Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

The Story Of A Wise Business Man - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Story Of A Wise Business Man (21047 Views)

The Last Wolf Series : The Forgotten Mate (December 2015 Story of the Month) / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / Temptation ; The Story Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by elampiro(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
We read this in one of our office morning meetings two or three years back. Thanks for sharing. But some CEO will say he is not result oriented by not thnking outside the box. But overall it's a booster for honesty and integrity.

1 Like

Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by meetmeonline: 5:13pm On Aug 09, 2012

This guy is not a Nigerian, is he?

Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by ecode1(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bravo! *Standing ovation*
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by greaterlove(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2012
Great story
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
Am so angry with dis guy Johnny or Jim which ever one. Even when Jesus gave the parable of talents the ones who doubled theirs where given more n the guy who gave back what he was given was termed as being foolish. IMHO he cannot run that company and if I were d CEO I would rather have 20 CEOs to take over from me with plants in their pots than a dunce who does not believe in himself and lacks creativity.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by Etumgbe(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nice one
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by mhozzis(m): 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
Best post since i joined nairaland. +1 @op
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by mhozzis(m): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2012
goldylock: Am so angry with dis guy Johnny or Jim which ever one. Even when Jesus gave the parable of talents the ones who doubled theirs where given more n the guy who gave back what he was given was termed as being foolish. IMHO he cannot run that company and if I were d CEO I would rather have 20 CEOs to take over from me with plants in their pots than a dunce who does not believe in himself and lacks creativity.
I c u
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by stillme(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
A righteous man can't go down. Nice story
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by sajods(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2012
I told this story to my nephew, & funny enough he told me hes read about the story. tho he said its a king dat wanted to give out hes princess...
@op; **thumb up**
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by chinnyonwu(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2012
Nobe the other executives fault naa. They prolly taught their own seed was bad so they changed it. No biggie.
If teacher hand u blank question paper for exam hall, u no go call him attention?
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
I thought Nairaland commenced in 2005.How come this story was first posted in 2001.Nice story though.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by God2man(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
davades: A successful businessman was growing old and knew it was time to choose a successor to take over the business.Instead of choosing one of his Directors or his children, he decided to do something different. He called all the young executives in his company together. He said, “It is time for me to step down and choose the next C.E.O..I have decided to choose one of you.”The young executives were shocked, but the boss continued.“I am going to give each one of you a SEED today – one very special SEED. I want you to plant the seed, water it, and come back here one year from today with what you have grown from the seed I have given you. I will then judge the plants that you bring,and the one I choose will be the next C.E.O.

2be continued
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by God2man(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
davades: Contd:

”One man, named Johnny, was there that day and he, like the others, received a seed. He went home and excitedly told his wife the story. She helped him get a pot, soil and compost and he planted the seed.Everyday he would water it and watch to see if it had grown.After about three weeks, some of the other executives began to talk about their seeds and the plants that were beginning to grow. Johnny kept checking his seed but nothing ever grew. Three weeks, four weeks, five weeks went by, still nothing. By now others were talking about their plants, but Johnny didn’t have a plant and he felt like a failure. Six months went by —still nothing in Johnny’s pot. He just new he had killed his seed. Everyone else had trees and tall plants, but he had nothing. Johnny didn’t say anything to his colleagues, however, he just kept watering and fertilizing the soil –he so wanted the seed to grow. A year finally went by and all the young executives of the company brought their plants to the C.E.O. for inspection. Johnny told his wife that he wasn’t going to take an empty pot. But she asked him to be honest about what happened. Johnny felt sick to his stomach, it was going to be the most embarrassing moment of his life, but he knew his wife was right. He took his empty pot to the boardroom. When Johnny arrived, he was amazed at the variety of plants grown by the other executives. They were beautiful— in all shapes and sizes. Johnny put his empty pot on the floor and many of his colleagues laughed, a few felt sorry for him! When the C.E.O. arrived, he surveyed the room and greeted his young executives. johnny tried to hide in the back.“My, what great plants, trees, and flowers you have grown,” said the C.E.O.. “Today one of you will be appointed the next C.E.O.!”All of a sudden, the C.E.O. spotted johnny at the back of the room with his empty pot. He ordered the Financial Director to bring him to the front. Johnny was terrified. To be continued
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by God2man(m): 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2012
davades:
He thought, “The C.E.O.knows I’m a failure! Maybe he will have me fired! ”When Johnny got to the front, the C.E.O. asked him what had happened to his seed –Johnny told him the story. The C.E.O. asked everyone to sit down except Johnny. He looked at Johnny, and then announced to the young executives,“Behold your next Chief Executive Officer! His name is JOHNNY!” Johnny couldn’t believe it. Johnny couldn’t even grow his seed.“How could he be the new C.E.O.?” the others said.Then the C.E.O. said,“One year ago today, I gave everyone in this room a seed. I told you to take the seed, plant it,water it, and bring it back to me today. But I gave you all boiled seeds; they were dead –it was not possible for them to grow. All of you, except Johnny have brought me trees and plants and flowers. When you found that the seed would not grow,you substituted another seed for the one I gave you. Johnny was the only one with the courage and honesty to bring me a pot with my seed in it. Therefore,he is the one who will be the new Chief Executive Officer!”* If you plant honesty, you will reap trust* If you plant goodness,you will reap friends* If you plant humility,you will reap greatness* If you plant perseverance, you will reap contentment* If you plant consideration, you will reap perspective* If you plant hard work, you will reap success* If you plant forgiveness, you will reap reconciliation So, be careful what you plant now; it will determine what you will reap later.“Whatever You Give To Life, Life Gives You Back”..........†ђξ End
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by neksummi(m): 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2012
Good story.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by 360command: 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
@ OP, u too bgaski. Nice 1. I was wondering why that johnny guy seed did not grow and how come others grew. Introduction was nice, there was intrigue, suspense and a nice finishing.

Thanks a lot. A story of inspiration to be good,honest.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by davades(m): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
mhozzis: Best post since i joined nairaland. +1 @op

†ђ♌n̶̲̥̅̊k§ man
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by Mayoks(m): 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2012
old story
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by maasoap(m): 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2012
Boiled seeds can't grow you said? Don't let christians hear you. They so much beleive in miracles, and with their miracles, anything is possible. Christians in the house, am I lying?
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by maasoap(m): 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
Couldn't guess how the story would end to make Jonny the new CEO. Nice story.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by owendei(m): 8:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
a touching story wit a moRral lesson. kudos to d first culler.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by sexyglow(f): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
jhydebaba: Imagine if 99% Nigerians are honest...
you mean for almost every nigerian to be as Honest as I am?not possible.Nice story with a good moral lessons.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by sexyglow(f): 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
jhydebaba: Imagine if 99% Nigerians are honest...
you mean for almost every nigerian to be as Honest as I am?not possible.Nice story with a good moral lessons anyway.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by flexdee(m): 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
What an interesting story.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by lokojay89(m): 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2012
Very interesting and educative, I love it...
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by pass4life(m): 9:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
Great story.

The moral of this story is all about INTEGRITY which has to do with Honesty and Trustworthiness.

If our top CEOs as well as Leaders of this nation will have such character, the nation will be a better place. Not to forget we the up coming young generation need to develop such charater to meet up with the challenge and opportunity just like Johney.
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by Claracuzio: 10:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Op this one na confirmed faboo story na?
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by osajojo(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
From where I see it Johnny couldn't solve a problem for a whole year. This shouldn't b a bizness story. What happens to the need to make something outta nothing
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by mruwaifo(m): 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
Its good to read something of true quality from Nairaland again .
Re: The Story Of A Wise Business Man by philipstanley(m): 12:02am On Aug 10, 2012
wow!!! wat a story.
Hmm a nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Lessons Of Life (fun) / >>one Last Minute....<< / It Started With A Kiss. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.