Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware (13375 Views)

How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / One Free MTN-to-MTN SMS Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Ishilove: 8:35am On Jul 30, 2012
Blame it on GEJ grin
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by omoharry(f): 9:45am On Jul 30, 2012
It is not a scam. I recharged my line with 1500 naira for my BB during the week and receievd a bonus alert of 750 naira; was able to call all my mtn contact during the weekend until the bonus credit was exhausted.Except u guys are saying something different from this recent MTN weekend BONUS PROMO.IT IS NOT A SCAMM.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by nnamel: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2012
Ishilove: Blame it on GEJ grin
but mtn as a company should have a unit that protects mtn from being a channel of these SCAMS
Ishilove: Blame it on GEJ grin
but mtn as a company should have a unit that protects mtn from being a channel of these SCAMS
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Ogetogeo(m): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2012
Its not a scam but a prank to keep mumu ppl busy as someone righly said.

Someone will just sit down and construct a mischievious sms, adding an incentive to it and ask ppl to broadcast. It mainly circulate when ppl have bonus airtime or sms credits.

Some even go to the xtend of blackmailing one with the name of God, that if you obey and send, you will recieve suprise blessing but if you dnt, your guess is as good as mine.

I have warned my contacts to stop forwarding such to me.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Onyenna(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2012
Series22: Tears.. And i fell 4 d scam.. I needed 1500 so i sent to 20 ppl.. Chaii. My money o! But poster, u shuld hv said dis earliar na
grin grin grin grin.... Dude, for real!!!? grin grin MTN would never give anyone FREE credit just like that!!!.. It's a pity... grin grin ..hahahahAaaaaaaaa.... ##*Onyenna just fainted***
grin
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by 9japple(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
i received two different strings of the sms. i knew it was fake but i passed it along all the same because upper weekend MTN gave me close to 3000 naira worth of free sms and calls but i couldnt finish the freebies before the 12 midnight deadline. so yesterday i had to send both strings and still had 600 naira worth of freebies that i could not finish. this thing has been happening over the years so i'm immune to them
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by DURKHEIM: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
9grians are greedy. MTN is stingy. We shd hv knwn dese netwrks b4 nw. They are al bunch of 'oles'
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
Hehe...I subscribe to this new Event Promotion Strategy.

Watch out for *HQ will be sworn in tomorrow as president. SEND to FIVE people and get a Range Rover, or a free VIP ticket to your fav. strip club.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Obinoscopy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2012
Some of these post are indirectly from MTN. They're seriouly making money from this chain SMS
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by komek(m): 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
Enoquin: I hissed immediately I got the message and deleted it instantly...free 750 indeed!
sorry τ̅☺ deviate from the topic.
Madam, I just fell in L♥√ع with your signature.

Why is it that I don't get this kind of MTN messages?
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by chiborado: 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
This is not the 1st nor the 2nd time this kind of deceptive and fraudulent sms will be making the rounds. I suspect an insider's involvement here. Why always mtn? Why not Glo, Airtel, Etisalat etc.

Its possible that some idiotic smartees in MTN are behind this.

IMAGINE HOW MUCH THEY MADE WITHIN THE CIRCULATION PERIOD.

Why didn't mtn warn subscribers immediately the sms starts making rounds that it was a scam. Just one or two lines and @ the punch of a button, every one will receive the warning and this shit will stop.

MTN really sucks, they don't give a damn about anybody.

I still suspect some one in MTN to be behind this because of profitability.
Re: MTN SMS About N750 Recharge Card Is A Scam Beware by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
so MTN still get followers plenty like this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / D / Etisalat Chat Pack Auto Renewal Cant Stop It, Why?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.