Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 - Business (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 (109975 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

i noticed that if you click on any forex pair or index, it will open a page where you can access technical indicators for that pair.

I had like 80% success trading DAX and FTSE with it yday, but CAC and others were 50% .

I assumed it was the time offset that caused it, so i switched to forex pairs.
B4 I posted this, I had tried a lot of ways 2 get a signal from forexpro. Traded indices, commodities, forex, with different strategies. B4 sticking to this.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

i noticed that if you click on any forex pair or index, it will open a page where you can access technical indicators for that pair.

I had like 80% success rate trading DAX and FTSE with it yday, but CAC and others were 50% .

I assumed it was the time offset that caused it, so i switched to forex pairs.

with currency pairs, i could execute immediately without the 10mins delay of indices.

I opened all the major pairs in seperate tabs and scanned them every 5mins, checking from 5min tf to 5hr tf.

If i get 3 strong sells on 5mins tf, i bet for 5mins +/- 2mins. If not, i move to the next tf and keep moving till i get a tf with 3 ss and i bet +/- 2mins to that tf.

I had like 80% with usdcad, 70% with nu and au, and 60% with uj, which is why i am here.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 11:56am On Aug 21, 2012
rightlagos: I will advise u to study my explanation 4rm d beginning of d introduction of d strategy. U need some basic knowledge of forex, as it is not possible for us to be explaining d forex 101. Like some1 who called me ystrday & askd quez on d strategy. I asked him to wait till AMERICAN SESSION b4 placing a new trade. He asked me d meaning of a new session. But I told him 2 just go & learn 4x for just few days & come bak.

I think there are 3 trading sessions in forex;London session, American session and Asian session. My question is what Nigerian time do they start and end?
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 11:57am On Aug 21, 2012
Kirinwa:

Bros are you saying that we can trade it directly for forex
What time frame do we go on BOM when the strong buy/sell appears?God knows I have tried looking for use index it doesn't exist atleast to my knowledge in fxpros or is it. DAX
Is there no symbol for it.Bros helep me o.
No problem. Pls where are u located? u can post it here. U can go to anyone who is close to ur place in d forum to help u out. Sebi na to just open d thing so dat u see it clearly and be able to trade it?
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 12:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
What is the symbol for Us index.Somebody help.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kirinwa:

I think there are 3 trading sessions in forex;London session, American session and Asian session. My question is what Nigerian time do they start and end?
GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE. That is my best teacher. go to forexmarkethours.com ortype forex market hours on google. u will see d 3. european session is around 8 amnigerian time. American is around 1 pm naija time while asia is around 1 am. naija time is GMT+1
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

with currency pairs, i could execute immediately without the 10mins delay of indices.

I opened all the major pairs in seperate tabs and scanned them every 5mins, checking from 5min tf to 5hr tf.

If i get 3 strong sells on 5mins tf, i bet for 5mins +/- 2mins. If not, i move to the next tf and keep moving till i get a tf with 3 ss and i bet +/- 2mins to that tf.

I had like 80% with usdcad, 70% with nu and au, and 60% with uj, which is why i am here.

after some time trading uj, all the signals were strong sell from 5mins tf to 5hr.

Meanwhile, uj was rising on the chart.

The interesting thing is that while the uj indicators were showing ss, the sentiment bar was showing 75% bullish, and my charts confired it as well.

My conclusion is that some/all the indicators on forexpro lag, which is why i would like to read your reviews as well.

For now, i'll use d indicators to set my duration, and use the sentiment bar and charts to buy/sell.

Or better still, make trades only when sentiments/charts correspond with indicators.

Whats your strategy?
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 12:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
rightlagos: No problem. Pls where are u located? u can post it here. U can go to anyone who is close to ur place in d forum to help u out. Sebi na to just open d thing so dat u see it clearly and be able to trade it?

I don't know if I am the only one having this problem. Is it from the link or my mobile phone?Wetin. is the symbol for us index. You said it is forex not indices.I followed the link.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

nice 1. yesterday, i advised pple to use multiple timeframe analysis. if u av been trading forex u will know that it is not advisable to use only one timeframe. check previous posts
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
[quote author=EnterPRO]

after some time trading uj, all the signals were strong sell from 5mins tf to 5hr.

Meanwhile, uj was rising on the chart.

The interesting thing is that while the uj indicators were showing ss, the sentiment bar was showing 75% bullish, and my charts confired it as well.

My conclusion is that some/all the indicators on forexpro lag, which is why i would like to read your reviews as well.

For now, i'll use d indicators to set my duration, and use the sentiment bar and c d issue is that d strong sell signal had been formed and d mkt had moved before u checked it out. it is not lagging. it is a live streaming signal. i advised pple yesterday to watch d formation before they enter. i wait before d session, see how d marlet is. then when d signal comes i enter. otherwise u will be entering late @ d middle or end of d trend.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kirinwa:

GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE. That is my best teacher. go to forexmarkethours.com ortype forex market hours on google. u will see d 3. european session is around 8 amnigerian time. American is around 1 pm naija time while asia is around 1 am. naija time is GMT+1
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2012
rightlagos: no problem. we are here to help each other. u will see usd index by d left. indices are by d right. follow d link by dgr8. Note that d USD INDEX is FOREX not indices. It is a mesure of d strength of usd against other currencies. Ok?

According to the link there are 3 options Forex, Indices and Commodity. No us index
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
rightlagos: B4 I posted this, I had tried a lot of ways 2 get a signal from forexpro. Traded indices, commodities, forex, with different strategies. B4 sticking to this.

by this, i assume:

1. Trading only at the start of each session

2. Basing your buy/sell on the strenght of the dollar index alone, without using the technicals for the pair you decide to trade?

3. As long as dollar index is weak, you sell uj without checking uj indi, and buy eu without checking eu indy? Am i right?

Thanks
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
If Us index is forex,what is the symbol for it?
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kirinwa:

According to the link there are 3 options Forex, Indices and Commodity. No us index

when you get to forexpro, you'll find usd index under forex tab on the small box on your right. Click on it, or access it via google search.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by puskin: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

have you tried the Forexpro signals?

I tried it yesterday with mixed results.

Would like to hear the success rate from others before concluding sha.

I used dat forexpro stuff sometime back......gave me some good results.
But now i've dumped every strategy and gone back to babypips to read.......cos I intend opening another BOM account......where i intend to break all the rules concerning money management/risk management/trade management.......people go shout now...lol

Well, on that account, my rule is simple............only enter a trade when all the indicators I have installed(LST, DDFX, MBFX.....henryliu.......some don't even have names) and the default(Stoch, RSI, ADX etc) ones plus other trade news agree/support one thing.

Its time to enter dangerous grounds with BOM.

Two accounts.........two sets of rules

1 Like

Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

by this, i assume:

2. Basing your buy/sell on the strenght of the dollar index alone, without using the technicals for the pair you decide to trade?

3. As long as dollar index is weak, you sell uj without checking uj indi, and buy eu without checking eu indy? Am i right?

Let me add he said it's for 15mins in BOM.Bros you seem to have seen us index. How manage?

Thanks
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
dukellan:

Lol, I wish there was some other way. What strategy do u use and how's it working out so far? For your pivots, you can use the indicator I have attached to this post.

what do you think about the pivot points on forexpro? Under technicals for each pair?
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

by this, i assume:

Thanks
tnx brother. I have explained everytghing there. U know d LAW OF DIMINISHING MARGINAL RETURNS will set in. Soon, we may not be able to be contributing on d post like before.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:41pm On Aug 21, 2012
puskin:

I used dat forexpro stuff sometime back......gave me some good results.
But now i've dumped every strategy and gone back to babypips to read.......cos I intend opening another BOM account......where i intend to break all the rules concerning money management/risk management/trade management.......people go shout now...lol

Well, on that account, my rule is simple............only enter a trade when all the indicators I have installed(LST, DDFX, MBFX.....henryliu.......some don't even have names) and the default(Stoch, RSI, ADX etc) ones plus other trade news agree/support one thing.

Its time to enter dangerous grounds with BOM.

Two accounts.........two sets of rules

looool ! U wan comot cutlass hack d thing shey?

See arsenal! BOM go fear.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by puskin: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kirinwa: If Us index is forex,what is the symbol for it?

it is written as this in most FX platforms.......#USDX
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
rightlagos: tnx brother. I have explained everytghing there. U know d LAW OF DIMINISHING MARGINAL RETURNS will set in. Soon, we may not be able to be contributing on d post like before.

i dont understand what you mean but if thats your strategy, all well and good.

I've outlined my strategy earlier.

Waiting to read/hear from others on what works for them.

We learn everyday.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by EnterPRO: 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Kirinwa: If Us index is forex,what is the symbol for it?

www.forexpros.com/quotes/us-dollar-index

the symbol is US Dollar Index or DXU2
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
http://www.forexpros.com/technical/

From the above page, you can see two currency pairs EU and GU, with different time frames. When any of the time frames is "neutral", i wait for it to change to "strong buy" or "strong sell" and immediately enter my bet. I have been trying it out on my demo account since yesterday that Rightlagos posted about the site and the results have been favourable.

I have only been betting on EU, GU and sometimes UJ.

My own two cents...

1 Like

Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by dagr8(m): 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Kirinwa. the Us index is a measure of the strength of d US dollar against other currencies nt a tradable index on its own. u use it to trade UJ, EU, GU,UC AU. So it does nt av symbol
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by dagr8(m): 1:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Kirinwa. the Us index is a measure of the strength of d US dollar against other currencies nt a tradable index on its own. u use it to trade UJ, EU, GU,UC AU. So it does nt av symbol like u are thinking
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 1:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
dagr8: @Kirinwa. the Us index is a measure of the strength of d US dollar against other currencies nt a tradable index on its own. u use it to trade UJ, EU, GU,UC AU. So it does nt av symbol like u are thinking
tnx dagr8. I think some1 can be expaining d basics
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
[quote author=puskin]

[font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt][color=#006600]I used dat forexpro stuff sometime back......gave me some good results.

Well, on that account, my rule is simple............only enter a trade when all th small small o brother.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by Kirinwa: 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
sleek09: http://www.forexpros.com/technical/

From the above page, you can see two currency pairs EU and GU, with different time frames. When any of the time frames is "neutral", i wait for it to change to "strong buy" or "strong sell" and immediately enter my bet. I have been trying it out on my demo account since yesterday that Rightlagos posted about the site and the results have been favourable.

I have only been betting on EU, GU and sometimes UJ.

My own two cents...

I think your strategy is straightforward and hopefully I'll $oon contribute my 50 cents. grin Is it the same time frame in both fxpros that you use in BOM?
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by jtmoneyjt: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
I have an indicator called the usdx, which is used to measure the strength of the dollar to other currencies
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

We learn everyday.
d new 2 strategies @ my disposal right now where discovered by me last week. It is due 2 my inquisitiveness. Anytime I find a better strategy, I discard d former ones in d dustbin. this forexpros usd index stuff, i see it as simple and direct, that is why i threw it to d house. D other one i discovered last wk friday i am using it personally. it is somehow professional. I don't use MT4. d last time i checked it was 4 months ago. I used it for 3 yrs, nothing came out of it.
Re: Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 by rightlagos: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
EnterPRO:

We learn everyday.
i have 2 strategies. I got both last week. I released 1 to d house cos it is simple and straightforward.. The other one is rare to come by. it is more professional. I just watch it like a TV and know what is happening, and when to enter and exit d mrket. WONDERFUL. from a free website

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (104) (Reply)

Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? / For Nairabet Customers And Agents: Free Bets, Bonuses, Questions Etc / A Profitable Business You Can Start With 15,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.