Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK (21799 Views)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 02, 2012
justwise:

I doubt, how big is the honey?

Just about a litre
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by kheart(m): 4:52am On Aug 02, 2012
As for me i dont give a damn about the country and wont waste my resources there either.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 6:08am On Aug 02, 2012
UNLEASHED:

Seems you only read my earlier post but you didn't interpret it before you clicked the reply button. I'm not asking prospective students to come and invest in UK universities. I said IF you are financially and mentally up for it. Different strokes for different folks, while some people think it's rip off, some doesn't really care and willing to pay whatever to acquire good education, so you have no point for saying studying in the UK is a rip off.
And I mean "mentally" in the sense of intellectual standards, plus the quoted text in bold shows the level of your ignorance Mr. #No hard feelings wink

Just hear urself out ''Mr. #No hard feelings''
U can only look, but cant see...so u cant see that their economy is partially based on income from education sector...what a pity!
Compared to indegeneous students, is that not a mere ''rip-off''?
Tax!
Even football also.
Do u know the amount the government make from these sectors at all.
I cant blame ur ingorance more!
About the mentality (psychological) aspects, somepple I know&read r now regretting so many things....CHANGES over the yrs!
UK is a place u will enjoy if u are well equipped with money, and not for the averages, or else........

@@modified@@
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 8:17am On Aug 02, 2012
justwise:

Where did you get that from?

The tax collector will tell u!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by kaiye007: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2012
Joe Nketo: Pls nairalist direct me on how to get international passport I hope to study in Cyprus
Hey dont come to cyprus to study. That place is a hell! Im telling u this from the experience for the guys that have study there. U better go to USA, Canada or western europe to study, this places will pay u off than cyprus.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by JoeNketo: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2012
I'm yung guy dat nid knowledge on how to get international passport. Pls don't tel me to quit jst help me out as a fellow nairalist dat which to go to Cyprus 4 study due to condition.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by UNLEASHED(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

The UK tinz don tire me sef.
Their economy is grossly dependent on Education (foreign students) and still doing all these....our Mother!
Their eyes go sharpen soon!

ayobase:

Just hear urself out ''Mr. #No hard feelings''
U can only look, but cant see...so u cant see that their economy is partially based on income from education sector...what a pity!
Compared to indegeneous students, is that not a mere ''rip-off''?
Tax!
Even football also.
Do u know the amount the government make from these sectors at all.
I cant blame ur ingorance more!
About the mentality (psychological) aspects, somepple I know&read r now regretting so many things....CHANGES over the yrs!
UK is a place u will enjoy if u are well equipped with money, and not for the averages, or else........

@@modified@@

I need to ask you some questions Mr.
Dont you think you contradicted yourself in the above text in bold? Are you still so blind and you can't see that I'm not imploring prospective student to come and invest here only if they can afford it?
Is studying in US or Canada relatively cheaper than UK?
How come you know so much about the UK system?
Must you reply to all post?
Finally, how daft are you?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 9:57am On Aug 02, 2012
UNLEASHED:

Dont you think you contradicted yourself in the above text in bold? Are you still so blind and you can't see that I'm not imploring prospective student to come and invest here only if they can afford it?

He knows nothing, just random contradictions
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

Tax collector told you that UK economy depends on money from foreign students?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by UNLEASHED(m): 10:04am On Aug 02, 2012
justwise:

Tax collector told you that UK economy depends on money from foreign students?

grin grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by chy22(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

young man which tax collector are u talking about. Go do ur research well joor
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2012
UNLEASHED:

Look at this slowpoke.
Thought u should know better since u have been there right from foetus, but.....
''......How come you know so much about the UK system?
......''
I have been waiting for u to ask that stupid question.
Must I live in an economy before knowing MORE about it.
U r a disgrace.
Foreign students pay four times money paid by the indegenes.
About 500,000 foreign students yearly, but depreciated this yr.
Almost 50% shortage from india this yr, let alone of other schools.
UK makes about £5bn from these students yearly.
Do u know what this is to UK economy.
Letter has been written to the authorities to compromise judgement with mercy with respect to strictness over student visa.
500,000 students?
Apart from tuition fees, do u know the added advantages on the economy.
U can now relate my GROSS and PARTIAL if u sagacious as ur dog thinks!
I wont be surprised if u r my youngest sibling!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 10:15am On Aug 02, 2012
UNLEASHED:

Must you reply to all post?.....

Replying post like urs is to correct u....what were u thinking before replying me with that....''he shld be one of the daft people like me on NL''?
I have just seen how intelligent u are!
KUDOS!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2012
UNLEASHED:

Im sure u know the ''how'' now!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by richeyy(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2012
Joe Nketo: I'm yung guy dat nid knowledge on how to get international passport. Pls don't tel me to quit jst help me out as a fellow nairalist dat which to go to Cyprus 4 study due to condition.

Getting an e-passport is relatively easy. Visit NIS website @ www [dot] Immigration [dot] gov [dot] ng and you'll see a list of their offices. I know there is one on 3rd Avenue, Festac Town and another one in Obalende, Ikoyi. Best wishes in Cyprus
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2012
miko11:

Just about a litre

I don't know if this is done at the airport in Nigeria but there are certain amount of liquid you are allowed to carry, body lotion, perfume, mouthwash. . .etc, package the honey very well and put it in your check-in luggage and hopefully you will be allowed to take it.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 10:32am On Aug 02, 2012
justwise:

He knows nothing, just random contradictions

U sure didnt do ur assignment!.
So relating GROSS and PARTIAL is an issue for una!
SMH.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Chaoga: 10:41am On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

Look at this slowpoke.
Thought u should know better since u have been there right from foetus, but.....
''......How come you know so much about the UK system?
......''
I have been waiting for u to ask that stupid question.
Must I live in an economy before knowing MORE about it.
U r a disgrace.
Foreign students pay four times money paid by the indegenes.
About 500,000 foreign students yearly, but depreciated this yr.
Almost 50% shortage from india this yr, let alone of other schools.
UK makes about £5bn from these students yearly.
Do u know what this is to UK economy.
Letter has been written to the authorities to compromise judgement with mercy with respect to strictness over student visa.
500,000 students?
Apart from tuition fees, do u know the added advantages on the economy.
U can now relate my GROSS and PARTIAL if u sagacious as ur dog thinks!
I wont be surprised if u r my youngest sibling!

Oh so you've contacted Wiki or the likes to get your facts? Nevertheless, Can't you just stop disgracing and embarrassing yourself on here? Can't you see no one quoted you right on here? Shows how re.tarded you seem to be. Can't you see the point UNLEASHED is trying to point out? He is clearly not debating with you on where UK get their income from or how income generated annually from international students affects UK's economy. This is how morons like your silly head fails exams. He is just saying if prospective students can afford to study in the UK. If you're way too blind, I guess you should make use of the lantern on your profile picture.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by UNLEASHED(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2012
Chaoga:

Oh so you've contacted Wiki or the likes to get your facts? Nevertheless, Can't you just stop disgracing and embarrassing yourself on here? Can't you see no one quoted you right on here? Shows how re.tarded you seem to be. Can't you see the point UNLEASHED is trying to point out? He is clearly not debating with you on where UK get their income from or how income generated annually from international students affects UK's economy. This is how morons like your silly head fails exams. He is just saying if prospective students can afford to study in the UK. If you're way too blind, I guess you should make use of the lantern on your profile picture.

I literally gave up on this half-wit numbskull that's always bringing up senseless and illogical facts. But you said it all.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
UNLEASHED:

I literally gave up on this half-wit numbskull that's always bringing up senseless and illogical facts. But you said it all.

''...always....''? For how long have you been following me like bingo?
Ur point was well noted right from onset. U just decided to flex ur muscle, but u r not up to the task
I quoted u without antagonizing ur point, but adding mine perception abt the system, but u bolded a part of my comment u were not sure of.
I went extra mile to educate u, but u caledl me those.
U r such a first class nincompoop!
Im certain u are yet to accept those facts!
Discussion begets discussion...thats what just happened!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by ayobase(m): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
Chaoga:

U r a coward.
So, surfing through profiles is what determines ur courage....u disappointed me.
And ur sense of judgement tells how stupid u are.
GBOROMIRO!
U just came in here and started yapping like bingo.
If I may ask u, do u get ur pieces of information from the pluto?
Let me not waste my precious time on u!
U are now publicized...enjoy!
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Chaoga: 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
@ayobase
I still haven't seen any sense in your rants so far, I'm sure no one has. So why don't you just shut your gob? You'll do just fine at the joke section.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by UNLEASHED(m): 12:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Chaoga: @ayobase
I still haven't seen any sense in your rants so far, I'm sure no one has. So why don't you just shut your gob? You'll do just fine at the joke section.

grin grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
@just wise,how much should a student budget per annum to study and work(either during study or after) in the UK?
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by vicoloni(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
@Justwise, her case is a bit complicated. she got a 1 year visa in Oct 2011 which expires in Nov 2012, she was unable to enroll for the course in 2012 due to logistics reason and the school magnanimously defered her admission. Now, this year's session starts by sept 2012 and she intends to travel with her visa which is still valid till November. The pregnancy was unexpected and shes now heavy. Will she be allowed to enter UK. She intends to deliver her baby there if allowed in. Please advise.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
vicoloni: @Justwise, her case is a bit complicated. she got a 1 year visa in Oct 2011 which expires in Nov 2012, she was unable to enroll for the course in 2012 due to logistics reason and the school magnanimously defered her admission. Now, this year's session starts by sept 2012 and she intends to travel with her visa which is still valid till November. The pregnancy was unexpected and shes now heavy. Will she be allowed to enter UK. She intends to deliver her baby there if allowed in. Please advise.

Her problems are more than you think! shocked

She cant use that visa to study it expires in Nov 12!
Just because it is august doesnt mean she can just go like that. Defering admission would also mean she would re-apply for a new student visa valid for the new course duration.
The airline would be doing her a favor by not letting her board the plane from Nigeria, if not it is at Point of Entry that Border agency will send her back on the next flight back to Nigeria pregnant or not.
By the way this is the wrong thread for this
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by worry359(m): 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
vicoloni
I can see two problems
If the original visa was for study starting last year and she defered the course the the visa has probably been automaticaly cancelled.
If shee is pregnant then before she even boards an aircraft or on landing in UK someone will need to see that she can pay health care for birth.

I think no chance
She needs new visa with letter from school
School will need to know that she will loose time for birth and she needs hospital money as well as study and maintenance money.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by worry359(m): 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sorry salsera beat me to it grin
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Temistatics 007: @just wise,how much should a student budget per annum to study and work(either during study or after) in the UK?

If you have the stipulated amount stated in student visa rule then you will be ok. If your school is in London then its £9000 a yr and if your school is outside London its £7200.
Re: Important Advice To Students Coming To The UK by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
vicoloni: @Justwise, her case is a bit complicated. she got a 1 year visa in Oct 2011 which expires in Nov 2012, she was unable to enroll for the course in 2012 due to logistics reason and the school magnanimously defered her admission. Now, this year's session starts by sept 2012 and she intends to travel with her visa which is still valid till November. The pregnancy was unexpected and shes now heavy. Will she be allowed to enter UK. She intends to deliver her baby there if allowed in. Please advise.

She will not be allowed by the airline. Its not even practical, when will she have time to study if she give birth just after arriving?
Her visa is almost gone and she is heavily pregnant, she will not be allowed to enter into the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail? / Nigerian Woman Arrested By Indian Police, With Her 2 Children, Cries Out (video) / USA Visa: Nigerian Investors, Others To Pay More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.