Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . (37600 Views)

Arinta Waterfalls, Ekiti State.(pictures/video) / New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express / TMTN Visit To OLUMO ROCK Abeokuta, See Full History,new Pictures And Video. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by anonimi: 3:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Why are we so excited with physical development This not be our sole focus and cause for celebration.
We should focus on the real deal i.e. human and industrial development that is what leads to sustainable development of a society.

[size=13pt]The saying that "an untrained child will sell the houses he inherits" is not only true for families. It is also true for societies![/size]

What is Fayemi doing for basic free education? Up to what level?
Are there free vocational schools? How many scholarships for tertiary studies in productive sectors e.g agic, engineering, sciences etc?
Is there free basic health care at LG run primary health centres with functional ambulances and efficient referral system to hospitals
This where Awo got it right over 50 years ago WITHOUT going to Abuja every month with a bowl like almajiris to beg for oil money and the ripples are still why the South West leads all round.

[size=13pt]The hardware is nothing without the software![/size]
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 08, 2012
anonimi:
Why are we so excited with physical development This not be our sole focus and cause for celebration.
We should focus on the real deal i.e. human and industrial development that is what leads to sustainable development of a society.

[size=13pt]The saying that "an untrained child will sell the houses he inherits" is not only true for families. It is also true for societies![/size]

What is Fayemi doing for basic free education? Up to what level?
Are there free vocational schools? How many scholarships for tertiary studies in productive sectors e.g agic, engineering, sciences etc?
Is there free basic health care at LG run primary health centres with functional ambulances and efficient referral system to hospitals
This where Awo got it right over 50 years ago WITHOUT going to Abuja every month with a bowl like almajiris to beg for oil money and the ripples are still why the South West leads all round.

[size=13pt]The hardware is nothing without the software![/size]

I agree with you. But how many state has accomplished all, if any, of what you just mentioned?
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by eprynce(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2012
I pity ppl like dis poster...they are just easily carried away by little they see....what do u call this places you shot...development? KMA!
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2012
Things are changing . . . . smiley

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
Changing

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
Celebration

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
Workmen offloading some equipment worth N400 Million for the resuscitation of Ire Burnt Brick Industry in Ire Ekiti on Thursday.

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2012
Udiroko Festival is essentially a by-product of Ajase Ewi; the Ewi's supernatural power of conquest. It is also the New Year day celebration in Ado-Ekiti. Originally, Ewi was not only a king; he was also the Supreme Military leader of his army. When Ewi settled in Ado-Ekiti, he faced socio political problems that borde
red on intrigues and sporadic military attacks. It was the ELEGBE that fought the battle for Ewi and Ado people. Chief Bafon is the
traditional leader of the war Chiefs (ELEGBE). In the olden days, the ELEGBE were the war Chiefs.
The duty of each war chief was to regularly report his
military achievements to the Ewi. The arrival of each successful war chief was normally greeted with joy and
various traditional songs among which is "ERUKULELE OMO ADO DE"
In the olden days, Ado people would assemble under Iroko tree in Ewi's Palace to welcome the military officers and also to rejoice with Ewi. At a point in time, the Ewi in his wisdom, decided to be meeting all his people for warreports. Ewi picked "OLORUNBORUN DAY" for that purpose. The assemblage of people under Iroko tree in Ewi's palace on Olorunborun day for the ceremony later became "ODUN UDIROKO" from which "Udiroko" was abbreviated.

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, inspecting [size=18pt]drainages [/size]along the on-going dualization of Old Garage-Baptist-Ojumose Road, in Ado-Ekiti... recently.

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Gentlesoul1(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
^^^ I can se Odewale(@eggheader) in this pic putting on Jeans and red shirt. I am base in Ekiti and I must confess Fayemi is working and Ekiti State is developing.
@Ile Idi I will love to meet you whenever you are in Ekiti.
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Gentle soul: ^^^ I can se Odewale(@eggheader) in this pic putting on Jeans and red shirt. I am base in Ekiti and I must confess Fayemi is working and Ekiti State is developing.
@Ile Idi I will love to meet you whenever you are in Ekiti.

ABi. How long have you been in Ekiti?

Can you unbiasely compare Fayose, Fayemi and Oni's term? Who do you think was/is more active, positively active?
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Gentlesoul1(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2012
I have been living in Ado Ekiti for like 11 years now. Fayose tried his best for Ekiti and I can say he is †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ one that dualised most of †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ roads in Ado Ekiti. As for segun Oni, I will call him a total failure because he embarked on projects which he was unable to finish any of †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ projects for †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ 3 and half years he spent in office. But Fayemi has performed better than Segun Oni because Ekiti State is wearing a new long especially Ado Ekiti. There is no community you will visit in Ekiti today without seeing one or two projects going on in it. Fayemi is barely 2 years in office and we can all see his achievements.
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
Gentle soul: I have been living in Ado Ekiti for like 11 years now. Fayose tried his best for Ekiti and I can say he is †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ one that dualised most of †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ roads in Ado Ekiti. As for segun Oni, I will call him a total failure because he embarked on projects which he was unable to finish any of †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ projects for †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ 3 and half years he spent in office. But Fayemi has performed better than Segun Oni because Ekiti State is wearing a new long especially Ado Ekiti. There is no community you will visit in Ekiti today without seeing one or two projects going on in it. Fayemi is barely 2 years in office and we can all see his achievements.

Thank you my brother.

If you could, could you please take pictures of these projects and post them on this thread. Pictures of the state would do too. Thank you smiley
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2012

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
ekiti

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2012
[size=18pt]Traditional Ekiti dance[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvr8onXAru4&feature=player_embedded#!

The song is not ours o lipsrsealed
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by ACM10: 2:57am On Dec 31, 2012
Ekiti e karo o grin embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry

Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 31, 2012
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
wurajone: grin grin grin
Asehwo houz
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Tstark(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Hmmm. Lekky-Dee you're really repping this state aint ya grin
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Ericomoto(m): 11:49am On Jan 23, 2013
Thank you Ileke_Idi for a job welldone I will take some pictures and post next time I visit the state.
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ericomoto: Thank you Ileke_Idi for a job welldone I will take some pictures and post next time I visit the state.

Please do, that will really really help me.

Tstark:

Hmmm. Lekky-Dee you're really repping this state aint ya grin
wink
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by 2legit2qwt: 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
I didn't know Ekiti got some beauty in it, thought it was all jungle and mud hats
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
2legit2qwt: I didn't know Ekiti got some beauty in it, thought it was all jungle and mud hats

Maybe you should visit, hmm
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by 2legit2qwt: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Maybe you should visit, hmm
If you take me smiley
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
2legit2qwt:
If you take me smiley

lol I'll let you know na. Its about time you visit your state. tongue
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by 2legit2qwt: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

lol I'll let you know na. Its about time you visit your state. tongue

There's nothing to visit there except if someone takes me down there undecided
Re: New Pictures Of Ekiti State. . . . . by ekene007: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
lol...what is this?? is that all??.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

It’s Not Our Responsibility,brt Staff React To The Dirtiness Of Their Bus(photo) / Police Officer Killed In Accident While Trying Dodge Cattle From Herdsmen.Photos / Nigerian Lady Mourns Her Sister Who Died In Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.