Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago (24876 Views)

A Nairalander's Comment In Politics Makes A Full Page Advert In The Guardian / Trinidad And Tobago Deports 28 Ex-Niger Delta Militants / Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by danielseyon: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
personally, i think Mr President meant well but the choice of word "dictate" is the issue here. if he had said, one day a blackman would be at the helm of affair and inspire the world, nobody would read negative meaning to it. Moreover, Mr President is found of dictating to Nigerians. He says, there is no going back on our decision.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
cap28: The beauty of white supremacy is that it has succeeded in lulling many africans to sleep while it continues to spread its tentacles unhindered.

Proliferation of white owned media stations in africa with eurocentric values replacing indigenous african cultural values - many africans think this is a sign of advancement and not brainwashing and mass mind control

Increase in interacial relationships between black men and white women - africans think this is a sign that whites love them and now see them as equals, oblivious to the fact that they are committing race suicide.

Adoption of euro centric education - - blacks welcome this and think this is a sign that this will "civilise" them and place them on an equal footing with whites - completely unaware that this same education teaches them to hate themselves, their ancestry, their culture and everything that reminds them of themselves.

Adoption of european standards of beauty - many africans actually beleive that europeans are better looking than themselves - if not why would an african woman wear those atrocious looking wigs and use bleaching creams if not to mimic the way european women look and why would many african men consciously seek out white women for marriage and procreation , most races want their children to look like them - why are we not like that?

white supremacy is no longer overt and in your face - its sophisticated and undercover. It preys on the low self esteem of african people - many years of being mentally beaten and mistreated has convinced us that we are not worth much. This is why so many on here can not even see the importance of showing solidarity with members of their own race.

The biggest trick the system of white supremacy ever played on the mind of black people was to convince us that it no longer exists.

we understand your neo black philosophy but oga presido fckd up as usual
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by frankcimc(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
You are such an emotional person, sometimes emotions are just fuel for needless over pour of transparent daftness. GEJ, is an exemplary black leader who will turn Nigeria around and Nigeria as a populous Black Nation will dictate the pace of success of the Black Race. You can keep playing to the gallery, trying to impress other races by making 'un-racist' and 'diplomatic' statements, yet the other races consider you a lower species of humanoid, and they have been using tactical covet exercises to exterminate our growth and stunt our population. The manufacture and introduction of HIV from the labs, the use of Africans as lap rats to test anti-polio drugs, the inaction against Malaria, the r.ape of our economy, the Western Media propaganda, the political manipulations and the modern day prison styled slavery of African-Americans. Some one has to be another Malcolm X, Someone has to be a Nelson Mandela, Someone has to be a black figure who will stand up and say Unclad truths about the past and present oppressions of blacks in many countries. Call it racism, I call it the undying truth. We need to stand by our leaders and not open our bottoms in public to curse our Presidents, then turn back to rebut foreigners who follow suit. I have said enough and will only add "Shame on you, Gbawe, Shame on you, you have disappointed your kids unborn and the future of your constituency. Canal knowledge is not enough. Truth knows no diplomacy and democracy. Truth is bitter. I wont sugar-coat it.

Guy I dey feel you, Anybody who is not ready to hear the truth let him or her hold his/her peace. I just wish GED could continue in this manner we need a leader to tell the world were we stand jary.

1 Like
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by chucky234(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
Billyonaire: @Gbawe

Rant as much as you can, but you make little or no sense with your essays. The population of the world is 7 billion and counting, the population of Blacks is less than 600 million. You can join the majority ideologist to augment the theories to appease the world as much as you like. I repeat that it takes a courageous leader to make the bold statements that GEJ made. Whether Trinidad and Tobego is mixed wasnt a question, information available online shows that the Indians dont even tolerate the blacks in that country, there is racial undertone in everything they do. The blacks in that country need such motivational talks, they need to know that we in Nigeria are behind them, to empower them. And GEJ did just that. If you Gbawe are white enough to call GEJ and myself a racist, for trying to give courage to our brothers who were sold into slavery, to work in those labour camps a voice of reasoning, then I pity anyone who looks up to you as a role model. GEJ is a paradigm for anyone who cares to look beyond nepotism.
Why would GEJ be the one to remind them in 2012 that they were sold into slavery in 1776,wise people expresses their opinions using byword and that's where GEJ failed as the president of the world's most populous black nation.
You can motivate a nation or group of people without appearing self-centered/senseless before the opposing group,a wise man will always express himself with adage.
I have nothing against GEJ as a person but I have everything against his utterances and how he put them without a second thought. If our beloved president want to become an activist then he should do so without being racist,a courageous leader who want to make a bold statement to stop white's oppression should start from his homeland as charity they say begins at home.
The last time I checked Shell,Mobil and Chevron(all white comapnies) are still running our oil and gas sector,all major pharceutical companies are owned by whites,roads are still be constructed by whites in Nigeria,power sector is controlled by same whites. With those whites running our economy who do you think is in a bigger slavery between Nigeria and T and T?
GEJ (according to you) wants to empower T and T when Nigerians are begging for empowerment to be free from more modern slavery,our beloved president should put things in order here before abroad to form Rambo in another man's land.
I repeat I have nothing against GEJ but I have everything against his utterances and the manner he delivers them especially in public,pls your rebuttal should be free of sentiment.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Holyrule(m): 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
He was really off on that one. He should have spoken with caution or otherwise clarity
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 3:33pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: Our inglorious Retardeen has done it again.

This is the same foool who told us, suicide bombing happens all over the world even in developed countries.

This is the same foool who told us, we should live with bombing.

The point is, we have a president who is completely certified as stewpeed. He talks faster than he thinks. An utter disgrace to the nation. Gosh, how I wish tomorrow was 2015! angry

A simple research into the multi-cultural and multi-racial background of T&T by Dr. Retardeen would have saved him from this backlash of tongues spitting at him. As if the heaps of insults given to him by Nigerians due to his repeated idiotic utterances is not enough, he had to go all the way to T&T with his Otueke cassava brain and receive further insults from the good people of T&T.

What a dunderhead! cheesy

Your fada is a fool,u r a fool,ur generation is a fool because you are being ruled by a fool .
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
diluminati:
we understand your neo black philosophy but oga presido fckd up as usual

grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
suwailad:
bro please shut up this your tales at moonlight. If a white man or an indian said it what will you say.

Pls go to fashion!men are talkin not kids with barbie ok?
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by sheyguy: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: If you see nothing wrong with the original statement, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the statement below. . . .

[size=14pt]" Continued struggle is necessary so that the Hausa man will always be at the top and dictate to the all of Nigeria"...[/size]

U See what i mean when i criticize some NLders for rejecting Constructive criticism on anything that has to do with GEJ and his govt. The same folks who percieved similar comment from a northerner as racist have suddenly made a 180 degree turn in their understanding of what they now percieve as a racist comment.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
shilling: We all understand what he was trying to say and he meant well. His choice of wording was to wrong and he should fire his speech writer.

I don't think we all understand what he was trying to say. Please enlighten us.

Note: Even black TnT-ians have come out to condemn him for what they also consider "racist" talk. Every time he has made those kind of statements in Nigeria, we have seen ethnic divide grow in the last 2 years. I don't know enough to claim the man is racist but I think what this highlights is how insensitive many really are to the world around us.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
bayooooooo:

Are you for real? Clinton addressed Nigerian NASS for over two hours without a prepared speech, teleprompters etc and without any gaffe too. You don't need a prepared speech to make an intelligent comment or put mildly a diplomatic one. GEJ can not do it without a prepared speech.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PPP-2000-book2/pdf/PPP-2000-book2-doc-pg1705.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0uzicpb1Is
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by kutchs: 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
suwailad:
bro please shut up this your tales at moonlight. If a white man or an indian said it what will you say.
What did you say when Hegel the German Idealist philosopher and Levi Bruhl brought blacks down centuries ago as primitive, noble savage, low intellectually and mentally lazy? It would be a confirmation of the status quo if a white Angela Merkel, David Cameron, Francois Hollande etc make such comments and as such acceptable but will be racist if a black Goodluck Jonathan said bc a black is not supposed to stoke ethnic and racial tensions. We want freedom and independence from the west but will not take the first step towards achieving that. Mental and psychological is key to economic and political freedom and that is what the Emancipation Day is all about. If you have a problem with what GEJ said, change ur colour like ur hero Micheal Jackson did.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by EkoIle1: 3:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
Abdul El Reterdeen Odechukwu aka Mr umblerra don carry fresh air go T&T. lmao this clown no dey fail to throw naija under the bus.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
Gbawe:

This is the crux of the matter. He appears like a country bumpkin who does not appreciate the finesse or diversity at play in an increasingly more racially mixed world. Modern, dynamic Presidents understand what matters today and will matter even more pivotally in future.

To that end, optimally developing everyone within their border , whether black, white or green, is what matters most to the modern leader. When you begin to talk about "black dominance", how is that possible and how do you sell such a redundant concepts in todays diverse world? Did GEJ even look at the faces in the crowd everywhere he went in T and T to know to keep his "black dominance" rhetoric to himself? Is it not GEJ's ethnically divisive and religiously polarising antics, that he gets away with in Nigeria, now catching up with him internationally?

As is becoming the case more and more, Nations will become increasingly less associated with colour in the future and more with ideals and the ability to develop productive citizens - whatever colour they may be. Borders are shrinking and modern leaders appreciate this concept. It is sad Jonathan lacks basic vision and awareness to the extent he can talk of a nebulous concept that sound like hollow and offensive rhetoric to many.

I keep avoiding always because you have not given me a good and concrete reasons to engage in a civil conversation with you,since inception,you have never seen anything good with GEJ,you are always at the front burner to castigate both his office and personality. Back to the topic,he was promoting the sensitive awareness of the blacks to dominance and to discourage inferiority and I still see nothing wrong here,if you tell me that the choice of language is bad I may agree but not the message and its intent.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
Every time I keep mulling over the rationale behind the idiotic comment of GEJ, I am really baffled and gobsmacked by this dude.

What does he know of emancipation? He is asked for emancipation when he is busy going from one western country to another, begging for foreign investors to come and develop and ''invest'' in his country. And yet this doofus wants emancipation? undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
sheyguy:

U See what i mean when i criticize some NLders for rejecting Constructive criticism on anything that has to do with GEJ and his govt. The same folks who percieved similar comment from a northerner as racist have suddenly made a 180 degree turn in their understanding of what they now percieve as a racist comment.

Many of these people are insincere, that is all.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Beaf: 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
I'm really shocked that the usual crew have wheeled out their biggest demons to throw flak at GEJ's well recieved statement.
Some people are really funny sha. embarassed
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by rman: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
cap28: The beauty of white supremacy is that it has succeeded in lulling many africans to sleep while it continues to spread its tentacles unhindered.

Proliferation of white owned media stations in africa with eurocentric values replacing indigenous african cultural values - many africans think this is a sign of advancement and not brainwashing and mass mind control

Increase in interacial relationships between black men and white women - africans think this is a sign that whites love them and now see them as equals, oblivious to the fact that they are committing race suicide.

Adoption of euro centric education - - blacks welcome this and think this is a sign that this will "civilise" them and place them on an equal footing with whites - completely unaware that this same education teaches them to hate themselves, their ancestry, their culture and everything that reminds them of themselves.

Adoption of european standards of beauty - many africans actually beleive that europeans are better looking than themselves - if not why would an african woman wear those atrocious looking wigs and use bleaching creams if not to mimic the way european women look and why would many african men consciously seek out white women for marriage and procreation , most races want their children to look like them - why are we not like that?

white supremacy is no longer overt and in your face - its sophisticated and undercover. It preys on the low self esteem of african people - many years of being mentally beaten and mistreated has convinced us that we are not worth much. This is why so many on here can not even see the importance of showing solidarity with members of their own race.

The biggest trick the system of white supremacy ever played on the mind of black people was to convince us that it no longer exists.

Brilliant!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Beaf: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: Every time I keep mulling over the rationale behind the idiotic comment of GEJ, I am really baffled and gobsmacked by this dude.

What does he know of emancipation? He is asked for emancipation when he is busy going from one western country to another, begging for foreign investors to come and develop and ''invest'' in his country. And yet this doofus wants emancipation? undecided

So emancipation means you cannot seek investments? Damn!
Like I said, you guys are really funny sha. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pk001(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
There is nothing wrong with GEJ'S statement even if he was speaking in a mix-race country. The call was for Blackman globally to take the center stage in world affairs not just the blacks in Trinidad and Tobago. The Indians are already taking center stage so no need motivating them to take that role. GEJ wasn't motivating blacks in Trinidad and Tobago to hate the indians there, instead his call was for the blacks in the world to rise to challenge and take what they deserve.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by ifihearam: 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

The guilty ones are the first to criticise,before now I know say pataki and most of GEJ's critics are very dull intellectually. Boon dem jare. Dem nor reach
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by chucky234(m): 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
kutchs: What did you say when Hegel the German Idealist philosopher and Levi Bruhl brought blacks down centuries ago as primitive, noble savage, low intellectually and mentally lazy? It would be a confirmation of the status quo if a white Angela Merkel, David Cameron, Francois Hollande etc make such comments and as such acceptable but will be racist if a black Goodluck Jonathan said bc a black is not supposed to stoke ethnic and racial tensions. We want freedom and independence from the west but will not take the first step towards achieving that. Mental and psychological is key to economic and political freedom and that is what the Emancipation Day is all about. If you have a problem with what GEJ said, change ur colour like ur hero Micheal Jackson did.
The only thing that caught my eyes in your empty post are the words "CENTURIES AGO",that's to say 2012 is an advance age with more advance thinkers. You can't a man who provides you with life,blacks have come of age but the truth is that we are still 70% dependent on those whites GEJ planned to prove a point to with his speech.
You can public boarst of been superior to your opposite race when we are still struggling to produce a standard cassava flour for baking, I totally agreed that blacks need to keep their place but not by such utterances.
GEJ travelled to T and T with whiteman's made shoes,clothe and hat yet want to the world to know that blacks want to rule the world.
Wrong choice of words has cost GEJ so much criticism and disrespect.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

Seeking investment while you leave your local and indigenous industry to decay away. You are really bereft of intellectual reasoning you know?!

Emancipation my foot. The same doofus asking for emancipation was quick to tell us how Obama praised him some time back, to prove to us that he is a working president.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: Every time I keep mulling over the rationale behind the idiotic comment of GEJ, I am really baffled and gobsmacked by this dude.

You mean, he is junketing around the world begging our slave masters for money when he should be worshiping the ground you walk on? I knew it, I just knew it. The moment I first saw your intelligent posts on NL, I knew you werent another run of the mill NL poster. You came across as something more grandeur ; richer, smarter, and unashamedly Nigerian. And like every patriot around the world with enough cash to change the destiny of their people, and maybe cure a few diseases along the way, the only thing stopping you from investing your hard earned cash in Nigeria is GEJ's refusal to pay you a courtesy visit. Am I right? I guess the next thing is for you to show face and stop hiding behind the anonymity of the WWW so we can arrange for GEJ to come visit you wherever you may be in Obodo jand, the land of messiahs where black rich fat cats reside waiting for their black leaders to come beg them before they emancipate their fellow back citizens. Makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Pataki: 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
See our EMANCIPATION ACTIVIST in action:

dayokanu: See mumu in action

GEJ: What can I do for you ma.

Hilary : Whats your name

GEJ: They call me Jona, Sometimes Azikwe, or Goofluck, Ibos call me Odechuckwu, Yorubas call me Ademumu, Hausas call me Abdul-clueless, Moslems call me RETARDeen. So you choose anyone.

Hillary: Good. What are you core competences

GEJ: Ask Madam Turai, I can cut grass, catch fish, Wash bra and pant, cook and clean even prepare Akpu. Most importantly I obey orders

Hillary: Thats impressive, Oya lemme see how you can obey. Odechukwu shine your teeth

GEJ: [img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUIMNYkQFPJg8jflub7zMYgSKUiuVq5L0S0GfRlonPS6rcfmtJ[/img]

Hilary: (Covers nose) Thats ok. Oya close your teeth. Now make sure you appoint Jega as INEC chair he was recommended by CPC and Buhari

GEJ: Yes ma

2 Likes

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by antitpiah: 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki:

Seeking investment while you leave your local and indigenous industry to decay away. You are really bereft of intellectual reasoning you know?!

Emancipation my foot. The same doofus asking for emancipation was quick to tell us how Obama praised him some time back, to prove to us that he is a working president.

Since rich indigenous investors like you have refused to pump your cash in our local and indigenous industries, well, the only thing left for him is to go seek help from foreigners. Is that that difficult for you to understand?

I am really sorry for your child, he has a dullard for a father.smh!
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by swaggerific: 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Whats racist about what he said? I expected some red meat stuff. Una just dey make up crazy headline to get people to click
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Beaf: 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki:

Seeking investment while you leave your [b]local and indigenous industry [/b]to decay away. You are really bereft of intellectual reasoning you know?!

Really?
When we preach the cassava industry to self haters like you, you are quick to turn up your noses in shame because cassava is "bush" and "local."

Dude, stand aside, cos you have no credibility to discuss "local and indigenous industry." Such discussion require those with self-pride and self-confidence, not people like you with low self-esteem who think a well received statement by GEJ should be something to flagelate yourselves with, simply because you see yourself as of zero consequence and GEJ mentioned the "forbidden" word, black.

Blacks of consequence rate GEJ's statement highly.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by EkoIle1: 4:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki: See our EMANCIPATION ACTIVIST in action:

This is classic... lmao

1 Like

Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
oga activist must be seeking emancipation from hyundai heavy, wetin call hydroelectric, vulcan lipsrsealed energy, and co
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
I thought this conversation is over. So many mental Michael Jacksons here. The truth is always bitter.
Re: GEJ's Racist Comment In Trinidad And Tobago by EkoIle1: 4:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
This mumuchukwu dumbass is cluless beyond redemption. Who talks about domination of anybody in 2012?

This clown is a walking embarrassment for Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sacked Ekiti LG Chairmen Reject Fayose's N35m Offer / Makarfi Replies Wike On Planting Of Moles: PDP Also Planted Moles In Opposition / Tam David-West On Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.