Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido (14164 Views)

President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Dainfamous: 10:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
A thief is a thief simple and short stolen money is not yours,and never will,what will he gain now his image and his family is tarnish in this millennia ? na only his great great great grand children will be free from the bad image he brought to his generations
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by sessydoo(m): 10:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
Dis Guy:

Go and find out? why dont you want to tell us?

ARe the other Directors not in court as we speak?

The banking sector was buzzing with recruitment fairs, doesnt make it the highest employer of labour by any stretch of imagination, some banks dont have upto 6000 workers, even Banking sector in US is also a shadow of itself in terms of recruitment, but thanks to their govt they are on some defined path of recovery

Its not appropriate to say certain thins on this forum. when i said other Directors, im not referring to those in court, im talking abt other MDs that stole more than those under trial but bc of their relationship wt sanusi n political connection, they are tagged sacred cows. Bros honestly i weep for this nation. politics in naija banks stinks to d highest heaven. may God help us sha
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by violent(m): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: I still ask this. Did Nigeria outsource it's justice system or what? Why is Akingbola being tried in London when this issue happened here in Nigeria? Why is Sanusi in London commenting on this case? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

If part of his stolen loots were used to purchase assets or conduct business in the UK, then he may be in breach of UK criminal and money laundering laws.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by billyG(m): 10:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
I think dis Thief(Dr)Erastus Akingbola & his likes need 2be jailed in d UK like Thief Onanefe james ibori grin grin grin
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by biggzman: 11:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
Bizzman!
Sanusi shld nt rejoice ova anoda mans fall cuz 1 dy he will explain wat happen to the huge fun govt inject to rescue the so call fail banks which @ the end he sanusi put them up 4 sale.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 03, 2012
The man has a personal beef with everybody including the shattered Nigerian economy.

Omo busy body

Tony Spike: I'm beginning to conclude that CBN governor has personal beef with Erastus Akingbola. I hope I an very wrong about this though...
grin
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by YungG(m): 1:29am On Aug 03, 2012
Kobojunkie: I still ask this. Did Nigeria outsource it's justice system or what? Why is Akingbola being tried in London when this issue happened here in Nigeria? Why is Sanusi in London commenting on this case? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
my brother it's not better for us to get justice elsewhere since our our justice system have not convicted any high profile cases involing people who call the shots. It's only jailing of common man on the street of nigeria,thats the only ones our justice system can do.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ebere1712: 1:29am On Aug 03, 2012
Akingbola is a thief and should be jailed. Sanusi is incompetent and sectarian, he should be sacked.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Ninilowo(m): 2:24am On Aug 03, 2012
Tony Spike: I'm beginning to conclude that CBN governor has personal beef with Erastus Akingbola. I hope I an very wrong about this though...
U are no wrong dear! it is along story. Akingbola approached sanusi for a loan to publish his monthly prayer book "Grace so Amazing" and he refused. So Akingbola told him that come worth may, the book will come for that month and truely, the book came out. Since then sanusi had been on Akingbola's neck and unfortunately for Akingbola sanusi was made the CBN governor. that is the summary of the whole issue.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Ninilowo(m): 2:26am On Aug 03, 2012
ebere1712: Akingbola is a thief and should be jailed. Sanusi is incompetent and sectarian, he should be sacked.
Gbam!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by pcicero(m): 3:16am On Aug 03, 2012
Ninilowo:
U are no wrong dear! it is along story. Akingbola approached sanusi for a loan to publish his monthly prayer book "Grace so Amazing" and he refused. So Akingbola told him that come worth may, the book will come for that month and truely, the book came out. Since then sanusi had been on Akingbola's neck and unfortunately for Akingbola sanusi was made the CBN governor. that is the summary of the whole issue.

This story doesn't add up. Akingbola approached Sanusi for a loan to publish 'The Word for Today'? At some point in this country Akingbola was controlling about four banks- Equity, Global, Gateway and Intercontinental. Where was Sanusi then?

Or was it after Intercontinental had become a behemoth that he sought for the loan?

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by yankidelta(m): 4:40am On Aug 03, 2012
Just as U̶̲̥̅̊ did with Intercontinental Bank,dash your cronies then claim they bought it!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Chidosqi: 4:48am On Aug 03, 2012
There is an angle we are not seeing.
This Access Bank, did they buy a run-down ICB only to boost itbwith Pastor Akin's loot.
I believe Access Bank has serious connection with purpose regulators.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by nagoma(m): 4:54am On Aug 03, 2012
Honeycity: why is that mallam bent on sending Akingbola back to his village
it appears there more to it than meet the ordinary eyes

Rubbish , why are you supporting a thief?
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ocelot2006(m): 5:48am On Aug 03, 2012
sessydoo:

Its not appropriate to say certain thins on this forum. when i said other Directors, im not referring to those in court, im talking abt other MDs that stole more than those under trial but bc of their relationship wt sanusi n political connection, they are tagged sacred cows. Bros honestly i weep for this nation. politics in naija banks stinks to d highest heaven. may God help us sha

Your post holds no water. You accused SLS of having some personal grudges against Erastus. Well, the onus is on you to backup you accusation (with proof of course).List out these so-called grudges. Keep in mind that everyone's true ID is hidden in this forum, so there's absolutely no fear of exposure.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by micklplus(m): 6:56am On Aug 03, 2012
We shouldn't tribalise this issue. We should remove sentiment.

I am from south west and I would say, Erastus Akingbola caused everything happening to him now! If he was ethical and upright as MD of intercontinental bank, mallam sanusi wouldn't have been able do anything to him though, I feel strongly that, mallam has a personal score to settle with erastus.

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ijebuboy18(m): 7:32am On Aug 03, 2012
All bank MDs including sanusi steal depositors funds, but akingbola n Cecelia 4got d golden rules for being a thief. NEVER GET CAUGHT.
Personal vendetta or not, if he stole then he should return d money, but if I were akingbola, I would also b scheming 2 expose sanusi's stolen billions 2 n sue him in d UK as well.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by VolvoS60(m): 7:47am On Aug 03, 2012
sessydoo:

U re very correct sir. Right from the days of Sanusi as FBN MD. Go and find out. the Mallam has personal beef for Erastus or else why has he not prosecuted other bank MD thieves? SLS is full of persona vendetta and selective victimisation making the industry that used to be the highest employer of labour to become a shadow of itself. A more intelligent person would do what SLS did (in a diff way) without casuing a systemic failure and panic in that industry. His own time is coming, when a King that knows NOT Pharao would reign and bring this Boko haram CBN Gov to judgement. he sold all the perceived weak banks to his cronies and political Godfathers at 1 kobo (God is watching ooo). pls Dont get me wrong oo, im not in support of what Erastus did, infact hes a disgrace to the banking institution BUT SLS and Co (Saraki, Aig, Layi Alabi etc) are worse off. SLS has killed the banking industry..its very sad and appalling. My heart bleeds for a nation so blessed with natural n human resources but cursed with thieves n rogues in Govt....when Sanusi finishes playing his Godfathers' scripts, he should tell us o. and to think dat some gullible consider this rogue called SLS as a saint...mtchewwwww. fresh air abegiiiiiii. His own judgement time is by the corner

Read occam's post.

He gave clear details of how Mr Akingbola broke the law.

That, my friend is the kind of post we want. Hard facts. Not the emotional outburst you have up there about 'personal vendetta and selective victimisation'. If indeed Mallam SLS is being selective then say so WITH FACTS to back your position up. Don't try to confuse people here with some careless talk about SLS 'making the industry that used to be the highest employer of labour to become a shadow of itself'. Banking is definitely NOT the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria.

Sir, Cecilia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola broke the law. Simple.

Go back and find out about how Nigerian bank management staff abused their positions and used margin trading to run their organisations aground. And do not give the impression that Erastus has been unfairly targeted. What of Bank PHB's Francis Atuche? What of Afribank's Seb Adigwe? What of Union Bank's fomer MD? Are they not facing trial too? Were they not charged?
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by collins011(m): 7:57am On Aug 03, 2012
O.D.B.:
This country is finished?

We have outsourced our Judiciary to the British.

We are the joke of the world.

yes call it whatever so far it gives us the much needed justice i will suggest we outsource more to them including sanusi own when he leaves office
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by samguru(m): 8:12am On Aug 03, 2012
what a hell does Sanusi thought he is doing?,crippling the economy,increasing the unemployment rate,destroying the value of Nigerian currency at the expense of prosecuting his personal enemies.this guy should stop deceiving us as there is no ideal banking system in the world.perhaps the remaining issue is purely legal matter and CBN lacks jurisdiction over this
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2012
paveinc: whats ur point?

you dey ask musiwa whats his point?[size=18pt][/size] grin grin men u must be an illiterate! it takes only very intelligent people to decipher musiwa's posts!

Bruv musi abeg share me some of that bong u took before typing your post - that one na the best of the best so far! wink wink
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by pcicero(m): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2012
greateros:

you dey ask musiwa whats his point?[size=18pt][/size] grin grin men u must be an illiterate! it takes only very intelligent people to decipher musiwa's posts!

Bruv musi abeg share me some of that bong u took before typing your post - that one na the best of the best so far! wink wink

grin grin grin
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Rexyl(m): 10:16am On Aug 03, 2012
before and since then how well has our economy performed? To me the whole issue is like stripping one and covering the other. Hypocrisy everywhere! Time will tell what will be the lots of the hunted and the hunter, the criminal and the crime committed, and the one trying to gain some advantages while the system is still declining in benefits.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by dvee2: 11:52am On Aug 03, 2012
Notice how those criticising sanusi have not come up with any congent reason less sentiment and hearsay. The question is, did akingbola steal? yes or no. personal beef my ass,let us accept you have a personnal beef with someone that have stolen, as a policeman will you set him free and say oh no i dont want to be seen as arresting my enemy? common sense my friends.
Secondly, for your own sake please be informed that there is a new law in britain right now that bribery/crimes commited by companies/people having connection with Britain are liable to prosecution even when the crime is not commited in britain. be warned.If part of his stolen loots were used to purchase assets or conduct business in the UK, then he may be in breach of UK criminal and money laundering laws.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by jpphilips(m): 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
mikeapollo: Sanusi does not have any personal beef with anybody. What he said is based on the principle of recovery stolent funds...if you dont have the cash, your assets will be liquidated to pay what you stole. That is a global practice.
In any case, Cecilia Ibru's properties in Nigeria and abroad suffered the same fate! Was Sanusi also having a personal beef with her?

A crook uses his stolen money to create some conspiracy theory in the media inorder to shield him from prosecution and some people are already deceived!

It baffles me how some Nigerians think! People that went to school still talking like illiterates!

who told you they went to school?
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by tantan: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
Honeycity: why is that mallam bent on sending Akingbola back to his village
it appears there more to it than meet the ordinary eyes
another retarded criminal is typing nonsense.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by pluto04(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Is Sanusi a staff of Access Bank or is he now a court bailiff? Why is talking like this? I think he is in the wrong job! He needs to quit as CBN Governor and become a court bailiff!!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by fuke(m): 6:48am On Aug 04, 2012
My son says Sanusi has a personal axe to grind with Akingbola
and he has interest in Access bank.

I now believe him.

We now have a judgement against Akingbola, who are they?

Sanusi is not FG

Feudal slip.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by omonija2000(m): 7:55am On Aug 04, 2012
. Because Nigerian judges are corrupted, all they think is to amass wealth thereby giving justice to highest bidders
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Rexyl(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
Who has never committed any offence should throw the first stone. If this Sanusi has never committed any financial crime before being in this position and since he has being in this position he is justified but if he is found wanting in any way then he is just victimizing his helpless colleague probably for certain goal knowing clearly to him and his assistants. Consider it all round, Justice or victimization on stage! I know if Akingbola is another Aboki this matter would have taken a different shape. Somebody should be truthful here.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by mastro: 2:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
What the hell is wrong with people here.

The guy is a thief, a pious thief, which is the worst kind.

My people who are his people would shout OLE,

Yet we still have people here who are defending him, most likely they are thieves as well, birds of a feather.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why NAMA Diverted Wamakko’s Aircraft / Why Dogara Did Not Brief The House Of Reps On Buhari’s Health – House Leader / Muideen Olalekan Tells Senate He Is A Card Carrying Member Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.