Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,032 members, 7,838,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them (23266 Views)

GEJ's Achievements: Aganga, Iweala, Nebo, Adesina & Madueke Give Accounts / 56 Punch-list Of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) Achievements In 3 Years / Searching For Gej's Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 2:02am On Jul 30, 2012
Johndoe100:

I am not surprised.
of course u won't grin grin grin
jmaine:

Barth Nnaji, am sure is way smarter and has more value than all your bloodline combined . . .Nuff said grin . .

Btw, What you termed as hard facts is the empirical evidence of folks seeing their house powered more often than was obtainable . . .and that my friend was evident in that thread i referenced . . . The same way you believed that Kobo reference cos it supported your stance is the same way you won't believe a reference if folks report their experience mainly in the negative . . .

So fella, let's carry out a lil survey experiment by creating another feedback thread on power supply generation from Nigerians residing in various part of the country . .let's hear from them . .You wanna try it out ?
Oh yeah a feedback on power on nland right?is dat supposed 2 be a joke? Let me remind you. . .
1. we will be sidelining the millions who don't have access to laptops not to talk of internet and who should form the backbone of whatever survey cos they are in the majority. . .
2.How do i trust that you and your boys won't duplicate usernames and spam the thread?
3.How will a survey carried out on nland be considered a true position of the country?
besides My generator has been blaring all day grin grin
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by taharqa: 2:04am On Jul 30, 2012
[quotea author=alj harem]

Not in Akoko, Okobaba amd ebute metta. AKA Lagos

ALSO not in Beni city [/quote] Electricity has not improvd in Benin City? When last did you visit Benin?I told u b4 dat dis is a PUBLIC FORUM
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by dedeike: 2:06am On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie: 95% of road work in Nigeria are pretty much MAINTENANCE JOBS if you consider that much of the work is on restoring ALREADY EXISTING roads, only that they are in poor states, which happens anywhere.

Last year, we witnessed how a cracked road in Japan, was literally fixed in a matter of days. Can we please stop glorifying road jobs, especially as many of them are just common sense maintenance work, that should really happen more frequently on many of the roads, but due to system delays and corruption only happen once every other year.

I will pardon this ignorance on the grounds that you are a paid agent resident abroad and far detached from the reality on ground.
Those who ply these roads will laugh at you seriously. Onitsha -Owerri is just a maintence job abi? What is to be maintained in Benin -ORE -Sagamu Highway which your paymaster El Rufai's govt left in a dilapidated state?

AFIKPO -Okigwe road is also a maintenance road? And kolo-Nembe-Brass?

Kobojunkie, i can't believe you are the one saying this. You ought to know better. I can excuse chuky234, pataki, and Gbawe for this silly talk and ignorance, because they don't know any better, but not you.

1 Like

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Jul 30, 2012
philip0906:

Oh yeah a feedback on power on nland right?is dat supposed 2 be a joke? Let me remind you. . .
[size=14pt]1. we will be sidelining the millions who don't have access to laptops not to talk of internet and who should form the backbone of whatever survey cos they are in the majority. . .
[/size]2.How do i trust that you and your boys won't duplicate usernames and spam the thread?
3.How will a survey carried out on nland be considered a true position of the country?

The most obvious of reasons why we rely on the REAL NUMBERS to make decisions on how well the Nation is doing.

Only in situations when there are no NATIONAL RECORDS do we then resort to looking at the connected Nigerians for information.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by jmaine: 2:08am On Jul 30, 2012
philip0906:

Oh yeah a feedback on power on nland right? [size=18pt]Let me remind you we will be sidelining the millions who don't access to laptops not to talk of internet access and who should form the backbone of whatever survey cos they are in the majority.[/size] . .How do i trust that you and your boys won't duplicate usernames and spam the thread? How will a survey carried out on nland be considered a true position of the country? besides My generator has been blaring all day grin grin

[size=14pt]Agreed . . .Will remind you all of this, when you folks place your usual suspect poll trying to access/appraise the admin of GEJ . .Nice development grin[/size]
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Bukkyade: 2:08am On Jul 30, 2012
Those listed above and so many more are the achievements of GEJ, it's high time we call a spade by it name. We can not continue to keep deceiving others when we know the truth ourself just because you hate the man, or cause some enemies of the government have paid you, to come here and tell all sort of lies against Mr. President. I can proudly say that this government is working and would do better.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Johndoe100(m): 2:09am On Jul 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The most obvious of reasons why we rely on the REAL NUMBERS to make decisions on how well the Nation is doing.

The only expert on Nigeria that knows nothing about Nigeria. Lets hear it for Kobo.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by oiseworld: 2:12am On Jul 30, 2012
Pataki:

DUNCE ALERT again!!!

Bridge maintenance, road maintenance, street maintenance, bla bla bla? Haba, have we really sunk this low in development in Nigeria sad
philip0906:
In ur desperate bid 2 scramble a list of phantom acheivements, 3rd Mainland bridge maintenance,is now officially an acheivment.hurray 2 d fisherman president grin . u r a sucka pipe grin grin grin
Pataki:

DUNCE ALERT again!!!

Bridge maintenance, road maintenance, street maintenance, bla bla bla? Haba, have we really sunk this low in development in Nigeria sad

oooohhhh so thats on going abi,
what else do you want ? He fights corruption,No achievement, remove subsidy; you'll protest, introduce cassava bread; una no chop. Soo what do you want yee restless and stiff necked children.

You guys remind me of my neibours sturborn baby. That cries consistently at will, rebuffing every attempt to calm him down. The mother finally drops him down to cry endlessly until he sleeps off. Una go soon sleep.

BLIND BATS .!!
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 2:12am On Jul 30, 2012
jmaine:

Agreed . . .Will remind you of this, when you folks place a poll trying to access the admin of GEJ . .Nice development
u r right but whichever way, the main people that should be the backbone of any poll, are living in penury and so lack access to facilities such as this. It obviously means that poverty is still @ its peak under fisherman GEJ. wink
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 2:14am On Jul 30, 2012
oiseworld:

oooohhhh so thats on going abi,
what else do you want ? He fights corruption,No achievement, remove subsidy; you'll protest, introduce cassava bread; una no chop. Soo what do you want yee restless and stiff necked children.

You guys remind me of my neibours sturborn baby. That cries consistently at will, rebuffing every attempt to calm him down. The mother finally drops him down to cry endlessly until he sleeps off. Una go soon sleep.

BLIND BATS .!!
my friend if u have nothing else 2 say, go and sleep.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Pataki: 2:15am On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike:

Those who ply these roads will laugh at you seriously. Onitsha -Owerri is just a maintence job abi? What is to be maintained in Benin -ORE -Sagamu Highway which your paymaster El Rufai's govt left in a dilapidated state?

DUNCE ALERT AGAIN!!!!

So in your doofus head, El Rufai was the Minister of Highway construction for Benin-Ore road? The same Minister that wept like Jonathan on the same Benin-Ore road the other day is still in government till tomorrow. Right in your RETARDEEN's inglorious administration.

Keep up with your lies, I hope one day it leads you to the freedom your pathetic soul needs.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 2:17am On Jul 30, 2012
Pataki:

DUNCE ALERT AGAIN!!!!

So in your doofus head, El Rufai was the Minister of Highway construction for Benin-Ore road? The same Minister that wept like Jonathan on the same Benin-Ore road the other day is still in government till tomorrow. Right in your RETARDEEN's inglorious administration.

Keep up with your lies, I hope one day it leads you to the freedom your pathetic soul needs.
wink
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by oiseworld: 2:23am On Jul 30, 2012
philip0906:

1. we will be sidelining the millions who don't have access to laptops not to talk of internet and who should form the backbone of whatever survey cos they are in the majority. . .
2.How do i trust that you and your boys won't duplicate usernames and spam the thread?

your generator never blarr, he go soon bomb join.
Let me ask, how long did it take to build the house from which you're posting all this rubbish? How long tell us? And you want the power situatio to be fixed withing howmany months. A situation that has always been since the existence of nigeria.
You've not seen s***t. despite the security situations which we all know is orchestrated by some individuals, this administration is still making progress. And will make masive progress.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by jmaine: 2:25am On Jul 30, 2012
philip0906:
It obviously means that poverty is still [size=18pt]@ its peak under fisherman [/size]GEJ. wink

The last time i checked, internet penetration in Nigeria has been increasing on a steady basis[b], with Nigerian occupying the position as the first in Africa and fifth largest users of Opera Mini browsers in the world . .[/b]

What were you saying about poverty and internet penetration under GEJ again . . .

Recent figures by Opera Software Company shows that Nigerians are first in Africa and fifth largest users of Opera Mini browsers in the world. With this latest ranking, Nigeria has surpassed more tech-savvy countries such as the United States and China.

According to StatCounter, internet browsing from mobile phones in Nigeria grew by over 25% between October 2010 and October 2011. In the same period, according to StatCounter, internet browsing from desktops decreased by more than 25%.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147937%3Anigeria-worlds-fifth-largest-user-of-opera-mini-mobile-browsers&catid=3%3Abusiness&Itemid=3&device=xhtml

You don't need laptops to post on nairaland . .Hope you are aware of that cheesy . . .
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Jul 30, 2012
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 2:27am On Jul 30, 2012
oiseworld:

your generator never blarr, he go soon bomb join.
Let me ask, how long did it take to build the house from which you're posting all this rubbish? How long tell us? And you want the power situatio to be fixed withing howmany months. A situation that has always been since the existence of nigeria.
You've not seen s***t. despite the security situations which we all know is orchestrated by some individuals, this administration is still making progress. And will make masive progress.
sowi no fex. . .grin grin grin
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Katsumoto: 2:27am On Jul 30, 2012
If GEJ has any meaningful achievements, then his stakeholders should/would feel the effects of such achievements.

For the life of me, I can't understand why some think that others would be convinced of achievements that are not visible to them.

The only visible achievements GEJ seems to have is that he has assembled a motley crue of Internet spin doctors.

2 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by philip0906(m): 2:28am On Jul 30, 2012
jmaine:

The last time i checked, internet penetration in Nigeria has been increasing on a steady basis, with Nigerian occupying the position as the first in Africa and fifth largest users of Opera Mini browsers in the world . .

What were you saying about poverty and internet penetration under GEJ again . . .

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147937%3Anigeria-worlds-fifth-largest-user-of-opera-mini-mobile-browsers&catid=3%3Abusiness&Itemid=3&device=xhtml

You don't need laptops to post on nairaland . .Hope you are aware of that cheesy . . .
Hurray. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by dedeike: 2:29am On Jul 30, 2012
chucky234: Its too bad you not born when Mr. West was a minister of Petroleum in Nigeria,no wonder you display so much stu:pity than anyone else on NL.
Trials of thieves you say,how long does it take to convict a man who scammed govt of N120m and have him lock up in prison? You must be sick to list trials of thieves as achievement when Bankole who single handedly scammed govt of N600m is still roaming the streets a freeman let alone group of people who shared N120m between themselves.
Well I'll be happy if you can well list Reginald's great achievement since resuming office, it may also interest you to know that FG were not ready to pass the PIB into law if not for the cloned copy that went into circulation which eventually forced them to pass the PIB into law relunctantly.
But is the passing of PIB into law an achievement as you foolishly claimed? I guess not because this govt has been effective with the passing of bills into law but alarmingly poor in implementing them and that makes your point rediculous and childish,google failed to lecture you on that.
Poor you...
Mr methuselah, it is shocking how you have found solace in a man without any visible imprint on our oil industry except monumental corruption.
So it is Tom West, the legendary corrupt Petroluem minister, that you asked me to ask about the ongoing reforms? grin grin so funny how birds of the same feather always flock together.

What has Tom West on offer? If he had done half of the reforms being done by Diezani, we wouldn't have been in this stage of development in the oil sector.
Isn't it shameful to both you and Tom West that it took a woman to come and give us the first comprehensive legislation on the Petroluem sector-PIB?

In the annals of our Petroluem industry, Diezani will be remembered as the first oil minister to hand Nigeria a legal and regulatory framework for the oil sector via the PIB.
She will be remembered as the first minister to institute a govt probe into the Petroluem sector.
She will be remembered as the first minister to further institute criminal proceedings against oil thieves in Nigeria.
These are hard facts that no amount of your spin can wish away
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by dedeike: 2:34am On Jul 30, 2012
Pataki:

DUNCE ALERT AGAIN!!!!

Fools will always show themselves and betray their sinister motives in the process.
I said clearly that your paymaster was part of that govt which abandoned that highway for 8 years before the present govt came to the rescue.
But a dunce is always a dunce. He just glances through, picks the name of his paymaster and rushes to advertise his foolishness on social media .
I pity your paymasters. Their funds are just wasting.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 30, 2012
GEJ has failed not just the entire nation but also himself. He has taken incompetence to highest level, corruption to an unenviable height. The President himself admitted to woeful performance by blaming his lackluster, corruption ridden administration on Boko Haram a la insecurity as if the same was not aggravated under his watch. The federal payroll has quadrupled under his watch which effectively reduces capital expenditures to nothing more than a mere purchase of "tooth pick".

The other day, his administration told the nation that a whooping 1.4 million jobs were created within 12months. They continue to run an expensive propaganda to feed these lies, deceit and outright conjectures to unsuspecting Nigerians. They have hired an attack dog, so more of this thread will spring up in immediate foreseeable future! It's that not what this thread is all about? To trumpet the achievements of GEJ? You said the foreign reserves rose to 37billion, can you tell us who depleted it? Can you tell us the debt profile (FG share) of this nation now? If you don't know, it's rising under the watch of clueless President. Why won't 120billion scam be exposed? Has Dame Patience not been collecting salary as a ghost worker for the past twelve years? Anybody can expose anything, we will applaud him if his wife return all the salary she had been paid without commensurate work. The proposed SWF is a mere change of appellation from what's used to be excess crude account. It's not a new initiative but essentially a fraudulent ornamentation to portray GEJ as an innovative leader which in any case he's far from.

The reforms you hype about in oil sector are non existent. What's oozing out is putrid odor of monumental corruption that's suffocating the entire nation. We have seen how executives of NNPC are being retired in one sweep in a glaring case of tenure violation and same executives being praised for job well done. We have seen how the subsidy figures provided by CBN, Okonjo Iweala, NNPC chairman differ as if no records are being kept. We have seen how subsidy funds jumped astronomically between 2010 and 2011. Every man of good conscience is aware that GEJ fraudulently used the funds to run his election campaigns and that explains why all efforts to catch these thieves have been impeded and under intense pressure ended up arraigning sons of past and incumbent chairman of PDP? What a natural coincidence. GEJ refroms in energy sector also brought the OPL 245 Malabu scam where the president reportedly got his share. He does not give a damn you know! The petroleum industry bill is not an idea of Diezani. It was already presented to the NASS but GEJ chickened out when Shell and US mounted opposition against the Bill as Yar'Adua previously wanted the bill to sail through. What you have now is a watered down version that is essentially a retention of the status quo ante. On refinery, tell that to the marines! Vulcan "is to, wants to, proposes to etc" falls within the deceitful propaganda of this administration. Not to talk of the credibility of Aganga and Vulcan (I dey laugh). Come back and trumpet that as achievement when construction is in progress.

On roads, we can only hope that will not be abandoned. Some of the roads have been awarded in the past but fall within the 6000 projects that the PDP led government have abandoned with impunity, without accountability and they continue like the present inept leadership to run the country down. No contractor was questioned, no policy enunciated to prevent re-occurrence and some of these companies that have sordid history of abandoned projects are being engaged to work in other areas a la Vulcan. Not to even talk that the list is a mere pint of water for a thirsty man. It merely scratches the problem at the surface.

On transportation, what's massive in expansion of the domestic wing of Abuja Airport? What's the updates on the so called upgrade of Enugu airport? As at 2010, I could not use same airport. I had to use the one at Owerri so what has/have he/they been doing for such a long time to bring to fruition their efforts? Meanwhile Delta just built a modest airport in Asaba without "is to, plan to, wants to" mantra that has become the watch word of this administration. Lest I forget, where is the 1600 buses promised by GEJ to cushion in the effect of the suffering masses? Yeah I know, he does not give a damn!

On education, while the Almajiris initiave is commendable, the rest amounts to pure junk. What's the fate of the federal universities that are acutely underfunded? Why establish universities that will not have adequate funding? Who are the lecturers that will teach in these universities? A more serious, innovative and cerebral president with a genuine PhD would have thought otherwise and instead focused on establishing Research and Infrastructure Upgrade Funds for existing universities. It seems the administration is suffering from poverty of the mind.

On agriculture, where is the policy? The administration wants to use the prevalent subsistence farming in the country to drive agricultural development? What a huge joke! Where are these "massive construction of silos" located? How is it being run? How do we get the products to the silos? Is the government creating a mechanism to act as interface between the farmers and the market? Cassava Bread Campaign is not a comprehensive policy as you have posited. Even at that, what's the correlation between cassava and silos? Do you keep Cassava in a silo? While setting up a loan scheme on the surface looks attractive and commendable, the question remains, how accessible are these loans? Banks do give loans but are not quite accessible to poor farmers. How's this loan different from conventional one? How many farmers have been able to access it? Or is it another NAPEP to feed PDP thugs?

On power, there is a genuine effort to improve the system. That's visible. The sector is such that if a plant is not completed, the effect can not be felt. There is nothing like 75% or etc completion. That's a unique challenge of power generation. Reviving NIPP, an initiative of OBJ, seems a right step in the right direction and a competent man in person of Prof Barth is at helm of affairs. I sincerely hope GEJ's culture of "I don't give a damn" and corruption will not be visited on the sector as well.

Overall, GEJ has failed the nation. (If we add insecurity, corruption, etc , you can only imagine the verdict).

5 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by dayokanu(m): 4:44am On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike:
Mr DAYOKANOU,
I said clearly that Ibadan -Ilorin road is under Dualisation by this administration. Is it rocket science to understand?

Ibadan-Ilorin dualisation started during the regime of OBJ in 2000. So how did GEJ get involved with the dualisation of 12 years ago.

2 Likes

Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Nobody: 4:44am On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike:

In the annals of our Petroluem industry, Diezani will be remembered as the first oil minister to hand Nigeria a legal and regulatory framework for the oil sector via the PIB.
She will be remembered as the first minister to institute a govt probe into the Petroluem sector.
She will be remembered as the first minister to further institute criminal proceedings against oil thieves in Nigeria.

She will also be remembered as the first Minister that coulda written her name in Gold were she smart enough to commit Harakiri on National TV and rid us all of her unsightly bug eyes and unbelievably corrupt nature, but instead walked away with Billions of Dollars from the State's Treasury.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Jul 30, 2012
Projects
Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin Road (Route A2) Section 1: Ibadan – Oyo Road

Client: Federal Ministry of Works and Housing
Value: 140.70 Million USD
Duration: 52 months
Details: This project entails the reconstruction of a four-lane asphalt paved road from Ibadan to Ilorin including drainages, box culvert s, under and overpasses.

http://pw.ipagtest.com/Projects.aspx?PID=84

Projects
Ibadan Illorin Expressway Section I

Client: Federal Ministry of Works and Housing
Value: 125.00 Million USD
Duration: March 2001 to Date
Details: Construction of a 45 km four lane divided highway with 9200m under drains and 4,000m culverts. Construction of 4 major grade separated interchanges. Construction of 2 pedestrian and 11 vehicular underpasses. Construction of 13 River Bridges and 5 Overhead Bridges. Construction of toll plaza and reinforced concrete median barriers, concrete box and ring culverts and concrete lined drains.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by OldWizard1: 4:56am On Jul 30, 2012
@Bayooooooo.

You have a good post but only disagree on power. There is nothing to write home about about power in this country. Today Dumbo Jumbo wants to privatise, tomorrow Dumbo Jumbo wants to build power plants. They are confused. They are still owning PHCN workers meanwhile they continue to embezzle good money on daily basis.
If a government can not even provide security for the citizenry, such government lacks legitimacy to govern.

People should vote wisely in 2015. Meanwhile efforts are in top gear to see if Dumbo Jumbo can be impeached or peacefully eased out of power. His administration is corrupt, incompetent, profligate etc.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by slyfox1974(m): 5:05am On Jul 30, 2012
bayooooooo: GEJ has failed not just the entire nation but also himself. He has taken incompetence to highest level, corruption to an unenviable height. The President himself admitted to woeful performance by blaming his lackluster, corruption ridden administration on Boko Haram a la insecurity as if the same was not aggravated under his watch. The federal payroll has quadrupled under his watch which effectively reduces capital expenditures to nothing more than a mere purchase of "tooth pick".

The other day, his administration told the nation that a whooping 1.4 million jobs were created within 12months. They continue to run an expensive propaganda to feed these lies, deceit and outright conjectures to unsuspecting Nigerians. They have hired an attack dog, so more of this thread will spring up in immediate foreseeable future! It's that not what this thread is all about? To trumpet the achievements of GEJ? You said the foreign reserves rose to 37billion, can you tell us who depleted it? Can you tell us the debt profile (FG share) of this nation now? If you don't know, it's rising under the watch of clueless President. Why won't 120billion scam be exposed? Has Dame Patience not been collecting salary as a ghost worker for the past twelve years? Anybody can expose anything, we will applaud him if his wife return all the salary she had been paid without commensurate work. The proposed SWF is a mere change of appellation from what's used to be excess crude account. It's not a new initiative but essentially a fraudulent ornamentation to portray GEJ as an innovative leader which in any case he's far from.

The reforms you hype about in oil sector are non existent. What's oozing out is putrid odor of monumental corruption that's suffocating the entire nation. We have seen how executives of NNPC are being retired in one sweep in a glaring case of tenure violation and same executives being praised for job well done. We have seen how the subsidy figures provided by CBN, Okonjo Iweala, NNPC chairman differ as if no records are being kept. We have seen how subsidy funds jumped astronomically between 2010 and 2011. Every man of good conscience is aware that GEJ fraudulently used the funds to run his election campaigns and that explains why all efforts to catch these thieves have been impeded and under intense pressure ended up arraigning sons of past and incumbent chairman of PDP? What a natural coincidence. GEJ refroms in energy sector also brought the OPL 245 Malabu scam where the president reportedly got his share. He does not give a damn you know! The petroleum industry bill is not an idea of Diezani. It was already presented to the NASS but GEJ chickened out when Shell and US mounted opposition against the Bill as Yar'Adua previously wanted the bill to sail through. What you have now is a watered down version that is essentially a retention of the status quo ante. On refinery, tell that to the marines! Vulcan "is to, wants to, proposes to etc" falls within the deceitful propaganda of this administration. Not to talk of the credibility of Aganga and Vulcan (I dey laugh). Come back and trumpet that as achievement when construction is in progress.

On roads, we can only hope that will not be abandoned. Some of the roads have been awarded in the past but fall within the 6000 projects that the PDP led government have abandoned with impunity, without accountability and they continue like the present inept leadership to run the country down. No contractor was questioned, no policy enunciated to prevent re-occurrence and some of these companies that have sordid history of abandoned projects are being engaged to work in other areas a la Vulcan. Not to even talk that the list is a mere pint of water for a thirsty man. It merely scratches the problem at the surface.

On transportation, what's massive in expansion of the domestic wing of Abuja Airport? What's the updates on the so called upgrade of Enugu airport? As at 2010, I could not use same airport. I had to use the one at Owerri so what has/have he/they been doing for such a long time to bring to fruition their efforts? Meanwhile Delta just built a modest airport in Asaba without "is to, plan to, wants to" mantra that has become the watch word of this administration. Lest I forget, where is the 1600 buses promised by GEJ to cushion in the effect of the suffering masses? Yeah I know, he does not give a damn!

On education, while the Almajiris initiave is commendable, the rest amounts to pure junk. What's the fate of the federal universities that are acutely underfunded? Why establish universities that will not have adequate funding? Who are the lecturers that will teach in these universities? A more serious, innovative and cerebral president with a genuine PhD would have thought otherwise and instead focused on establishing Research and Infrastructure Upgrade Funds for existing universities. It seems the administration is suffering from poverty of the mind.

On agriculture, where is the policy? The administration wants to use the prevalent subsistence farming in the country to drive agricultural development? What a huge joke! Where are these "massive construction of silos" located? How is it being run? How do we get the products to the silos? Is the government creating a mechanism to act as interface between the farmers and the market? Cassava Bread Campaign is not a comprehensive policy as you have posited. Even at that, what's the correlation between cassava and silos? Do you keep Cassava in a silo? While setting up a loan scheme on the surface looks attractive and commendable, the question remains, how accessible are these loans? Banks do give loans but are not quite accessible to poor farmers. How's this loan different from conventional one? How many farmers have been able to access it? Or is it another NAPEP to feed PDP thugs?

On power, there is a genuine effort to improve the system. That's visible. The sector is such that if a plant is not completed, the effect can not be felt. There is nothing like 75% or etc completion. That's a unique challenge of power generation. Reviving NIPP, an initiative of OBJ, seems a right step in the right direction and a competent man in person of Prof Barth is at helm of affairs. I sincerely hope GEJ's culture of "I don't give a damn" and corruption will not be visited on the sector as well.

Overall, GEJ has failed the nation. (If we add insecurity, corruption, etc , you can only imagine the verdict).

NO NWA MIRI CAN MAKE A GOOD ADMINISTRATOR, GBAM
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Blueboy0402: 5:21am On Jul 30, 2012
I decided to sit on the fence and watch as the debate over GEJ rages on this forum. But I just cant keep silent anymore.

@ Dedeike I know you are trying hard to support your principal and I quite understand that because he who pays the piper detects its tune. I dare say that if I get just a fraction of what GEJ gives you, I will invoke the anger of our ancestors on all his opponent. I envy you because Labaran Maku and Reuben Abati are todlers and would recomend they come to you for tutorials.

However one thig I know about politicians is that they dont tell the truth. A politician who was one time commissioner of finance Imo state said "if you want to succeed as a politician then dont say the truth". So please continue with your "good work" ok!
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Nobody: 5:22am On Jul 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

The only visible achievements GEJ seems to have is that he has assembled a motley crue of Internet spin doctors dunces.

fixed
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 30, 2012
The only achvment i see was getting kabiru sokoto after dos boko boyz on police uniform set him free.Although i stil dnt knw wat dey did with them up til nw.
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by olatwo(m): 5:35am On Jul 30, 2012
edogram.:
Yes i head it from NL that when a very hot tea drop on cassava bread it becomes eba.

Good thinking good product grin grin
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by dayokanu(m): 5:37am On Jul 30, 2012
These are articles about Ibadan-Ilorin road dating back to 2002-2009

THE agony of Nigerian travellers from the South to the northern parts of the country may soon be over as the Federal Government has released the sum of N4 billion to contractors for the completion of the Ibadan-Ilorin dualisation project started by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 1999.

The Chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Senator Iyiola Omisore, who disclosed this in Ogbomoso, said the two contractors who handled the Ibadan-Oyo and Ogbomoso-Ilorin end have been briefed to complete the remaining Oyo-Ogbomoso end.

Omisore, at the convocation lecture of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), said the contractors have been given six months to complete the project.
http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=2035&z=
Re: A GEJ Supporter Lists Gej's Achievements, Let's Talk About Them by dayokanu(m): 5:38am On Jul 30, 2012
An article from 2002 about the dualisation of the Ibadan Ilorin road dated 2002.

Ibadan — Landlords and farmers whose property were affected by the on-going dualisation of Ibadan-Ilorin road have petitioned President Olusegun Obasanjo over non-payment of compensations, threatening to disrupt the project if nothing is done now.

The landlords and farmers who were in Oyo State governor's office, Friday to present a letter for on-ward delivery to President Obasanjo vowed to disrupt the project if federal government failed to yield to their request.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200212060043.html

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

EFCC To Invite Feyisetan Fayose, Wife Of Fayose / Shehu Sani, Suleiman Hunkuyi & Journalist Attacked During Press Briefing (Pics) / Guber Polls: Thugs, Election Riggers Flood Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.