Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. (11599 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by makky(f): 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
Yeah I can Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ clearly now the point the op is trying to make; take ALL jobs cos ur unemployed n need experience. Please if a graduate of mass.comm takes d job and adds it as an experience in his cv and comes to ur radio or television station looking for a reporter or presenter job, be truthful to urself, will u hire him with Driver experience or will u rather offer him a job as another driver in ur organization? Ppls be truthful.Mmmmm yeah I tot so too, Rubbish post!
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
k10: I really don't think anyone goes for hnd or bsc thinking one day "I will be a truck driver working for dangote"!!
think about it

Although I have a job, I am currently looking for another.. I just got off the phone with a friend that works for an oil servicing company where I was about to apply to and guess how much he said they pay?!

200,000 naira per month..

My house rent alone is 1.5 million per annum. How am I supposed to survive on that?!

A truck driver makes 15'k per trip and 5'k as dispatch money.. Makes about 4 trips per week on the average so that 80'k. 80'k times 4 is 320 per month. Thats 3.8 million Naira per annum. And this is a base case study o!! If he hauls a specialized heavy equipment (Like a tank destined for a tank farm), he could make as much as 50 - 100'k per trip.. Think about it! And this is money that graduates dont make working white collar jobs.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by emmyforeal(m): 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
Truck drivers earn better salary than many graduates(earn between N30 and N50k) in Lagos. Dangote should be applauded.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by megawax8: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
had 2 frendz one certain tym dat was goin for dier one year internship......d first agreed to a 25 thousand naira monthly pay while d oda rejected it cos he tot to himself dat afta stayin 6yrs studyin in skul,he shuld be given more for his services.finali afta stayin at home for six months,he finali found a private firm dat pays 40grand per month.....at d end of d internship and nysc,d first got retained and promoted not forgetin d fact dat he eventually earned higher while d oda is doin d search ova again.........WE SHULD LEARN TO LUK BEYOND THE NATURE OF THE JOB AND THINK ABOUT WAT GOOD D JOB CULD ACTUALLY GIV U.......remenber,u weren't any beta, u were UNEMPLOYED!

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
okpara ugo: Is there any legislation in your locality preventing you from creating jobs or becoming another Dangote? Please did he steal your money before building his conglomerate? Am waiting for you to announce recruitment openings for gatemen and cleaners.......

Maybe APES like you need to read more often before replying someone else's post . What part of MONOPOLIZING THE INDUSTRY don't you understand ?

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/law/49039-fed-govt-dangote-in-legal-battle-over-cement-import-waiver.html

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by toluxa1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
kasheemawo: If you follow the link properly you wil see that the guy mentioned my father b4 i retaliated......sorry dudes.

Not true. Can't see that.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by ebamma(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
i wouldn't mind driving a truck with my HND atleast its better than being jobless,as the say an idle mind is the devils workshop
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Okijajuju1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
ebamma: i wouldn't mind driving a truck with my HND atleast its better than being jobless,as the say an idle mind is the devils workshop
color=#000099]
Would you mind being my employee?!!

I pay well..[
[/color]
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by sharpshap(m): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
At least he has created jobs for graduates, how many feasible jobs have your fucking government created? Na you need brains pass my brother!
afolayangs: DO YOU NEED HND OR BSC TO DRIVE? PLS GIVE URSELF BRAIN
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by toluxa1(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
k10: I really don't think anyone goes for hnd or bsc thinking one day "I will be a truck driver working for dangote"!!
think about it

Kai, see black man mentality. No, maybe no one thinks so. Most people think, "I will work at shell", "I will work with GTB", "I will work at MTN"... yet over 70% of our graduates are roaming the streets without a job at all. Bros, forget about what you were thinking and face life squarely. This is a golden opportunity for many.
Dangote 'sacrificed' 51st richest man in the world to 76th because of massive investment all over Africa. In the next 5-10 years, he is coming out strong. Dangote cements Q1 profit was about 25% profit so if I were you, I'll read the economics and jump at anything Dangote for now.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by sharpshap(m): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
makky: Yeah I can Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ clearly now the point the op is trying to make; take ALL jobs cos ur unemployed n need experience. Please if a graduate of mass.comm takes d job and adds it as an experience in his cv and comes to ur radio or television station looking for a reporter or presenter job, be truthful to urself, will u hire him with Driver experience or will u rather offer him a job as another driver in ur organization? Ppls be truthful.Mmmmm yeah I tot so too, Rubbish post!
does what you study really matter? You neva see where engineers do better in administrative duties that the so called arts and commercial students? Dangote you are too much jooooor!
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by kundul: 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dt is it u will end up seeing dt d job is nt 4 drivers. Bet me n a lot of dis arrogant so called graduates will bite their nails
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by duality(m): 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
After driving truck for 5 years;if care is not taken your may become a miss fit. with serious mid career crisis. forget the pay. where is the career development. the only way you'll enjoy this is if its what you like to do in life. all those speaking in support( okija.., ajenle.. etc) can you take up such job now? after your first degree would you have taken such job? if you had a son with a dream he's been nurturing, you saw him through school, will you love him to take up such job? plz be honest. look, you guys who are fortunate to have a good job/ career path should be grateful to God.

Okija, if you became a truck driver immediately after your schooling; you will not be where you are today. at best maybe chairman truck drivers association.

my take on this is, if you do't love it, don't go for it. their are other opportunities in life. a graduate of computer engineering/ science or elect rather than developing software wants to drive gwongworo!! haba!!. something must be wrong somewhere. the enemy is at work.

2 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by lumeneng22: 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote shud extend this offer to interested applicants.This insistence on graduates is result of the insult. They are all looking for oil and banking jobs.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by DonaldGenes(m): 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
sleeky8: Dere is a signature on NL i luv so much "peeps u meet here make DUMB comments wit SMART fones".
U r unemployd yet u put dwn a job cus it has 2 do wit bin a truck driver? Hw stupid can u get? Abeg dnt apply kip stayin at hme waitin 4 nepa 2 bring lite and beggin ur mama 4 100naira 2 use 4 NL. Idiat
lmao!!
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by mmmustapha(m): 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Did he force anybody to work for him? If u like stay at him till govt employ you, or start rubbery
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by eddy18(f): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
It's possible Dangote doesn't even know drivers are to be recruited...he probably knows now, with the buzz it has created. This is all HR.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by pembisco(m): 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
So afta studying general agric 4 instance in university,den bcom a truck driver,i tink d knwledge i obtained in d university wl jst go dwn d drain wt tym because i dnt c any wher i kn apply agric in drivin,dsame goes 2 ol oda profesion,wt u learnt wl jst be a waste! Tink abt it
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Obinacu(m): 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Fellow NL's, has it ever occurred to anyone that he might just want to use it as a screening process? probably to see how humble one is and if possible employ him to a more better position.#just thinking# Though it's somehow ridiculing the graduates in my own opinion.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
D job is de-grading..... But if na me, i go apply..
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by GboyegaD(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
duality: After driving truck for 5 years;if care is not taken your may become a miss fit. with serious mid career crisis. forget the pay. where is the career development. the only way you'll enjoy this is if its what you like to do in life. all those speaking in support( okija.., ajenle.. etc) can you take up such job now? after your first degree would you have taken such job? if you had a son with a dream he's been nurturing, you saw him through school, will you love him to take up such job? plz be honest. look, you guys who are fortunate to have a good job/ career path should be grateful to God.

Okija, if you became a truck driver immediately after your schooling; you will not be where you are today. at best maybe chairman truck drivers association.

my take on this is, if you do't love it, don't go for it. their are other opportunities in life. a graduate of computer engineering/ science or elect rather than developing software wants to drive gwongworo!! haba!!. something must be wrong somewhere. the enemy is at work.

+10000
If you do not love it do not go for it. I remembered when I was in my final year and one of my uncles told me that I shouldn't pick a job I do not like because once I do, I may not be able to reconcile it to my dreams and people who should help may not be able to help then. People should mind what they do and not because of their present circumstance destroy their future dreams.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by GboyegaD(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Obinacu: Fellow NL's, has it ever occurred to anyone that he might just want to use it as a screening process? probably to see how humble one is and if possible employ him to a more better position.#just thinking# Though it's somehow ridiculing the graduates in my own opinion.

I do not believe in such but if that is the case, I would not advise my folks to take such offer because that means there would be lot more intergrity issues on the job.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Temismith(f): 6:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
Y re we complaining? Apart from d fact dat dangote pays real well, Dere are lots of nigerians doin jobs than re worse dan truck driving abroad( wit deir Bsc). Morover, its optional, u take it or leave it.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Uwehok: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2012
It's really surprising 2see people critisizing him for his contribution 2reducing the overwelming unemployment rate in the country. Anyway, Dangote should overlook their criticism and proceed in his vision.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Dhelake: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
Is their a legislation barring graduates 4rm being Drivers in Nigeria?
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
What is wrong about being a driver if the pay is superb ? Most Red cab drivers in VI are BSc holders and they make a lot of money. Bottom line, money is all you need. I think 21st Nigerians need structural mental adjustment.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by MMM2(m): 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
I support dangote

He should continue with his employment
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by keemsleek(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
I really dnt like putting up any replies or reply on NL becos d
Way pple insult each other bt I will like to ask d op a question
Will dangote leave a slot for his son or daughter to apply to whn
Dey graduate let me ask a question y did he not instead make it vacancy
As truck managers while drivers, hp as a truck driver whether a graduate
Or nt ur life is at stack I do own a truck and I knw wht my driver
Does to stay alive, u think it easy to drive a truck of dat might frm lagos
To jos or kano witout anytin to bak urself up and for those that are
Saying sometin is better then nothing hw is it going to b possible
To change ur job whn 24hrs u on d road whn will u ave access to internet,
Access to information guess on d road driving a truck to me let any
Of dangote family dat has applied for d job come out first den we
Give him kudos
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by basher(m): 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
Guys, Dangote is probably asking for bsc/hnd/ond holders because he is looking for people of a certain calibre. If you believe that the job is beneath you then don't apply & don't preach about it being career suicide for degree holders; every person has a different destiny & being a truck driver or road sweeper wouldn't change it. Didn't that chrome oil guy drive for julius Berger back in the day?
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
keemsleek: I really dnt like putting up any replies or reply on NL becos d
Way pple insult each other bt I will like to ask d op a question
Will dangote leave a slot for his son or daughter to apply to whn
Dey graduate let me ask a question y did he not instead make it vacancy
As truck managers while drivers, hp as a truck driver whether a graduate
Or nt ur life is at stack I do own a truck and I knw wht my driver
Does to stay alive, u think it easy to drive a truck of dat might frm lagos
To jos or kano witout anytin to bak urself up and for those that are
Saying sometin is better then nothing hw is it going to b possible
To change ur job whn 24hrs u on d road whn will u ave access to internet,
Access to information guess on d road driving a truck to me let any
Of dangote family dat has applied for d job come out first den we
Give him kudos
We understand all the risk involved in being a truck driver. If the semi-illiterates can drive these haulage trucks, I think Graduates can do better in these areas. I also know that if graduates are ready to go into artisan and skilled jobs, like mechanics, fashion designs, carpentry, brick-laying, etc then there will be advancement in the real sectors of the economy. Why do we leave all skilled jobs to illiterates while graduates roam the streets of VI searching for in-existent jobs? I advise, every Graduate that has interest in taking to driving as a career not to feel discouraged, who knows, you could understand the business and decide to get financing to start your own haulage companies. Always look at the glass as half full instead of half-empty. Dangote, deserves praises not verbal crucifixion.

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by zibe(m): 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Uhm...my question is since he's employing graduates as truck drivers, does that mean he'll then employ Msc holders as trainees in the admin and other non-haulage departments? Just thinking.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote shud be called τ̅o order by NUC, FG & other university regulatory bodies in niaja cos he is abt τ̅o devaluate our nigerian degrees b4 †ЂΞ eyes of †ЂΞ world! Gettin a decent job for graduates might be difficult, AGREED! But there r sometins a man shud nt allow in his life cos of his present situation. Bn poor or in lack will nt make ♍ε use my BSc ''2.1'' τ̅o drive a truck! it is beta τ̅o die in poverty if our govt shud support dis! wtf! Which planet is Dangote from? Maybe he wants τ̅o mock nigerian graduates due τ̅o the present job challenge! He beta tink well or be mobbed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Workplace Politics You Should Know About & How To Manage Them / Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / KPMG Aptitude Test 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.