Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists (12084 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

For the meantime, Religion and God are inseparable.
so??
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

Evangelism/publicity is not a qualifier for religion at all.

you dont know anything at all do you? undecided Just making noise for the sake of being seen to post too right?
If evangelism is not a qualifier for religion then what is?
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

depends on what that "god" is.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

Even if we agree with this, then both Buddhism and evangelical atheism are still religions. smiley

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

Cosmology is a religion??

you do know that religious cosmology is a well accepted term right? undecided
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
It sure has.

I respect all beliefs or lack there of however I get very annoyed every time someone quotes a bibilical text or speak on God and some athiest a-hole decides to come up and accuse that person of being "delusional" and lay the famous "show me proof of God's existence" line.

I mean seriously, not even JWs are that annoying.... tongue
No offence lol
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Kay17: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

See also - atheist almost slavish worship of the scientific theories they bleat help them eliminate a need for a god. You replace a sky god with an earthly god = religion.

Scientific theories/methods are found to be very reliable and self corrective. A reasonable man will believe it.
davidylan:

you do know that religious cosmology is a well accepted term right? undecided

I simply asked if cosmology is a religion. I'm aware that most religions do touch on a wide range of subjects and cosmology is one of em.
davidylan:

depends on what that "god" is.

Good Point.
davidylan:

you dont know anything at all do you? undecided Just making noise for the sake of being seen to post too right?
If evangelism is not a qualifier for religion then what is?

You must count out Jainism, Buddhism, African religions as religions as a result!
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Kay17: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
Enigma:

Even if we agree with this, then both Buddhism and evangelical atheism are still religions. smiley

cool

With a spiritual ingredient?
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

Scientific theories/methods are found to be very reliable and self corrective. A reasonable man will believe it.

Not all of them. Darwin said your tail bone was a vestigial organ. 200 yrs later we proved he was wrong.

Kay 17:
I simply asked if cosmology is a religion. I'm aware that most religions do touch on a wide range of subjects and cosmology is one of em.

Depends. Cosmology, as an alternative to the creationist viewpoint, is a religion.

Kay 17:
You must count out Jainism, Buddhism, African religions as religions as a result!

only if you view evangelism as the SOLE qualifier.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kay 17:

With a spiritual ingredient?

Did you not basically equate that with "innate conscientious belief", "conscience" etc recently in order to claim that atheism should be "rightfully" classified as a religion under the American Constitution? wink

Reminder https://www.nairaland.com/966459/arming-faithful-against-logic/5#11187547

smiley
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
MsDarkSkin: It sure has.

I respect all beliefs or lack there of however I get very annoyed every time someone quotes a bibilical text or speak on God and some athiest a-hole decides to come up and accuse that person of being "delusional" and lay the famous "show me proof of God's existence" line.

I mean seriously, not even JWs are that annoying.... tongue
No offence lol

Do you get annoyed when someone quotes psalm 14;1 to say atheists are fools?

[img]http://t.qkme.me/35mfhj.jpg[/img]
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Kay17: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

Not all of them. Darwin said your tail bone was a vestigial organ. 200 yrs later we proved he was wrong.

Beauty of a self corrective system. Science isn't omniscient or else it would be irrelevant.

davidlyan: Depends. Cosmology, as an alternative to the creationist viewpoint, is a religion.

Just because it offers an opposing view?! The word religion is not holy water that you can sprinkle on anything.

only if you view evangelism as the SOLE qualifier.

That would lead to unsatisfactory conclusion.

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by crackhouse(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
What about "logic boy"? It's been long i heard from him or is he the person bearing "logicbwoy" now?. I am surprised he haven't show up here, in this kinda discussion? It's still Unbelievable.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
crackhouse: What about "logic boy"? It's been long i heard from him or is he the person bearing "logicbwoy" now?. I am surprised he haven't show up here, in this kinda discussion? It's still Unbelievable.

I am logicboy......I'm honoured
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by LordBabs(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart"(gen 6:6). Soon, all theists shall also repent and grieve for their multitudinous ignorance, as did their emotionally short-sighted god-my-foot!
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Kay17: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Enigma:

Did you not basically equate that with "innate conscientious belief", "conscience" etc recently in order to claim that atheism should be "rightfully" classified as a religion under the American Constitution? wink

Reminder https://www.nairaland.com/966459/arming-faithful-against-logic/5#11187547

smiley

Still on that?
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
^^^ Is it not relevant? wink
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
shine-eye:

YOU GOT INTO TROUBLE THE DAY YOU EQUATED RELIGION WITH GOD. AS FOR STEROIDS, I AM NOT ON THEM WITH YOU.
Ok what do you equate God with? take it slow on them things
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Kay17: 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ Is it not relevant? wink

I think I made myself clear there.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 4:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
^^ Just like I did there and I have done here. smiley
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Kay17: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
Which isn't convincing
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by shineeye1: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
mkmyers45: Ok what do you equate God with? take it slow on them things

SARCASTIC IGNORAMUS, GOD IS NOT A THEORY OR IDEA. HE IS PRACTICAL REALITY YOU MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO RELATE WITH IN YOUR CONCEITED STATE. SO LONG!
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by mkmyers45(m): 5:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
shine-eye:

SARCASTIC IGNORAMUS, GOD IS NOT A THEORY OR IDEA. HE IS PRACTICAL REALITY YOU MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO RELATE WITH IN YOUR CONCEITED STATE. SO LONG!
as expected..run fast ok? Demented fella
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by emsquare(m): 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Hmmmm!!!
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by SisiKill1: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Shaw007: its very wrong 2 speak against men of God. . Its true some of them are bad but speaking generally is extremely dangerous. . .DO NOT call upon d wrath of God
B.s:God commanded that you pay thite. . .can someone pls quote d bible there.

SMDH

Someone calls himself an Atheist and you are taking him to tasks for speaking against the men of God (when he has spoken against the babanlas of men of God) and asking someone to quote bible passage.

Are you sure you know what being an Atheist means because I don't think you do! cheesy
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by SisiKill1: 7:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Why is it offensive to call Atheism a Religion?!!

I always thought Religion was based on BELIEFS and it didn't matter who or what the object of the belief is(are).

Am I missing something? embarassed
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by ijawkid(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
buzugee: lets leave my gastronomic and peristaltic habits out of this, loco grin

Hehehehehhe....

Logic boy is tryna runaway from the truth...

It'll hunt him until he concurs.....

He spends 12hrs if not 24 hrs talking about issues pertaining to God but he denies he aint an atheist evangelist....

What else is he??

The other time he put up a post suggesting that some persons must have being converted into atheism since nairaland christians aint appearing much on this forum.....

Logic boy seriously needs and wants converts and that will make him happy...

Truely atheists have made the internet there church.....
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Why is it offensive to call Atheism a Religion?!!

I always thought Religion was based on BELIEFS and it didn't matter who or what the object of the belief is(are).

Am I missing something? embarassed

You're talking to a bunch of intellectually lazy folks who cannot comprehend the inherent hypocrisy in their own thoughts.

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by ijawkid(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

See also - atheist almost slavish worship of the scientific theories they bleat help them eliminate a need for a god. You replace a sky god with an earthly god = religion.

Exactly....

They'v replaced God with darwin and other scientists who are atheists....

Human worship is what they'v embraced....

Because all there life atheists try to find out info's from atheist scietists that refutes d existence of a God.....
Even when the info's gotten are spurious they just gulp them and evangelize them.....

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by dalaman: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
ijawkid:

Exactly....

They'v replaced God with darwin and other scientists who are atheists....

Human worship is what they'v embraced....

Because all there life atheists try to find out info's from atheist scietists that refutes d existence of a God.....
Even when the info's gotten are spurious they just gulp them and evangelize them.....

Darwin was not an atheist, and there are more theist that believe in evolution than atheist. Just a point of correction.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
davidylan:

You're talking to a bunch of intellectually lazy folks who cannot comprehend the inherent hypocrisy in their own thoughts.

Wow, for someone that was caught lying about human transitional fossils while being a biologist, you have the nerve to call someone a hypocrite?
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Wow, for someone that was [b]caught lying about human transitional fossils [/b]while being a biologist, you have the nerve to call someone a hypocrite?

you wish. If there was conclusive evidence dont you think it would be a settled issue not worth debating?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's Your Prophecy For 2020 / Will Bad People Burn In Hell? / How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.