Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,319 members, 7,954,282 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Special Name Do You Call God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Special Name Do You Call God? (20430 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Church Of England Is Satanic Wants To Call God A Woman / What Do Arab Christians Call God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by naijaobi(m): 10:04am On Sep 30, 2012
I call him ''Jehova over do''.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2012
dabriggs: ^^^
Really.

As complex as a car is, doesnt it have a maker?
So as more complex as the human is why wouldn't a human have a maker?

Just wondering.
Must complexity mean it is created? People are just to religious to see between the lines,the truth that nothing like God exist.Only in the fickle of imaginations.

1 Like

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2012
*dhtml:

Is that the same as Yahweh?

@topic, i believe all his names are special. There was a time in my life when i needed divine healing, then i knew Him as El-Ropheca, later on, i came to know Him as my sheperd, but now, i have come to know him as:
Jehovah-Jireh (Gen 22:1-14), Jehovah-Ropheca (Ex 15:26), Jehovah-Nissi (Ex 17:15), Jehovah-Mekaddishkem (Ex 31:13), Jehovah-Shalom (Judges 6:24), Jehovah-Tsidkenu (Jer 23:6), Jehovah-Shammah (Ezek 48:35), Jehovah-Rohi (Psalm 23:1), Jehovah-Zebaoth (1 Samuel 1:3), Jehovah-Elyon (Psalm 7:17)

You might take a glance at http://www.spiritualblessings.org/names.html (to understand the significance/relevance of those names in case you do not already- many people already have an idea though)
YOU DO KNOW THAT THE LETTER 'J' IS A NEWLY FORMED LETTER. 1600s I BELIEVE.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by mileseer: 10:05am On Sep 30, 2012
dabriggs:

First I did not say the human specie was the most complex. My logic is if I kept parts of a car and allowed it by chance to form a car,it woulnt. It would take an inteliigent being to do this and make a car.
In my opinion,complex life form even given billions of years and chance would not have formed life as we know it.
As per the analogy, that any inteligent being has to be made by one superior to it. As in God made man, so what made God? who knows, it could be Logically true. I have a broad mind and I am of the opinion that religion, sprirituality,Logic and Truth should never be separated. If God created us to think logically and even develop science why should he make certain thing illogical? Which begs the question, could it be that people just twisted the truth about life to suit their wordly pursuits of power and authority? Lol! Logic!

Area Boy just gave you a befitting answer.

By the number of responses to this thread so far...you could use this as an evidence that, there's close relation between high IQ and the non believe in religion and all the god nonsense. You question nothing as long as god and religion are tacked in somewhere. What a waste of the human brain.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2012
rhymz: you know when it comes to DUMBOs like you, I treat you like a slowpoke, an !diot worse than a slowpoke.
I have, in several occassion on NL schooled you about your own bible just to show you how steeewpid you are, you don't even know what is your bible and you dare want to mince words with people who are way more intellectually superior and have better life experience than you? You should be thankful for the privileges NL affords an ignoramus like you to even make attempts to argue with people you can't dare talk to in real life cos your very limited I.Q will fail you.
Anyway, enjoy the privileges, it is one of the very well known evidence of the good work of science, something Jesus can't seem to understand.
LIKE I SAID, DROP THE NAME YOU CALL HIM OR KEEP IT MOVING angry
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2012
naijaobi:
My bible says that only f.ools say in their heart, there is no God... So simply put, u r a f.ool.

And so do hindus see you as a bigger fool. Muslims believe you are doomed and dumb for believing in christ. So when you point a finger at someone,actually three point back at you. Just for the fun of it, I Don't know what to classify the falacy in your argument. Appeal to stupidity might suffice.

1 Like

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Gen2jaynee: 10:08am On Sep 30, 2012
Y do peepz on NL,like arguing ova nafin?...hw does all dese grammer put garri on deir table?.....wat do u call Ur God?...its as simply as abc drop urs n get d hell outta NL....y d insult...... Fine!..if U knw u'v gat no God n u fink one does nt exist..y comment....? Lousy tinx,,mycheeeewww

1 Like

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by mileseer: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2012
naijaobi:
My bible says that only f.ools say in their heart, there is no God... So simply put, u r a f.ool.

And my Kaboki (BigFoot's scripture) says only f.ools say in their heart, there is no BigFoot. So simply put,...I will not resort to ad hominem because BigFoot forbids it.

See...it fits right doesn't it?

1 Like

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Ideal1076(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2012
ALLAHU SAMAD

2 Likes

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nuezha(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2012
rhymz: As far as common sense prevails, using the complex design of an entity to prove that there is prolly a maker that came up with such design is limitless because one can also direct thesame argument to the complexities of the supreme maker entity himself. Doing so will show the folliness of such premise of argument. The fact God can not be proven to exists puts a very big dent to the claims of human religion of an existent supreme entity controlling things from nowhere above.
The best explanation to human existence is still the empirical evidence of science, it does not rest its argument or explanation on any dogmatic belief system or tradition that seeks to mystically define Who is god and what his characteristics are. Science is based on evidence and observation not dogma. So it is understandable if there are a million names for this human mental creation called God, afterall, it is neither here nor there.
Are you always a drop of dettol in a bowl of drinking water?
"If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"- I guess you've heard that before. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps his mouth shut.
I'm not saying you are...only quoting the scripture.
Despite my strong hatred for religious coercion at some point in my life, I think I would walk out on you if you were my lecturer.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by LordBabs(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2012
G= Genesis
O= Of
D= Deciet

3 Likes

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by naijaobi(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2012
dabriggs:

And so do hindus see you as a bigger fool. Muslims believe you are doomed and dumb for believing in christ. So when you point a finger at someone,actually three point back at you. Just for the fun of it, I Don't know what to classify the falacy in your argument. Appeal to stupidity might suffice.
why then comment on a thread meant for those of us who believe in God...who told u d hindus and muslims don't av a special name for their god? The op simply asked ''what name do you call God?''... Since some of u dont av a god, why not jst pass and stop messing up the thread...
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2012
Nuezha:
Are you always a drop of dettol in a bowl of drinking water?
"If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all"- I guess you've heard that before. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps his mouth shut.
I'm not saying you are...only quoting the scripture.
Despite my strong hatred for religious coercion at some point in my life, I think I would walk out on you if you were my lecturer.
THAT FOOL RHYMZ IS A CONSTIPATED LOQUACIOUS CRETIN grin grin
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2012
obadiah777: YOU DO KNOW THAT THE LETTER 'J' IS A NEWLY FORMED LETTER. 1600s I BELIEVE.
I know that, but i am not here to argue theology. I know that this is not 1600s.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2012
naijaobi:
why then comment on a thread meant for those of us who believe in God...who told u d hindus and muslims don't av a special name for their god? The op simply asked ''what name do you call God?''... Since some of u dont av a god, why not jst pass and stop messing up the thread...
Who gave you the right to tell people what to do? I am entitled to my opinions. So, argue about what you know about your belief while others point to the errors and deceits in it.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Enohgift: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2012
GOD,ABASI,OBONG,JESUS,ANDIYANGA
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2012
Now, words like foo00ls are e diots are dominating this thread. Please, please, if you do not have a God, kindly step out of the thread (no one is forcing you to contribute).
I am aware that we have like over 50 gods in Nigeria, so it is a matter of choice. Someone might come up today and say his God is PES 13 / Fifa 13 - their luck.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 30, 2012
*dhtml:

I know that, but i am not here to argue theology. I know that this is not 1600s.
YOU ARE RIGHT. THIS IS 2012, AND QUITE AN ENTHRALLING YEAR IT HAS BEEN. WE HAVE WITNESSED WATER TURN INTO BLOOD, EARTHQUAKES AND CALAMITIES IN DIVERSE PLACES, NATION RISING AGAINST NATION, RUMORS OF WARS, INCREASE IN KNOWLEDGE, THE LOVE OF MANY WAXING COLD. SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE AT THE END shocked
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2012
Enohgift: GOD,ABASI,OBONG,JESUS,ANDIYANGA
Care to translate ABASI, OBONG and ANDIYANGA?
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by naijaobi(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2012
all4naija: Who gave you the right to tell people what to do? I am entitled to my opinions. So, argue about what you know about your belief while others point to the errors and deceits in it.
who released u from jail?
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Ewabeads(f): 10:25am On Sep 30, 2012
Alagbada ina,kabiyesi,Ogbanigbani,Olorun awan Olorun,the rose of sharon,lion of the tribe of judah,I am that I am,erujeje...can't mention all...
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Topewealth: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2012
"My Godfather" cool"My Godfather"
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Ladanboso: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2012
Tamuno onengi ofori, in ijaw meanin ntin bigger than God
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 30, 2012
obadiah777: YOU ARE RIGHT. THIS IS 2012, AND QUITE AN ENTHRALLING YEAR IT HAS BEEN. WE HAVE WITNESSED WATER TURN INTO BLOOD, EARTHQUAKES AND CALAMITIES IN DIVERSE PLACES, NATION RISING AGAINST NATION, RUMORS OF WARS, INCREASE IN KNOWLEDGE, THE LOVE OF MANY WAXING COLD. SOUNDS LIKE WE ARE AT THE END shocked

And we have also noted an exponential increase in Satanic activities, but let us leave that for another day, so we dont distracted the thread.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by dozzy24(m): 10:29am On Sep 30, 2012
Abba Father,

Igwe.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 30, 2012
naijaobi:
who released u from jail?
I never knew I was ever in jail. Only in your imagination, like the religion you profess to people.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by enquirydon: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2012
olorun to poposhinshin,olorun to shinshinpopo
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by mikolo80: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2012
D BIG G
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 30, 2012
*dhtml:

And we have also noted an exponential increase in Satanic activities, but let us leave that for another day, so we dont distracted the thread.
NOT TO FORGET AN INCREASE IN SCOFFERS LIKE THAT CRETIN RHYMZ.

2 PETER 3 VS 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, BUT AS YOU RIGHTLY ALLUDED TO, WE STICK TO THE TOPIC grin
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2012
Hmmmm.....A fo**l in his heart says there is no God. A lot av the least understanding of who God is.The Creator of the universe, the supreme ruler of the earth,the reason for OUR existence, the lion of the tribe of Judah,patience BUT not slack, Remember!!! HIS grace is un_exhaustable But it av time and place. There is no chance for forgiveness in the grave....Think twice!!
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by trent9002(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2012
naijaobi:
Circular logic at its best
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Butoneday2(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2012
Chineke onye gara ije n'elu mmiri. (meaning) God that walketh upon the sea?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze / Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.