Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385737 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Please guys, i think its ok for us to be updating or sharing with the house how we eventually sort out issues with our Lions, so that others can learn from there. Thats how we learn how to deal with issues as they come up, from others experiences and how they resolve them.

For example, check this out:

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2021-v6-problems/page-4

The guy came back to the house to update everyone that the issue has been fixed and what the culprit was. Now, any house member that owns such Lion model will know where to start the troubleshooting, incase he/she has similar issue in future.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:42am On Feb 28, 2013
French Politicians want to Diesel Cars from Big Cities: Peugeot Take Note!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/french-politicians-aim-to-ban-diesels-from-big-cities.html

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:03am On Feb 28, 2013
For 406 V6 and other Peugeots: symptoms of blocked Catalytic converter, failed coil packs and failed Oxygen sensor.

http://www.liontamer.net/forums/index.php/topic,90.0.html

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 8:32am On Feb 28, 2013
Ikenna351: French Politicians want to Diesel Cars from Big Cities: Peugeot Take Note!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/french-politicians-aim-to-ban-diesels-from-big-cities.html

Ikenna.

Deisel hybrid cars? Wow! Imagine how low dre mpg will be. whre are my nigerian bros who dont want to fuel dre cars?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkadir:

Deisel hybrid cars? Wow! Imagine how low dre mpg will be. whre are my nigerian bros who dont want to fuel dre cars?

The new 508 diesel e-Hybrid4 average 62 - 74mpg, in the city and highway.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2013
Ikenna351:

The new 508 diesel e-Hybrid4 average 62 - 74mpg, in the city and highway.

Ikenna.
yeah! But i see its targeted @ the european market whre car owners are tending towards diesel cars because diesel fuel is cheaper.
and if i will bring in my naija mentality, dey hav d expertise to maintain diesel engines.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:17am On Feb 28, 2013
abdulkadir:
yeah! But i see its targeted @ the european market whre car owners are tending towards diesel cars because diesel fuel is cheaper.
and if i will bring in my naija mentality, dey hav d expertise to maintain diesel engines.

You are absolutely right.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ymb1(m): 2:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dear All,

Guess this tips will be useful. I have experienced the effect of not adhering to one of the tips ie connecting a battery with the key inserted, though not damage BSI but a lot of error codes being display on my 407 until I carefully disconnect and connect the battery again following the tips below:

http://www.liontamer.net/forums/index.php/topic,12.0.html

please after clicking on the link add ",12.html" to go the correct page.

Regards.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
After discussing with some house members on the phone over BSI/Immobilizers issues with their Lions, I realised that some us still dont know the procedures for disconnecting battery terminal heads. When these procedures are not adhered to, it can result to non-start, corruption of software (BSI) and loss of pre-programmed settings or memories of the BSI unit. Some of us have experienced non opening of boot (206) or doors, which are controlled by the BSI unit. These caused these issues overtime. It may not be immediate, but may happen when you least expect.

Any Peugeot car produced from 1999 till date (though, am not sure of 408 & 508) is BSI controlled.

PROCEDURE FOR BSI CAR BATTERY DISCONNECTION (THE 3 MINUTE RULE)

* Whenever a Battery has to be disconnected:

1. Open the bonnet and leave it open.
2. Switch off all electric gadgets: interior and exterior lights, radio, etc.
3. Lower the driver's window down and leave the window open.
4. Climb out of the car and Close all the doors and the boot, leaving the bonnet open.
5. From outside, switch off the ignition (if on) and remove the key.
6. Wait for a full 3-minutes (I would wait for 5 mins) and then you can disconnect the battery Terminal(s).

The 3 minutes allows the BSI unit to go to sleep (Power save mode). Once you operate any gadjet, open the door, operate the key fob/remote etc, within the 3 minutes waiting, the BSI will wake and go into full operating mode instantly. And removing the battery heads when BSI has not shut down can cause the issues listed above.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
PROCEDURE FOR BATTERY RECONNECTION.

1. Leave the bonnet open.
2. Make sure all doors and the Boot are closed.
3. Remove the ignition key, if left in the ignition.
4. Reconnect the Battery.
5. Wait for 10 seconds.
6. Switch on the Headlights through the open driver's window. You will hear a 'Bong'.
7. Still through the driver's window, insert the key in the ignition and start the car.
8. Then you can now open any of the doors.

* Note that if any interior light or gadjet is switched on before reconnecting the battery, it could cause a spike and corrupt the configuration and software of the BSI. Your car may never start again if that happens. If you are lucky, some of your gadjets, doors or boot may not function or open again.

I know i have posted the link to BSI manual in this thread. I will try and fetch it and post it here again.

The BSI is what secures your Lion; the BSI system is what makes you to always meet your car wherever you pack it.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
help! My car is displaying catalytic converter fault, antipollution faults at interval while d car is moving. The injector logo is also blinking on d dashboard at d same time. My lion passed thru a large volume of water 2days ago and this started afterwards. What can I do,pls
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by amarige(m): 9:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Where do I get a good mechanic that can fix my 307 in Lagos?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 9:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
amarige: Where do I get a good mechanic that can fix my 307 in Lagos?

What's wrong with it?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by amarige(m): 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
bigx:

What's wrong with it?

When I start the vehicle,it shows Braking fault,Anti pollutant fault,ABS fault and Airbag fault. On the dash board, the sign STOP is always showing when am driving. Also,the passengers windows aren't working except its operated from the central lock. If the AC is on, it drags the engine.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
samoy: help! My car is displaying catalytic converter fault, antipollution faults at interval while d car is moving. The injector logo is also blinking on d dashboard at d same time. My lion passed thru a large volume of water 2days ago and this started afterwards. What can I do,pls

Injector logo? You mean engine diagnostic warning light?

The water must have contaminated oxygen sensor, including the catalytic converter, hence, the anti-pollution fault warning light. Your lion must be running very thirsty now.

I would start with oxygen sensor. But, it will save you the stress of manual troubleshooting if you could run a scan and pull codes, to narrow the diagnosis down for you.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2013
Thanks, Ikenna for your response. I've changed d plugs and all dis signals hav stopped but d lion still jerks when d gear is changed. So,I'm suspecting one of d coils is bad or wat do u think?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pure2012soul(m): 10:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
Hi guys. I really need advice regarding Peugeot 607 2002 model & 307 Estate 2003 model. I currently drive a 406 but intend to go for another Peugeot car soon. I have these two in mind. Can anyone guide me as to issues such as cost of purchase, reliability, cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency etc
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
samoy: Thanks, Ikenna for your response. I've changed d plugs and all dis signals hav stopped but d lion still jerks when d gear is changed. So,I'm suspecting one of d coils is bad or wat do u think?

Am not sure I have answer for you on this issue, since some things didn't add up. I wonder what driving in flood got to do with your spark plugs. If the water could reach your spark plug, then the throttle body must have sucked in water via airfilter box. You said the whole problem started when you drove in a pool of water. I would start my troubleshooting with EFI components that the water would touch, depending on the level of the water on the car when drove through it.

Well, it could still be the spark plug or coil packs. I really cant suggest what am not sure of.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2013
pure2012soul: Hi guys. I really need advice regarding Peugeot 607 2002 model & 307 Estate 2003 model. I currently drive a 406 but intend to go for another Peugeot car soon. I have these two in mind. Can anyone guide me as to issues such as cost of purchase, reliability, cost of maintenance, fuel efficiency etc

406 to 307? I don't know about you, but I consider this a downgrade. If you really want to upgrade, then you should consider 407 estate, since you after estate.

But if you after economy: fuel consumption, then the petrol I4 307 will consume less than the 407, considering the weight, even if they both have the same engine.

As for the 607, you should be ready to up your maintenance budget, since its not in the same league with 406, 307 or 407. 607 is a luxurious Lion. Maintenance cost will be higher, but the driving experience or pleasure will beat the other 3. If you interested in 607, go for the phase II 607: 2004 models - 2010. They had improved electrical system: CAN-Bus.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
samoy: Thanks, Ikenna for your response. I've changed d plugs and all dis signals hav stopped but d lion still jerks when d gear is changed. So,I'm suspecting one of d coils is bad or wat do u think?

i Will assume i didn't see your earlier post and Ikenna's response so my response will be based on d assumption that this issue is unrelated with the previous ones cos alot does not add up as ikenna rightly said.
so i would be looking at a failing fuel pump. Its common with D8 & D9.
does your car feel heavy when you try to increase acceleration when you change gears?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by yinkarose: 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
MY 307 HAS GONE INTO LIMP MODE WORKS ONLY IN GEAR 3 WHAT CAN I DO
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
yinka rose: MY 307 HAS GONE INTO LIMP MODE WORKS ONLY IN GEAR 3 WHAT CAN I DO

take some time and read the thread from the fisrt page you would definately find some useful & helpful posts.
good luck.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
abdulkadir:

i Will assume i didn't see your earlier post and Ikenna's response so my response will be based on d assumption that this issue is unrelated with the previous ones cos alot does not add up as ikenna rightly said.
so i would be looking at a failing fuel pump. Its common with D8 & D9.
does your car feel heavy when you try to increase acceleration when you change gears?

@ abdulkadir,

From the first post, one could suspect the Oxygen sensor, since the problem started after he drove through flood. That must have damaged the 02, hence, the catalytic and anti-pollution fault warning. But like you have pointed out, the fuel pump shouldn't be ruled out. But what if the supply or return fuel line is clogged or damaged when he was in the flood and it then started reducing the fuel pressure? I think he really need to check the fuel pressure of that car.

@Samoy,

Do you mean to say the car Hesitates or Jerks? Does the car hesitate when accelerating from a standstill? Does the car emit black smoke from the exhaust when accelerated hard or under heavy acceleration? Do you know how to test the o2 sensor with Digital Multimeter?

Unplug the o2 sensor, start the car and drive and see if there is any change. I wouldn't worry about the catalytic converter now until you are sure the o2 sensor is not the culprit.

Before you check the fuel pump, first go under the car (if that's where the 2 fuel lines pass to the rear: fuel tank) and check the condition of the 2 fuel lines.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2013
@ Ikenna
I agree with u. i didnt want to respond based on his initial post cos if d problem started when he drove thru a "pool of water" and changin of plug solved d issue den the water level may ne most have been as high as the window level to affect the plugs.
If by changing d plugs d issue was solved i want to bliv drivin thru the water was just a coincidence in relation to d issues he raised. If he can answer ur questions which are more direct than mine, we could narrow down d possibilities further.
lets see what he comes back with.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
I bought my peugeot 406 January this year, last month I decided to change Engine Oil though the engine oil still look very clean but I noticed something, there was a display like SPANNER on the dash board very close to Odometer. As soon as I changed the Oil the spanner disappeared. I also obeserved a number counting down from 20,000miles when I switch on the ignition just before I start the car. The countdown is at 19,200 miles as I write.
My question is what is the meaning of the number? please House educate me.
Thank you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
we we: I bought my peugeot 406 January this year, last month I decided to change Engine Oil though the engine oil still look very clean but I noticed something, there was a display like SPANNER on the dash board very close to Odometer. As soon as I changed the Oil the spanner disappeared. I also obeserved a number counting down from 20,000miles when I switch on the ignition just before I start the car. The 19,200 miles as I write.
My question is what is the meaning of the number? please House educate me.
Thank you

Thats a countdown for when your engine will blow up as soon as it gets to 00,000. Just kidding!

Peugeot calls it "Service indicator". I think its a countdown for the next engine service. According to owners manual of all phase II 406 petrol engines (including the V6), service should be done every 20,000 miles/30,000km or every 2 years.

Check your owners manual, its there.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Okay noted.

As per Owner Manual, I don't have. I have tried to download it several times all to no avail.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:12am On Mar 17, 2013
Three days ago, 14/03/2013, I got my Baby's long awaited New number plates, requested since January this year, 2013. Guess the number on it? 505!

I guess I may be the only person in Nigeria that drives a 505 with number plate "505". tongue

So, if you stay in Abuja and an aggressive looking 505 overtakes you on any Abuja Expressway with "505" on the Number plate, you now know who that would be. cool

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 7:55am On Mar 17, 2013
abdulkadir: @ Ikenna
I agree with u. i didnt want to respond based on his initial post cos if d problem started when he drove thru a "pool of water" and changin of plug solved d issue den the water level may ne most have been as high as the window level to affect the plugs.
If by changing d plugs d issue was solved i want to bliv drivin thru the water was just a coincidence in relation to d issues he raised. If he can answer ur questions which are more direct than mine, we could narrow down d possibilities further.
lets see what he comes back with.
Ikenna and abdulkadir, thanks for ur comment. I actually changed d spark plugs cos they were wet and moreover,I quickly suspected d plugs cos it is not d first time such would happen. After changing d plugs,d lion was still jerking wen d gear is changed so I checked d engine coils only to see that one of d coils is burnt.This costed me 10k to buy another one. After changing d coils, d whole problems was solved.I'm still thinking of checking d O2 sensor. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.