Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

>>one Last Minute....<< - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / >>one Last Minute....<< (20839 Views)

A Minute Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

>>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
This story is a work of fiction, any resemblance to anyone dead or alive is purely coincidental. Your comments, criticisms, and corrections are highly needed. thanks.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
She had never been late to work before and that day was not going to be an exception, not when she knew what her tigress of a boss would do to her. "no no no, not today.. not when i have a meeting with 'the madam' " Alexandra groaned struggling to get out of bed. "Damn! that woman is a pain in the butt" she hissed.
She glanced at the small clock beside her bed her alarm had already stopped beeping 10minutes ago which showed she was way behind her normal wake-up time. After making her bed Alexandra raced to her bathroom for a quick shower. 20 minutes later she was all dressed up. she wore a crisp brown suit, all straight lines and starch which didnt disguise the fact that she had great legs. with it she wore a single strand of pearls, earrings to match and a gold wristwatch. she looked very exclusive and classy, she had been raised to be both. she swept her long hair off her shoulders and secured with a clip and added light makeup to her face then she gazed at herself in the mirror, she knew she had alwys been a pretty lady... at least she alone told herself that everyday. Slipping on a pair of black heels, she searched her ever tidy room for her car keys, found them,grabed her handbag and raced towards her front door with only one thing in mind- the meeting....
#to be continued...

1 Like

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
Elizabeth paced up and down her room searching for her shoes. Her room was very untidy with clothes scattered here and there, she had barely even had time to do her laundry for almost a week. " i just hope i dont get to work late today, before that woman go tell me the story of my life again mmttcw that woman get wahala no be small" she said with a look of disgust on her face. she found her shoes behind the curtains wore them, and then took time in applying her make up. she ran a brush through her newly made hair, standing in front of the mirror which stood as the door of her wardrobe at the alcove in her room and then sighed in satisfaction. she looked very pretty. Elizabeth reached for her jacket, while putting it on she glanced at her dressing table for her gold wrist watch, it shone brightly as the morning sun illuminated her bedroom through the window.

The wristwatch was the last gift her ex-boyfriend Charles had given to her days before she found out he was actually married. Elizabeth had never been lucky with guys its either they were already married, already had girlfriends or they just wanted her for other reasons apart from love. She had been searching fruitlessly for love for a long time. Ever since she graduated from the university her main focus had been to settle down because she loved family, she loved kids coupled with the fact that her parents had been breathing down her neck to bring a man home.. now at 25 that didnt seem to be happening anytime soon. Shaking her head sadly she picked up the wristwatch and wore it, reached for her bag and keys then she headed towards her main door. Her only source of joy was work, her family and best friend.... speaking of best friend, she reached for her phone and dialed her number.."hello how far? where you dey?" she asked as she entered her car " hi i am still at home oo, my car has refused to start i have tried everything i can, am just tired" her friend said at the other end sounding frustrated. " okay calm down, i am coming now" Elizabeth replied as she drove out of her compound, grinning at the fact that she knew her friend would never reply her in pidgin english.

#to be continued...

1 Like

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 21, 2013
Plz Your comments are really needed. Thank u 4 reading
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 22, 2013
"yo! Want a ride?" Elizabeth asked honking and grinning as she watched her friend struggling to find the fault in her car.
"oh! Thank God! Betty, you are a life saver. What am i going to do without you huh?" Alexandra asked as she hopped into the car "uhmm let me think" Elizabeth said placing her index finger on her chin, faking a thoughtful look.."nothing!"she exclaimed as she glided her car down Alex's narrow street watching as Alex chuckled.
'Betty', only Alex called her that. They had been friends since like forever,they both attended the same high school and university. All through their friendship she had always known Alex to be very classy, exquisite and orderly, in fact she practically lived her daily life on a schedule. "so what's up for today na" she asked Alex.
"nothing much just that i have a meeting with 'the madam' by 9 o'clock and its already 8:40. That woman's wahala is getting much sef. Does she not know that she is getting old?" Alex said sighing.
"her wahala over much sef..sometimes i wish the woman would just drop dead mttchw she is too strict" Betty said disgust clearly written on her face.
"if she drops dead who would take over the company? Is it that her son?" Alex asked
"mttchw abegi that one? That talks as if he would collapse at any time ? Abeg talk beter thing jare" Betty said watching as Alex laughed at her comment...and then suddenly stopped laughing
"wait oo Betty what did you do to you hair??" Alex asked frowning
"errr i permed it" Betty replied bemused.."don't you like it?"
"its great you look lovely, its just that....."
"just that what?" betty interrupted
"hmmm what's the occasion?"
"well....its just that i heard the new guy taking David's place would be starting work today" betty replied smilling sheepishly
David was the company's former sales manager who got fired a week before by 'the madam' as a result of his gross-misconducts.
"so? What has that got to do with anything?" Alex asked with a raised brow as she stared blankly at Betty.
"ah you are too uptight! loosing up a little. I wonder how Nosa puts up with you"
Nosa was Alex's classy and rich boyfriend. Betty didnt know much about their relationship, but she knew they complemented each other well.
"well..." betty continued.. "i learnt this new guy is very handsome"... "and single too" she quickly added giggling.
"and how do you know that?" Alex asked.
She wasnt surprised, her friend had always been easily attracted to handsome guys, what she couldnt place was the fact that Betty just got out of a relationship that ended badly 2weeks ago.
"well i did a little research" betty replied still giggling
"are you kidding me?" Alex shook her head vigorously
"unbelievable" she muttered under her breath.
"you better believe it Alex, because by the end of the day this guy would have my number on his phone" betty announced as she pulled into the company's parking lot.
"well good luck on your mission betty, right now i have to go meet the madam. I hope she doesnt tear me to peices for being late.". Alex said as she got down from the car "She ya later bud" she said as she headed towards her boss's office. Betty didnt seem to have heard he friend's last comment, what she had in mine was Daniel, the new sales manager...grinning she headed to her office
#to be continued...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2013
#continuation
Alex walked slowly to her office after the meeting, thankful for the fact that her boss was in a good mood that day. She entered her office and let her eyes scan through the office, from corner to corner. Everything was perfectly in place, papers,files, coordianated appointment.
Settling in her chair, she picked up a files and began to work. She had been really working hard to keep her job as an auditor, a job she so much enjoyed.
After few hours of working, her intercom buzzed "hello? ....Yes ma'am"
"miss Anikeh, the new sales manager would need your records, i have directed him to your office, pleaso do well to put him through" her boss said firmly. Her boss was the C.E.O of Dee's and Bee's ltd. A huge woman, with big scary eyes and a permanent fake smile. When she walked she always carried a look that screamed 'GET OUT OF MY WAY'. Her employees were all scared of her. She had a son studying abroad and she was married to a wealthy man.
"yes ma'am, would do just that" she said before dropping the receiver.
Sinking deep into her chair she groaned "oh not now nah..i have to go for my break". With that in mind she wondered how far Betty had gone with her mission with the oh so perfect and handsome new sales manager.
She shook her head, and then frowned as she heard her office door creak and then a tall figure walked in..
#to be continued...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 22, 2013
It was years of proper training that prevented Alex's mouth from dropping open when the man walked in...no not walked she corrected herself...'Swaggered' yes thats the right word.. Like the son of the company's owner.
She skimmed her gaze over him. Okay her shock had nothing to do with the fact that he was insanely handsome Alex told herself, even though the adjective suited perfectly.
He was leanly built, freakishly tall, had a square face, bright eyes lurking behind long eye lashes and a pointed nose. He wore an expensive looking suit with both his hands in his straight pant's pocket and looked very classy.
"miss anikeh?" his deep voice sent chills down alex's spine.
"errr do..do..dont you knock?" Alex stuttered stupidly.
"um, the last time i checked,this was an office. And thats a nice way to welcome a new colleague" Daniel said sacarstically narrowing his eyes.
His height made her feel so small. She got up immediately "oh am so sorry mr...." she seemed to have forgotten his name as she was buried in her fantasies.
"Harrison"
"oh yes mr Harrison i am so sorry. You are welcome to Dee's and Bee's" she said extending her hand. He curled his long fingers around hers for a warm handshake. Alex felt like holding onto his warm hand for a longer time but had to withdraw immediately..
"thank you"Daniel said grinning, revealing a pair of dimples and white set of teeth which did nothing but made Alex's knees wobble, she felt like she was going to collapse at anytime, so she immediately nodded to one of the chairs in front of her desk "please have a seat" and then she reached for a file. 'Focus Alex, focus' she told herself "so mr Harrison i was told you need the...."

Daniel skimmed his gaze over her, she looked very beautiful he thought, with big lovely eyes and high cheek bones. Her crisp suit and skirt matched the colour of her eyes and didnt hide the fact that she had lovely curves.
She looked elegant and classy, Daniel thought and oh her voice, so.....
"mr harrison?"Alex interrupted bringing him back to reality.
"oh yeah am listening"
"ok so here are the files you need, please go through them and give me feedback, you are welcome once again"
"i will and thank you" Daniel said collecting the files from her and then stood up to leave.
"and oh by the way miss Anikeh, you look lovely" he said flashing her another smile before turning to walk out the same way he had come in.
"lovely" Alex repeated grinning sheepishly. Nosa never complemented her looks she thought...hmm speaking of Nosa, she reached for her phone and dialed his number..
#to be continued...
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by IamSylva(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice story.. Pls dnt stop.. Continue

*following*smiley
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2013
I_am_Sylva: Nice story.. Pls dnt stop.. Continue

*following*smiley
tanks a lot bro
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
Is it a love story? I hate love stories.

im joking sha,bt is d son of d owner gay,cos u said he is married to a wealthy man
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by icerberg(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mehlena: This story is a work of fiction, any resemblance to anyone dead or alive is purely coincidental. Your comments, criticisms, and corrections are highly needed. thanks.

Hello, We are helping some talented writers. Please contact me with my email to have your works on our newspaper?
lancelotemmy@yahoo.com
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by jazinogold(m): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Vehemently awesome! ¤grabs chair, cross legs....eating speedy biscuit and drinking Dr pepper¤ u must come n continue dis towie o...

1 Like

Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 1:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Awesome creativity........u'll definitely be a genius in prose fiction.......u av mai vote
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Adex n didi i don bring una here abi
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ppl don plenty o
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Adex097: 1:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
jazinogold: Vehemently awesome! ¤grabs chair, cross legs....eating speedy biscuit and drinking Dr pepper¤ u must come n continue dis towie o...
*sits next to his boss with a jar of cuban_coffee on standby*

Nice one @mehlena
#Following grin
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice story line Helen,front seat reserved.......
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Ghyft(f): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: Ppl don plenty o
thanks to u
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Didi5(m): 1:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: Adex n didi i don bring una here abi
lol......front seat reserved!
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Adex097: 1:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: Adex n didi i don bring una here abi
FYM
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Adex097:
FYM
FMM:I b marketer
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Wow! Unbelievable..tanks family you guys are awesome! Oga jazino i hail tank u.
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Kenexcel(m): 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Adex097:

Nice one @mehlena
#Following grin
like seriously its i seconded..
Nice one love.....*continue readin*
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Odizeey i don see your handwork tanks so much. I appreciate:-).
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Adex097:

Nice one @mehlena
#Following grin
i see you bro. thank
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
Adex097:

Nice one @mehlena
#Following grin
i see you bro. thanks
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
Eazybuhfocuz: Awesome creativity........u'll definitely be a genius in prose fiction.......u av mai vote
thanks a lot...i appreciate
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ghyft: Nice story line Helen,front seat reserved.......
gracias sinorita
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
odizeey: Is it a love story? I hate love stories.

im joking sha,bt is d son of d owner gay,cos u said he is married to a wealthy man
lol no nah.. I meant the boss nt her son
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
No keep us 4 suspense.....we await d continuation of ur intriguing prose work......proceed sharp sharp Prof Mehlena
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by odizeey(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mehlena: lol no nah.. I meant the boss nt her son
ok
Re: >>one Last Minute....<< by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 2:09pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mehlena: thanks a lot...i appreciate
..........hehehe.....u be philosopher o nt a linguist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Perfect For Us / Tell Us About Your Favourite Book / Photos | Chimamanda's Americanah Featured In Orange Is The New Black

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.