Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics (21164 Views)

Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Flaunts Allegiance With Biafran Struggle / I Traded With Biafran Pounds Just Yesterday- Gbenga Osinaike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by ITbomb(m): 9:35am On Aug 01, 2012
yemmy19: We shall introduce a 10man-committee to look into †̥hα̲̅†̥.....shikenah cheesy cheesy grin
Yes we need a Committee on this
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by pendusky(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2012
then beijing was better!
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by DExplorer1: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2012
munaco: THEY APOLOGISED TO NORTH KOREA BUT NOT A WORD OF SORRY HAS BEEN AIRED IN THE TV, IT'S PURE INSULT AND OUR HIGH COMMISSION IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT. IN SHORT WE DON'T KNOW THE SIGNIFICANCE
Present your source dude

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by MacLovington(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2012
ideylaff:

Stop over reacting... its got nothing to do with 9 Billion. ATOS Origin are running the systems.. heads will roll, people will be reprimanded unlike us
where noting ever happens.

Where was your president @ the opening ceremony.... hed rather go to jamaican Carnival with his wife..

Mispalced priorities

Why dont you google up major Olympic gaffes and see this is not an isolated event...

See who's talking. I have been a victim of British bureaucratic inefficiency and incompetence that ruined my family holiday among other things. To the point that I treat their officers as if children are in charge. If you are not meticulous yourself, you may see their error-prone ways as normal.

Maybe you still over-rate their system. So was my wife when she was still new here. Until she saw things for herself.

Goodluck is not hosting any olympics, London is and I prefer him to go and deal with other majority black nations than siphone more money to England, with an entourage of 320 people, all being lodged in expensive London hotels.

No head will roll. Here is just advanced Naija.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by sluvy4tune(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2012
federal government will set up a committee to look into that after which their reports and findings will be examine by another committee !!!!
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by megareal: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2012
...yet they look down their smelly noses on us! So they too can make mistakes! Gross incompetence is attributed to Naija and Africa only. I know mistakes are bound to happen but if it were to be in Africa would they see it as what it is; a mistake? Would they understand? Wouldn't we be the butt of jokes in every media house? Wouldn't they dredge up irrelevant histories just to prove that Africa is a continent filled with misfits?
f-u-k/-i-n whites....
f/kin colonial masters!!!!
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:40am On Aug 01, 2012
I have a feeling dat London Olympic is going to be one of de worst Olympic in modern era
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by wizzmc: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2012
that one good now......it show d way we are @home..... re we not representd by our own pple n our own country?....
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Vicjay1(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2012
Its simple. We go around d world calling Nigeria as Naija which sounds lyk Niger. They had no choice. Funny enough, these so london olympic isnt intresting @all compare to Belgin. Who non come get money pay N1000 for dstv, no go watch olympic. London 2 lyk money.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by MacLovington(m): 9:49am On Aug 01, 2012
Vic-jay:
Its simple. We go around d world calling Nigeria as Naija which sounds lyk Niger. They had no choice. Funny enough, these so london olympic isnt intresting @all compare to Belgin. Who non come get money pay N1000 for dstv, no go watch olympic. London 2 lyk money.

Britain is commonly called Blighty. I have never seen anyone replace their flag with Belarus or Biafra flag.

No my friend. Mostly likely you don't speak French but Niger is pronounced "Neejair" internationally, so nothing to do with Naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by kokoA(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2012
Diya Dayo: One thing i see about this is that Nigeria is a confused country so i just believe that the spirit of that confusion as gone with us to the Olympic game and it has affected our flag display. may God help out from this traumatic situation.

sad sad sadPeople dey born children sha embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2012
This is the handiwork of Queen Elizabeth.Something tells me she is still interested in direct re-colonization of Nigeria. angry
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Skywalker5(m): 9:56am On Aug 01, 2012
Diya Dayo: One thing i see about this is that Nigeria is a confused country so i just believe that the spirit of that confusion as gone with us to the Olympic game and it has affected our flag display. may God help out from this traumatic situation.

haha grin grin grin Wahala wa oo. The Olympic committee in UK made a mistake, still you believe its Nigeria's fault. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by MacLovington(m): 9:58am On Aug 01, 2012
Ucheosefoh: I have a feeling dat London Olympic is going to be one of de worst Olympic in modern era

It already is in my opinion. I'll probably just keep my tickets as souvenir and not go. If the kids will let me that is.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by odocity: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2012
They are just trying to paint d countries bad image white even when the country is bad.If you like wear monkey coat or suite,monkey is still monkey.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2012
odocity: They are just trying to paint d countries bad image white even when the country is bad.If you like wear monkey coat or suite,monkey is still monkey.

So how does being black translates to being a monkey ? You are one sick sonovabitch.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by DExplorer1: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2012
~Bluetooth:

This is the handiwork of Queen Elizabeth.Something tells me she is still interested in direct re-colonization of Nigeria. angry
Clown, when is your next performance

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Clown, when is your next performance

Duh
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by DExplorer1: 10:24am On Aug 01, 2012
Ucheosefoh: I have a feeling dat London Olympic is going to be one of de worst Olympic in modern era
In as much as you're entitled to your opinion, NL needs to create a dislike button for your kind.

Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by andrewza: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2012
Actual these games are great. But that because I look at the sports that what the games are about.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by DExplorer1: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2012
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by carlfine: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2012
this is serious ooooooooooo...........
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by friedrice1: 10:31am On Aug 01, 2012
This is obviously the reason we ve been performing woefully at the Olympics
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by andrewza: 10:34am On Aug 01, 2012
fried-rice:
This is obviously the reason we ve been performing woefully at the Olympics
you can say that. Dose not make it true though.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

You don't even know

Hit me
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by searay(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2012
I'm not surprise, they started as a joke and will end up being a joke.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Detongue: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2012
Why dem nor put American flag
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Presius(m): 10:47am On Aug 01, 2012
Seriously! Should i place a comment.. Who colonized Nigeria? This is indeed a serious blow.. Seriously it is...
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by noiseless: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2012
Why complaining, is nigeria not made by britain(LORD LUGARD)? they can change and remodel it to whatever they want as long as it remains their creation, so better do your complainings in things that will really help you.
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by dont8(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2012
If it is Nigeria to be precise, GEJ for don suffer for Nlanders' hand.
nerodenero: Some explanations need to be done.If it is a human error,then the fellow should be held accountable or even sacked.If na African do dis now,dem go say we b 3rd world country and we shouldnt have been given the right to host.Nonsense!!!
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by Yellowface: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2012
you will be shocked that lots of people outside naija do not know the difference. I witness a situation here in turkey some months back where a body incharge of foreign students in turkey printed a program banner with Niger flag appearing for naija. The point is this my fellow nıgerians we need to love,respect an dispaly and our flag more not just in schools and government offices. For instance here in Turkey yoyu see them with flags by windows of homes,dashboards of cars,shoppıng malls nd even shoe cobblers and snack sellers carrying theır country flag all around. whatis your attitude of you and ı towards the green white green?
Shaw007: Seriously how can this possibly happen Nigeria's flag is one of the most conspicous one in the olympics infact in d word"Green-white-green" its that simple and straightforward. . .its either someone did it on puporse 2 make Britain or Nigeria Look bad or some Machine or human error. ..BOTTOM LINE-The host is disgraced and disorganized(London right?) grin
Re: Nigerian Flag Replaced with Biafran Flag At The 2012 Olympics by maasoap(m): 11:24am On Aug 01, 2012
camary: where re d haters of GEJ. I tink he shud b held responsible 4d flag swap grin
This is the one of the reasons you need to examine your head and realise that those that criticize Jonathan are not doing so for the fun of it. Infact, majority of them actually voted for him during the last year election but you, GEJ apologists can't stand it when people criticize him genuinely. Is it a crime to criticize our president? Get a life and stop being a dog.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deadly Militants Will Emerge To Replace Tompolo – Youth Leader Warns Buhari / Mc Oluomo Dead? / Labour Party Crisis: Court Orders Substituted Service On Peter Obi's Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.