Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? (27346 Views)

Tompolo Not Bigger Than Nigeria; He Must Be Arrested – Keyamo / Photo: Is This D Most Annoying Man In Nigeria As People Said ? / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 9:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
mikolo80:
(Your education) my dad not Nigeria ....

Did Nigeria not provide the schools/universities? Where did your dad make the money to send you to school? Not Nigeria? If your dad had been born in Niger republic or Chad, he might have been a cattle herder. Do you know there are countries in Africa where the literacy rate is under 25% as opposed to Nigeria with nearly 80% literacy rate, courtesy of govt. investment in mass education since independence? Your import-based business, who are your primary customers? Not Nigerians? Why not relocate to Mali and start an import-based business and see how many customers you'll get? Fact is you HAVE benefited from being a Nigerian, whether you want to admit it or not. Even as you are now, the sheer size, wealth, and spending power of the Nigerian consumer market means that virtually any business you start here will succeed if you put your mind to it. Can't say the same if you're in Sierra Leone or Guinea!

1 Like

Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by mikolo80: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
Rossikk:

Did Nigeria not provide the schools/universities? Where did your dad make the money to send you to school? Not Nigeria? If your dad had been born in Niger republic or Chad, he might have been a cattle herder. Do you know there are countries in Africa where the literacy rate is under 25% as opposed to Nigeria with nearly 80% literacy rate, courtesy of govt investment in mass education? Your import based business, who are your primary customers? Not Nigerians? Why not relocate to Mali and start an import based business and see how many customers you'll get? Fact is you HAVE benefited from being a Nigerian, whether you want to admit it or not. Even as you are now, the sheer size and wealth of the Nigerian market means that virtually any business you start will succeed if you put your mind to it. Can't say the same if you're in Sierra Leone or Guinea!

I understand you're playing devils advocate.
I do same myself.
But Liechtenstein has population of less than 80 000
Doesn't stop them from prospering.
We are better than some very unfortunate countries but that doesn't mean we should pound our chest instead of moving forward
Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
mikolo80:
I understand you're playing advocate.
I do same myself.
But Liechtenstein has population of less than 80 000
Doesn't stop them from prospering.
We are better than some very unfortunate countries but that doesn't mean we should pound our chest instead of moving forward

Dude, it's not about pounding one's chest. It's about recognising (which you failed to do) the opportunities and potential that being a Nigerian offers you. If you fail to recognise that, then there's no hope for you. The minute you recognise it, you can become the next Dangote. Or INNOSON. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by mikolo80: 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Rossikk:

Dude, it's not about pounding one's chest. It's about recognising (which you failed to do) the opportunities and potential that being a Nigerian offers you. If you fail to recognise that, then there's no hope for you. The minute you recognise it, you can become the next Dangote. Or INNOSON. A word is enough for the wise.
of course there is maximum potential.
Too much potential sef
But we should also be realistic about SWOT analysis.
We can do positive things doesn't mean the 'situation is honky dory
Very very far from it
Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
mikolo80:
of course there is maximum potential.
Too much potential sef
But we should also be realistic about SWOT analysis.
We can do positive things doesn't mean the 'situation is honky dory
Very very far from it

No country is 'honky dory'. Not even the USA. Admitting that your country has something going for it is not saying it is all 100% smooth. It doesn't have to be an 'either/or' situation. Most of the world comprises... grey areas.
Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by mikolo80: 1:54am On Oct 31, 2016
Rossikk:

No country is 'honky dory'. Not even the USA. Admitting that your country has something going for it is not saying it is all 100% smooth. It doesn't have to be an 'either/or' situation. Most of the world comprises... grey areas.
OK OK OK I Gerrit, we are not zero level but we are heading there. No positive index for now. Everything is going down, nothing is moving up. Nollywood is stagnant, 4G internet Don turn jamb kweshion, farmers are too old to farm and graduates are unemployable. The odds arestacked bros but I think we can fix it.
Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2016
Rossikk:

One thing we are certainly not short on, is TOUGH TALK. To ourselves mind you grin

1 Like

Re: I Thought People Said India Is Better Than Nigeria? by Ratello: 5:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
401kk:
But due to their huge population, the positives tend to eclipse the negatives. Hundreds of millions of indians are poor to the teeth, same with china. There are about 200 million homeless people in china. But they don't broadcast this, they only show the positive side of their countries, something Nigerians wouldn't like to do.
We also have homeless people in US too in their huge numbers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambode Walks Against Sexual, Gender Based Violence / Buratai Orders Evacuation Of Stranded Passengers On Maiduguri-damboa Road / $9m Cash Discovered In Paul Boroh's House, EFCC Arrests Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.