Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim (9553 Views)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls / Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Elueme: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
maclatunji:

In your "brilliance", you fail to realise that the budget is actually an Act of the National Assembly, a law in effect. It is not to be turned to the personal "pocket money" of any government official who determines what percentage of it is to be spent and then scores herself high on the percentage of the budget she spends. Do you guys think you are talking to children or nitwits?

Let me give you an analogy: Ngo is a brilliant student, she wrote English in WEC and this subject is to be written in 3 parts:

1. Objective (30%) 30 marks

2. Theory (40%) 40 marks

3. Oral English (30%) 30 marks.

After writing the 3 papers, Ngo scores the following.

1. Objective- 5marks

2. Theory- 5 marks

3. Oral - 18 marks.

Ngo keeps telling everybody that she passed Oral English with 18/30= 60% of the score in that paper. According to Ngo, this means her pronunciation and English is above average and no one should say she cannnot speak English.

It didn't take Eve a very average classmate of Ngo's much thinking to realise that with only 28% of the total score in three English papers, Ngo has failed English at WEC.

Sycophants, yes-men and apologists, tell us something else- Please!

I can see you are also one of them.. However, time ll tell.. Enjoy your believe
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DExplorer1: 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
Jambsupport: u made sense 4 1c buh dat wont change u frm Gej paid laptop guy he he he
Hey lass, this' not romance section. You can PM me when am done, i know what you want.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DExplorer1: 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2012
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by debosky(m): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
Instead of simply focusing on how much money has been spent, how has the money released been spent/applied? Has it achieved what it was intended for?

If calling for '100%' implementation simply means spending, this is not beneficial as people can conspire to steal the money as they usually do - implementation should look at what was obtained for the funds spent and not just on funds disbursed only.

The National Assembly is correct in principle, they should demand more than just how much has been spent and look at the quality/efficiency of the spending as well.

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Jambsupport(f): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Hey lass, this' not romance section. You can PM me when am done, i know what you want.
smh
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by maclatunji: 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Elueme: I can see you are also one of them.. However, time ll tell.. Enjoy your believe

Gotcha there- #Hehehe
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by warrior01: 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
maclatunji:

I hope this will be the last time you post with such stupidity on this forum. So, you want the process of budget implementation to take all the time whilst the people that are to benefit from it through project implementation continue to die and those that are alive wallow in poverty.

I have seen a lot of stupidity based posts on Nairaland but this one has to take the lead because it seeks to reduce the whole country to a joke. So, because there are corrupt elements in the National Assembly, the budget should not be implemented? What have you been consuming?
pls if you don't have anything reasonable to say why don't you shut up instead of exposing ur ignorance and bigotry. When did the national assembly pass the 2012 budget? If the woman has taken it upon herself to make sure that all the loopholes and leakages are blocked and that every money released should be properly accounted for; don't you think she should be encouraged and not villified? I believe all these ur ranting is just because the avenue you and ur cohorts used in siphoning our collective wealth is being blocked and that's why you guys are cooking up unverified lies to rubbish her good works. Ole jati jati and believe it or not; it is not going to be business as usual. Stup!d slowpoke

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by drlaykay(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2012
cutievik: I humbly wish to use this medium to reteraite here that Ngozi nd her cohorts knw exactly wat they are doing nd i wit unwavin faith belive strongly that it's for our own good,one important point we must all understand frm GEJ's administration is his firm stand on 'NO LONGER BUISNESS AS USUALLY' at least we all dis is d first tym dis informations are made public,because i see no sense in d extravagant releases of funds when at d end of it all nothing wud bi done.beta stil let's take lyf patiently and reap d benefit therein,we must stop dis our Now or Never metality if we must see realistic development.
Hey friend!I won't agree with u cos I don't think the problem with implementing projects is that the contractors get funds in a huge percentage but for the fact that contractors aren't prosecuted when they mismanage such fund.everyone has a (bad) record of the other so prosecution hangs as always.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by noiseless: 1:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
The moment you try to fight corruption mr.corruption will come out throwing everything he can think of at you just to paint you bad. Now some zombies and the ever ready opportunist hunters are now allowing their hatred for anything gej and noi to be the fuel which will help the shameless and incompetent legislooters achieve their dreams of continously decieving the people. All hail the nigerian legislooters, you really know your evil game so well and know what botton to click to have your army of zombies behind you. TUFIAKWA UNU!

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by maclatunji: 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
debosky: Instead of simply focusing on how much money has been spent, how has the money released been spent/applied? Has it achieved what it was intended for?

If calling for '100%' implementation simply means spending, this is not beneficial as people can conspire to steal the money as they usually do - implementation should look at what was obtained for the funds spent and not just on funds disbursed only.

The National Assembly is correct in principle, they should demand more than just how much has been spent and look at the quality/efficiency of the spending as well.

You have described the National Assembly's oversight functions. Until recent times, that has been reduced to a few tepid committee seatings where government officials make spurious claims and are not asked tough questions. National Assembly members would also visit MDAs and after lots of friendly banter and a very "generous" hosting of the legislators, both parties part ways and wait for the next interaction which would likely be for budget defence.

The Legislature is the least-understood arm of government in Nigeria. The common man doesn't really understand what it's job or role in his life is.

The truth is that if we are not to descend into mob action and anarchy, the National Assembly has to function effectively. Hence, we should encourage it to ask the Executive all the tough questions and exercise it's full powers. It will serve to keep the Executive on it's toes and make it perform better which is to our collective benefit.

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by warrior01: 1:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
debosky: Instead of simply focusing on how much money has been spent, how has the money released been spent/applied? Has it achieved what it was intended for?

you dey mind them? Nobody cares whether the money released so far has been properly utilised. They all want the money released without proper accountability and some certified m.orons like maclatunji would jump in to confuse the fickle minded

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by maclatunji: 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
warrior01:
pls if you don't have anything reasonable to say why don't you shut up instead of exposing ur ignorance and bigotry. When did the national assembly pass the 2012 budget? If the woman has taken it upon herself to make sure that all the loopholes and leakages are blocked and that every money released should be properly accounted for; don't you think she should be encouraged and not villified? I believe all these ur ranting is just because the avenue you and ur cohorts used in siphoning our collective wealth is being blocked and that's why you guys are cooking up unverified lies to rubbish her good works. Ole jati jati and believe it or not; it is not going to be business as usual. Stup!d slowpoke

What happened to all her "reforms" during Obasanjo's tenure? By now, she should be cruising on these sorts of things instead of fumbling. You're are a simpleton-in-thinking. That's why you think I benefit from the National Assembly financially. Why prepare a budget you are not going to implement with all of these your very ugly excuses? You don't need to answer, the question is rhetorical.

When was the Appropriatin bill presented to the National Assembly? And what role did MDAs under GEJ's watch play in delaying swift passage with request for more funds as if the President that sent the bill to NASS is from Togo not Nigeria eh?
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by yohannazack(m): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
I have since ceazed to trust okonjo. The role she and sanusii played durin subsidy removal wahala, i knw gej has infected her wit the virus. Rite frm then, when one listen to okonjo, u wl hardly pick any sense out of anytin she says. U culd see corruption clearly. To be honest here, why is she rufusin to release fund to ministries and agencies? Wat is she keepin the moneys fo? Even when we are in july? In d next few months, gudlock and his cronis wil send 2013 budget proposal to d national assembly fo aproval. In fact its unfotunate fo d kind of president we choose fo our selvs. God wl help us.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Demdem(m): 1:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dude, check the bolded and do remember that budget issue is a federal matter. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwaela is the Minister of Finance & Coordinating Min. for the Economy and ONLY her has the authority to defend documents alike and am sure Yerima been the Minister of State for Finance was there to clearify issues regarding disbursement and not 56% budget implementation.

Dude, what are u talking about? are u aware that the document in question in front of the senate emanated from ngozi's ministry. The senate didnt manufacture their own document. The contents of the ministry document angered the senators and requested her presence to defend such. what exactly is wrong with that?

The retraction is contained in documents submitted to the Senate Committee on Appropriations by officials of the finance ministry during an interactive session called by the Senate on Tuesday. The officials were not allowed to make any presentation because of the absence of Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

The documents clearly show that the 2012 budget implementation is 12.6 per cent. The documents show that a total of N324.56bn was cash backed, but only N184.84bn was released as at July 20.

According to the documents, the N184.84bn when calculated against the total capital budget of N1.519tn is 12.16 per cent of performance.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by djon78(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
we blackmen must learn to intelligently analyse things correctly and not stupidly show cluelessness under the cover of big% empty rhetorics and grammar.

what Nigerians dont understand is that the rot and decay in the system is so much and so bad. for the past 40 yrs there has been so much corruption in Nigerias corridors of power since militry, even with the advent of democcracy the corruption continued.

since inception of democracy since 1999, we have been havin budget every but has it touched the life of the common man?

what i have come to deduce from this drama unfolding is that the FG is tightnin the purse, makin sure that every money is accnted for in the budget. the legislators are feeling the pinch well that is why they are hiding under the cloak of budget implention.

I do not hold brief for GEJ but i thnk there re things his govt is doing underground rightly now.

there are reforms in the power sector, he is allowing free election like in Edo state unlike Objs time of massive rigging, for the1st time children of the big pple like tukur, ahmadu ali, arisekola are being prosecuted for crime, and many other things.

GEJ has areas he has not done well like in area of 1 bilion for food, his wife action, insecurity(although this is because of those that swore to mess his tenure up).

But i think he is doing serious work underground and maybe in about a years time when some of these reforms begin to bear fruit some of these bitter critics that have poured so much venom of abuse on him like calling him clueless, dumb, retarded will eat their words in shame, and Nigerians will judge for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Hardeyoye: 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
I just get tired of this administration!!! These attitude of their suck, very disgusting. Do they just talk without thinking of what they are saying? This particular one is an insult to nigerian. That was the same thing that happen during the subsidy that NOI claimed we spent N50b+ or what on subsidy when in actual fact N30b+ was spent. What sort of people do we have on board this administration sef? I think a good administrator shld have his/her information handy and correctly everytime. I just tire for these pple. Mcheeeeeeew.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by mikeapollo: 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
That woman Okonjo-Iweala is a fraud! Anybody that thinks/believes she has anything to deliver for the benefit of the masses of Nigeria is mistaken. She is an agent of the IMF/World Bank. The more she does their bidding, the more she gets promoted when she goes back.
I knew her to be a lying minister since OBJ regime
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by warrior01: 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
maclatunji:

You have described the National Assembly's oversight functions. Until recent times, that has been reduced to a few tepid committee seatings where government officials make spurious claims and are not asked tough questions. National Assembly members would also visit MDAs and after lots of friendly banter and a very "generous" hosting of the legislators, both parties part ways and wait for the next interaction which would likely be for budget defence.

The Legislature is the least-understood arm of government in Nigeria. The common man doesn't really understand what it's job or role in his life is.

The truth is that if we are not to descend into mob action and anarchy, the National Assembly has to function effectively. Hence, we should encourage it to ask the Executive all the tough questions and exercise it's full powers. It will serve to keep the Executive on it's toes and make it perform better which is to our collective benefit.
oh the certified slowpoke of all times even agreed with debosky on the real functions of the legislative arm of govt. Now, have you asked urself what are the main reasons behind this uproar? You know why? Because there is no free money anymore; no dubious constituency projects that are no where to be found and the monies vanished into thin air. If the legislators are being sincere, have you asked urself what they have been their opinion on budget implementation since 1999? Why did they connive with the civil servants to stop the publications of monthly revenue and allocations immediately Ngozi resigned from the Obasanjo's administration? The fact remains that every right thinking and patriotic Nigeria can discern what is happening and give aunty Ngozi the much needed support to fight this anomaly.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by chucky234(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dude, 90% budget implementation is possible and those countries aren't governed by angels but be aware that the same upper and lower chamber are part of the delay. It took them 3months to pass this bill and after disbursement each ministry MUST undergo due-process in the name of procurement which involves SEC and other federal agencies, that will runs between 2 - 3months plus and all these happened in THE SAME year that same budget MUST be implemented. Already 5 - 6months is gone, so how many months do we have left to implement the budget? Nigerians needs to understand the reasons budget implementation is often delayed and why the offenders are always the first to cry foul. Now, the executives are talking about 2013 budget in 2012 to avert the same fate in 2013 even as they continue 2012 budget implementation but Nigerians like you call it a means to loot. I believe one day GEJ will be vindicated.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by dipotech: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
OMG..what a drama!! If this topic is anything to go by, I think Minister of
Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is officially more confused and clueless than her boss GEJ.
So this madam (Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) personally holds a press conference (I watched it on NTA), telling the world that 56% of the 2012 budget has been implemented, only for the Fed. Govt. to retract the claims a few days later, and suprisingly, the same Minister of
Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was absent.
Very funny, isn't it??
Oh Fresh Air, what else do you have for us??

Honestly speaking, if the topic is anything to go by, i want to ask for the immediate removal of the finance minister because the woman has nothing to offer this country. She is completely confused and incompetent as far as i'm concern. However, the entire executive member should be given query. I watched her broadcast on NTA, rubbish.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by chucky234(m): 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
warrior01:
oh the certified slowpoke of all times even agreed with debosky on the real functions of the legislative arm of govt. Now, have you asked urself what are the main reason behind this uproar? You know why? Because there is no free money anymore; no dubious constituency projects that are no where to be found and the monies vanished into thin air. If the legislators are being sincere, have you asked urself what they have been their opinion on budget implementation since 1999? Why did they connive with the civil servants to stop the publications of monthly revenue and allocations immediately Ngozi resigned from the Obasanjo's administration? The fact remains that every right thinking and patriotic Nigeria can discern what is happening and give aunty Ngozi the much needed support to fight this anomaly.
Too much ignoramus brain on display, chai
So you dumbly think a nation's budget a bag of cash where legislators will be stealing pocket monies,I laugh your combobulated brain.
Legislooters are thieving us dry but have you ever sit down to calculate how much NOI take home annually for doing nothing with his failed policies,her salaries and allowances will pay Obama and Hilary Clinton for two years.
Who is the real looter?
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
If this is for real, the Nigerians, isn't it time to start doing some serious thinking? In about 5 months time, 2012 will have ended. How much work have you seen? Is it worth the over 1 billion dollars that have been spent? How much work will be accomplished by the end of the year? Will you get a refund if all projects are not initiated in the end? And SURE-P, are we really benefiting from any of what it claims to offer?
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Demdem(m): 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2012
dipotech:

Honestly speaking, if the topic is anything to go by, i want to ask for the immediate removal of the finance minister because the woman has nothing to offer this country. She is completely confused and incompetent as far as i'm concern. However, the entire executive member should be given query. I watched her broadcast on NTA, rubbish.

That is too much of a request to ask from the Retardeen. That is his back bone as regards economic affairs. he doesnt have any clue as regards economy no wonder he completely hands off and placed it on Ngozi's laps.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Jilo83(m): 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
U 've never see anything, bc u refused 2 let go fuel subsidy, u will remain in dis until u comply. Choose one subsidy or full implementation of budget?
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by dipotech: 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2012

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by debosky(m): 12:42pm

Instead of simply focusing on how much money has been spent, how has the money released been spent/applied? Has it achieved what it was intended for?

It's true, however Ngozi needed not to lie but rather needs to be frank in her decision being the economic head or indirectly the 'head' in the present administration. I personally do not regard our legislators because majority of them are 'pen robbers' of course taking constituency allowance for 4 years and not being able to see what they have done with it, may God deliver His country.

I think Okonjo needs to make her stand known no matter what; rather than 'diplomacy' or 'lie'. A juse o!
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by AjanleKoko: 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
This is not much different from the previous regimes.
During OBJ's era, they were always allocating budget into personal pockets.
It seems GEJ doesn't have as much control on things as his predecessors did.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by chucky234(m): 2:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
warrior01:
you dey mind them? Nobody cares whether the money released so far has been properly utilised. They all want the money released without proper accountability and some certified m.orons like maclatunji would jump in to confuse the fickle minded
What absurdity,laptop 25 displaying his shameless empty brain in public,how much was released?
Today is the first of August and we are talking of less than 13% implementation of annual budget,with so many challenges ranging from infrastructural development,quality education,quality healthcare system to poverty eleviation and you are there selling your stu:pidity in public. Your mumu will surely last a lifetime,I pity you.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by manny4life(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
Nigerians, all bark but no bite...We stay at a place and over-analyze a situation but we're slow to take actions. As for me, while I do not believe this news, I'll wait to see the outcome.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by nagoma(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2012
[quote author=Hydy]OMG..what a drama!! If this topic is anything to go by, I think Minister ofntoin
Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is officially more confused and clueless than her boss GEJ.
So this madam (Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala) personally holds a press conference (I watched it on NTA), telling the world that 56% of the 2012 budget has been implemented, only for the Fed. Govt. to retract the claims a few days later, and suprisingly, the same Minister of
Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala was absent.
Very funny, isn't it??
Oh Fresh Air, what else do you have for if implement

If implementing one year's budget in a third world country is too challenging for you , for goodness sake how could you have been the world bank president and CEO?
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by chucky234(m): 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
noiseless: The moment you try to fight corruption mr.corruption will come out throwing everything he can think of at you just to paint you bad. Now some zombies and the ever ready opportunist hunters are now allowing their hatred for anything gej and noi to be the fuel which will help the shameless and incompetent legislooters achieve their dreams of continously decieving the people. All hail the nigerian legislooters, you really know your evil game so well and know what botton to click to have your army of zombies behind you. TUFIAKWA UNU!
You are a disgrace for not knowing the importance of implementation of budget to a developing nation like Nigeria,you don't even have the slightest idea what a nation's budget is let alone its functions.
Sit on the fence while NOI and GEJ bankrupt this country,mumuliness.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DExplorer1: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
Demdem:

Dude, what are u talking about? are u aware that the document in question in front of the senate emanated from ngozi's ministry. The senate didnt manufacture their own document. The contents of the ministry document angered the senators and requested her presence to defend such. what exactly is wrong with that?

We're still on the same page dude. I never said the senate manufactured their documents and am aware that those documents emanated from ngozi's ministry. I also stated that NOI is the ONLY, the most reliable source to defend these documents. Those are my words.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Loveaflame(m): 2:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
And here we are with many who wants Pastor Bakare dead when he said the destiny of PRES. JONATHAN IS TO BANKRUPT THE NATION CALLED NIGERIA.God save us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dantata, Others Receive N25B SURE-P Payments / Nigeria Spent N7bn On Mali Crisis - Jonathan / Nominees For Democracy Heroes Awards Confirmed As Occasion Commemorates June 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.