Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) (19192 Views)

Akute-Alagbole Road Re-construction: My Thoughts / Re-construction Of Ijebu-ode Road: Ogun Governor Bows To Common Sense / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dedeike: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:
How can you be so wicked and deceitful? You left all the the numerous roads I mentioned but rather chose ENUGU-PORTHARCOURT EXPRESSWAY which was never on the list.
there was never a time I mentioned Enugu-PORTHARCOURT express in that publication. I listed roads totaling over 1000 km across the federation.
Because you know they are all true, you did not bother to post a single pic of those roads but rather unintelligently went to post pics of a road that did not appear in the radar of those achievements. It is on record. Facts don't lie. I challenge everyone to visit the thread in question for further clarification on the GIGANTIC STRIDES by GEJ on roads with just one year in office
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by plantation(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
Fortunately or unfortunately, I plied that road every week between 2003 and 2009 while studying at Abia State Uni. It has never been dis bad. My last journey across dat road some weeks ago was just a terrible nightmare.. GEJ Is dis Really wat FRESH AIR is all about?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
mufc009: God punish you Dedeike

Amen!

1 Like

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by solomonkane(m): 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:
How can you be so wicked and deceitful? You left all the the numerous roads I mentioned to choose ENUGU-PORTHARCOURT EXPRESSWAY.
there was never a time I mentioned Enugu-PORTHARCOURT express in that publication. I listed roads totaling over 1000 km across the federation.
Because you know they are all true, you did not bother to post a single pic of those roads but rather unintelligently went to post pics of a road that did not appear in the radar of those achievements. It is on record. Facts don't lie. I challenge everyone to visit the thread in question for further clarification on the GIGANTIC STRIDES by GEJ on roads with just one year in office
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Gbawe: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
@OP. I salute you and doff my hat respectfully. This is all we ask Nigerians to do!!!! Use the damn camera phones they all carry around redundantly !!! Expose the lies, deceit and hideous propaganda of paid agents who sabotage our drive towards good governance with the outright lies they flood cyberspace with. It only takes a few seconds to take pictures. Uploading to the web is not Rocket Science either. If unsure of how to do it, take pictures and ask the internet cafe attendant to help you upload the pictures. We must start showing political awareness and sophistication in Nigeria if we are to succeed making leaders sit up and lead correctly.

When I see spam from the 40 laptop crew, embellished as "performance" and "achievements", I just shake my head at the extent of the depravity of some Nigerians. The only way to defeat these perverse group of people , and their paymasters, is to do what this socially conscious OP has done. Once again, I thank you ujchief. It would be too much hoping that the discredited liar Dedeike will now stop spamming Nl with outright lies after he is now exposed here. Sadly, I doubt this will be the case since their oga pata-pata (laptop 001) is still here in all his shameless glory after been exposed for telling more lies than most nairalanders brush their teeth in a month.

6 Likes

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:
How can you be so wicked and deceitful? You left all the the numerous roads I mentioned to choose ENUGU-PORTHARCOURT EXPRESSWAY.

Even Beaf will never be this shameless....like someone earlier mentioned.....undiluted lies run in your blood veins.

1 Like

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dedeike: 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
Let me press the rewind button so as to put to shame all these shameless hirelings.

finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, rehabilitation of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.

6 Likes

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ay0201(m): 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
ujchief: Few days ago, someone started a thread on the achievments of Gej and Dedeike was kind enough to make a 'bogus' list of Gej's over-whelming landmark achievments withing his 1.5 yrs (or 2.5 yrs) of his administration.
He mentioned, among many other projects, the massive reconstruction of the Enugu/ph expressway, which i was fortunate to plight this morning. As i started my journey, i fastened my seat belt, got ready for a smothe ride, this is wat i saw...
i was on the same road this time last week and as i write this,am on the same road. May God help Nigeria! Yes, the so called construction is going on but at what pace? The word massive should be removed. The road in question is an eye sore, a Federal road for that matter. How wld those in the government know what the state of the road is when there is a chopper at thier beck and call. The construction would be completed one day.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mandelaguy: And I passed through that same road that same road twice in 3 days between,yes the road is bad,but you will not deny the fact that on the left side if you are coming to Umuahia,that road construction has started,also coming from port harcourt on the left side is massively undergoing construction,which is what Dedeike was pointing out.

One, if you passed through that road, why didn't you take pictures of the "massive construction" that has "started"?

Two, can you please define the word "massive"? My dictionary tells me that the word "massive" means "large in scale, amount, or degree". Following that definition, what is "massive" about the "construction" going on?

I'll tell you what I consider "massive": A president assumes power, declares a state of emergency on our roads, assembles qualified contractors who work day and night, under the sun and rain to fix what has become a national embarrassment. "Massive" is like that highway in Japan that was damaged by the earthquake last year but was fixed within six days. SIX DAYS.

Unless the definition of "massive" was changed without my knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by JahMan1: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
@OP is not mistaken.
That is the state of the PH-Enugu express road.
I passed that way more than 4 times in Dec/Jan and imagine what I suffered in a dry season and compare the woes during this rainy season.
I guess Sullivan Chime patched the Enugu end of the road to make it pliable.After that you will enter hell.
I don't know who to blame again.....previous and present leadership of FG or the highly-rumored Eastern politicians that collect the contract money without executing it?
Why can't the FG insist on using JB for projects involving major roads?
Infact all the roads leading to 'Biafra' and within are all bad. Whose fault is that?
From Benin-Ore,then Abuja-Obollo-Afo,etc.
Thank God I saw signs of work on that road.
May God help us.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by duni04(m): 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
billante: Una go jump fast to go and snap where roads are bad but will turn blind eye and hiss when una pass tru d ones dat has been reconstructed and good! The benin-ore expressway,nobody is talk about that one again because it is getting better!
You're a cow! They steal our billions and leave us with useless roads and then just to make it seem like they're working, they award contracts to their friends and construct one 'patch patch' road and then fools like you will come out and clap for them in excitement, like baboons. Sorry for you and the person that brought you into the world.

1 Like

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by karlmax2: 12:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
[b][/b]@op here is what dedeike wrote dedeike:

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS BLIND HENCE YOU CAN'T SEE THE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ WITHIN ONE YEAR IN OFFICE
for your sake, I will reproduce some of his achievements as follows:

In Finance.

The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution, the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization. The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.
@op here is what dedeike wrote dedeike:

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS BLIND HENCE YOU CAN'T SEE THE OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS OF GEJ WITHIN ONE YEAR IN OFFICE

In Finance.

The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution, the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization. The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.
@op here is what dedeike wrote dedeike:

In Finance.

where in his post did u see ENUGU-PORTHARCOURT ROAD.THIS IS HOW U LIE AGAINT THE PRESIDENT NOW U WANT TO LIE AGAISNT DEDEIKE U ARE A SHAME TO UR PAY MASTER PLEASE POINT OUT TO WHERE HE MENTIONED ENUGU-PORTHHARCOURT ROAD LOSER AND AS USUAL THE VULTURES ARE ALLOVER THE THREAD

2 Likes

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dedeike: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD. From laptop squad member to Son of an honorable member, my rank just dey increase on Nairaland. One day, I will be labeled GEJ's younger brother. I' m loving this.

3 Likes

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
afam4eva: What a massive mess.

Massive re-construction indeed. Reatardeen president n his bloatd cabinet
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ballabriggs: 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
More photos biko.

Enough of the lies.

PDP has been on the Onitsha - Owerri expressway for 10 years now!!! and is yet to complete that road. As I speak to you the Uli junction part of that road that was completed as at 2008 is in a big mess today.

Lagos - Sagamu - Ore - Benin, while the Ore - Benin end might be undergoing a rehabilitation at a very slow pace, it is important to bring to notice that the Sagamu to Ore portion of that road is fast deteriorating. That part would soon be as terrible as the Ore to Benin portion. In addition some portions of the Benin to Ore road which had earlier been rehabilitated as far back as 2009 has also failed today.

Enough of these lies!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by karlmax2: 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD. From laptop squad member to Son of an honorable member, my rank just dey increase on Nairaland. One day, I will be labeled GEJ's younger brother. I' m loving this.
NO MIND THE LIERS WHERE IN DEDEIKES QUOTE DID HE MENTION ENUGU PORTHARCOURT ROAD.EVERY DAY U PEOPLE EXPOSE UR IGNORANCE. THAT IS HOW YOUR PAY MASTERS LIE ON GEJ
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by aljharem(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:

shut it, u might even be one of Beaf's ID or another Biafran Bigot just supporting anything silly
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by karlmax2: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:

In Finance.

THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE ABOVE POST THAT DEDEIKE MENTIONED ENUGU-PORTHARCOUT ROAD ARE U PEOPLE NOT ASHAMED OF UR LIE?

[b]dedeike:

In Finance.

[/b]dedeike:

In Finance.

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by bashr8: 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
that road have always been a mess since i can remember starting from IBB to OBJ to Yradua, i think we need to investigate where the fault is from , is it that FG GOVT DONT RELEASE FUNDS FOR IT Or some people pocket funds released for it, secondly someone claimed that construction is going on in some parts can they take pics next time so we can see what kind of construction they are doing cus these contractors can be funny at .
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by bashr8: 12:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
alj harem:

shut it, u might even be one of Beaf's ID or another Biafran Bigot just supporting anything silly
your very stupid , what do you mean by that , dumb yoruba boy, what did obasanjo do during his regime? why didnt tribalism allow him fix the roads plus the ibadan road you people are crying about? anumani

3 Likes

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by solomonkane(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike: Let me press the rewind button so as to put to shame all these shameless hirelings.

finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, rehabilitation of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by kaiye007: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike: Let me press the rewind button so as to put to shame all these shameless hirelings.

How much did u get for this publicity?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nightshift(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
Between 1982 to 1988, it took people like me 1hr,45minutes from Enugu to Aba, aboard VW Santana, 504 or 505. A distance of about 170km, looking at these photos, I'm sure it takes over 3hrs to cover the same distance today. Nigeria's maintenance culture is unacceptable! We can't continue to destroy ourselves like that, telling lies and stealing public money at every turn. Bad job from a company called 'Setraco', which has been doing terrible reconstruction work between Okigwe to Enugu is the result of Nigeria's endemic corruption. My stomach turns when i remember that the same company won the contract to reconstruct Enugu/Abakaliki Highway. And all the Igbo pimps in Abuja sit there and watch the vibrant East turned into Somalia?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by karlmax2: 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, rehabilitation of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

AGAIN@OP AND HIS EL RUFAI 100 BLACKBERRY SQUAD TO POINT OUT WERE DEDEIKE MENTIONED ENUGU PORTHARCOUT ROAD ON HIS POST
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Claumy2(m): 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
ilugunboy: I hope guys that knows the axis quiet well will be vigilant before they start posting pictures taken elsewhere grin cheesy grin

I'm sure the picture we are seeing hardly capture the actual dilapitated state of the said Road. Have you ever been to that road? I suggest you keep quiet when you know nothing about a particular place.
GEJ isn't getting it right in this aspect. GBAM!
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by mekino22: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
It's a pity some of us are lyk Esua. They post rubbish anytime they r given #200 or more. That road is a calamity waiting to happen. No work is going on there now let alone massive. Each time SE remember voting that Ode, that road speaks volume. Death trap everywhere. Well, we are enjoying d fresh air wit cassava bread.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ballabriggs: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
I would get someone to take photos of Port Harcourt to Owerri road and Owerri to Aba road.

You all would see the sorry state of roads in that area.

Enough of the lies!!!
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
Claumy2:

I'm sure the picture we are seeing hardly capture the actual dilapitated state of the said Road. Have you ever been to that road? I suggest you keep quiet when you know nothing about a particular place.
GEJ isn't getting it right in this aspect. GBAM!

Read my post quietly..again...or you have problem with comprehensions? Let me break it down for you. I Said people that knows the area very should tell us when people like Karl Max or Dedeike (same coin IMO) starts posting other roads under construction elsewhere and passing it off as the "Massive construction on-going on the other side"
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mandelaguy: And I passed through that same road that same road twice in 3 days between,yes the road is bad,but you will not deny the fact that on the left side if you are coming to Umuahia,that road construction has started,also coming from port harcourt on the left side is massively undergoing construction,which is what Dedeike was pointing out.
Who is this maggot?
So your reason for disputing the claim of the OP is a small stretch on a road totalling about 300 km in distance?

What about the Unuahia-Okigwe axis which is virtually impassable?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by nateevs(m): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike:

Hehehe. This road is not worthy of repair right? You are reaping the rewards of exalting mediocrity. While your fellow countrymen wallow in poverty, lose millions in business and regretfully lose their lives on these sorts of roads, you are here banging drums of life time of achievement when in actual truth what we have is a sweet coated core of laxity, imbecility and grand scale incompetence.

I set high standards from what I want from our leaders. You have a long way to go to convince people like me. Cos when you are here running your mouth about the achievements on the roads, I will be asking you a question . . . Do the roads you hail as achievements resemble anything like this? If not, STFU.

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ballabriggs: 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2012
Now we can see why they want to ban the social media.

Without the social media, their lies would go unchecked.

They would have been feeding us tales of their "achievements" via NTA.

More photos please.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari’s Government Should Create Ministry Of Lagos Affairs – Legislator / APC Senators-elect Oppose Zoning NASS Positions To Individuals / Abdullah Yusuf Diverted Benue Palliatives To Kano - Benue State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.