Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,800 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists (12086 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

I debunked it with what atheist organisations do but you sidestepped and ran away.
You abuse the word "debunk"
Perhaps, you should read what you typed as an answer in light of my comment and tell exactly how it qualifies as a "debunking". Please also do well to look up the meaning of "debunk while you're at it.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by GeorgeD1(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
the end times are upon us.....! cry
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
George_D: the end times are upon us.....! cry
Stop spreading rumor. Why will the end be upon us? Is it because people are no longer ignorant to religion myths and lies?
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by cyrexx: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
George_D: the end times are upon us.....! cry

LOL, you are right. its the end time for religion and superstition and a new age for logical reasoning and rejection of religious dogma. get ready for it.
tongue tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 8:18am On Aug 04, 2012
blaqoracle: for those of you that still hold on to christianity as the only way to heaven then you must read this: christianity is the post slavery traumatic disorder resulting from colonial masters' conceptualization and perfection of their continued dominion of those they feel are subhuman: african, indians and arab. Every true african will never accept christianity as a religion because it continues remind us that we are slave, subhuman and conpuered.

Christianity reminds "us" that "we" are "slaves", "subhuman" and "conquered" and is pstd from colonial masters . . . ?

Hmmmmm smiley

- speaking and writing in the English language
- living in colonial masters' countries like UK, US, Canada
- or at least looking/hoping for visas to go there
- subscribing to 'capitalism' and other economic systems introduced/advocated by colonial masters
- wearing suits, shirt (T M Lewin? wink ) and ties etc
- etc etc etc

Yeah, real "liberated" Africans. smiley

cool

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma:

Christianity reminds "us" that "we" are "slaves", "subhuman" and "conquered" and is pstd from colonial masters . . . ?

Hmmmmm smiley

- subscribing to 'capitalism' and other economic systems introduced/advocated by colonial masters
- etc etc etc

cool
Perfect Reply!

..........but wait for it, he'll soon come back and tell you how it is not the same thing. Lol
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by cyrexx: 9:25am On Aug 04, 2012
^^ stereotypical of you
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by MrAnony1(m): 9:32am On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx: ^^ stereotypical of you
Hahahahaha.................I laugh in Taiwanese
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by truthislight: 10:00am On Aug 04, 2012
Evil Brain: In the aftermath of the US Aurora theatre shooting, CNN's Belief blog has noted how the internet has become the de-facto church for atheists and doubters of god.

As unbelievers often have no physical place to gather, they have turned to the web as a place to share their beliefs, experiences and offer each other support. The internet's anonymity also helps those still in the closet who don't want to have to deal with family and friends who'll likely disagree with them.

The article also includes some really nice quotes from reddit's r/atheism page (one of my favourite places on the internet) from atheists talking about their lives.

This explains why atheists are so active in the religion section. Follow the link for more.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/01/where-was-god-in-aurora-comments-show-internet-as-church-for-atheists/

at least it shows that NO MAM IS AN ISLAND.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma:

Hmmmmm smiley

- etc etc etc

cool

This how you know that some christians are really foolish slaves. Japanese people who were never enslaved by Europeans in the past all do the same things that you just listed as slave behaviour of Africans. And yes, those things are different from the slavery of Africa

1) Speaking the English language is not a choice for Nigerians, it is inevitable. How do we reject English that was taught to us as children. It is entrenched in our educational system. Funny enough, English has become a very powerful language. It comes as no surprise that millions of Japanese even learn it as a second language and many Japanese products have English manuals.

2) When religious nutjobs like you have contributed to the destruction of Nigeria, I dont blame certain people of running away. Bopko Haram, child abusers, slapping pastors etc. Furthermore, it comes as no suprise as there are many japanese, chinese and Arabs that migrate to london and USA. It is natural to move to places with better prospects. futhermore some of us have no choice if we are born in foriegn countries.

The most stupid thing about your argument is that Nigerians look for visas everywhere not only colonial masters countries. Ask Muskeeto how many Nigerians are in India. Nigerians are in China, in Malta etc.

3)Argument out of ignorance. Capitalism is a system and a smart person does not reject ideas, they improve on it. Capitalism might have originated in the west but there are many versions of it- You can have a mixed economy, heavily regulated capitalism, crony capitalism or pure capitalism. Compare the capitalist nature of America and Sweden and see the difference.

Many of the aspects of capitalism, especially in manufacturing and management were borrowed from Japanese style of management, Today, the modern manufacturing company in the West uses japanese management techniques like lean management, Kaizen and Zero defects.

Are Japanese slaves? Dont they subscribe to capitalism as well

4) Fashion is global. Is leopard prints and mohican hairstyle a culture of Europe or something borrowed from Africa and the Mohicans? Dont Japanese wear sutis?

You and Mr Anony are fools to even compare these things to the mental slavery that is christianity, especially to Africans. Christianity tells you that a Jewish man is God and that Jews are God's chosen people. Isnt that racist? Why cant one believe that God is in all of us and all people are equal? Why is it seen as good to go to isreal for pilgrimage when God is everywhere? Why is Jesus painted white in most Nigerian churches when it is more likely that esus had dark skin? Even Asian people paint Jesus Asian but my black fellows love a white master/Jesus.

The mental slavery that is christianity convinces people to destroy their own culture. Nowadays, people have two weddings- traditional and church wedding. Why stress yourself? Why not have one wedding? Even on Niaraland, one foolish christian was begging for christian names to come back! She wanted us to have names like Hezekiah, Jeremiah etc. Is she ashamed that we are giving our children names like Tobi, Ola etc?
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:06am On Aug 04, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Perfect Reply!

..........but wait for it, he'll soon come back and tell you how it is not the same thing. Lol

Keep cheerleading nonsense.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy: . . . When religious nutjobs like you have contributed to the destruction of Nigeria . . . .

You and Mr Anony are fools to even compare these things to the mental slavery that is christianity, especially to Africans. . . . .

The mental slavery that is christianity convinces people to destroy their own culture. . . .

As long as you will call your father a religious nutjob etc etc . . .

As long as you will call your father a fool

As long as you will say such things of your father . . . .smiley

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:10am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: As long as you will call your father a religious nutjob etc etc . . . smiley

cool

Guilt by association. You keep failing. My pops aint religious.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: As long as you will call your father a religious nutjob etc etc . . . smiley

cool

You cant even debate the facts, so you rope my pops into it. Strawman tactics!

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2012
^^^ Anytime you insult me, I will remind you that you insult your father . . . . smiley

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:15am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ Anytime you insult me, I will remind you that you insult your father . . . . smiley

cool

LMAO... grin grin grin grin.....you keep showing your true colours of Epic fail. Everytime you bring up my pops, people will see that you're a person who is losing the debate and has no points and so you bring in a failed strawman.

My father isnt a christian

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2012
^^^ You have been told; insult me, insult your father . . . smiley

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:19am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ You have been told; insult me, insult your father . . . smiley

cool

Let's put that into practice. grin grin grin

Enigma is a religious blowhard.

Wait! My pops aint religious

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:20am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ You have been told; insult me, insult your father . . . smiley

cool

Enigma is a church going fanatic!

Wait! My pops doesnt go to church!

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2012
^^^ Your cup will become full one day, and then . . . . smiley

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: ^^^ Your cup will become full one day, and then . . . . smiley

cool

Is that a threat? Boko Haram alert!!!

1 Like

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 10:38am On Aug 04, 2012
Interestingly, I actually remember you comparing your own parents to Boko Haram for being Christians/religious/theists. smiley

logicboy: Everyone is born an atheist. Many are just taught religion by their folks and friends. . . .

I came from a religious background and my folks were not happy. They promised fire and brimbstone when I confessed that I was an atheist. I only had to remind them that they are no different from a religious extremist that hates infidels (cough boko haraam/crusaders). . . .

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:49am On Aug 04, 2012
Enigma: Interestingly, I actually remember you comparing your own parents to Boko Haram for being Christians/religious/theists. smiley

cool

This actually shows that I'm consistent cool cool

Fortunately, I was talking about my family and not just my parents when I said "religious". I lived with my uncle and aunt for a long time. Those were the people that promised fire and brimstone actually!
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by GeorgeD1(m): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2012
all4naija: Stop spreading rumor. Why will the end be upon us? Is it because people are no longer ignorant to religion myths and lies?

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7[b] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
[/b]
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2012
cool cool

logicboy: 5) Forcing people to go to church; My [size=18pt]aunt[/size] used to go crazy when we did not go to church. We had to go to church even if we were sick. Furthermore, I also went to a christian university in Nigeria where students must go to church 4 times a week (Sunday,Monday, Wednesday and Thursday). Too much of anything is bad. Forcing someone to do something just makes the person hate the thing even more and more. It makes you wonder whether going to church is more important than God himself.
https://www.nairaland.com/913787/5-things-turn-christians-into#10588327

Lol as you can see, my Aunt was the religious one
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by wiegraf: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2012
grin grin^^^
grin^^^
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2012
cyrexx:

LOL, you are right. its the end time for religion and superstition and a new age for logical reasoning and rejection of religious dogma. get ready for it.
tongue tongue tongue tongue

10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.

11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;

14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.

15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.

16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by plaetton: 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Is that a threat? Boko Haram alert!!!

Hey Logigbwoy,

Dont you get the message?
The guy is saying you have no right to insult him, and that by virtue of his faith, he has exclusive right to insult at will.
And he just upped the ante by threatening you.
I Wonder if that is a product of faith or just a personality disorder.
Stop wasting your energy on this back and forth thing. You are dealing with an immature boy with a pathological need to lash out. I am guessing that was probably an abused child or is someone of very very short physical stature.
His father must have screemed "fool,idiot, fool,idiot, fool" so much into his head that the words got permanently embedded into his consciouness.
Now, he cannot even get an e.rection without shouting "fool,idiot, fool, idiot".
He he he. grin cheesy
lmao

He calls me a conspiracy theory nut.
Yes, ofcourse I am.
Give a dog a bad name and hang it.
I guess he is a conspiracy squirrel.
As long as there such things as conspiracies, then there will always be conspiracy nuts like me.
Infact, conspiracy theories are the modern equivalents of Heretics.
So I gladly wear the name as a great badge of honour.

But wait, this same squirrel subscribes to the most laughable and ridiculous conspiracy theory ever sold, namely that:

That a mysterious sky daddy created the universe in 7 days some 6000 years ago,
That a talking snake misled adam and eve to sin for which all of creation is condemned to suffer.
That skydaddy impregnated a virgin(more like rape) to beget a son to sacrifice to himself to settle the infinite debt of mankind.
That the jews then CONSPIRED to kill this man(exactly what skydaddy wanted) who then resurrects after 3 daysand thereafter flies back to heaven , promising to comeback soon. But nothing changed, the world remained the same. Sin and wars even increased a million fold. So what exacatly did this so-called son sky daddy achieve? I will tell you. wars, more wars, hate, more hate, division, more division.
This same squirrel also subscribes to the theory that the devil, the anti-christ and all their invisible demons are causing havoc and recruiting souls for an inevitable galactic battle with the armies of skydaddy when skydaddy's son returns from heaven.

Now imagine someone who subscribes to all of the above crap having the guts to call another person a conspiracy nut.
Who is the nut here?
Stupidity on parade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Enigma(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
Per Sir Francis Bacon the genius wink

. . . nothing can be more justly allotted to be the saying of fools than this: "there is no God".

cool
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
plaetton:

Hey Logigbwoy,

Dont you get the message?
The guy is saying you have no right to insult him, and that by virtue of his faith, he has exclusive right to insult at will.
And he just upped the ante by threatening you.
I Wonder if that is a product of faith or just a personality disorder.
Stop wasting your energy on this back and forth thing. You are dealing with an immature boy with a pathological need to lash out. I am guessing that was probably an abused child or is someone of very very short physical stature.
His father must have screemed "fool,idiot, fool,idiot, fool" so much into his head that the words got permanently embedded into his consciouness.
Now, he cannot even get an e.rection without shouting "fool,idiot, fool, idiot".
He he he. grin cheesy
lmao

He calls me a conspiracy theory nut.
Yes, ofcourse I am.
Give a dog a bad name and hang it.
I guess he is a conspiracy squirrel.
As long as there such things as conspiracies, then there will always be conspiracy nuts like me.
Infact, conspiracy theories are the modern equivalents of Heretics.
So I gladly wear the name as a great badge of honour.

But wait, this same squirrel subscribes to the most laughable and ridiculous conspiracy theory ever sold, namely that:

That a mysterious sky daddy created the universe in 7 days some 6000 years ago,
That a talking snake misled adam and eve to sin for which all of creation is condemned to suffer.
That skydaddy impregnated a virgin(more like rape) to beget a son to sacrifice to himself to settle the infinite debt of mankind.
That the jews then CONSPIRED to kill this man(exactly what skydaddy wanted) who then resurrects after 3 daysand thereafter flies back to heaven , promising to comeback soon. But nothing changed, the world remained the same. Sin and wars even increased a million fold. So what exacatly did this so-called son sky daddy achieve? I will tell you. wars, more wars, hate, more hate, division, more division.
This same squirrel also subscribes to the theory that the devil, the anti-christ and all their invisible demons are causing havoc and recruiting souls for an inevitable galactic battle with the armies of skydaddy when skydaddy's son returns from heaven.

Now imagine someone who subscribes to all of the above crap having the guts to call another person a conspiracy nut.
Who is the nut here?
Stupidity on parade.

Thank you. grin grin grin
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by blaqoracle: 10:06am On Feb 06, 2013
[quote author=Enigma]

Hmmmmm smiley

- etc etc etc

Yeah, real "liberat
Re: The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists by Logicbwoy: 10:27am On Jun 16, 2019
Internet church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / What's Your Prophecy For 2020 / Will Bad People Burn In Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.