Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385039 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2018
blantyre:
Hello Lion owners. I recently upgrade from Peugeot 206 to 307 but ever since I have been battling with intermittent jerking esp if driving abit fast. Coil pack and fuel pump have all been changed but the problem persist. Pls house where else should I and my mechanic check?
You will keep changing part till your guess work hit jackpot then you must have abused the poor car. Peugeot 307 is equipped with obd II port....you can continue with your guess work till you hit jackpot or make use of the port to know what is wrong with the car.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by OkoroPeugeot(m): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
blantyre:
Hello Lion owners. I recently upgrade from Peugeot 206 to 307 but ever since I have been battling with intermittent jerking esp if driving abit fast. Coil pack and fuel pump have all been changed but the problem persist. Pls house where else should I and my mechanic check?

Scan First with pp2000

It would help pinpoint the issue
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Tyche(m): 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
blantyre:

Endeavor to scan the car with any scan tool, instead of throwing miney/ cum parts at it
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by 052bypj(m): 12:30am On Dec 24, 2018
OkoroPeugeot:
Was this fixed?

No it hasn't

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pounds12345: 6:40am On Jan 03, 2019
Please house i need an estimate for the price of compressor for Peugeot 206. Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by OkoroPeugeot(m): 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2019
pounds12345:
Please house i need an estimate for the price of compressor for Peugeot 206. Thanks.

New or used
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pounds12345: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2019
Both new & used please.

OkoroPeugeot:

New or used
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Hundredfold4lif(m): 8:18pm On Jan 16, 2019
pounds12345:
Both new & used please.

I just posted on your page dealing on 206, 307 and 406. My case deals with Peugeot Expert Teepee 2008 edition. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Bangis406: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ikenna351:
DOING THE RIGHT THING.

So I got a call to come and identify an engine wiring harness on an ES9J4S (V6) tokunbo Engine bought for a D9 V6 Auto which the mechanic was about to mount, but wasn't sure if the harness was for a D9 V6 CAN-bus. Got there and saw two different new oil containers (different oil grades) besides the Engine (Total Quartz 7000 & 5000). Asked the 2 mechanics doing the work and they told me the two different Engine oils were bought for the newly bought Engine, including the fake-fake Engine oil filter sold about N500. I warned and explained the implications mixing those two oils in that Engine, including that oil filter. They both started mumbling with each other. One was asking the other if he could return the Quartz 5000 and collect Quartz 7000 to complete the one they already bought. The other was saying he has been doing that mixture for years on people's lions and nothing wrong with that, and "HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING", he said.

I know a lot of people reading this might be blaming the mechanic that said mixing the two oil grades in that Engine was the right thing to do. But I don't really blame him, because he is doing the right thing for himself. Now where is the owner of that lion? Did he do the right thing for himself by giving a local roadside mechanic the responsibility to choose whatever he feels is right for his lion?

I have known that particular Vehicle for about 8 months now or more. The car is so clean that whenever I go to that workshop and see the lion, I always admire him. The trim/badge is V6 Executive. One of the best clean equipped D9 V6 I have ever seen. The lion has always been at that workshop for some stupid avoidable reasons. The Automatic gearbox (4HP20) has been replaced twice. Simply because of wrong ATF they pour in each of those times they changed the gearbox. The timing have jumped and damaged the valves twice because the mechanic couldn't set the timing belt properly both times. The list goes on. But each time I met that lion there, I have never met the owner, but the driver and the mechanic.

When you choose not to take your lion to dealerships, professionally equipped workshops or an expert for diagnosis and repairs because you couldn't afford their high charges or for whatever reasons, do you really expect that man you pay penny to give same quality work those dealerships and others that charge higher give? So, if you knew they are not the same, why leave same responsibility given to the professionals to the local mechanic that probably can't even read owners manual to understand what manufacturer recommended for the Engine, gearbox and the entire vehicle? Are you doing the right thing for yourself forming big man and leaving the responsibility of keeping your lion in good shape on a man you are not even paying that responsibility for?

The mechanic did the right thing for himself (as far as his conscience was concerned), by collecting more money to buy Quartz 7000 probably, but saved some of it for himself by buying something cheaper, even if it kills the new engine that was about to be mounted. You can condemn him for that, but where are you the owner since you couldn't afford the luxury of the bigmanism? How many times would men get burnt before they learn? All those times the gearbox was failing, valves damaging for crappy timing belt job, and finally a failed engine, how come the man never bothered to even show his face to see what the mechanic was even doing on his lion that is killing the lion mechanicals? Of course I know that newly engine would soon die, considering what they did to it yesterday when it was mounted. Maybe, the owner would eventually wake up and start taking the responsibility by doing the right thing for himself. Or he starts telling everyone how unreliable Peugeot cars are, considering what the lion has done to him. Or he sells him off as scrap when the frustration becomes unbearable. Even the automatic gearbox would soon pack up also, considering the ATF I saw the mechanic pouring inside it. The sad thing for me is that this lion looks very sharp and clean as if it was just imported. Nigerians and car killings.

You know why these professionals charge very high and why the others charge low. The professionals take the responsibilities of using the recommended or good parts for your lion, and with proper tools for diagnosis and repairs. The locals do the best they can with little knowledge they have on these modern lions and charge less. If you feel the right the right to do is to leave everything to that man you pay penny to fix your modern or newer lion, you are the one killing your lion, not necessarily the local mechanics.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

@ikenna351 ikenna351
Greetings Lion King,
I have an PAN assembled Prestige petrol EW10 406 manual. I use the car for uber/taxify work in Lagos. Like 2months ago, it started showing me Anti Pollution fault. The fuel consumption is also high. I have just been managing working with it but I cant cope now. The fan was abused to by-pass factory b4 I got the car and the thermostat has been removed. I have the thermostat, previous owner kept it. I have not reversed the fan abuse. I finally got around to scan the car today.

Here are the faults pp2000 showed me:
(a) Built-in System Interface
- Permanent Fault: RH direction Indicator Light
Oil temperature sensor. Short circuit to positive.
Oil temperature sensor.
Oil guage open circuit.
- Intermittent fault: Transponder identifier not received.
Authenticating transponder not received.
Battery fault charge (Although no battery fault displayed on instrument panel or display)
(b) Multifunction display
- Permanent fault. Absence of communication with the CD changer.
- Intermittent fault. No positive permanent on the display.
(c) Instrument Panel
- Remote permanent fault: Oil temperature information. Incorrect value received.
- Remote intermittent fault: Engine speed information. Incorrect value received.
Coolant temperature information. Incorrect value received.
Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received.
(d) Airbag ECU
- Permanent fault: Level of driver module trigger 1. Open circuit.
Level of driver module trigger 2. Open circuit.
(e) Engine ECU
- Permanent fault: knock sensor.
- Intermittent fault: Coolant thermistor. Coherence.
Throttle Potentiometer. Coherence.
1 ignition coil control. No spark.
Battery voltage. Low voltage.
Fan unit relay control (fan 2) high speed.
Air conditioning pressure. Short-circuit to positive or circuit open.
(f) Air conditioning ECU
- Remote intermittent fault: The outside temperature sensor. Incorrect value received.
Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received. (I just fixed the ac yesterday and its still chilling cold. Scanning was done after I fixed the ac)

I know everything in a car should be working fine but i can not afford to fix everything at once since i am doing uber/taxify work.
Q1- Which of these issues is responsible for the high fuel consumption and how do I solve it? let me solve that one first. Then as i work, i can fix the others.
Q2- Which order would you recommend i fix the other issues after solving the high fuel consumption?
Thanks so much in anticipation of your response.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lillyontop(m): 8:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
5good day please I am having issue with my 307 doesn't start on till your foot is on tutle, and the display screen shows anti pollution fault, oil pressure insufficient please can I know what is the cause and how to tackle it thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by mammanbawa: 5:42am On Jan 18, 2019
Bangis406:

@ikenna351 ikenna351
Greetings Lion King,
I have an PAN assembled Prestige petrol EW10 406 manual. I use the car for uber/taxify work in Lagos. Like 2months ago, it started showing me Anti Pollution fault. The fuel consumption is also high. I have just been managing working with it but I cant cope now. The fan was abused to by-pass factory b4 I got the car and the thermostat has been removed. I have the thermostat, previous owner kept it. I have not reversed the fan abuse. I finally got around to scan the car today.

Here are the faults pp2000 showed me:
(a) Built-in System Interface
- Permanent Fault: RH direction Indicator Light
Oil temperature sensor. Short circuit to positive.
Oil temperature sensor.
Oil guage open circuit.
- Intermittent fault: Transponder identifier not received.
Authenticating transponder not received.
Battery fault charge (Although no battery fault displayed on instrument panel or display)
(b) Multifunction display
- Permanent fault. Absence of communication with the CD changer.
- Intermittent fault. No positive permanent on the display.
(c) Instrument Panel
- Remote permanent fault: Oil temperature information. Incorrect value received.
- Remote intermittent fault: Engine speed information. Incorrect value received.
Coolant temperature information. Incorrect value received.
Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received.
(d) Airbag ECU
- Permanent fault: Level of driver module trigger 1. Open circuit.
Level of driver module trigger 2. Open circuit.
(e) Engine ECU
- Permanent fault: knock sensor.
- Intermittent fault: Coolant thermistor. Coherence.
Throttle Potentiometer. Coherence.
1 ignition coil control. No spark.
Battery voltage. Low voltage.
Fan unit relay control (fan 2) high speed.
Air conditioning pressure. Short-circuit to positive or circuit open.
(f) Air conditioning ECU
- Remote intermittent fault: The outside temperature sensor. Incorrect value received.
Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received. (I just fixed the ac yesterday and its still chilling cold. Scanning was done after I fixed the ac)

I know everything in a car should be working fine but i can not afford to fix everything at once since i am doing uber/taxify work.
Q1- Which of these issues is responsible for the high fuel consumption and how do I solve it? let me solve that one first. Then as i work, i can fix the others.
Q2- Which order would you recommend i fix the other issues after solving the high fuel consumption?
Thanks so much in anticipation of your response.

Does your car emit black smoke?
If yes, there's a cable connected to the exhaust, most mechs call it exhaust sensor. Changed mine for 5k
Then you scan and clear codes
You should be good to go
Cheers
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pounds12345: 7:15am On Jan 18, 2019
Pls help me out, my Peugeot 206 wont start in the mornings until after like i try like 4-5 times with my foot on the tutle. After that it starts at the 1st kick throughout the day untill the next morning when the trouble starts all over again.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Tyche(m): 7:44am On Jan 18, 2019
pounds12345:
Pls help me out, my Peugeot 206 wont start in the mornings until after like i try like 4-5 times with my foot on the tutle. After that it starts at the 1st kick throughout the day untill the next morning when the trouble starts all over again.

Fuel pump
Nozzles
Not limited to these though
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pounds12345: 11:32am On Jan 18, 2019
I have changed fuel pump, clean nozzles and changed spark plugs last week but it still persist.
It only happens in the mornings but once it starts, everything runs normally until the next morning again.

Tyche:

Fuel pump
Nozzles
Not limited to these though
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Bangis406: 11:52am On Jan 18, 2019
mammanbawa:

Does your car emit black smoke?
If yes, there's a cable connected to the exhaust, most mechs call it exhaust sensor. Changed mine for 5k
Then you scan and clear codes
You should be good to go
Cheers
Are you referring to the o2 sensor? My car has it. the head connects to a green socket near the ABS and the other end connects close to the catalyst or on it, cant remember exactly. I bought it at the time I got the car. Will check if the car brings out black smoke. I also bought the blue o2 sensor because I saw the socket was not plugged. but I later found out that my car does not have a place to plug in the tail of the blue o2 sensor, just the head socket.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by mammanbawa: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
Bangis406:

Are you referring to the o2 sensor? My car has it. the head connects to a green socket near the ABS and the other end connects close to the catalyst or on it, cant remember exactly. I bought it at the time I got the car. Will check if the car brings out black smoke. I also bought the blue o2 sensor because I saw the socket was not plugged. but I later found out that my car does not have a place to plug in the tail of the blue o2 sensor, just the head socket.

Yeah that's it
Does your engine run smoothly when you start it
Or it idles roughly for sometime?
If it does the above
I'm 80% sure it's that sensor
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aAK1(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
pounds12345:
I have changed fuel pump, clean nozzles and changed spark plugs last week but it still persist.
It only happens in the mornings but once it starts, everything runs normally until the next morning again.

206 very funny car. I suspect temperature sensor. The blue one.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:53am On Jan 25, 2019
People Are Buying Peugeot 607 Because of Ikenna351

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Fem7XB2tc&t=7s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:45am On Feb 10, 2019
I CAN'T SAVE ALL MEN. Part 2

This afternoon, a TLC member visited me in his lion I bought for him in 2012 from Agboola Motors, my trusted car dealer in France. A Peugeot 406 stick with EW7J4 engine, 2000 production (if I remember correctly). Nothing significant has changed from the lion from the day he picked up the lion from my house after the purchase in early December 2012 till today. The engine and gearbox still run like new when I drove the lion today. Engine doesn't burn or short oil after about 7 years of usage in Nigeria and 19 years old from new. Scanning the car was like a waste of time because every unit showed exactly what I saw last the last time he visited me (no fault found), like 3 or 4 years ago. No faults on engine ECU, BSI, ABS, etc. I got that lion for him at 130,000 km mileage. Now the mileage is over 200,000 km and the lion still in almost same shape when he arrived my house from France 7 years ago. Even the 2 oxygen sensors were still "follow come" and in good conditions, including other sensors or components that run the engine and entire vehicle. The sad thing is he wanted a change (another vehicle). Another sad thing is the mental torture or dilemma of letting go of the lion that has never given him a reason to let him go. Fortunately, someone will take over the wonderful experience he has had with the lion soon. A damn reliable and durable lion he is!

It's interesting that about 5 people, few weeks ago, sought my advice on changing their dead EW7J4 engines to EW10J4. Because, according to them, their mechanics adviced them to avoid EW7J4 again because "they are not durable", they claimed. I have no problem swapping in EW10J4 engine in place of EW7J4 engine, as long as it's properly done. In fact, I am all for upgrade or power. I even do these conversions for customers/people. But that the EW10J4 is more durable than EW7J4? You gotta be kidding!

I know how how many dead EW10J4 engines I have changed for customers, including EW12J4 and ES engines. Engine durability has nothing to do with size or power. It all comes down to usage (maintainance, driving style, etc). How many of you guys that complain of dead EW7J4 engines drive them like EW7J4 engines? How many of you run these engines with recommended engine oils? How many of you run these engines with engine cooling systems in factory settings/designs? How many of you bought non abused lions with these engines? Suddenly, the problem is with the engine, not your choices, right? Yet other human beings are running same lions with same or identical engines with higher mileages than yours and still running like new and yours die every now and then. If you don't deal with why your EW7J4 engine died before you decide to swap in EW10J4, you gonna be replacing the EW10J4 soon after the swap. Because other people have proved you wrong that EW7J4 was never the problem.

I do watch as people debate about engine oils they use in their lions. These days, I choose to keep mute in such discussions, since experience teaches better than mere words. After all, a guy called few years ago to prove to me that Total Quartz 5000 worked better in ES9J4S engine in his 607 than the recommended Total Quartz 9000 I suggested to people online for that V6 engine years ago. According to him, the Quartz 9000 (5w-40) was overheating his engine, while the Quartz 5000 (20w-50) wasn't. Of course, he mistook engine oil temperature guage for coolant temperature gauge. He didn't call to know why my advice was wrong. He called to tell me to stop "misleading people", according to him. He saved me the saliva I would have wasted in the explanation and left him to hold unto his belief on Total Quartz 9000 and ES9J4S engine. The TLC member that came this evening lives very far away from me, in another state. Yet, he kept to the advice I gave him the day he collected his lion from me that afternoon in 2012, "maintain recommended engine oil in this lion". Even when his cooling system thermostat failed around 170,000 km mileage, he put another back without tampering the factory fan connections like most Nigerians would do otherwise. I have never met his mechanic or spoken with him for all these years he has been using his lion, but he chose his mechanic by himself, whom from all indications, has not abused the lion in any way, shape or form. Even though he was giving me credit this afternoon for getting him a clean durable lion that has lasted or served him all these years, but some of the credit go to him too. Because he chose to "SAVE HIMSELF".

"I love my lion" is just mere words if you feel differently from those words. For how you feel about your lion determines decisions or choices you make to keep the lion safe or in good shape. Maybe you have some principles, belief or problem with loving material things. Well, I can't help you on that. But you ever wondered why I own and drive 3 V6 lions and never complained of financial drain from them? Ever wondered why they are always in good shape or conditions, almost as they were when I got them, even better? It's not because I am an expert in Peugeot or spend fortune in keeping them in good shape. It's because I don't do to them what most Nigerians do to their Lions. It takes months for me to plug in scan tools in my lions sometimes. And most of the times, it's for knowing which of the fuel injectors that needs cleaning when engine misfire occurs (thanks to fuel quality in Nigeria). Nigerian mechanics are not usually the problem when it comes to abuse of lions on Nigerian roads. I am not ruling them out completely, but you do have a choice for who you give your lion key to or open the bonnet for. For you can't take away that responsibility on something you have authority over.

It's easy to cry "Help" when you choose to buy an abused lion with hope to deal with the nightmares that come after purchase, but you probably didn't think it through how long the nightmare will linger? It's easy to find anyone that can hold spanner to work on your lion, but can be challenging to accept you made that choice to wreck your lion and blame others instead. It's easy to pour any liquid in your engine and do whatever thy will with the engine cooling system, but would you be man enough to keep replacing the engine and never complain about it?

I can only preach what I know and you decide what you choose to do with it. For you can either save yourself or perpetually remain a victim.

Drive with pride!

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by IMOHS(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oga ikenna351. Please I would like u to enlighten me on the pros and cons of Peugeot 307,both manual and automatic, and how advisable it is for a novice who is buying his first car. I know this question might have been treated already, but the thread is too long I can't go through it all. Thankyou
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by NobleEngineer(m): 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2019
If you don't pay, baba no go answer you. But check the link below for his post about 307.

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-cars-attitude/83#68347707

IMOHS:
Oga ikenna351. Please I would like u to enlighten me on the pros and cons of Peugeot 307,both manual and automatic, and how advisable it is for a novice who is buying his first car. I know this question might have been treated already, but the thread is too long I can't go through it all. Thankyou

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kingreign(m): 11:32pm On Feb 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by weyreypey: 7:39am On Feb 26, 2019
kingreign:
grin grin grin grin grin
You love trouble

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by drtee247(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2019
I have a Peugeot 307. It’s converted. I noticed hot air blowing on my legs when am driving or when am sitting on the passengers seat, the the fan is not on and no air is blowing from the vents. Pls what could be the problem? My car engine came with no AC and I have no money to buy a new car with AC. Pls How can I make my car interior as cool as possible
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by NobleEngineer(m): 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Pls How did you rectify this issue
pounds12345:
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by weyreypey: 10:10pm On Mar 06, 2019
drtee247:
I have a Peugeot 307. It’s converted. I noticed hot air blowing on my legs when am driving or when am sitting on the passengers seat, the the fan is not on and no air is blowing from the vents. Pls what could be the problem? My car engine came with no AC and I have no money to buy a new car with AC. Pls How can I make my car interior as cool as possible
FIX THE FIREWALL INSULATION

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Propertybroker: 7:16am On Mar 13, 2019
Morning, I have a Peugeot 307, 05model. The gear don't pick, and if it picks it goes slowly, I need a good advice on this , so i know how to go about it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by weyreypey: 7:37am On Mar 13, 2019
Propertybroker:
Morning, I have a Peugeot 307, 05model. The gear don't pick, and if it picks it goes slowly, I need a good advice on this , so i know how to go about it.
Contact the op. Pay him his annual subscription
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Propertybroker: 7:16pm On Mar 13, 2019
weyreypey:

How do I go about that pls?
Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by weyreypey: 9:27pm On Mar 13, 2019
Propertybroker:

How do I go about that pls?
Thanks
Call him up. Check the first post
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by NobleEngineer(m): 11:41pm On Mar 13, 2019
Annual sub �
weyreypey:

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.