not Onitsha and Akabo or Mbieri is not Owerri.

My brother let us not argue too much about this, we dont like the truth to be revealed, that normal with us Nigerians. My company is currently spending millions repainting everywhere, flooring cracked floors, washing all gutters, even employing contractors to work day and night today till Friday, why?
Auditors are coming for inspection next Monday, and we want to pass the inspection tests. Why are we not doing all these maintenance since last year? Only rushing around at the last minute to appear good in the eyes of the white man, typical Nigerian mentality.

I will not be like that, I will paste dirty pictures in the Enugu thread tonight, the whole building I will show are all over 100 years old, but that is the reality on the ground and I am proud of it, while wishing for change, I must be real to myself. While wishing for change, this is the way we are NOW.

I will travel to Abakaliki on business tomorrow, but I will forget my camera in Enugu. I dont want anyone to give me an e-slap because I took pictures which people may consider dirty, did I pour the dirt there?
Besides I will be so busy that I may spend only about 2 hours in Abakaliki, and someone will want me to cover the whole city and paste the best of our sister state of Ebonyi in 2 hours, even as I dont know my way around in Abakaliki as I am just a visitor.

I will also desist from taking any other city pictures, except Enugu. Please forgive me for making this costly mistake. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
spyder880:

My brother let us not argue too much about this, we dont like the truth to be revealed, that normal with us Nigerians. My company is currently spending millions repainting everywhere, flooring cracked floors, washing all gutters, even employing contractors to work day and night today till Friday, why?
Auditors are coming for inspection next Monday, and we want to pass the inspection tests. Why are we not doing all these maintenance since last year? Only rushing around at the last minute to appear good in the eyes of the white man, typical Nigerian mentality.

I will not be like that, I will paste dirty pictures in the Enugu thread tonight, the whole building I will show are all over 100 years old, but that is the reality on the ground and I am proud of it, while wishing for change, I must be real to myself. While wishing for change, this is the way we are NOW.

I will travel to Abakaliki on business tomorrow, but I will forget my camera in Enugu. I dont want anyone to give me an e-slap because I took pictures which people may consider dirty, did I pour the dirt there?
Besides I will be so busy that I may spend only about 2 hours in Abakaliki, and someone will want me to cover the whole city and paste the best of our sister state of Ebonyi in 2 hours, even as I dont know my way around in Abakaliki as I am just a visitor.

I will also desist from taking any other city pictures, except Enugu. Please forgive me for making this costly mistake. Thank you all.

You are running away from yourself. My issue with you is that if you want to cover Owerri, then do it but do not give misleading information to people that another town is Owerri. You can post pictures of the oldest part of Owerri like Douglas, Tetlow, Wetheral and Mbaise road or the mid-aged ones like Aladinma, Ikenegbu, Works layout, Oratta housing, Federal housing, Prefab, Umuguma/World bank or as well the newer parts like Ojukwu boulevard, Concorde Avenue and Yar'adua drive. Do not post pictures of Mbieri, Anara, Orlu, Nkwerre, Egbema, Mgbirichi, Ohaji, Irete, Njaba, Okigwe, Amaraku, Amauzari etc and label them as Owerri.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo:

You are running away from yourself. My issue with you is that if you want to cover Owerri, then do it but do not give misleading information to people that another town is Owerri. You can post pictures of the oldest part of Owerri like Douglas, Tetlow, Wetheral and Mbaise road or the mid-aged ones like Aladinma, Ikenegbu, Works layout, Oratta housing, Federal housing, Prefab, Umuguma/World bank or as well the newer parts like Ojukwu boulevard, Concorde Avenue and Yar'adua drive. Do not post pictures of Mbieri, Anara, Orlu, Nkwerre, Egbema, Mgbirichi, Ohaji, Irete, Njaba, Okigwe, Amaraku, Amauzari etc and label them as Owerri.

One quick question, in the post with the bad road, did I call it Owerri? How did I describe the place? Please kindly go and look at that post again before replying. I am waiting.
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Abagworo(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
spyder880:

One quick question, in the post with the bad road, did I call it Owerri? How did I describe the place? Please kindly go and look at that post again before replying. I am waiting.

The title you gave this thread is "Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City". You can't give that title and start posting something else. You could have used "The good and bad sides of Owerri" as the title. What this means is that you planned to give the bad side. You might tempt me into opening an Imo versus Enugu thread, where pictures and statistics will come to play.

1 Like

Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by spyder880(m): 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abagworo:

The title you gave this thread is "Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City". You can't give that title and start posting something else. You could have used "The good and bad sides of Owerri" as the title. What this means is that you planned to give the bad side. You might tempt me into opening an Imo versus Enugu thread, where pictures and statistics will come to play.

Ok, you cannot defend your former statement again, why twisting and turning? Did I ever mention anywhere that Enugu is better than Owerri, why the diversion?

I was in Owerri for two hours and started this thread with those initial pictures, hoping to go back for more scoop, I said so in the first page of the closed thread, and even on this one I told everybody that this is a work in progress, invited everone to add theirs and all you do is attack my honest intentions.

Enugu thread started on July 2nd, and I take shots and add daily because I live here. I am still adding pictures there and will add 15 tonight. Why the impatience in the case of Owerri, I asked that question early this morning, and even had to go and lift pictures 30 from an old thread to satisfy you, and you are still complaining?

The pictures I lifted this morning are not even planned to be here, I was planning to visit World bank and other fine places,,,,, in fact I tire for our people, Abagworo, I am disappointed, but no problem, I caused it for myself, who even begged me to start the problem for myself?
Re: Owerri, Nigeria's Most Bubbling Capital City by Afam4eva(m): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Abagoro
I get your point about Spyder880 uploading pictures of other Imo towns in an Owerri thread but I don't really think it's a reason to get worked up. I'm sure if the outskirts he showed were very beatiful, you wouln'd have told him to restrict his tentacle to Owerri alone. There's really no way you can talk about owerri without bringing some other parts of Owerri. He also did same for the Enugu thread as many of the pictures he took were from the outskirts of Enugu city. Let's cut him some slack and encourage him cos it seems he's the only one that doing this job. I wonder why can't people that are based in Owerri, aba, Abakaliki, Awka, Ontisha etc cannot take pictures of their city like Spider Nwanne is doing. Spider is not really familiar with most of these cities because he's Enugu born and bred.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos AD Governorship Candidate Vows To Challenge Sanwo-olu’s Victory In Court / APC Ward Chairman Confirms Emefiele’s Membership, Says He Registered February 21 / Pictures Of Rochas Okorocha's Evil Deceits In Imo State (must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.