Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware (13373 Views)

How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by texazzpete(m): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
Anyone who falls to this scam (poor grammar and all) deserves to lose his/her money!
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by cbaba: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
hmmm last time i checked i ate my mtn sim card at a wedding,literally...Sep 25 2006...Goodbye! if its awuuuf (thrice, am serious and its not recharge cards)i have gotten a lot,but these guys sha wan collect everything they gave me
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Bzoe(f): 7:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
I sent just one when i realised dat it was not free
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by abdulizom(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
And who said, MTN doesn't have hands in it.
Why have de not refute it, why is it dat is always MTN.
MTN can do anytin to defraud customers, de are capable of arranging d entire scam.
U can imagine our situation in d hands of MTN witout competitors, Cost of calling wuld ve just been, avoiding travelling because of stress.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Jeffy1206(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
yommy2sure: I hissed when i saw it too. Its not new, i wonder why some of my contacts fell for it
same wit me,mcheeeeeeew.bt wu is getin de mony fo sms if nt mtn....
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by zone77(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
lol..mtn..nutin goes 4 nutin.i received and deleted it sharply.i hate that network.glo till mtn falls
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Jeffy1206(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Series22: Tears.. And i fell 4 d scam.. I needed 1500 so i sent to 20 ppl.. Chaii. My money o! But poster, u shuld hv said dis earliar na
u b coret ibo boi...hahaha grin
Series22: Tears.. And i fell 4 d scam.. I needed 1500 so i sent to 20 ppl.. Chaii. My money o! But poster, u shuld hv said dis earliar na
u b coret ibo boi...hahaha
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by bobokelly(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
How long will this continue in this country, scam, on net, scam on phone again, NIGERIA WE HAIL-DEE
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Rubyrose: 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
mawojuuche:

d sms is not free. if u send it and ur moni was not deducted then it must hav been charged on ur wkend bonus. dial *559# to check ur bonus.
I wasn't having airtime when I sent it and it went.. I don't know any bonus 'cos I rarely recharge my MTN line, I guess may be it was deducted from my bonus like you said. It won't happen again sha,have learnt my lesson.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by BJ4REEL(m): 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
Egelife: If it is a scam, wat does d fraudster stand to gain?
hehehehe....my guy,na MTN be d scammer... .only God no how much dey realised on those text sent,just yestrdy nd 2day
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Smhart1(f): 9:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Eze Promoe: The scam is as a result of the weekend free SMS MTN are giving. People looking for ways to exhaust their SMS.
you understand jawe, me i sent it because i didnt want mtn to have their bonus back so i decided to waste it
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by In4MATIC1: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
Havilah93: i received exactly the same sms yesterday morning. I already ignored it......got one last week saying fashola was receiving one acn flag ....all na fraud

HAHAHAHA. LWKMD
I got d same text last week of the fashola AC flag n i though "how dumb" and to think it was sent to me by a girl i was thinking on dating. Of course I've jettisoned that plan. Such dimness in one i expected better from was unbelievable
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by achi4u(m): 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
mawojuuche:

d sms is not free. if u send it and ur moni was not deducted then it must hav been charged on ur wkend bonus. dial *559# to check ur bonus.
guy u dy sharp o! i just check my bonus and nottin remeber.but they says is free?
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by oladayo042: 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
The message has been around for a very long time, usually used to promote a particular event. I'm just amazed that people still fall for this kind of message.

My Rule 1: I'll never forward any message I receive because the sender asked me to. Be it a purported prophecy from a popular pastor, a purported threat of Boko Haram, or any other message asking me to sample friends opinion on a particular issue. In fact, they always sound silly to me.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by oladayo042: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
abdul izom: And who said, MTN doesn't have hands in it.
Why have de not refute it, why is it dat is always MTN.
MTN can do anytin to defraud customers, de are capable of arranging d entire scam.
U can imagine our situation in d hands of MTN witout competitors, Cost of calling wuld ve just been, avoiding travelling because of stress.
Cool down bro. The original sender of the message does not care about the network used. I've seen such messages on other networks as well.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Funkadict(m): 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
Henries: Though txt message is free,i actually feel for d scam n i felt stupid cos i actually got 2 church late 2day bussy sendin d fuckin scam.

I didn't have credit on my phone as at the time I sent mine too it feels so funny been to be caught up in such scam
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by oladayo042: 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Smhart1: you understand jawe, me i sent it because i didnt want mtn to have their bonus back so i decided to waste it
Do you ever give a thought to how your recipients will think of you? If I'm one of your recipients, how do you expect me to know that you sent it because of the free sms you had? How do you want me to feel after knowing that you went on and sent the message, knowing well that the content of the message is dubious?
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by lamidex2(m): 10:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
Only the dumb ones that would believe such a gullible message. No apologies
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by EazyJ(f): 1:52am On Jul 30, 2012
When I received d msg,I was doubting cos Mtn is not dat nice.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by gonzaga: 4:33am On Jul 30, 2012
This goes to show the very GREEDY DNA make up of most Nigerians. Commonsense would have told any sensible fellow that, if MTN truly wanted to give out 750 airtime, they will simply effect that on all the registered lines on their database. Why make people slave by sending ten sms freely before they receive the airtime?

If it is true that it's a scam, I will be the happiest person, as some idiots have been disturbing my phone with this useless message. GREED and most Nigerians are one and the same. This is why corruption will never leave us alone.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by McGeorge1(m): 6:04am On Jul 30, 2012
Sunbellar: Only greedy people can easily be scammed just for #750. I dont need their awfu money
you have said nothing... Mtcheeeew
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Hitmequincy(m): 6:40am On Jul 30, 2012
HIS EXECELLENCY GOV.fASHOLA WILL COLLECT HIS A.C FLAG TOMORROW,KINDLY SEND THIS TEXT TO 10 PEOPLE AND RECIEV 1500 CARD NOW.IT IS FREE. Here is another one I received but will never fall for it.. Neva grin
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by ikee(m): 6:56am On Jul 30, 2012
nikkyshyne: It is not a scam. It is just to keep mumu people busy!
grin grin grin i think you are right my sister
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2012
[quote author=Balyz] And did you get the promised 750 reward? Who cares about the 750 reward? Read what i wrote again if you are on glasses... tongue
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by cypherz: 7:02am On Jul 30, 2012
Gee! C'mon. Saw the message, calmly closed my inbox and resumed browsing the net. Its just like when one gets a BC on BBM that ask the receiver to re-broadcast to get one's BBM updated. Its all a scam. If you think about it, you would realise. Problem is that most of us just see the 'awoof' in the sentence and blank every other thing out....including our senses.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Gudsyd(f): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2012
Since d sms was free,dis d only means dey devised 2 gt dia money bk.though i fel victim f dat scam,ntin goes 4 notin
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by rman: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2012
MTN will not send such a ridiculous message and I am appalled that educated folks can fall for this.

Now I understand why all the 419 people are still in bussiness.

NIGERIANS ARE SO GULLIBLE THE MOMENT ANYTHING FREE IS ATTACHED TO SOMETHING! CHEI!
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Skmoda360(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2012
F.K.O:
Ha MTN don make sum nigerians desperate for r'charge card.
Face it,MTN will never give u N100 nt to talk of N750,they are too stingy !
Join the winning,join ETIBABA(etisalat).
but they've given me #100 before, bt maybe its a mistake i think..
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by tollu: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2012
There is a difference between SCAM and Prank.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by maximum007(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2012
Who no know that one? Abi you be Johnny just come for naija?
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by maximum007(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2012
tollu: There is a difference between SCAM and Prank.
Other network providers could start something like that just to try and jam their network through overload.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / D / Etisalat Chat Pack Auto Renewal Cant Stop It, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.