Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido (14163 Views)

President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
aribisala0:
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT STUFF!!! KEEP IT UP

same gay posting

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by DisGuy: 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Ok! Isn't Access Bank registered in Nigeria? Isn't this an indirect way of registering lack of faith in the Nigerian system then?

That's kind of like NBA going to the UK to sue, Kobi Bryant or something. lol

I think Access subsidary in UK, not too sure , i read the main article in the FT, couldnt get access to it anymore

according to new uk laws i think residents can be sued for crimes committed abroad cheesy

so mr Akingbola went from frying kpanu to fire!! just like Ibori and Alams
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
THE IMAM of CBN....nigeria book of records
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Moralistli(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
What about Ibru's?
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by alaoeri: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Clerverly: Mr. Sanusi, will that action repay the already battered economy you engineered? It seems you have personal beef with this Akingbola given the fact that the person you appointed to replace him is even worse-off. Abeg take it easy, but wait ooo are you even the police that would implement the judgement
Once heard it that erastus & sanusi are not in good terms when sanusi was at first bank. Anyway pity the guy.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
alaoeri:
Once heard it that erastus & sanusi are not in good terms when sanusi was at first bank. Anyway pity the guy.

see your life... this dude was into insider trading, outright theft and embezzlement of depositors funds and you still pity him because he has to refund 126billion Naira of stolen funds.

Nigerians are the corruption and not the system.
The people after all make the system.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Every Day for the thief, One Day for the owner!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
mimifonwon:
what most of you dont know is that by virtue of nigeria being a former gbr colony, the citizens that go to stay more than 90 days can be charged with whatever and have to stay in uk to face the punishment...no extradictions, because we know they would get away wit it, if they are extradicted to naija to face the pun ishment. i actually prefer it this way,that uk try these criminals instead of naija crooked justice system..

My Question has nothing to do with what can happen in the UK.

This is a bank with about 70% of their customers there in Nigeria, reaching out to the british government in order to get justice. That is slap on the face of the Nigeria Judiciary System. I will not be alarmed to see the numbers go up on number of firms, and individuals taking their cases abroad in search of justice.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
Dis Guy:

I think Access subsidary in UK, not too sure , i read the main article in the FT, couldnt get access to it anymore

according to new uk laws i think residents can be sued for crimes committed abroad cheesy

so mr Akingbola went from frying kpanu to fire!! just like Ibori and Alams

If this is true, this is awesome. . . . at least we now know we can getter better justice out in the UK. grin

It might be a good idea to start sending our cases abroad since that is where Justice seems to live.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Deen4me(m): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
I taya o !

A thief is being brought to justice , and some morons are saying they should take it easy with him.

That Sanusi has a vendetta against him.

So what ?

Did he or did he not embezzle funds ?

Soon after these same morons will come out and say Nigeria is corrupt.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
Deen4me: I taya o !

A thief is being brought to justice , and some morons are saying they should take it easy with him.

That Sanusi has a vendetta against him.

So what ?

Did he or did he not embezzle funds ?

Soon after these same morons will come out and say Nigeria is corrupt.

nah yoruba justice be that.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by anyhow123: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
2mch: Since when did the appointment as CBN governor become an office of enforcement? Mr. Sanusi should be reminded that he got his job through chop i chop process, so his word carries no weight and is out of his jurisdiction. He should not even be coming out to talk.Well he shows his character here, like his articles. Too much talk, little brain. Like a little child and its tantrums. Akingbola will meet his fate, but not on Sanusi the warlord's terms. Nigeria has a justice system, no matter how ridiculous it is. We still need to look into Sanusi's liquidation of his enemies banks and how that has caused rise in unemployment.
onpoint
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2012

FOR ONCE SANUSI GETS IT RIGHT!!! KEEP IT UP SLS .
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Deen4me(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
O.D.B.:

nah yoruba justice be that.

We are done for in this country .

If this is the reasoning of a larger percentage of people then we are going nowhere

Lets call a spade a spade

Akingbola stole and he is facing the music.

No need for na my churuch or pastor or my tribe im come from , and all of that bull crap
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Fhemmmy: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
Dis Guy:

the case was brought before the london courts when pastor Akin was briefly staying/living in london avoiding EFCC, it ws brought BY Access bank

na this kind comment they sweet me, GEJ should learn from this
'

Then all they could have done was for Nigeria to apply to have the dude sent back to Nigeria, but not trying him in London . . Although, better he was tried in London Sha, cos justice might be served, so i guess it is time to send all the past leader to London cos most are . . . .
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Lebee4(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: I still ask this. Did Nigeria outsource it's justice system or what? Why is Akingbola being tried in London when this issue happened here in Nigeria? Why is Sanusi in London commenting on this case? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
still trying to figure this out.
tears drop from my eyes for this country.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lebee4:
still trying to figure this out.
tears drop from my eyes for this country.

because the likes of Salami and others will see to it that Justice delayed is Justice scurried!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by airfinance(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
I don't know why we nigerians are just to sentimental and tribalisistic when it comes to making comment and supporting who has erred in one or the other. Let's us all be civil and forget about personal religion social and ethnic differences. This man has liquidated intercontinental bank having stolen billions of naira depositors money.the judgement given in the UK is basic and should be applauded. Nigeria judicial system is corrupt,this same man was said to have bin cleared in Nigeria of corrupt practices. I am speaking as a youba man. He deserves to be put behind bars for the rest of his life. OLE

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
airfinance: I don't know why we nigerians are just to sentimental and tribalisistic when it comes to making comment and supporting who has erred in one or the other. Let's us all be civil and forget about personal religion social and ethnic differences. This man has liquidated intercontinental bank having stolen billions of naira depositors money.the judgement given in the UK is basic and should be applauded. Nigeria judicial system is corrupt,this same man was said to have bin cleared in Nigeria of corrupt practices. I am speaking as a youba man. He deserves to be put behind bars for the rest of his life. OLE

abeg help me shout am ohhh before them change this thread to anti-Sanusi.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by mbhs139(m): 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
It is very disheartning to hear and see educated people reason this way ... little wonder the country is not making progress in every facets of its life. A court of competent jurisdiction has given judgement against someone for criminally enriching himself, and we are here finding excuises for him?! Hmmm!!! Na wa o!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by mbhs139(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
airfinance: I don't know why we nigerians are just to sentimental and tribalisistic when it comes to making comment and supporting who has erred in one or the other. Let's us all be civil and forget about personal religion social and ethnic differences. This man has liquidated intercontinental bank having stolen billions of naira depositors money.the judgement given in the UK is basic and should be applauded. Nigeria judicial system is corrupt,this same man was said to have bin cleared in Nigeria of corrupt practices. I am speaking as a youba man. He deserves to be put behind bars for the rest of his life. OLE

That's Niger for you ... always tribalistic in everything. Nonsense!!!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
Whether Akingbola is a thief or not a thief is a story for another day. Whether Sanusi is becoming too sentimental in his CBN job is a story for another day. What beats my imagination is the corruption in our Judicial system. Justice is now outsourced to our Colonial masters, and we shamelessly still celebrate independence every October 1st. I have on several occasions pointed out that each time the executive arm of government initiates prosecution, the judicial arms discharges and acquits the culprits and then we keep blaming GEJ. This is a classic example of Neo-Colonialism. The name of this movie should be; Nigeria Justice Outsourced, Part 2. You all know Part 1. Having said this, I need to go celebrate the memorial of the Fela, the king of Ganja......By the way, Musiwa, thank you for the satellite pictures grin grin grin
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by occam(m): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
[quote author=Fhemmmy]'

Then all they could have done was for Nigeria to apply to have the dude sent back to Nigeria, but not trying him in London . . Although, better he was tried in London Sha, cos justice might be served, so i guess it is time to send all the past leader to London cos most are . . . . [/quote

Our justice system is broken. If I recall this guy was charged in Court, but the Judge dismissed the case because EFCC fumbled; lack of evidence or bad presentation. Not sure about details

The only thing is can they recover the N162 billion ($1 billion) from him? No be Naija
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by wasiudvd(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
A thief should be dealt with!
But in dis case i smell rat. Sum1 said access bank sued him while he was still in d UK, buh Akingbola was already in Nigeria when access took over intercontinental, so how come access?
If any kobo is recorvered from dat man, it should belong to AMCON, not access, cos our tax was used to buy the toxic credits of d bank ( as claimed by mallam), befor he sold to Aig @ a rediculous price.
The MD appointed by mallam was accused of... Where is he today? Has he not travelled to d UK after dat? So why is access not sueing him in d UK?
What about all the people oweing intercontinental then? Why are dey not paying back with their properties?Aig inclusive, saraki too. Why is saraki's loan written-off?
Why is intercontinental sold for that amount? To her debtor. We all knw there are better bids.
I am not saying Akingbola should nt be purnished o, buh why is sanusi taking it personal? And what is d impact of his reform and policy on our economy?
I stand to be corrected.

2 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by PaulJohn1: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
karpentar:

What's your point. Are you saying akingbola is not a thief? or are you suggesting that even if he's a thief, he should not be prosecuted just because sanusi has beef with him? what's just your point? I don't know how people reason on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read his post again, he didn't say the guy is not a thief. He's a thief and anything worse than selling his properties should be done to him. But the beef of Akigbola by Sanusi shouldn't be overlooked, is Akigbola the worse thief we have? Or are there no worse thieves all around the country that Sanusi pretend not to see their evil acts? Let's stop been bias and be truthful sometimes. I not defending Akingbola with this, he should even be behind bars for the rest of his life after his properties has been sold.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
Paul John:

Read his post again, he didn't say the guy is not a thief. He's a thief and anything worse than selling his properties should be done to him. But the beef of Akigbola by Sanusi shouldn't be overlooked, is Akigbola the worse thief we have? Or are there no worse thieves all around the country that Sanusi pretend not to see their evil acts? Let's stop been bias and be truthful sometimes. I not defending Akingbola with this, he should even be behind bars for the rest of his life after his properties has been sold.

LETS START WITH HIM
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by emsquare(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: I still ask this. Did Nigeria outsource it's justice system or what? Why is Akingbola being tried in London when this issue happened here in Nigeria? Why is Sanusi in London commenting on this case? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I tire ooo!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by olusolaadedoyi: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Akingbola is guilty! Agreed! Inside trading of shares/stock is a big crime in the western world. The british have every right to persecute him if has done some trading in the UK..i even love the british judiciary! I would love it if they persecute all these corrupt nigerians, our legal system in nigeria is a joke! The ibori case proved it..but to be honest, everybody in the banking sector knows Sanusi has something personal for Akingbola and Cecilia Ibru..Sanusi is not a saint! He is a criminal like Akingbola too..one day, these thieves will pay for their deeds

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by solgee(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
hmmmm... Another drama in making
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ossaisly(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Why are we letting tribalism to tear us apart? Can't we learn from India? Weather witch haunt or anything,it should a lesson to others.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by PaulJohn1: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
O.D.B.:

LETS START WITH HIM

Of course we should. But shouldn't forget about the factors surrounding it.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by niyooo(m): 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Access bank did not institute the case against Akingbola, Lai Alabi, the stooge SLS put in charge of Intercontinental bank did that when he was in charge. When Access took over Intercontinental, it took over the case. Having said that Sanusi should learn to keep his mouth shut. There was no reason for him to be saying all that. It's not the CBN's job to dispose of properties of looters. There are other Government agencies set up to do that. He should concentrate on trying to get Nigeria out of the economic doldrums he has plunged us into. Sanusi's time will come eventually. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Akingbola should bear his cross. He stole people's money and should therefore pay for his crimes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Silicon Valley, I Was Amazed To Read This Post / Presidency Blames Power Contest, Anti-graft War For Killings / Fg Approves N206bn For 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.