Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK (21798 Views)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by fankasibe: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
justwise:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/july/46-student-arrival
u forgot to tell the students never to come back to Nigeria due to Boko haram, Kidnappers, and witch-crafts from wicked step mothers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by tissot84: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2012
FutureDon:

Get your facts right, some Universities in US and Canada demands proof of English Language proficiency from prospective Students. Let me ask politely, have you ever been to the UK before? you seem to know everything about that Country smiley

Yes canada and Us ask for proof of English and u can use ur ssce for it but Uk u need to write an exam
Oga mih Noooo O I never reach the place. All na dem say dem grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by FutureDon(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
tissot84:

Yes canada and Us ask for proof of English and u can use ur ssce for it but Uk u need to write an exam

grin grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by adewasco2k(m): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
tissot84:

funny grin grin grin grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Ninilowo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
tissot84: who still dey apply to UK. Make una bone dem for like 3years make dem know say khaki no bi leather. U guys should try CANADA or US Jooooor oh and let the white British racist keep their country to themselves. I dnt even blame them when our government are destroying the educational systems. God Dey.
If you are still going to UK I wish u GOODLUCK shocked so when you get to the airport u must be PATIENCE embarassed.

Good luck and not GOODLUCK.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Ninilowo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
Billyonaire: UK, so stagnant a place. Why do people love this UK so much ?
Abeg help me ask them ooo.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Ninilowo(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
London guana!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by henrychubayo: 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Joe Nketo: Pls nairalist direct me on how to get international passport I hope to study in Cyprus
You don't know where to get passport but you want to go to cyprus to do what? If you don't know where to get an international passport, then you are not qualified to travel. Better get more info about traveling and the challenges surrounding it before making it to cyprus
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
fankasibe:
u forgot to tell the students never to come back to Nigeria due to Boko haram, Kidnappers, and witch-crafts from wicked step mothers.

grin grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
bayooooooo: There is nothing in UK again. Apply to US and Canadian Universities.

You will say the same thing when you get to Canada or US, they don't pick money on street of those countries.

3 Likes

Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by brixton: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
In addition,you should avoid being in possession of peadophile materials such as magazines or video that gives one away as a child sex abuser
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Ezeufi: 7:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
Agege bread or obe eran is allowed into the uk. Be careful though with the immigration officials as they may still them and eat them, then they will tell you that they just confiscate them.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
bayooooooo: There is nothing in UK again. Apply to US and Canadian Universities.

The UK tinz don tire me sef.
Their economy is grossly dependent on Education (foreign students) and still doing all these....our Mother!
Their eyes go sharpen soon!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
UNLEASHED:

If not for the recent measures imposed on international student visa, I see nothing wrong with studying in the UK if you're mentally and financially up for it. There are loads of US citizen who came here to study and of which I know about 7 of them so what's your point Mr.?

Financially..its so ripping off compared to other universities.
The work permit is even a mirage...UK is not what its used to be......
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
UNLEASHED:

If not for the recent measures imposed on international student visa, I see nothing wrong with studying in the UK if you're mentally and financially up for it. There are loads of US citizen who came here to study and of which I know about 7 of them so what's your point Mr.?

FINANCIALLY..its so ripping off compared to other universities.
Well, they depend on Education for the survival of their economy.
The work permit is even a mirage...
One might be frustrated at the end of the end when hopes are not met....MENTALITY!
UK is not what its used to be......
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2012
Baba Ibada: Nice one justwise. You can bring fish of up 20kg if you are fish type but don't try meat. I had all my meat seized in May but the immigration officer told me nothing 's wrong with fish. Bring a maximum of 10 packs of 20 cigarettes (200 sticks), as for lighter, you should be ready to bribe Nigerian immigration to be allowed to bring it on board coz they took mine from me when I was coming here in May but never mind you will always get ur ciga lit up at any appropriate time and places.
More importantly brace up for rigorous studies where plagiarism is a sacrilege, copying and pasting will land you in trouble and proper time management will be a big plus. Save for few lucky ones surviving on part-time job is a myth here as you may not get one any quickly if not at all. Before you resign from where you're working now in Nigeria create a good impression such that if there would be any need to go back there you wouldn't have any problem coz after your studies you may just find out that going back home would be the best option. Did I just say I am packing my stuffs? Good luck fellas.

What are u gonna be doing after studies?.....No work in England, and d available ones are reserved for her citizens.
SMH for pple clamoring for that place.....though they are indisputably good academically, but now being overrated!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by SirP1: 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2012
swiftycool:

It means police may catch u & ur peeps in UK for wearing those Aba made designer imposters clothes! Simples grin

I pity those who only have Aba made clothing in their boxed grin.
I thÍnk everyone should watch an episode of Border Force, it helps you learn
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2012
FutureDon:

Get your facts right, some Universities in US and Canada demands proof of English Language proficiency from prospective Students. Let me ask politely, have you ever been to the UK before? you seem to know everything about that Country smiley

Never or always been there changes nothing.
Fact will always be fact anywhere if gathered accurately!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
FutureDon:

grin grin

That he has never been to UK is what u wanna confirm....SMH!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
justwise:

You will say the same thing when you get to Canada or US, they don't pick money on street of those countries.

Its not a matter of money, but being legally flexible without fear of the unknown!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
ayobase:

One might be frustrated at the end of the end when hopes are not met....MENTALITY!

Where did you get that from?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Dharkchild: 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
I trend to see things from a lil diff perspective tho. The primary focus of studying abroad (USA, UK, Canada) is the quality standard of education "knowledge". If the quality of education in Nigeria was good then most of us would not even go out in the first case.

If we all unanimously agree that the quality of eduction in the UK is of high standard as that seems to be like their only export commodity, then I see no reason why one shouldn't study there of u can afford it.

Success is not location dependent but the application of an acquired knowledge.

We are going to learn and not running away. If an opportunity presents itself after studies, take it hence create it or come home and apply that you have learnt.

1 Like

Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Dharkchild: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
tissot84:

[b][/b]

Not true
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by waja(m): 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Can some one tell us the best way of paying sch. fees, on an off campus accomodation, which is better? The amount one should estimate for masters?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2012
waja: Can some one tell us the best way of paying sch. fees, on an off campus accomodation, which is better? The amount one should estimate for masters?

Ask those questions here https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
abeg guys me go like canada but I dey look fr school wey go take 2.6/5 cos all d uk schools wey I dey choose I no really enjoi there course content na msc comp. Science anybodi
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by vicoloni(m): 10:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
Pls my sister already have her student visa and intends to travel to Uk NEXT WEEK. The problem is that shes heavily pregnant. Would she be allowed to fly? If yes, what documents does she need to arm herself with. Thanks NL friends.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
vicoloni: Pls my sister already have her student visa and intends to travel to Uk NEXT WEEK. The problem is that shes heavily pregnant. Would she be allowed to fly? If yes, what documents does she need to arm herself with. Thanks NL friends.

Did she disclose to the UK embassy during her visa application about her pregnancy?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
please will my honey be siezed by immigration while traveling to uk? I don't take sugar
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 11:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
miko11: please will my honey be siezed by immigration while traveling to uk? I don't take sugar

I doubt, how big is the honey?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by UNLEASHED(m): 11:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
ayobase:

Seems you only read my earlier post but you didn't interpret it before you clicked the reply button. I'm not asking prospective students to come and invest in UK universities. I said IF you are financially and mentally up for it. Different strokes for different folks, while some people think it's rip off, some doesn't really care and willing to pay whatever to acquire good education, so you have no point for saying studying in the UK is a rip off.
And I mean "mentally" in the sense of intellectual standards, plus the quoted text in bold shows the level of your ignorance Mr. #No hard feelings wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? / Nigerian Woman Arrested By Indian Police, With Her 2 Children, Cries Out (video) / USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.