Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Do African Americans Have A Culture? - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do African Americans Have A Culture? (58579 Views)

Do African People Even Care About Tradition, Culture, Language And Heritage Stil / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Do African's Love Asian People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Go Down)

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
mags5222:

No it isn't you clown! We adapted our own unique culture here period! What do you think you are better than black folks?
Bwahaha... You are very funny. You are now resorting to cheap excuse to support your irrelevant points. No, I don't think I am better than black folks. You made that up!
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
african americans regard Lionel richie who is clearly an igbo man as mixed .
only 3 percent of all african americans are mixed with creole ,white or indian like Beyonce or tyra banks. the Media only shows beyonce and tyra banks as the model african americans woman . tyra banks 5 percent creole means nothing .

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
african american want to distance themselves from africa as much as possible because they are ashamed of african culture. they prefer to embrace light skin or creole or latina culture .they are obsessed with light skin Vs dark skin.
they are not claiming dark skin sri lankans ,but they are claiming solomon islanders because solomon islanders have blonde hair and light brown skin .
they prefer to return to africa but only to south africa ,botswana and namibia which are developed and run by mostly whites. they prefer to return to ethiopia which has nothing to do with where slaves were taken.

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
all4naija: To acquire knowledge is a learning curve and it is different from dwelling in the past. Such obsession leads to hate and damages as you have expressed in your posts here.

Can you elaborate on "obsession" and how it leads to hate? And how has my post correlate with anything you have stated? Sorry non of my post were tribal like the rest of these post on this thread.

Anyways like I stated history and remembering the past is important. By your logic the Jews never forgetting the Holocaust is bad, and the same with Americans never forgetting 9/11...
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
all4naija:
Bwahaha... You are very funny. You are now resorting to cheap excuse to support your irrelevant points. No, I don't think I am better than black folks. You made that up!

Yes you do. This is why you think that the culture of black folks is inferior. You see us through the white mans lens.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
sexfiend: african american want to distance themselves from africa as much as possible because they are ashamed of african culture. they prefer to embrace light skin or creole or latina culture .they are obsessed with light skin Vs dark skin.

Where do you get this ridiculous idea from?

1. AA's do not embrace latina(latin) Culture because they don't even speak the language.
2. The only AA's that embrace creole culture are those who actually live in Louisiana and are creole. Since Louisiana has a significant creole population. Other than that I never heard any AA from NY or any other parts of the south like NC saying their creole. I actually have family members in the south.
3. How the heck is a skin tone(light skin) a culture??

The light skin vs dark skin thing is mostly tribal and has to do with being brainwashed in a Eurocentric environment. AA's distancing themselves from Africans is a big and unrealistic statement. There are some self-haters, but I know many AA's(including myself) who are aware their ancestors come from Africa. How about you actually venture onto ACTUAL AA site with SANE repeat SANE AA's to see what they actually think about Africans.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-africa-the-media-doesnt-tell-you-about.211483/
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/african-women-brehs.213902/
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/nigeria-appreciation-thread.220455/

^^^Again that's an majority AA site and they are very fond of Africans. This is why we don't stereotype.

1 Like

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by khiaa(f): 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
GuyFawkes:
Educate me please.

google it. He wasn't german he was born in germany to belgium parents. He was a moor and also nicknamed the black spainard. He was dicriminated against because of his dark skin and he was determined not to let the people make him feel inferior. google for more info.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 11:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
sexfiend: african american want to distance themselves from africa as much as possible because they are ashamed of african culture. they prefer to embrace light skin or creole or latina culture .they are obsessed with light skin Vs dark skin.
they are not claiming dark skin sri lankans ,but they are claiming solomon islanders because solomon islanders have blonde hair and light brown skin .
they prefer to return to africa but only to south africa ,botswana and namibia which are developed and run by mostly whites. they prefer to return to ethiopia which has nothing to do with where slaves were taken.

You realize that these people have a similar culture to the groups in africa. smh By the way you're speaking on the brainwashed folks. smh stop peddling your bull to my people.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
all4naija:
Okay! My apologies! Don't you listen to that idiotic AA who thinks he has no slavery background. Can you imagine that?

Don't push your slave bullcrap on my ancestors. Everyone was and is a slave including yourself.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
all the documentaries on africa shown on discovery channel,bbc and CNN are true .
when the europeans arrived in africa ,they saw africans living like savages ,killing twins and running around naked. although places like benin were well decorated with sculptures . the europeans marvelled at the benin city not because it was greater than London or Paris . they were only intrigued by the exotic arrangement.
africans were running around naked and living in mud huts and trees . in fact ,there are numerous tribes still living in mud huts and trees. one was just discovered last week.
the undiscovered parts of africa are still very much backward ,but coastal parts who were exposed to colonization like Nigeria,ghana etc. no longer live in mud huts . the traditional attires of most nigerian tribes were born out of colonization.

1 Like

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
when Shell discovered the oil in nigeria , the colonial powers set up Nitel(Nigeria telecommunications) , Nigeria railway corp,schools and hospitals . although there are more universities in nigeria today ,the reason is because there are more people today than back then.
thats is why shell controls the oil because they discovered and drilled it and pay Nigerian government royalties which our leaders have been un able to utilize.

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
sexfiend: all the documentary shown on discovery channel,bbc and CNN are true about africa.
when the europeans arrived in africa they saw africans living like savages ,killing twins etc. although places like benin were well decorated with sculptures etc. the europeans marvelled at the benin city not because it was greater than London or Paris . they were only intrigued by the exortic arrangement.
african were running around naked and living in mud huts and trees . in fact there are still numerous still living in mud huts and trees. one was just discovered last week.
the inner undiscovered parts of africa are still very much backward ,but coastal parts who are exposed to colonization like Nigeria,ghana etc. no longer live in mud huts . the traditional attires of most nigerian tribes were born out of colonization.

Wow! This is what happens when you allow the missionaries to teach the children. This is so wrong and is right out of a book of a white racist. So In your mind colonalism = good? Man you got some major stockholm syndrome. smh shocked

2 Likes

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
mags5222:

Wow! This is what happens when you allow the missionaries to teach the children. This is so wrong and is right out of a book of a white racist. So In your mind colonalism = good? Man you got some major stockholm syndrome. smh shocked
sad but true folks .
the only tribes who had some sort of horses and sophisticated dwellings were the northerner such as fulani which are arab /muslim influenced and spread from west to east of the sahel. that is why mensah musa was fulani, queen amina of zaria was fulani etc. you can see the arab/muslim influence.

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
if you watch things fall aprt ,you can see the portrayal of an igbo village before colonization. they walked around naked and lived in mud huts .
that is why the europeans felt superior to them.
the europeans did not feel superior to the japanese or arabs .
it is true that europeans once lived in caves ,but that was thousands of centuries ago. there are still african tribes living in mud huts and trees .
nigerian villages are mostly mud huts .
Nigerians need a good leader to build good roads ,schools hospitals etc. what's the point of trying to claim that black people invented electricity,tv, cars etc. electricity has already been invented ,just implement it.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:

Yes you do. This is why you think that the culture of black folks is inferior. You see us through the white mans lens.
No, I don't! What are you gonna do about that? Jeez! Why must you force primitive culture on me? I don't give a f**k about your f**king f**k!
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:

Don't push your slave bullcrap on my ancestors. Everyone was and is a slave including yourself.

You are delude, dude! You are still talking about the ancestors you have no idea of. You don't even know how they look yet you want to uphold primitive things related to them all in the name of culture. That is total BS!
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: sad but true folks .
the only tribes who had some sort of horses and sophisticated dwellings were the northerner such as fulani which are arab /muslim influenced and spread from west to east of the sahel. that is why mensah musa was fulani, queen amina of zaria was fulani etc. you can see the arab/muslim influence.

I don't see any "Arab" influence but just native Sudanic influence.

And none of the people you mentioned were Fulani. Mansa Musa came from a Mandinka dynasty. And Queen Amina was Hausa NOT Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 12:38am On Sep 12, 2014
all4naija:

You are delude, dude! You are still talking about the ancestors you have no idea of. You don't even know how they look yet you want to uphold primitive things related to them all in the name of culture. That is total BS!

LOL ha! Don't speak for me. There are some blacks that still practice ancient spirituality,, so don't assume I don't know my people and what/who they look like I do.

Yes its my culture that your people have called primitive when you're the real primitives. Who created GMO, germ warfare and chemical warfare?
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 12:39am On Sep 12, 2014
all4naija:
No, I don't! What are you gonna do about that? Jeez! Why must you force primitive culture on me? I don't give a f**k about your f**king f**k!
angry
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 12:41am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: sad but true folks .

This is bullcrap. These people weren't influenced by any white arabs. These were black folks, they created those beautiful structures. Did the white man also create Nok culture? Sheehs. angry
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 1:34am On Sep 12, 2014
KidStranglehold:

I don't see any "Arab" influence but just native Sudanic influence.

And none of the people you mentioned were Fulani. Mansa Musa came from a Mandinka dynasty. And Queen Amina was Hausa NOT Fulani.
these are sudanese surma warriors. just because it says warrior doesn't mean they are sophisticated or grand . what can you accomplish with a spear?
when people hear "Warrior' they would think it's something grand .

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: these are sudanese surma warriors. just because it says warrior doesn't mean they are sophisticated or grand . what can you accomplish with a spear.
when people hear "Warrior' they would think it's something grand .

What does this post has to do with my reply to you?
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:

This is bullcrap. These people weren't influenced by any white arabs. These were black folks, they created those beautiful structures. Did the white man also create Nok culture? Sheehs. angry
below are the acclaimed ZuLu warriors who fought the dutch . I mean ,does anyone want to live their life like this? it's unfortunate the issue couldn't be resolved without war and colonization.

Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 12, 2014
KidStranglehold:

What does this post has to do with my reply to you?
I used Fulani because thats the only tribe i'm familiar with around that area. I think Hausa and fulani are of the same groups anyway . my point is ; mensah musa and Queen amina are all arab inspired . all those mosque and structures are arab influenced .
the sudanese look like they could have been slaves in the egyptian empire instead . it's just like saying that black people built america simply because Obama is the president . there's no doubt there were black pharaohs or government officials in egypt.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 12, 2014
KidStranglehold:
you learn to speak your slave masters language . slave!
i have also reported you . you deserve to be banned .
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 12, 2014
mags5222:

all cultures around the world even the most primitive ;khaosan, sri lankan tamils and solomon islanders have some sculptures and some form of music instruments. your point?
below are the Nok Tribe , if you wish to destroy all the modern stuff we have now and go back to that in the name of preserving your culture and rebelling against a perceived oppressor, be my guest.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Fulaman198(m): 2:03am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: I used Fulani because thats the only tribe i'm familiar with around that area. I think Hausa and fulani are of the same groups anyway . my point is ; mensah musa and Queen amina are all arab inspired . all those mosque and structures are arab influenced .
the sudanese look like they could have been slaves in the egyptian empire instead . it's just like saying that black people built america simply because Obama is the president . there's no doubt there were black pharaohs or government officials in egypt.

Wrong
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by Nobody: 2:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Not me! Never will I embrace such barbaric practices all in the name of culture in my entire life! I would rather be dead than to live like those people on the images posted above!

It is time Africans look inward and know that those things aren't helping to move the people and continent forward. It is time to put an end to dirty and primitive cultures in Africa and educate the people on modernity(civilized and organized life). I don't care what people think we must stop the barbarism.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 2:16am On Sep 12, 2014
sexfiend: all cultures around the world even the most primitive ;khaosan, sri lankan tamils and solomon islanders have some sculptures and some form of music instruments. your point?
below are the Nok Tribe , if you wish to destroy all the modern stuff we have now and go back to that in the name of preserving your culture and rebelling against a perceived oppressor, be my guest.

Yes we need to go back to the past. Despite the lies fed to you by your european master, the ancients were far more superior and more advanced than these creatures of today.

if you want to fit in with their barbaric culture than go right ahead.
Re: Do African Americans Have A Culture? by mags5222: 2:25am On Sep 12, 2014
all4naija: Not me! Never will I embrace such barbaric practices all in the name of culture in my entire life! I would rather be dead than to live those people on the images posted above!

It is time Africans look inward and know that those things aren't helping to move the people and continent forward. It is time to put an end to dirty and primitive cultures in Africa and educate the people on modernity(civilized and organized life). I don't care what people think we must stop the barbarism.

Smh angry Leave it up to you we all will be like the cave beast. Black folks were the first creators of civilization. You're a joke.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19)

Why Aren't There Any Successful Black Nations In The World? / Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.