Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,582 members, 7,955,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

What Special Name Do You Call God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Special Name Do You Call God? (20434 Views)

Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Church Of England Is Satanic Wants To Call God A Woman / What Do Arab Christians Call God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
Lakayana: When you say somethings is lost it means it was in existence before it got missing. How do you say a mind that has never been in existence is lost.
ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME RHYMZ WAS BORN WITH NO MIND ? HE WAS A BORN LUNATIC ? shocked I ALWAYS KNEW THAT BRAH WASNT WORKING WITH A FULL DECK OF CARDS undecided
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
Lakayana: When you say somethings is lost it means it was in existence before it got missing. How do you say a mind that has never been in existence is lost.
Oho, my thoughts exactly. . .it is preposterous to even presume that a mindless zombie lost his damn mind!
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
*dhtml:

Oho, my thoughts exactly. . .it is preposterous to even presume that a mindless zombie lost his damn mind!
grin grin
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by paleson(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
THE ALMIGHTY
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by omenziate(m): 2:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
@rhymz , wen u are done with ur sesquipedalian and verbose write -up, u can soak ur head in chlorhexidine to cool off, we don't have ur time, all ur atheist sermon na balderdash, let us continue to dwell in our "foolishness" according to u, so why e dey pain u now? By the way is Darwin, Lamarck, Einstein , schrodinger or the great white Leprechaun ur god?
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Orikinla(m): 2:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
rhymz: THE GOSPEL OF JOHN (178 CE) The Gospel of John is thought by most authorities to be the latest of the four, but Waite provides a compelling argument to place it third and reveals its purpose not only in refuting the Gnostics but also in establishing the primacy of the Roman Church: So strong is the evidence of a late date to this gospel, that its apostolic origin is being abandoned by the ablest evangelical writers. . . . Both Irenaeus and Jerome assert that John wrote against Cerinthus. Cerinthus thus flourished about A.D. 145. [T]here is evidence that in the construction of this gospel, as in that of Matthew, the author had in view the building up of the Roman hierarchy, the foundations of which were then (about A.D. 177-89) being laid. . . . There is a reason to believe that both [John and Matthew] were written in the interest of the supremacy of the Church of Rome. The tone of this gospel is anti-Jewish, revealing that it was written/compiled by a non-Jew, possibly a “Gentile” or an “exiled” Israelite of a different tribe, such as a Samaritan, who not only spoke of “the Jews” as separate and apart from him but also was not familiar with the geography of Palestine. As Waite also says: There are also many errors in reference to the geography of the country. The author speaks of Aenon, near to Salim, in Judea; also of Bethany, beyond Jordan, and of a “city of Samaria, called Sychar.” If there were any such places, they were strangely unknown to other writers. The learned Dr. Bretschneider points out such mistakes and errors of geography, chronology, history and statistics of Judea, as no person who had ever resided in that country, or had been by birth a Jew, could possibly have committed. In addition, as Keeler states: The Gospel of John says that Bethsaida was in Galilee. There is no such town in that district, and there never was. Bethsaida was on the east side of the sea of Tiberias, whereas Galilee was on the west side. St. John was born at Bethsaida, and the probability is that he would know the geographical location of his own birthplace. Furthermore, the writer of John relates several events at which the apostle John was not depicted as having appeared and does not record others at which he is said to have been present. Moreover, John is the only gospel containing the story of the raising of Lazarus from the dead, which is an Egyptian myth. That the Gospel of John served as a refutation of the Gnostics, or an attempt to usurp their authority and to bring them into the “fold,” is obvious from its Gnostic style. In fact, it has been suggested that the author of John used Cerinthus’s own gospel to refute the “heretic.” As Waite relates: The history as well as the writings of Cerinthus are strangely blended with those of John the presbyter, and even with John the apostle. . . . A sect called the Alogi attributed to him [Cerinthus] (so says Epiphanius), the gospel, as well as the other writings of John.

[size=18pt]GOD EXISTED BEFORE CHRISTIANITY AND WILL CONTINUE TO EXIST AFTER CHRISTIANITY.

99% of people on Nairaland have not seen half of what I have seen as the son of a certified meta-physician and IFA priest who spoke over 25 languages in his life time and was a combatant during World War 2 and yet believed in God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who has never had a personal encounter with God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit cannot defend his or her faith.
Because our faith is our strength, our health and our wealth on earth.

Personally I feel sorry for most humans, because of their ignorance.
And ignorance kills.
Most of those who claim to be Christians in Nigeria don't know God, because they don't have any true relationship with God.
Going to church, reading the Holy Bible and praying will be meaningless without meeting God in spirit.
Until you meet with God in spirit, you don't know Him.

I am online to relate with people and often show them the light and I do so by also showing my own imperfections, temptations, trials and weaknesses and still overcoming the challenges and sharing my triumphs all the way.

Today, millions of Nigerians and others in the world know about the annual Eko International Film Festival (EKOIFF), Nollywood Divas Awards, Screen Naija, One Village, One Cinema Project, Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema, International Digital Post Network Limited publishers of Nigerians Reports, Nigerian Times, Kisses 'n' Roses, TALK OF THE TOWN, and other websites. But how did they come about?
Everything was seen in a night vigil at the Trinity Tabernacle Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) over 10 years ago when I did not even know how to use the internet. Do you know how much they are worth?
Even the total worth of the Dangote Group cannot be compared to the worth of the annual Eko International Film Festival that will end up as an institution in the Nigerian film industry.
Do you know how much is the total worth of Hollywood?

That is why I will not exchange my life for that of Alhaji Aliko Dangote or my namesake Mike.
Because what God has given me is bigger, greater and mightier than what they have and will also last longer.
The American Academy Awards is over 84 years old and the Cannes Film Festival is over 64 years old.
Now do you get the big picture of what the infinite creator of the whole universe has given me?[/size]

[size=28pt]Read Miracle of Miracles

MIRACLE OF MIRACLES is a young upper class Iranian girl's stirring true testimony about how Jesus Christ found her and her husband in Tehran, and how and why they had to escape Iran to avoid execution by radical Muslims. Their crime? They converted from Islam to Christianity. Rejected by her family who she loves, and an utter outcast in her homeland, Mina and her husband made a harrowing journey across the mountains to Turkey, then to Europe, and lastly to America.

In Mina's book she tells of the Lord Jesus' miraculous radiant appearance to an elderly Muslim theologian in Iran., and about Jesus telling this man he is not Allah! Jesus then tells this man that He is "the Bread of Life", and words similar to His (Jesus') blood washes sins away. Realizing whom he is dealing with, the man asks Jesus to accept him.

If you have any doubt that the Lord Jesus Himself is leading the way and is seeking out worthy believers in Muslim countries --you won't after reading this book of true miracles.

This is a MUST READ if you are a Muslim who has ever wondered why Allah insists that you pray, not in your native language; or why your prayers with Allah always seem to be empty, pointless and one-way. Come out to freedom, and leave all these meaningless rituals behind. Stop misdirecting your sweet and worthy prayers to a deity who simply is not either alive, or there. This is also a MUST READ for any Christian who doesn't believe in miracles, or who wants to meet Muslims face to face and learn about them.

YOU WON'T PUT THIS BOOK DOWN, because the honesty and sincerity of the writer oozes through every page. And her love for the living Lord Jesus is real.[/size]

[size=28pt]Parents, Islamic Extremists Beat Young Woman in India

NEW DELHI, March 20 (CDN) — A young woman was thrown out of her home this month for daring to give thanks for healing in Christ’s name in a predominantly Muslim village in India’s West Bengal state, and then her parents helped Islamic extremists to beat her nearly unconscious.

The attack on Rekha Khatoon, 22, took place on March 9 in Nutangram, Murshidabad.

“I boldly told those who beat me up that I may leave my parents, but that I will not leave Jesus,” Khatoon said. “Jesus has healed me, and I cannot forget Him.”

In a village where hard-line Muslims have threatened to kill the 25 families who initially showed interest in Christ, leaving only five frightened Christian families, Khatoon was returning from worship with Believers Church at Al Hamdulillah Hall when her parents and Muslim extremists attacked her, she said. They called her a pagan, among other verbal abuse.

The mob also harassed the Christian woman who encouraged Khatoon to trust Christ as Lord, Aimazan Bibi, said Bashir Pal, pastor and founder of the village Believers Church.

“On the same night, Rekha Khatoon’s father, Nistar Shaike, and about 20 Muslim radicals surrounded Aimazan’s house, shouted anti-Christian slogans, threatened to harm her and her family and falsely accused her of ‘luring’ Rekha to convert to Christianity,” Pastor Pal told Compass.

After finding herself alone on a road after the beating, Khatoon had taken refuge in Aimazan Bibi’s home.

Khatoon had met Amaizan Bibi last year and told her about a reproductive ailment that caused her to bleed heavily, and the older woman had shared both the gospel of Christ and His healing power with her, Pastor Pal said.

“After Rekha Khatoon came to know about her ailment, she met one of our church members, Aimazan Bibi, and she shared her physical problem with her and told her that her illness was getting worse as she was not able to purchase medicines anymore,” he said.

Aimazan Bibi also invited Khatoon to attend church. On Dec. 23, Khatoon came to the worship center, where Christian women laid hands on her, he said. The pastor and congregation prayed for God’s healing touch in Jesus’ name.

“She received healing from Christ, and thereafter she attended the worship services whenever she could,” Pastor Pal said. “On Jan. 17, Khatoon attended one house church meeting in her village and once again testified that Jesus has healed her, and that she had not taken any medicine since Dec. 23.”

He said the Muslim extremists warned Khatoon not to have contact with Christians. West Bengal is 25.2 percent Muslim, with Hindus in the predominantly Hindu country making up 72.5 percent of the population in the state, according to Operation World. The state, which borders Muslim-majority Bangladesh, is only 0.6 percent Christian.

Upon learning that she was attending Christian worship meetings, her parents had strictly warned her not to have any relationships with Christians and not to attend their fellowship, Aimazan Bibi said.

“However, she told them that she cannot forget Jesus and His love for her,” she said.

Pastor Pal’s wife, nurse Anasea Pal, added that at another house church meeting, Khatoon brought her sister and talked about the healing she had received from Christ.

Khatoon has since relocated to another area, where she lives largely confined for her own protection.

Khatoon and her mother had attended worship services at the church previously; they began there in 2009 until area Muslims, furious to hear that several women were attending worship services, warned them to cease all contact with Christians or else they would face harm. The local mosque then offered Khatoon’s mother a job carrying food for the local Islamic leader to ensure she stopped all contact with Christians.

She also stopped Khatoon from attending Christian meetings.

Tensions prevail in the area, with enraged Muslim radicals threatening to hurt the five Christian families on the slightest pretext. In addition to harassing Aimazan Bibi, Islamic extremists have ruined her son Sirajul Shaike’s business, throwing away all his vegetables and chasing him out of the village market.

“It is very difficult for them now, since selling vegetables was the main source of income for the family,” Pastor Pal said.

Christians in the village have endured all manner of physical torture and social boycotts at the hand of Muslim extremists, Pastor Pal said. He added that the extremists are not allowing Christians to enter the village.

c. 2012 Compass Direct News. Used with permission.

Publication date: March 21, 2012
[/size]

[size=28pt]Finally, ONLY FOOLS DOUBT GOD, JESUS CHRIST AND THE HOLY SPIRIT, AND IN MOST CASES, THESE FOOLS ARE INTELLECTUALLY RETARDED SPECIES OF HOMO SAPIENS ON EARTH AND THEIR MASTERS CANNOT EVEN STAND THE GENIUS OF MEN OF GOD LIKE DR. DANIEL OLUKOYA OF NIGERIA.

When Dr. Kolawole Daniel Olukoya was born some forty­ five years ago, little did his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Olukoya, know that they had taken delivery of an exceptional child ordained by God to fulfill a destiny that would in turn, positively affect the destiny of others. And in pursuit of that destiny, Dr. Olukoya laid down an academic blueprint whose pedigree remains outstanding. At Saint John’s CAC Primary School, Akure in Ondo State, and Saint Jude’s primary School, Ebute Metta, Lagos where he completed his primary education, excellence was his watch word. Rather than occupy himself with exuberance that was a common feature among the, youths, he developed a passion for God. Dr. Daniel Olukoya’s academic profile took a leap while at Methodist Boys’ High School, Lagos , where he graduated with Grade One Distinction and was the best student in his set. Not one known to rest on his oars, he took his academic exploits to the prestigious University of Lagos and, as would be expected, the genius in him proved that all earlier outstanding academic results were no fluke, as he graduated with a first class honours degree. In fact it was the first from the department since the university was established in 1962.

Dr. Olukoya’s thirst for more academic laurels found expression at the University of Reading, UK, where, with a Commonwealth scholarship, he studied for a PhD in Molecular Genet­ics, which was completed in record time, making him probably the first Nigerian to obtain a Ph.D. in this subject area. With such an intimidating academic resume! it was only natural that opportunities would beckon. But not even the pressure. to stay back in England could sway him from returning to Nigeria. His first port of call on arrival was the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), Yaba. He was a lecturer as well as external examiner to a number of Nigerian universities, among them the University of Lagos , UNILAG and university of Benin, UNIBEN.

Dr. olukoya is on record as having been the first scientist to establish an indigenous Molecular Biology and Biotechnology laboratory in Nigeria. One important contribution by Dr. Olukoya to biotechnology and health care delivery is the creation of a new type of Pap (Ogi), named Dogik, a weaning food that has improved nutritional qualities that can control diarrhea. The laboratory also ranks among the first to done genes in Nigeria.

Dr. Olukoya has supervised over 20 Ph.D. students, most of whom are doing well in their chosen fields. As a researcher, he has over 80 scientific publications to his credit. Notwithstanding his exploits on the academic turf, he de­votes much of his time to God through preaching, delivering papers at seminars, singing etc. That Dr. Olukoya would become a mighty tool in the hands of God to serve as a vehicle of deliverance for his generation manifested in 1989, when Mountain of Fire and Miracles Minis­tries was given birth to in his sitting room at Yaba, with 24 worshippers. And like the story of the acorn seed that metamorphosed into the great oak tree with several branches providing nests to all birds of varied proportions, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, with only 18 years presence, has exponentially own to be found in several, arts of the world, even as 2007 has been expressly declared by the General Overseer as the year for evangelism. MFM has thousands of branches spread across Nigeria , Africa and Asia . A huge percentage of branches are also located in the United States and Europe .

The Ministry is noted for its unique, powerful prayers that are fast redefining the major strategic input that puts the devil and his cohorts in the most bemused of confusion. MFM headquarters is the largest single congregation in Africa , with attendance of over 120,000 in single meetings. It is a ministry devoted to the revival of apostolic signs. Holy Ghost fire, miracles and the unlimited demonstration of the power of God word to deliver to the utmost. Absolute holiness is preached within and outside as spiritual prerequisite for heaven.

Dr. Kolawole Daniel Olukoya is anointed by God with an uncommon gift and finds expression as a prophet, evangelist, teacher and preacher of the word of God. In addition to his over 80 scientific publications, he has written more than double that number of spiritual books, 150 of them, most of which are bestsellers. PRAYER RAIN, a prayer manual which has become a companion of not a few Christians across several denominations, has sold millions of copies. Besides, Dr. Olukoya has 70 Christian songs that he has composed. His amiable life and that of his wife, Pastor Shade and their son, Elijah Toluwani, are living proof that all power belongs to God.[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by mobo2(f): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
I call Him my Father
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
mileseer:

There are credible scientific explanations to how the universe came into existence. All you have to do is go to your nearest library and get yourself some book. Challenge yourself in this field. Don't allow others to do the thinking for you. Question your belief system...research, read more, and try to ascertain the real truth on your own. I understand this may be difficult for you but trust me you be would glad you did. Ask yourself this...why do I question other people's belief system yet never does the same to mine? Put yourself in others shoe and question your belief system. Intelligent and scientific books would set you free, trust me on that.
Trash! *Thrown into the waste bin* I need not question the realities of God through other means when the Holy Bible has every details.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ex-Hezbollah Iranian Muslim Saw Jesus and Jesus Said Who He Was - Afshin Javid

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2-L1KIU7lao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Afshin was born in 1972 in southern Iran in a city called Abadan. His earliest childhood memories was the islamic revolution in 1979. When he was about 8 years old he remembers a plane flying about 40 feet above his head and a few seconds later there was a loud sound and the ground shook. This was the first bomb dropped by the Iraqi Airforce. At this point they got into a car and left everything they owned and went to a city about an hour away. When the Iraqi's advanced they had to move four more times before they had to leave the country in 1987. As a 15 year old he crossed the dessert walking into Pakistan and witnessed
the poverty in Pakistan. From 1990-1992 he spent time in Bangladesh as a missionary while waiting to move to Canada. He is now the founding member of I AM Thirsty Ministries in Vancouver. Afshin is happily married and recently renewed his wedding vows for his 15th year anniversary. Afshin and his wife have four beautiful children.

Biography from Afshin Javid Website: http://www.afshinjavid.com/
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by rhymz(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2012
Amechara_ovoko: .
But is this what the thread is all about ? Enough of ur copying and pasting jooor
fact here is that the thread is about many things, I do not have to conform to what you wamt me to write or argue, what I post is very well related. Anyway, I did that to annoy and guage the temperament of the Christians here, apparently, apart from a few that are making weak attempts to tackle the arguments in those posts, the rest are angry, hate my guts and getting abusive. . Lol. it is so typical of religious goons, yet in another thread, we have christians beating their chest and bragging about their religion being more tolerant than that of their muslim counterpart. . .hahaha.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by lynkyinka(m): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
Awimayehun...Aleselewi...Asoromatase...Arugbo ojo
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by naijatrends: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
I call Him my Provider
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Orikinla(m): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
[size=28pt]When death grips them, most atheists and scoffers of the Word of God begin to tremble in fear of their end and many repent.
TO DOUBT THE EXISTENCE OF GOD IS TO DOUBT YOUR OWN EXISTENCE.
WE EXIST BECAUSE HE ALSO EXISTS.
IF HE DOES NOT EXIST, WE WILL NOT EXIST.
AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO BE A CHRISTIAN TO KNOW THIS. CHEERS.[/size]
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
mileseer:

By your assumption...I'm wondering which God you are actually referring to? Which one among the over thousands that exist? Would you be surprised to know I actually feel the existence of one right now? His name is BigFoot. It's a giant monster, and lingering in the sky. In fact it's the God that is making sure Nigeria isn't destroyed by earthquake.

I am sure you must be thinking I'm crazy....do you not? Well that is how crazy you sound to me too. You might require to see the evidence that BigFoot truly exist and it is all that I claim to be. How do I prove it is indeed the God making sure dear Nigeria isn't destroyed by earthquake? Do you want me to prove it? Well prove yours first. You made a claim...I also just made one. Lets see who's right

..... see how silly religion and all the god nonsense are?
I have a question for u sir.
What is the highest court in your country and does any other court have the power to contradict it's ruling?
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
all4naija: Must complexity mean it is created? People are just to religious to see between the lines,the truth that nothing like God exist.Only in the fickle of imaginations.

Well yes. If we go by cause and effect. An organised system may not just come from chance. Lets not forget evolution is also a theory. However one then wonders, even a theory has certain proofs while faith is practically without much. Believe, accept and do not question the logicality.
However,one is forced to wonder as evidence abound of the pre-historic man who had no religion and who predated the Jew and Hebrews. They latter delved into animism.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
There are not many places to find very mad people than on Nairaland's Religion Section. I guess this is what the original plans of the Europeans were when they invaded Africa and indoctrinated my people with Asian Ideologies.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by rhymz(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
The Summaries of The Posted Excerpts Part one. The existence of Jesus Christ is entirely based on an irrational belief system-faith- myths and deified Heroes that existed before the birth of Jesus. The gospel claims therefore do not evidently give the represention of a Jewish man that had physical reincarnation 2000 years ago. In the debate regarding the character and nature of Jesus christ, there are three contending school of thoughts: 1. THE BELIEVERS: this school of thought believes everything written in the christian-Judeo bible as sacrosanct, infallible, sacred and divine words of God written by men that were inspired by God even though this same bible is rife with inconsistencies, contradictions, errors and illogical yarns that render their beliefs untenable. Also, beievers have great disdain for critical thinking & the substance of physical evidence of history rather it thrives on illogical belief system and false portrayals of history and events. It is ironical that the christian believe that the only way God could fix the world (which by the way, thesame bible claims he created) was through blood-atonement of his own son, Jesus Christ yet history has shown and proved that such belief is rooted in acient pre-christian customs of sacrificing humans and animals, a barbaric, scapegaot ritual. And we are meant to believe that this is all God's plan according to the tenets of this beliefs. Believers ridicule as fiction, similar pre- christian religious & cultural dogmas to theirs but accept theirs as sacrosanct & devine. 2. THE EVEMERIST: this school of thought believes that the gods of old were in fact historical characters, kings, emperors & Heroes whose exploits and greatness were later deified. Of all these deified biographical entities, Jesus Christ is the most popular till date. Evemerist believe that it was Jesus's religio-political activities that became the centrepiece of his deification as well as got him the ire of the jewish people who begged Pontius Pilate the roman governor to execute Jesus christ. The claims of his execution according to the canonical gospels of the NT to support his existence face 3 difficulties: (a) All christian documents older than the NT gospels do not portray him as a political agitator as the NT gospels claims and does. (b) If his activities had been primarily political, and the evangelists were not interested in—or deemed it inexpedient to mention—his politics, then what was the motive for their strong interest in him? How did they come to suppose that a rebel, whose revolutionary views they tried to suppress in their gospels, was the universal saviour? (c) if he was involved in political activities to the point of engaging in temple cleansing as suggested in the NT why then did flavious Josephus who is one of the most respected Jewish historian not make mention of something as remarkable as that in his records. The evemerist argument becomes unatenable too because when one strips off all these elements of preceeding myths that has led to his deification; one finds there is nothing or any historical person to point to. 3. THE MYTHICIST: this school of thought believes that Jesus Christ like other older mythological character that have existed before him was a myth whose divinity was helped by the gradually increasing nature of human history thus the intertwined fables around his existence as claimed by the canonical gospels. This argument or belief is propelled by archaeological and linguistical discoveries and studies, as well as by the reduction of the Church’s power and vicious persecution of its critics. However, even with the revealing insight and perspective of their work, believers and evemerists alike have refused to acknowledge their interesting findings rather they have concentrated efforts on criticizing their work.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by ajufinz(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sweet Jesus!
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
rhymz: fact here is that the thread is about many things, I do not have to conform to what you wamt me to write or argue, what I post is very well related. Anyway, I did that to annoy and guage the temperament of the Christians here, apparently, apart from a few that are making weak attempts to tackle the arguments in those posts, the rest are angry, hate my guts and getting abusive. . Lol. it is so typical of religious goons, yet in another thread, we have christians beating their chest and bragging about their religion being more tolerant than that of their muslim counterpart. . .hahaha.
So you do believe that your thrash will infuriate the real christians on this thread? You are wasting your time.

Everyone is free to believe whatever they want to believe, i remain faithful to Yeshua T Adonai!
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Lizzyvonne: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ebubedike , onyeukwu na ogboaya
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by rhymz(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
SUMMARIES OF THE EXCERPTS
THE EPISTLES
1. Believers claim that Paul lived during the advent and after the death of Jesus Christ. 2. For this reason, they claim his epistles are one of the earliest christian texts. 3. His epistles strangely did not discuss or make any allusion to any of the events, places & people associated with the existence of a historical Jesus. 4. In writing His epistles about Jesus, Paul also never quotes from Jesus’s purported sermons and speeches, parables and prayers, nor does he mention Jesus’s supernatural birth or any of his alleged wonders and miracles, all of which would presumably be very important to Jesus’s followers, had such exploits and sayings been known prior to Paul. 5. All these point to the possibility that Paul could not quote, use or teach anything from the life and events Jesus in his epistles because there was nothing about Jesus that was true in the first place. 6. Instead Paul's epistles is laden with acient pre-christian religious beliefs, dogma, teachings and ideologies traceable to pre-existing pagan worship of the time. 7. The Jesus described in Paul's epistles are very different from the one described in the four canonical gospels. 8. In fact, it has been demonstratively proven that the so-called Paul's epistles are pseudographics ( forged writings). The the Pauline epistles could not have been written at the given orthodox dates of (c. 49-70) if in his first epistle to timorthy he made mention of Marcion of Pontus who lived (c. 100-160). Same goes for the othe epistles allegedly written by "Paul", all probable forgeries. THE GOSPELS 1. The Gospels were forged at the end of the 2nd century probably between 170-180 just about thesame time of the establishment of the Orthodoxy and supremecy of the Roman Church. 2. There are very strong evidence that all the canonical gospels were actually written in greek & not from the aclaimed jewish apostles who wrote in hebrew or Aramaic. 3. The greek word Petros was usedfor peter in the original gospels that were alleged to have come from Jewish apostles. 4. Prior to Luke's own narratives of the gospels, there were numerous narratives of the gospels in circulation which were once considered canonical but later adjudged suprious & vice versa. 5. The church Father Irenaeus bishop of lyon determined from these numerous narratives which ones should be canonized as God's inspired words. 6. The arrangement of the four canonical gospel is intentionally to give the false impression of order of publication, differing sources and production. 7. Mark or Luke is believed to be the first narratives of the canonical gospels, it is also believed that all of them copied from thesame source materials which was in greek language. 8. The first New Testament that ever appeared, was compiled and published by Marcion. It was in the Greek language. It consisted of “The Gospel,” and “The Apostolicon.” THE GOSPEL OF THE LORD Marcion's Gospel predates the canonical gospels and possibly was the material source from where the other writers copied. In his Gospel Jesus was not Jewish, he was not born but appeared in the 15th year of the reign of Tiberus Ceaser.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by rhymz(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
SUMMARIES OF THE EXCERPTS
THE EPISTLES
1. Believers claim that Paul lived during the advent and after the death of Jesus Christ. 2. For this reason, they claim his epistles are one of the earliest christian texts. 3. His epistles strangely did not discuss or make any allusion to any of the events, places & people associated with the existence of a historical Jesus. 4. In writing His epistles about Jesus, Paul also never quotes from Jesus’s purported sermons and speeches, parables and prayers, nor does he mention Jesus’s supernatural birth or any of his alleged wonders and miracles, all of which would presumably be very important to Jesus’s followers, had such exploits and sayings been known prior to Paul. 5. All these point to the possibility that Paul could not quote, use or teach anything from the life and events Jesus in his epistles because there was nothing about Jesus that was true in the first place. 6. Instead Paul's epistles is laden with acient pre-christian religious beliefs, dogma, teachings and ideologies traceable to pre-existing pagan worship of the time. 7. The Jesus described in Paul's epistles are very different from the one described in the four canonical gospels. 8. In fact, it has been demonstratively proven that the so-called Paul's epistles are pseudographics ( forged writings). The the Pauline epistles could not have been written at the given orthodox dates of (c. 49-70) if in his first epistle to timorthy he made mention of Marcion of Pontus who lived (c. 100-160). Same goes for the othe epistles allegedly written by "Paul", all probable forgeries. THE GOSPELS 1. The Gospels were forged at the end of the 2nd century probably between 170-180 just about thesame time of the establishment of the Orthodoxy and supremecy of the Roman Church. 2. There are very strong evidence that all the canonical gospels were actually written in greek & not from the aclaimed jewish apostles who wrote in hebrew or Aramaic. 3. The greek word Petros was usedfor peter in the original gospels that were alleged to have come from Jewish apostles. 4. Prior to Luke's own narratives of the gospels, there were numerous narratives of the gospels in circulation which were once considered canonical but later adjudged suprious & vice versa. 5. The church Father Irenaeus bishop of lyon determined from these numerous narratives which ones should be canonized as God's inspired words. 6. The arrangement of the four canonical gospel is intentionally to give the false impression of order of publication, differing sources and production. 7. Mark or Luke is believed to be the first narratives of the canonical gospels, it is also believed that all of them copied from thesame source materials which was in greek language. 8. The first New Testament that ever appeared, was compiled and published by Marcion. It was in the Greek language. It consisted of “The Gospel,” and “The Apostolicon.” THE GOSPEL OF THE LORD Marcion's Gospel predates the canonical gospels and possibly was the material source from where the other writers copied. In his Gospel Jesus was not Jewish, he was not born but appeared in the 15th year of the reign of Tiberus Ceaser.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Ideyontop: 3:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
HE IS MY RESTORER

MY SPECIAL NAME FOR HIM IS "EGBERIPAPA" ONE OF THE WHOLE WORLD! (my unique name for him please!)
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Tozer(m): 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
berem: OLISA BI N'ELIGWE
Ọgọdọ Ya na-akpụ n'ala.
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by fapcrook(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
trent9002: Dog
why Dog? Is a dog not an animal? Hah!
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by rhymz(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2012
*dhtml:

So you do believe that your thrash will infuriate the real christians on this thread? You are wasting your time.

Everyone is free to believe whatever they want to believe, i remain faithful to Yeshua T Adonai!
hahahaha. . .i understand you unneccessary posture to want to be seen as civil and all that but please, don't make very foolish conclusions when you are yet to read the excerpts. Whether you believe in your great forebearers as the creator that is your own cup of tea, it does not take away from the fact that such belief is rooted from irrational belief system that requires adherent to not think or question the fairy tale they are told. You talk of Yeshua today because you were colonized by europeans and brainwashed into accepting such a hogwash. Am sure of the chinese had been our colonizers we prolly will be shouting and killing ourselves ober Buddha and co. .
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Orikinla(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjdPXmQdOs

I also recommend the following;

"The central miracle asserted by Christians is the Incarnation. They say that God became Man. Every other miracle prepares the way for this, or results from this." This is the key statement of Miracles, in which C. S. Lewis shows that a Christian must not only accept but rejoice in miracles as a testimony of the unique personal involvement of God in his creation. Using his characteristic lucidity and wit to develop his argument, Lewis challenges the rationalists, agnostics, and deists on their own grounds and makes out an impressive case for the irrationality of their assumptions.

About the Author

Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most influential Christian writer of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English literature at Oxford University until 1954 when he was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance English at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. His major contributions in literary criticism, children's literature, fantasy literature, and popular theology brought him international renown and acclaim. He wrote more than thirty books, allowing him to reach a vast audience, and his works continue to attract thousands of new readers every year. His most distinguished and popular accomplishments include The Chronicles of Narnia, Out of the Silent Planet, The Four Loves, The Screwtape Letters, and Mere Christianity.

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Orikinla(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjdPXmQdOs

I also recommend the following;

"The central miracle asserted by Christians is the Incarnation. They say that God became Man. Every other miracle prepares the way for this, or results from this." This is the key statement of Miracles, in which C. S. Lewis shows that a Christian must not only accept but rejoice in miracles as a testimony of the unique personal involvement of God in his creation. Using his characteristic lucidity and wit to develop his argument, Lewis challenges the rationalists, agnostics, and deists on their own grounds and makes out an impressive case for the irrationality of their assumptions.

About the Author

Clive Staples Lewis (1898-1963) was one of the intellectual giants of the twentieth century and arguably the most influential Christian writer of his day. He was a Fellow and Tutor in English literature at Oxford University until 1954 when he was unanimously elected to the Chair of Medieval and Renaissance English at Cambridge University, a position he held until his retirement. His major contributions in literary criticism, children's literature, fantasy literature, and popular theology brought him international renown and acclaim. He wrote more than thirty books, allowing him to reach a vast audience, and his works continue to attract thousands of new readers every year. His most distinguished and popular accomplishments include The Chronicles of Narnia, Out of the Silent Planet, The Four Loves, The Screwtape Letters, and Mere Christianity.

Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Antho4lyf(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
Okorobia di mma
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by crackhouse(m): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
The mighty man in battle
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by Ekenthman: 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
Alpha n Omega, d beginin n d endin
Re: What Special Name Do You Call God? by cars4sell: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
Oyigiyigi.. Osagbedegbedembulah

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze / Where Do Black People Come From According To Christianity ? / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.