Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (24852 Views)

A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Trinidad And Tobago Deports 28 Ex-Niger Delta Militants / Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by yohannazack(m): 11:20am On Aug 04, 2012
We dont hav to blame dis guy, cus dis guy is as empty as anytin. Someone else can talk abut the emancipation of the black race and not gej. Reason bin dat, rite frm home, he hardly make comment and people aplaud him. To me, he lacks every qualities to make such comments. I wuld hav prefered he talked abut corruption, wars, insecurity, poverty, hunger in africa. When all these are taken care of, i bet u every sphere of black race wuld be splendid. He sees himself as president of the most populos black nation, but he doesnt hav schools to train those repented niger delta militants, he has no electricity, no water for his people to drink, no road, as a matter of fact, nigeria records highest road accidents in the world. I wached him live, and immediately i knew he has messed up, cus dat guy, i dont knw how to describe him. I think his wife makes more sense compare to him. Maybe we wil vote his wife in 2015. Lol
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ismhab(m): 11:29am On Aug 04, 2012
THE GROUP OF 40 LAPTOP ARE AT WORK IN NAIRALAND, DEFENDING THEIR OGA.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by yohannazack(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2012
Has obama ceased to be a blackman? Abi he wants to be the one? Evrytin is wrong wit dis guy, he doesnt read at all, to knw wats hapenin around d globe. I culd remember he said durin his last presidential chat, dat he doesnt read newspapers. Maybe dats why he doesnt knw dat BARACK OBAMA is the president of the united states of america.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Gbawe: 11:34am On Aug 04, 2012
yohanna zack: We dont hav to blame dis guy, cus dis guy is as empty as anytin. Someone else can talk abut the emancipation of the black race and not gej. Reason bin dat, rite frm home, he hardly make comment and people aplaud him. To me, he lacks every qualities to make such comments. I wuld hav prefered he talked abut corruption, wars, insecurity, poverty, hunger in africa. When all these are taken care of, i bet u every sphere of black race wuld be splendid. He sees himself as president of the most populos black nation, but he doesnt hav schools to train those repented niger delta militants, he has no electricity, no water for his people to drink, no road, as a matter of fact, nigeria records highest road accidents in the world. I wached him live, and immediately i knew he has messed up, cus dat guy, i dont knw how to describe him. I think his wife makes more sense compare to him. Maybe we wil vote his wife in 2015. Lol

Indeed. The man is crudely divisive without the requisite intelligence to manage his hypocritical and offensive utterances. He should not be talking when he is the same politician busy at home using very dangerous divide-and-conquer politics pitting Nigerians against each other. Christians against Muslims, "Owners of oil" against "parasites", etc, etc.

Now, his feudalistic, opportunistic and clannish approach to politics , deployed successfully against politically unsophisticated and ethnically divided Nigerians, has caught up with him on the world stage.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by kutchs: 11:50am On Aug 04, 2012
ekt_bear: What is wrong with his statement? What is racist about it?
It is racist because it was made by GEJ. What other reason do they have for terming a highly motivational speech applauded to by serious minded people racist?

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. The man is crudely divisive without the requisite intelligence to manage his hypocritical and offensive utterances. He should not be talking when he is the same politician busy at home using very dangerous divide-and-conquer politics pitting Nigerians against each other. Christians against Muslims, "Owners of oil" against "parasites", etc, etc.

Now, his feudalistic, opportunistic and clannish approach to politics , deployed successfully against politically unsophisticated and ethnically divided Nigerians, has caught up with him on the world stage.
You are such an emotional person, sometimes emotions are just fuel for needless over pour of transparent daftness. GEJ, is an exemplary black leader who will turn Nigeria around and Nigeria as a populous Black Nation will dictate the pace of success of the Black Race. You can keep playing to the gallery, trying to impress other races by making 'un-racist' and 'diplomatic' statements, yet the other races consider you a lower species of humanoid, and they have been using tactical covet exercises to exterminate our growth and stunt our population. The manufacture and introduction of HIV from the labs, the use of Africans as lap rats to test anti-polio drugs, the inaction against Malaria, the r.ape of our economy, the Western Media propaganda, the political manipulations and the modern day prison styled slavery of African-Americans. Some one has to be another Malcolm X, Someone has to be a Nelson Mandela, Someone has to be a black figure who will stand up and say naked truths about the past and present oppressions of blacks in many countries. Call it racism, I call it the undying truth. We need to stand by our leaders and not open our bottoms in public to curse our Presidents, then turn back to rebut foreigners who follow suit. I have said enough and will only add "Shame on you, Gbawe, Shame on you, you have disappointed your kids unborn and the future of your constituency. Canal knowledge is not enough. Truth knows no diplomacy and democracy. Truth is bitter. I wont sugar-coat it.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by OmoTier1(m): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2012
Let me for once take a stand with GEJ on this! I hate deceit and anyone who communicates in a manner that suggest deceitfulness is equal to the devil! Innately, most black people question why blacks aren't dominating the world despite their God given 'gifts'.

GEJ's comment is not racist, it timely and a wake up call for blacks everywhere to live up to their potentials rather than expecting someone to empower them to the tops.

Enough said!

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by subzero2(m): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2012
Dont mind d animal. @OP, r u afraid of leading d world?
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by royallord1(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
the word 'dictate' should not be used in respect to world, d word he should have used is ' the black race should have its voice heard amongst the leaders of the world. Simple. Backward mentality of una president explains, why he makes decision without properly thinking it through. GEJ, Another name 4 nigerian diaster

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by NovusHomo(m): 12:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
Jonathan 'Lion' dropped it 'like its hot'. Lawdavmercy.
But is his statement racist? I doubt it. But it lacks diplomacy.
Has Dr. Doyin Okupe (Abati's new boss) assumed duties. If so, he needs to be fired immediately.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Gbawe: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: You are such an emotional person, sometimes emotions are just fuel for needless over pour of transparent daftness. GEJ, is an exemplary black leader who will turn Nigeria around and Nigeria as a populous Black Nation will dictate the pace of success of the Black Race. You can keep playing to the gallery, trying to impress other races by making 'un-racist' and 'diplomatic' statements, yet the other races consider you a lower species of humanoid, and they have been using tactical covet exercises to exterminate our growth and stunt our population. The manufacture and introduction of HIV from the labs, the use of Africans as lap rats to test anti-polio drugs, the inaction against Malaria, the r.ape of our economy, the Western Media propaganda, the political manipulations and the modern day prison styled slavery of African-Americans. Some one has to be another Malcolm X, Someone has to be a Nelson Mandela, Someone has to a black figure who will stand up and say naked truths about the past and present oppressions of blacks in many countries. Call it racism, I call it the undying truth. We need to stand by our leaders and not open our bottoms in public to curse our Presidents, then turn back to rebut foreigners who follow suit. I have said enough and will only add "Shame on you, Gbawe, Shame on you, you have disappointed your kids unborn and the future of your constituency. Canal knowledge is not enough. Truth knows no diplomacy and democracy. Truth is bitter. I wont sugar-coat it.

The part in bold above directly indicates you are not only "emotional" but unbelievably ill-exposed, stupendously unambitious and crassly disingenuous to boot. The rest of what you write does not merit reading because it appears, of the many superb examples provided by history, you still remain very confused about what an "exemplary black leader" acts and talks like to the extent you can insult genuinely exemplary "black leaders" by mentioning a self-admitted mediocrity in their company.

What will we not hear from you ill-exposed sycophants? Do you people know the world at all beyond bastardized Nigeria ?
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by CastleandGreen: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
excondido: what do u expect from our 'i dont give a damn' presido. its a shame the so called number one family in naija keeps committing terrible gaffe anytime their speech is not scripted.
Don't be a hater who God has bless no man can curse. Ur family can never be like GEJ's family till Christ come.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
Omo_Tier1: Let me for once take a stand with GEJ on this! I hate deceit and anyone who communicates in a manner that suggest deceitfulness is equal to the devil! Innately, most black people question why blacks aren't dominating the world despite their God given 'gifts'.

GEJ's comment is not racist, it timely and a wake up call for blacks everywhere to live up to their potentials rather than expecting someone to empower them to the tops.

Enough said!
I respect you today, you have always been against GEJ, this time, you saw reason to be a True Black Man. Truth is bitter. Blacks need a voice.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Dotman01(m): 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
stop quoting ekt_bear he has corrected himself.
ekt_bear:

This is a good point. I forgot about it. Yeah, given that T&T is a diverse country, GEJ should have been more careful.

But if it had been a mostly black country he were visiting, then the remarks shouldn't have been seen as offensive.
see this reply
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by CastleandGreen: 12:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
Kennyblues: President Goodluck Jonathan has come under a fierce attack due to his recent comment in Trinidad and Tobago and he was quoted saying " Emancipation struggle is necessary so that one day the black man will also be at the top and can dictate to the rest of the world"...GEJ

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_Promised_land_for_the_black_man_-164690996.html
Don't be a goat, post something educative or get a job. It will really help your mindset.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by jmaine: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
CastleandGreen: Don't be a hater who God has bless no man can curse. Ur family can never be like GEJ's family till Christ come.

Bros you harsh ooh !!! cheesy
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
Gbawe:

The part in bold above directly indicates you are not only "emotional" but unbelievably ill-exposed, stupendously unambitious and crassly disingenuous to boot. The rest of what you write does not merit reading because it appears, of the many superb examples available provided by history, you still remain very confused about what an "exemplary black leader" acts and talks like to the extent you can insult genuinely exemplary "black leaders" by mentioning a self-admitted mediocrity in their company.

What will we not hear from you ill-exposed sycophants? Do you people know the world at all beyond bastardized Nigeria ?
Your wealth of stup.i.dity has blinded you from the point of the thread, you go about eja.cu.la.ting grammar with unthinkable impunity. GEJ is exemplary leader, he leads by example, you are too blinded by egotism to see the very flaws in your mental faculty. I repeat, that Blacks need a voice, a motivation, an example and that example is Nigeria, GEJ will steer the way and people like you will be buried in hatred and history may never remember you for hating your skin.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by timilehin007(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pk001:

Ask them o!

Maybe some people don't understand what a racist statement is.
This is just a motivational statement calling on the blacks to rise to the position of leadership in the globe.

I wonder how the statement is racist when it is not castigating any race.

I really love the way they were hailing GEJ in Trinidad and Tobago

Everything is wrong with the statement, maybe you yourself probably dont know what racism means..i can he say such a thing in the midst of mix-raced meeting..? If he was in the midst of African that would h̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊v̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥ been better...in other word, he ridiculed africa, makes African look inferior with that statement. Nonsense.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by timilehin007(m): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
CastleandGreen: Don't be a hater who God has bless no man can curse. Ur family can never be like GEJ's family till Christ come.

Shey na your own family wan come be like Gej ŏŵŋ...? Mumu
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by chucky234(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
karl max: if GEJ is racist then what would u call great minds like malcom x, martin luther king jr and our very own FELA that the world celebrates as an AFRICAN ICON. ebi like say na una paymasters don give una new assignment
Guy always think before you comment,those guys you mentioned were all activists who fought for liberty of the black race and can never be refers to as racists.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Dotman01(m): 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
These are some of the comments frm the T and T website.
Renegade75 93p · 2 days ago My fellow Afro Trinis first of all Happy
Emancipation to you all.... now second
if I can refer to the first paragraph
above ...now lets be fair could you
imagine the backlash if a white
Politician or for that matter Chinese, Indian , or whosoever made such a
statement You would never hear
the end of it...Domination?? Have they
we not learned that leads to war and
bloodshed.....come nah man Mr
President you real outta timing on that one.... Report Reply 1 reply · active 1 day ago -1 1douglasat 92p · 2 days ago EXPRESS MURDERATOR AH SORRY
PLEASE PUT BACK MEH POST!!! Report Reply 1 reply · active 1 day ago -1 1douglasat 92p · 2 days ago EXPRESS MURDERATOR AH SORRY SORRY
AH THOUSAND TIMES!!! Report Reply 1 reply · active 1 day ago +18 Renegade75 93p · 2 days ago Clearly a very racist statement by the
Nigerian President.... no ifs no buts... Report Reply 3 replies · active 1 day ago -1 1douglasat 92p · 2 days ago BUT EXPRESS MURDERATOR LIKE AH
HAVE TO SAY SORRY AH MILLION TIMES
OR IS IT TOO EARLY TO PUT IT BACK
?? Report Reply 1 reply · active 1 day ago +8 frostynob 94p · 2 days ago Trinidad has its own, Mr Goodluck
Jack ! Report Reply +21 KThomo 82p · 2 days ago I am a Trinidadian of African descent. I
say African Descent because though I
look typically black, my ancestry
containes Portugues, Scottish, Indian
and african heritage of which I am
very proud! This is not uncommon in West Indian black people as we mixed
over time - voluntarily and
involuntarily (if you know what I
mean).
So it beggars belief with the racial
background and present multicultural/cosmopolitan state of
our country the powers that be would
allow this man to chat such crap. There
is also a clear racial divide in TnT and
his statements could possibly stoke
more tensions. He is also an slowpoke as well, so as to not research before he
entered TnT.
There would have been an uproar if
an Indian from India had made such
utterances and worst yet if it were a
white man!! HIM AND THE PEOPLE THAT INVITED
HIM ARE SIMILARLY IGNORANT!!! Report Reply 5 replies · active 1 day ago -11
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
kingoflag: LMAO GEJ o. . . .

I'm sure when he was practicing what to say in the mirror of his bedroom he was telling his wife : " Payshence, u go see, after this spish efribodi in the world go dey compare me to Malcolm X and Mandela"

If only he knew he was gonna be compared to Hitler. undecided

You are a fool
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by chucky234(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: Your wealth of stup.i.dity has blinded you from the point of the thread, you go about eja.cu.la.ting grammar with unthinkable impunity. GEJ is exemplary leader, he leads by example, you are too blinded by egotism to see the very flaws in your mental faculty. I repeat, that Blacks need a voice, a motivation, an example and that example is Nigeria, GEJ will steer the way and people like you will be buried in hatred and history may never remember you for hating your skin.
Billyonaire Billyonaire Billyonaire,GEJ is an exemplary leader that want to steer the way for the black race to follow but forget that GEJ will still go ahead to borrow billions of dollars from those Westerners called IMF,with N5.4tn debt we are already in modern slavery.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by cap28: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
There was nothing wrong with GEJ's statement.

In order to truly understand GEJ's statement one must first of all understand the history of trinidad, Trinidad's two major racial groups are the descendants of african slaves and the descendants of east indian indentured workers.

Both groups were brought to the island by the europeans - the africans were brought there as slaves and when slavery was abolished and africans refused to carry on working for nothing the europeans replaced them with indentured east indians.

This backdrop has resulted in a society made up of two imported groups who hate each other but co exist in a hostile environment.

The indians are economically dominant and occupy the plum positions in government and business while the blacks despite being slightly higher in population occupy the lower rungs on the socio economic ladder.

Goodluck's intention was to support and boost the morale of his fellow africans and i see nothing wrong with that.

I am not a fan of GEJ, however in this instance he did the right thing.

We are quick to jump to the defence of people who hate us, if you check the race of many of the trinidadian critics you will find that they are indians, these are the same indians who do not want to live among african trinis and would disown or even kill their daughters if they found them with black men.

Try researching the history of Trinidad and you will find that it is a society built on two SEPARATE CULTURES THAT NEVER INTERACT OR INTEGRATE.

Having said that Indians have no problem integrating or inter marrying with europeans or chinese but not with black africans.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Htown64(m): 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2012
YOUR PRESIDENT IS A DICTATOR AND CONFIRMS IT WITH THIS STATEMENT.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
chucky234: Guy always think before you comment,those guys you mentioned were all activists who fought for liberty of the black race and can never be refers to as racists.

In your own words"activists who fought for liberty of the black race can never be referred to as racist"
So What difference does it make with GEJ's comment?
Some of you here just dive into the ocean and float with the tide without no self say. Smh

There is NOTHING wrong with the statement
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by DeepSight(m): 12:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
Let's give the benefit of the doubt on this one. Remember he was addressing himself to the race: and he is of that race - the race arguably most oppressed and blighted by imperialism in the world. As such, motivating that race to rise to the top cannot be a bad thing. The choice of the word "dictate", was also a poor choice, but what if he meant in the context: dictate our own destiny to the rest of the world - given that in the past, colonial powers dictated our destiny?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
chucky234: Billyonaire Billyonaire Billyonaire,GEJ is an exemplary leader that want to steer the way for the black race to follow but forget that GEJ will still go ahead to borrow billions of dollars from those Westerners called IMF,with N5.4tn debt we are already in modern slavery.
Listen young man, stick to the thread. If you have other personal issues you feel like discussing, please open a thread. I forbid you from being chronic derailing vector. Stay on thread, and discuss on thread. Nigeria is a paradigm black nation, and GEJ is a Liahona of the most popular black nation, we cant run away from the hard truths, blacks need structural mental adjustment, and not to keep thinking backwards about slavery, apartheid and wars, we need to rule the world. That is the message GEJ passed across, and the progressive minds, welcomed it with open arms, except the mental Michael Jacksons who hate the color of their black skin.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by mrseamy: 12:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
ekt_bear: It is a "racialist" statement. But it is not a "racist" one.

Saying that black people should stop sucking and start winning doesn't sound racist to me.

He isn't putting anyone else down.

If it is a racist statement, then which race(s) should be offended by it?

I wonder self ooh
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
chucky234: Billyonaire Billyonaire Billyonaire,GEJ is an exemplary leader that want to steer the way for the black race to follow but forget that GEJ will still go ahead to borrow billions of dollars from those Westerners called IMF,with N5.4tn debt we are already in modern slavery.

Is america free from debt??
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by fuke(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by karl max: 12:44am
if GEJ is racist then what would u call great minds like malcom x, martin luther king jr and our very own FELA that the world celebrates as an AFRICAN ICON. ebi like say na una paymasters don give una new assignment[quote][/quote
]

Those are activists, not presidents.

I say it again. There is nothing presidential about this president.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by cap28: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
just to buttress my point - here is what an indian from a carribean island had to say about how carribeans indians view carribeans of african descent:

#17906By sincere on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 2:11 am

I would like to clear up a misconception, frankly a lie: Blacks and Indians in Guyana, Trinidad and Surnimane (and other places) RARELY, IF EVER, intermix. This is an absolute FACT! There are some posters here who disingenuously claim or want to put for the false notion that in Guyana, Trinidad and Suriname that blacks and Indians live in perfect harmony. They are lying when they claim that a MAJORITY of Indians in the Guyana, Trinidad and Surniman would welcome a black person into their family; that somehow it would be okay with this atrocious mix of black and Indian. NOTHING CAN BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!
Of course, this is nothing new to these blacks HOPING/WISHING to intermarry with Indians. But KNOW they know the truth: In Guyana, Trinidad and Surinam, THE WORST THING ANY INDIAN CAN DO IS TO MARRY A BLACK; THAT'S A FACT!
I am not disparaging black people; I'm just simply stating the facts: Indian people in Guyana, Trinidad and Surniman live by themselves in SEGREGATED VILLAGES! Sure, in some urban areas there will be interaction, but to suggest that black and Indians mix, marry and welcome each other is a total falsity and lie!
Come on! Just a cursory search on the Internet on race relations between blacks and Indians in the Carribean will show that Indians are almost MILITANT in their desire to retain their culture and traditions and segregation from blacks.
Of course, there are some black/Indian mixtures; however, these mixtures, douglas, are accepted by the black community that only want to intermarry with other races to erase their black features: broad flat noses, thick lips and matted, pepper corn, kinky hair.
There is ONLY one thing that UNIVERSALLY Indians in the Carribean agree on: THEY WILL NOT MARRY/ACCEPT BLACKS OR DOUGLAS.
I'm not being unfair. I just want to post the truth. If someone is not familiar with Indians in Guyana, Suriname or Trinidad, they may get the false notion that these places are a utopia for black and Indian race relations; that somehow, they are socially and culturally accepting of black/Indian intermarriage--as if this is the norm! It most certainly is not the norm.
Indian people will not intermarry with blacks for certain reasons:
1)blacks are NOT viewed as being physically attractive by most Indians; believe me, the blacks in Guyana are really raw with very, very kinky hair and extremely African appearance.
2) Most Indians in the Guyana, Trinidad and Suriname brought issues of pollution from India. Most, if not all Indians, would not eat food cooked or served by blacks. They eat all sorts of meat (including bush meat) and, in general, most Indians feel that blacks are polluting to them.
3)The Indian culture is extremely different from blacks and most Indians are extremely opposed to parting with their culture. To a non-Indian, they may think that just because a Carribean Indian may listen to soca music or reggae or may even eat some non-Indian food, that this somehow suggest an openness to blacks. The truth is this is not so.
In Guyana, Trinidad and Suriname Blacks and Indians live ALONGSIDE/BESIDE each other; however, they never live WITH each other. There are usually SEGREGATED villages, one black and one Indian, near each other. It is RARE to have an integrated Indian/Black village; it exists, to a minimum, in some urban settings. Even then, you may see some Indians living in a black village but NEVER a black in an Indian village.
It is simply disingeneous and a falsehood to claim, as some posters here do, that Indians in the Caribbean/West Indies welcome interaction/marriage/ rearing children/etc in these places. They don't. In these places, the worst thing an Indian could do is marry a black. The taboo is so great that many would never dare to break it. I"m just simply stating the truth

http://marriagepartner.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gunmen Destroy APC Governorship Campaign Venue In Rivers State / 700 Boko Haram Captives Have Escaped - Nigerian Army / Buhari Arrives Nigeria After China Visit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.