Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts (9195 Views)

Dear PMB, Fighting Corruption Is Not A Fiscal Responsibility, By Tony Osborg / CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / Kano Tops 2012-2013 Fiscal Responsibility List In Budget Discipline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by dasparrow: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
Our dear Nigeria's future looks gloomy. I feel so sorry for all the innocent souls that will be brought into this world in Nigeria. Our leaders have mortgaged their future.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
Gbawe:

Precisely. The other thing you need to know about most GEJ fans on NL is that they are the most emotional, petty and paranoid creatures existing. Very poor examples of men if you ask me. In fact, I suspect most of them suffer from PMT 24/7.

Like market women, they prefer attacking personalities dramatically instead of addressing the issues at hand which ,ultimately, is not the making of any of us on Nairaland. Imagine a scenario where the President himself, unforced, made a pledge that the Boko Haram menace would end by June. When this broken pledge is now highlighted here as a failing of an inept President, all the childish brats supporting GEJ can do is to attack other Nairalanders with insults. They do this in a desperate and frustrated effort to mask the fact that others got it right by stating empathically that GEJ is a failure.

That is to be expected when
1. Their support is based on primordial reasons
2. Those who employed them are treating public relations just like they treat their fiscal responsibilities - Incompetently and lacking in direction.

That is why a dolt will refer to lawyers, who are reminding the president of his fiscal responsibilities, as charge and bail lawyers.

Gbawe:

@Topic.

Lets just say that GEJ's fiscal irresponsibility and poor management of Nigeria's wealth is best described as the regretable folly of putting a drunkard in charge of a drinking bar.

grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam: Jobless charge and bail lawyers. Mtchewww. Eedddiioootsss

Surely it would be better to either remain quiet or try to understand the motivation of the lawyers before resorting to name-calling.

What do you understand by fiscal responsibility?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by 2mch(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

Surely it would be better to either remain quiet or try to understand the motivation of the lawyers before resorting to name-calling.

What do you understand by fiscal responsibility?

You want to give him brain hemorrhage? These guys are only paid to write what they are told, they are not paid to think.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pataki: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam: Jobless charge and bail lawyers. Mtchewww. Eedddiioootsss
The day Retardeen is finally kicked out of his post, we would stop seeing your malodorous personality on this forum.

@ topic,

There is nothing new again with GEJ. I am extremely proud that right thinking Nigerians are pursuing the right course to ensuring that the role of the Presidency is not about eating one billion naira yearly cassava bread.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by ochallo: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
berem: Wetin consign me? undecided

This is the kind of attitude that has ruined Nigeria in the past and brought us to this present position.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by JimmyBoy1: 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
It seems you have to harrass GEJ to do his job befoe you can get any result from him.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

That is to be expected when
1. Their support is based on primordial reasons
2. Those who employed them are treating public relations just like they treat their fiscal responsibilities - Incompetently and lacking in direction.

That is why a dolt will refer to lawyers, who are reminding the president of his fiscal responsibilities, as charge and bail lawyers.

grin

You're right. I had cause to post this on a thread on June 25, 2012.

Pukkah: The standards in Nigeria have fallen so badly to the extent that the quality of mercenaries and paid government agents is embarrassingly low. It is worrisome that such an awkward and inelegant group is the one that has been recruited to pour encomiums on the government. Generally speaking, the group lacks tact, style, and panache.

Rather than adopt the honourable way of defending their principal, master, and patron - President Jonathan, either by refuting the misconceptions about him (with facts) and/or regaling us with his achievements; these unthinking apologists and robotic minions resort to mudslinging, character assassination and outright lies. Whenever they are beaten at their game of shenanigans, they simply change their dirty antics by going for red herring and other diversionary tactics. In their folly, they totally forget that their master and patron is an elected official and so is and should not be immune from criticisms.

Curiously, there are several of these permanently-biased posters in circulation - no thanks to the battered economy which has produced millions of under-employed, unemployed and unemployable youths. For most of them, now popularly and derisively tagged ’40 laptop group’, their posts on this forum stand out in their unparalleled idiocy, unbridled partisanship, and unprecedented sycophancy. Again, for this group, their posts reek of all sorts of errors, which make you conclude that their recruitment process must have been as arbitrary and handled in the same manner in which their principal is running the country. This kind of development is not good for our country and it is a sad commentary on the general state of affairs which, ironically, they are stupidly defending.

One of them did have the misfortune to come across me days ago on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/994976/reps-threaten-impeach-president-goodluck/4#11531344. Faced with obvious defeat after intense walloping, he abandoned the thread and fled with his tail between his legs. This type of fleeing or volte face, after a woeful performance, is unflattering for a supposed mercenary. Such a person is too shallow, lily-livered, and unintelligent to engage unpaid, genuinely-concerned, and passion-driven citizens.

My word to this group, and their leader, is that they should up their game and conduct themselves in a respectable manner. We need intelligent and hard-hitting people as government spokespersons and not oafs, knuckleheads and common party hooligans. We need eggheads that can sift the constructive criticisms out of the millions against the Mr President and pass them on for possible review and implementation for the benefit of our country; and not unthinking robots who see the President as incapable of doing any wrong. We do not need jesters and thugs who only excel at hurling insults and readily manifest their ill-breeding whenever they are intellectually challenged or defeated.

Should they choose not to carry out their ‘jobs’ respectably or in a honest manner, they should realize that every action of man shall be repaid and rewarded. Those who sow the wind shall always reap the whirlwind.

Gbawe:

Precisely. The other thing you need to know about most GEJ fans on NL is that they are the most emotional, petty and paranoid creatures existing. Very poor examples of men if you ask me. In fact, I suspect most of them suffer from PMT 24/7.

Like market women, they prefer attacking personalities dramatically instead of addressing the issues at hand which ,ultimately, is not the making of any of us on Nairaland. Imagine a scenario where the President himself, unforced, made a pledge that the Boko Haram menace would end by June. When this broken pledge is now highlighted here as a failing of an inept President, all the childish brats supporting GEJ can do is to attack other Nairalanders with insults. They do this in a desperate and frustrated effort to mask the fact that others got it right by stating empathically that GEJ is a failure.

@Topic.

Lets just say that GEJ's fiscal irresponsibility and poor management of Nigeria's wealth is best described as the regretable folly of putting a drunkard in charge of a drinking bar.

I cannot but agree with you. I need no further evidence of this from the way the GEJ fans have handled this thread.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by ifihearam: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pataki:
The day Retardeen is finally kicked out of his post, we would stop seeing your malodorous personality on this forum.

@ topic,

There is nothing new again with GEJ. I am extremely proud that right thinking Nigerians are pursuing the right course to ensuring that the role of the Presidency is not about eating one billion naira yearly cassava bread.

Pataki
U again ni??

Lips sealed

I shall address everyone of you much later
I dey come for una
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
Jimmy Boy: It seems you have to harrass GEJ to do his job befoe you can get any result from him.

Seems this is a good way to keep the man alert on what the problems are.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam:

Pataki
U again ni??

Lips sealed

I dey come for una

Why not now? You need to engage the services of someone much brighter?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by cyril83(m): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam:

Pataki
U again ni??

Lips sealed

I dey come for una
pls how old are you?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam:

Pataki
U again ni??

Lips sealed

I dey come for una

grin grin grin grin grin grin What a way to avoid a difficult topic! Abi?

**a fleeing ifihearam thinking to himself**

Make this Goodluck matter no come give me hypertension jare. cheesy Abi how much dem dey pay me sef? Dem wan make I kill myself? I don type tire since morning but these people no dey tire shocked. Those on night duty will find a way to address and spin this topic. And if they can't na those yeye Nairaland opposition sabi. Make I go find something chop jare. cool

This GEJ sef too cause many avoidable problems.

I guess you didn't expect that the job would be this tough. Phew!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

Why go personal? Personal attack shows the lack of power of reasoning. Insult is the manifestation of cluelessness. Abuse is the evidence of ill-breeding and ignorance.

I will not retaliate your bad manners. However, I hereby extend an open invitation to you to debate with me intelligently based on this thread. I am waiting.
Be blunt dude. You want me to grow your thread? Talk to me! Confirm that and hit me up.
Gbawe:

Another ACN cheap mind. I would like to take you both. Yeah, together! Do answer my question dude

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

Be blunt dude. You want me to grow your thread? Talk to me! Confirm that and hit me up.

Another ACN cheap mind. I would like to take you both. Yeah, together! Do answer my question dude

Of course I was referring to you. Was that too difficult for you to comprehend? The post quoted below is for you D-Explorer. Who is interested in the growth of whoever thread? What a vain way of thinking. Was the thread on which I vanquished you the other day my own?

Pukkah:

Why go personal? Personal attack shows the lack of power of reasoning. Insult is the manifestation of cluelessness. Abuse is the evidence of ill-breeding and ignorance.

I will not retaliate your bad manners. However, I hereby extend an open invitation to you to debate with me intelligently based on this thread. I am waiting.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Maximus85(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Maybe aunty Okonji no know. Thats why.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Cupidkc(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lets see how things unfold.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

Of course I was referring to you. Was that too difficult for you to comprehend? The post quoted below is for you D-Explorer. Who is interested in the growth of whoever thread? What a vain way of thinking. Was the thread on which I vanquished you the other day my own?

I can't believe you said that. You're a joker! Only a dunce will state a case and be the judge. Dude, you jolted, i nailed you! Bring up the thread and lets see the run down.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DAY12(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Gej again? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

I can't believe you said that. You're a joker! Only a dunce will state a case and be the judge. Dude, you jolted, i nailed you! Bring up the thread and lets see the run down.

I won't give you the opportunity to divert attention from the substantive issue. I have also ignored your muted insults.

However, pick up the gauntlet and take my challenge. Debate with me on this thread on this issue now!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Beaf: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Vulture beauty contest. Lol!
Winsh parade! grin
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

I won't give you the opportunity to divert my attention from the substantive issue. I have also ignored your muted insults.

However, pick up the gauntlet and take my challenge. Debate with me on this thread on this issue now!
You sounded like a desperado with some leverage. You don't order me dude, i'm very much busy with your kinds on the Buhari and IBB thread. Taking on you has always been fun since it reveals your increased ignorance.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Caseless: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Good! Sum1 needs 2 call dis hat-headed gej 2 order. How can u b oblivious of everytin(act,constitution inclusive) and stil preside over d affair of governance? Sue him, and if dat dosnt work we resort 2 horse-whip.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Mandelaguy(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
Witless jerks! Attention seeking buffoons! Confused legal push push! GEJ is a hot property for anyone seeking attention. I don't begrudge them their drab job.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam:

Pataki
U again ni??

Lips sealed

I dey come for una
Pls we should apply FIFA fairplay to this guy. He is empty!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mandelaguy: Witless jerks! Attention seeking buffoons! Confused legal push push! GEJ is a hot property for anyone seeking attention. I don't begrudge them their drab job.
After the insults, I tought you're going to state their wrongs.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Here are the issues to be discussed but instead of the issues being addressed, those on the 'Dark side' are resorting to name-calling and other diversionary tactics.

[b]The plaintiffs further asked the court to hold that Jonathan is duty bound to comply with the laws of the country.

They also asked the court to compel him to comply with the said laws concerning consolidated debt.

In a 19-paragraph affidavit deposed to by Aja, the plaintiffs said that the defendant swore to uphold the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and to discharge his duties in accordance with the Constitution and the law.

The noted that by the tenets of constitutional democracy and the rule of law, the President has a sacred duty to uphold the provisions of the law.

The plaintiffs averred that on July 30, 2007, the defendants’s predecessor, Umar Musa Yar’adua signed into law the Fiscal Responsibility Act, and that as at the time the said Act was signed into law, the defendant was the vice president of Nigeria.

Furthermore, they held that the Fiscal Responsibility Act was enacted to provide prudence and enhance probity in fiscal matters in the country.

They held that pursuant to the provision of the Act, the President was supposed to set overall limits for the amount of consolidated debt of the three tiers of government, not later than 90 days from the commencement of the Act.

The plaintiffs also noted Yar’Adua did not set the overall limits as provided for the law, and that Jonathan had 90 days from the date of his inauguration on May 29, 2011 to set the overall limits as stipulated by law.

Aja said, “I know for a fact that the defendant has not complied with the provision of the act in this respect.

“The House of Representatives on March 27, 2012 passed a motion urging Jonathan to implement section 42 (1) of the Fiscal Responsibility Act.

“The defendant ignored, refused and failed to implement the provision of the Act and that as it is, there is no statutory ceiling to the amount any tier of the government in Nigeria can borrow.

“The absence of a statutory ceiling for borrowing negates one of the principal objectives of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, which is to enhance the prudent management of the nation’s resources.”

“Implementing the provisions of the Act will engender fiscal discipline and promote a healthy economic environment in Nigeria.”

They also maintained that the suit was in the interest of justice and the rule of law.[/b]
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

You sounded like a desperado with some leverage. You don't order me dude, i'm very much busy with your kinds on the Buhari and IBB thread. Taking on you has always been fun since it reveals your increased ignorance.
You didn't say anything here.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

You're very much busy? Isn't that what you're paid to do?

Anyway, it's so obvious that you, or any of your ilk, have nothing sensible to say on this topic.

All of you have only behaved true to type - quick to dish out insults but extremely slow to make sense. This is very sad for those that are being paid from our commonwealth and who really have no other job other than to serve as attack dogs. Or shouldn't dogs even be expected to have some 'dog sense'?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Beaf: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2012

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

...Again: Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
These 40 laptots don't even have a lawyer. Mcheeeew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture: Beauty (Igbo) And The Beast (afonja) / Maritime Workers Begin Strike: Apapa Port, Others Shut / Inside Of Obasanjo's Ota Farm In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.