Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,286 members, 7,850,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

Will One Ever Get Married - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will One Ever Get Married (3047 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will One Ever Get Married by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2012
this thread is a month old and nobody has the gut to tell the OP the truth, ok allow me then:

dear OP
your problem is very simple, you lack GUTS and confidence in yourself....... and of course, you live in la la land, dreaming with other people's dream.
let's look back at what you wrote for a minute:

vire: i am a man of 33yr old...i work hard like mad..but sometimes it so hard to make it work

who told you that life was easy?! abeg, smack that f0ol for me if you ever meet him again!

currently i am single and would love to be married

GREAT, so what are you doing about it?!

but things are not like they used to be before the market crash when i had some good cash.

***in a sad voice**** ooooooooooooh, we feel for you...... but then again, whose fault is it that you made the wrong choice back then?!

now that i want to settle down and one thinks about the cash involved...the marriage,renting a house ....and taking care of a family my heart fails.

so are you saying that before the crash (when you had money), the matter was different?!

..and damn the gals are not helping matters.

is that not what they used to say about you when they were trying to settle down with you but you didnt have their time?

vire:
well i will try and see how i can achieve dis cos trust me loneliness no good and i am sick of random gals... angry angry angry angry

so you even have time to waste with random somebody?! i guess you will never learn that time is precious! lol

besides menh it looks like i am d only one not yet married wen i sit wif all ma friends angry angry angry angry

so now , your friends are the reference in terms of what YOU should achieve in life?!
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:41pm On Sep 02, 2012
It is well!
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by SapeleDon: 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2012
@op

Your age does not really matter when it comes to the matter of marriage.

Simple questions and answers to yourself.

(A)do you feel you are psycholically ready?
(B)are you willing to let go of your bachelor ways?
(C)are you committed in a relationship now that might lead to marriage?
(D)are you both medically compartable?
(E)do you think you are ready to be a father?
(F)are you willing to shoulder that responsiblity of being called a HUSBAND and FATHER?without making excuses.

I have been married a long time now and i married a friend of mine from the University who met me when drinking garri and cooking my 10 Naira Owoh soup(the cheapeat then)was a luxury.

She stayed with me through thick and thin and that is the kind of woman you need.

Has my marriage been perfect?no.

We have our ups and downs mostly occassioned by me, but i have a friend i my wife.

So the key word here is to find a friend in whoever you are dating now and if you see that friendshi thing in her,do let it culminate into a marriage.

The KEYWORD is a friend. Not her BEAUTY,MONEY,CHARMS and whatever she has to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Will One Ever Get Married by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
Abali1:

Vire, I believe you been on NL for a while. At the bolded, I ve learnt both from the men & women on NL that I don't owe a dime to any gal am not married to... cos am not her Father... Guy, the little you have should go into making your life better.

If tell them by word of mouth that YOU LOVE THEM, and extend it a bit to occasional Lunch and Dinner and she is still not happy... Just remind her in a subtle way that your are not her ATM. Wise Up my friend.

Abali1, long time and how you doing? At the bolded, I completely concur with you. Any lady who isn't satisfied with the above gestures should channel her attention elsewhere.
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:55pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mr Vire, I don't think all ladies are high maintenance. It all depending on upbringing, personal ethics and principles.
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by maclatunji: 7:02am On Sep 03, 2012
Sapele_Don: @op

Your age does not really matter when it comes to the matter of marriage.

Simple questions and answers to yourself.

(A)do you feel you are psycholically ready?
(B)are you willing to let go of your bachelor ways?
(C)are you committed in a relationship now that might lead to marriage?
(D)are you both medically compartable?
(E)do you think you are ready to be a father?
(F)are you willing to shoulder that responsiblity of being called a HUSBAND and FATHER?without making excuses.

I have been married a long time now and i married a friend of mine from the University who met me when drinking garri and cooking my 10 Naira Owoh soup(the cheapeat then)was a luxury.

She stayed with me through thick and thin and that is the kind of woman you need.

Has my marriage been perfect?no.

We have our ups and downs mostly occassioned by me, but i have a friend i my wife.

So the key word here is to find a friend in whoever you are dating now and if you see that friendshi thing in her,do let it culminate into a marriage.

The KEYWORD is a friend. Not her BEAUTY,MONEY,CHARMS and whatever she has to offer.

Please, remind me to marry my friend.
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by neloyah: 1:47pm On May 20, 2020
Hello Iirusehn.
I'm sorry I had to write this unexpectedly.
I just wanna confirm that May's okay. And if she is, send my warm regards to her.. thank you!
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by lirusehn(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2020
neloyah:
Hello Iirusehn.
I'm sorry I had to write this unexpectedly.
I just wanna confirm that May's okay. And if she is, send my warm regards to her.. thank you!
Hi Neloyah, sorry just seeing your mention although I haven't been online and it seems you spelt my username as iirusehn too because I didn't get the mention.

May is doing very fine, she's just been fixed up lately.
I sure would send your regards.
Thanks for checking.
Re: Will One Ever Get Married by neloyah: 12:25am On May 26, 2020
lirusehn:

Hi Neloyah, sorry just seeing your mention although I haven't been online and it seems you spelt my username as iirusehn too because I didn't get the mention.

May is doing very fine, she's just been fixed up lately.
I sure would send your regards.
Thanks for checking.

Okay, thank you very much..
Noticed you weren't online.
Do take care..

1 Like

Re: Will One Ever Get Married by devlishGINGER(m): 2:38am On May 26, 2020
Honeycity:
settling down shouldnt be an issue, just try and avoid high maintenance ladies.
Was told exactly this but my circle is filled with these ladies

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dating Tips And Family Advice / A Miracle? - Ibo Couples Give Birth To A White Child- See Photo / When He Thought He's Marrying Oyibo (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.