Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (386707 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 8:05pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hello ikenna351,

Please can u help me check this 307 out? Here is the VIN number

vf33cnful84412875.

Thanks in advance
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Juliusgoje(m): 11:14am On Nov 09, 2014
Ikenna351:
WhatsApp Lion's Community: Update.

WhatsApp limited maximum of 50 participants per a group. And the community have 50 members now.

Unfortunately, quite a number of Lion owners, interested to join, are really missing out, because WhatsApp wouldn't allow more than 50 participants and the community has been very lively.

Now, a friend, a Lion owner too, suggested I open another group in WhatsApp, Lion's Community 2. With the number of messages and calls i have received from Lion owners who wants to join, but haven't join yet, i believe the community 2 will soon fill up, and there will become a need for Lions community 3.

I will do my best to share information between the 2 houses, so that none will mis vital topic or discussions discussed in the other.

Ikenna
Pls add me up 08038142698
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by AsSabirin(m): 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hi guys.
So here's the story, the timing belt of my car recently cut while I was driving and that cost me some buk, my mechanic said all the valves were broken and I had to change the top of the engine. Which he charged me 40k.
Two days later the engine knock, engine oil was alright, everything one could think of fine. He gave me this rooster n bull story about the radiator leak, if that was the case surely I would have seen it on the temperature guage.

Anyways now I have to buy a new engine and he says it cost 100k. Please nairalanders is this the cost and how do I know a good engine.

The car is a Peugeot 307. Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:35am On Nov 10, 2014
AsSabirin:
Hi guys.
So here's the story, the timing belt of my car recently cut while I was driving and that cost me some buk, my mechanic said all the valves were broken and I had to change the top of the engine. Which he charged me 40k.
Two days later the engine knock, engine oil was alright, everything one could think of fine. He gave me this rooster n bull story about the radiator leak, if that was the case surely I would have seen it on the temperature guage.

Anyways now I have to buy a new engine and he says it cost 100k. Please nairalanders is this the cost and how do I know a good engine.

What engine is it? If you don't know, send the VIN to confirm the engine for you.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Popoolaoladayo(m): 8:07am On Nov 10, 2014
HELLO PLS MY 406 2003 WTH E8 ENGINE HAS BCI ISSUE.THE COMPONENT GOT BURNT.IT IS NIGERIA ASSEMBLED.PLS CAN ANOTHER BCI BE CONFIGURED TO SAME BRAINBOX WTHOUT MALFUNCTIONS OR I JST HV TO BUY NEW BRAINBOX AND BCI......?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:27am On Nov 10, 2014
Popoolaoladayo:
HELLO PLS MY 406 2003 WTH E8 ENGINE HAS BCI ISSUE.THE COMPONENT GOT BURNT.IT IS NIGERIA ASSEMBLED.PLS CAN ANOTHER BCI BE CONFIGURED TO SAME BRAINBOX WTHOUT MALFUNCTIONS OR I JST HV TO BUY NEW BRAINBOX AND BCI......?

Yes, a new BSI unit can be programmed to work with your Engine ECU.

Brand new BSI unit for 406 cost about 80k.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:21am On Nov 10, 2014
king406:
Hello ikenna351,

vf33cnful84412875.

Thanks in advance

307 Phase II, 5-Door Saloon, TU5 JP4 engine, 1.6 L, 110 hp, 5-speed manual, Ash Grey body colour, LHD, etc.

If you want the full details, text or mail me your email address to forward it.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2014
Juliusgoje:

Pls add me up

Done.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by masterfx: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ikenna351:
Peugeot VIN Lookup

http://www.bba-reman.com/forums/Topic122354.aspx

http://www.autocalculator.org/VIN/Peugeot-VIN-Decoder.aspx

*Note that Peugeot VIN doesnt contain the model year.

Ikenna.

Here's the Peugeot VIN decoder which shows extended info with the list of installed options. Hope it helps.

regards,
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by masterfx: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
king406:
Hello ikenna351,

vf33cnful84412875.

Thanks in advance

Here's the info on your car.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 6:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
masterfx:

Here's the info on your car.
thank you very much I appreciate
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ikenna351:

307 Phase II, 5-Door Saloon, TU5 JP4 engine, 1.6 L, 110 hp, 5-speed manual, Ash Grey body colour, LHD, etc.

If you want the full details, text or mail me your email address to forward it.

Ikenna
thank you sir
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by AsSabirin(m): 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ikenna351:

What engine is it? If you don't know, send the VIN to confirm the engine for you.

Ikenna
Vf33cnfuf84917493
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abrahamolusoji: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ikenna351:

Done.

Ikenna
Pls add me.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
abrahamolusoji:

Pls add me.

I am not seeing any phone number? Or did you mail it to me?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by AsSabirin(m): 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

I am not seeing any phone number? Or did you mail it to me?

Ikenna
Hi, you still haven't replied me.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
AsSabirin:

Hi, you still haven't replied me.

Sorry. Will get to it now.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
AsSabirin:
Hi guys.

Your engine is TU5 JP4, metted to AL4 auto transmission, 2007 model.

Anyway, the engine cost about 100k. So, your mechanic was right about the price.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by XketchDesigns(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys. Need to check a 206 for me. Will put up the VIN when I gt it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by AsSabirin(m): 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

Anyway, the engine cost about 100k. So, your mechanic was right about the price.

Ikenna
How do I know a good engine?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by AsSabirin(m): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ikenna
AsSabirin:

How do I know a good engine?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Absoj(m): 8:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ikenna351:

Sorry. Will get to it now.

Ikenna
Pls add me. 08022147720
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
Absoj:

Pls add me.

Hope you got the number right? Because its not coming up on WhatsApp.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by enjay1(m): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2014
Ikenna351:

Ikenna
sir ikenna, are u advising him on a new engine?.....cos my timing belt also cut lastweek(the fault was entirely mine cos d previous owner advised i change it after evry 60k km bt i totally forgot dat)....my mechanic says we hav to work on d bent valves wich i intend doin bt 4rm reviews am seein online, a new engine wuld b better to avoid further issues......wat do u think boss?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by enjay1(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2014
culd u also help mi out wit dis vin sir.....
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
enjay1:

sir ikenna, are u advising him on a new engine?.....cos my timing belt also cut lastweek(the fault was entirely mine cos d previous owner advised i change it after evry 60k km bt i totally forgot dat)....my mechanic says we hav to work on d bent valves wich i intend doin bt 4rm reviews am seein online, a new engine wuld b better to avoid further issues......wat do u think boss?

You can replace the valves or replace the cylinder head. It depends on your pocket.

You really need to get the Peugeot maintenace DVD i produced. It will help you a lot to prevent further similar breakdown in your Lion. Find the DVD details below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1942595/dvd-how-prevent-breakdown-expensive

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by dralapomeji: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hi house. I'm a new member of the house as I just acquired a 406 prestige over the weekend. Ikenna did well in convincing me. God bless u. But I need a pdf file of the manual. Any ideas as to where I can get it?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by derickivben: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
Please who knows the price for a 407 Catalytic Converter, Fuel pump, compressor and condenser ...please email me on derick4ben@yahoo.com
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
dralapomeji:
Hi house. I'm a new member of the house as I just acquired a 406 prestige over the weekend. Ikenna did well in convincing me. God bless u. But I need a pdf file of the manual. Any ideas as to where I can get it?

Congrats! Welcome to the family. Just make sure you sharpen your claws everything, so that the world sees the mark each time take her out
there.

Have you gotten your Peugeot starter pack? Its an important tool for new Lion owners, to help them understand the do's and donts of Lions, if you really want her to remain faithful to you, while you enjoy her.

Find the details of the tool/DVD below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1942595/dvd-how-prevent-breakdown-expensive

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by auhanson(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
Ikenna351:
Good morning house,
For most BVM5 boxes in modern Peugeots, TOTAL 75W-80 is recommended. But then, Peugeot said the oil in the box already is to be used for life, no need of changing it. But even if you are not comfortable with that claim or you observed a leakage and need to top up or change the fluid, then use TOTAL 75W-80. Its fully synthetic. But what we have in Nigeria are not fully synthetic: TOTAL 85W-90 & TOTAL 85W-140. The closest to the recommended fluid is the 85W-90. Of course, it won't harm the box if used, but the gear stick shifting will become hard and uncomfortable. You will need to apply pressure for the lever to go in a gear, unlike before you could shift with a finger or two...

Ikenna

Yes of course TOTAL 75w-80 is not only good for peugeot cars but also for Benz and BMW manaul shifting gearbox as well, it makes the shifting a lot easy and smoother than all the stuffs sold out there where people complain that these cars shifting are hard and uneasy. i thought i was the only one with this info...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 12:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ikenna. Goodmorning, my Peugeot 307 was displaying the warning coolant circuit level too low. When i checked the coolant level it was fine. What do you think could be the problem. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
auhanson:

Yes of course TOTAL 75w-80 is not only good for peugeot cars but also for Benz and BMW manaul shifting gearbox as well, it makes the shifting a lot easy and smoother than all the stuffs sold out there where people complain that these cars shifting are hard and uneasy. i thought i was the only one with this info...

Yes, the oil is that good.

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.