Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,031 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? (22863 Views)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) / Photo Of Ebute Meta Primary School, August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-worst-primary-school-there-ogun-state

OBJ we hail thee, this is the legacy you left for your state after 8 years.

These are some of the pupils of Obafemi Owode Local Government Primary School in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital. This dilapidated classroom ranks as the worst class rooms to study. It is dangerous learning environment for children.

Photo credit: Steve Aborisade- ProjektHope

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
smh

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
ACN should focus on development and stop witch hunting GEJ

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
too bad ogun did not benefit from obj adminstration

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
Yay.......! I'm the 1st to comment. grin
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by chino24: 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
Where that silly eko ile to come here and tell us why acn Yoruba party is dehumanising Yoruba tribe grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 6:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
emmysenior: Yay.......! I'm the 1st to comment. grin
congrats oya go and donbate money for renovation of the school undecided

4 Likes

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:10pm On Aug 04, 2012

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
@Poster, you do realize it is a PUBLIC school and even though we have the local state board of education, that school is still under the Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by OmoLisabi(m): 6:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, you do realize it is a PUBLIC school and even though we have the local state board of education, that school is still under the Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided
u dey mind them
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Pataki: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
My GOD! cry

I don't even want to know if it is Federal, State or Local government responsible, those pictures are appalling.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: @Poster, you do realize it is a PUBLIC school and even though we have the local state board of education, that school is still under the Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria? undecided undecided undecided

This is rich! Ignorance at its limits.
Primary and secondary school education are firmly in the domain of LG's and states. Any politics commentator should be conversant with constitutional roles so they don't repeatedly make fools of themselves in public.
Very soon, you'll call the FG to clean your arse too.

I always preach that we should learn to queation our LG bosses and state governors, but obviously many of us think they were elected for the sole purpose of collecting monthly awuf. That awuf is only further shovelled into their personal accounts, only for the like of kobojunkie to scream at the FG. Its mass buffoonery at its peak.

7 Likes

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Pataki: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2012

Not necessarily true. Some schools are under the Federal Government, but mostly, public schools are under respective states.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
and you think these schools dont get funding or wont get funding if they request for it. why is it bad in some places and good in other places undecided
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
All hail ACN!
The great provider of wonderful schools!

ACN, party of choice for NURTW.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
bashr8: and you think these schools dont get funding or wont get funding if they request for it. why is it bad in some places and good in other places undecided

Dude, those schools are not even the FG's business. That is 100% percent an ACN failure.
Ogun state primary schools are an eyesore.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
let us be honest,this is quite prevalent in all the states of the country especially the rural areas.let us not blame acn in ogun for this amosun is only about a year old so let us give him sometime or the end of this tenure to judge.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, those schools are not even the FG's business. That is 100% percent an ACN failure.
Ogun state primary schools are an eyesore.
of course i iknow but i just wanted to assume if its FG school why are the ones in ogun in a terrible state ? that means the incompetency is from ogun state not FG
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pataki:

Not necessarily true. Some schools are under the Federal Government, but mostly, public schools are under respective states.

Not according to the Federal Ministry of Education, because back when Oby Ekwesili was Minister, this particular school happens to be one of the schools on the list for her program to get private funding to rebuild Nigerian public schools.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
bashr8: and you think these schools dont get funding or wont get funding if they request for it. why is it bad in some places and good in other places undecided

There is no state in that country that exempt from this problem. East, West, North or South, you have them a-plenty. So it is not an OGUN only issue . . it is a Nigeria issue.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2012

if that is the case then those states that handed over their public schools back to the missions would not have done so since they are rub by the 'federal government'.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
asha 80: let us be honest,this is quite prevalent in all the states of the country especially the rural areas.let us not blame acn in ogun for this amosun is only about a year old so let us give him sometime or the end of this tenure to judge.

I have never seen such schools (except abandoned ones) even in rural areas. I agree though that the matter should not be over politicised.

Why is it that Ogun state is always in the frame though? It points to a systemic failure in my opinion.
Here's a vid on the same issue, the villagers actually use the school as a toilet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzS9cPsuOY
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
asha 80:

if that is the case then those states that handed over their public schools back to the missions would not have done so since they are rub by the 'federal government'.

I am not sure what the law around that are.

I mean the last time I saw this school was on a list on the Federal Ministry site. I have not read anywhere of it no longer being a public school.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by jmaine: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

Primary and secondary school education are firmly in the domain of LG's and states. Any politics commentator should be conversant with constitutional roles so they don't repeatedly make fools of themselves in public.
[size=14pt]Very soon, you'll call the FG to clean your arse too.

Its mass buffoonery at its peak
[/size].

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

There is no state in that country that exempt from this problem. East, West, North or South, you have them a-plenty. So it is not an OGUN only issue . . it is a Nigeria issue.
that is not true.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

I have never seen such schools (except abandoned ones) even in rural areas. I agree though that the matter should not be over politicised.

Why is it that Ogun state is always in the frame though? It points to a systemic failure in my opinion.
Here's a vid on the same issue, the villagers actually use the school as a toilet:

chai i almost cried after watching this, why ogun state
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
If the villagers see a school as fit only to be used as a toilet as is testified in this video, then the problem is actually societal.
The students actually take turns to plead with the state govt to save them.

The foolish LG boss whose duty it is to provide schools actually laments that it is a pity that there are so few schools in such a prominent place. angry
What a fool!

Here's the vid again:

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by mojounited(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
Not entirely! It might be under the Federal Ministry of Education but under the UBEC Act 2004, the responsibility lies with the States and Local Governments albeit the FG could intervene with 2% of its Consolidated Revenue Fund, where and when necessary (if the laid down criteria merits such intervention) - Of course we know how naija functions, if a particular region of the country benefits more from the meager 2% fund, other regions will cry fowl. I believe funds are normally released to State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) of each state and the Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) but the problem lies with some state governors and chairmen of these boards who would rather feed fat on these allocations than implement good educational policies and build or renovate school facilities...

http://ubeconline.com/
http://ubeconline.com/about_ubec.html

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

Very soon, you'll call the FG to clean your arse too.

I always preach that we should learn to queation our LG bosses and state governors, but obviously many of us think they were elected for the sole purpose of collecting monthly awuf. That awuf is only further shovelled into their personal accounts, only for the like of kobojunkie to scream at the FG. Its mass buffoonery at its peak.

beaf is lying again as usual - i never knew that fgc ilorin and all those other federal govt colleges etal were all state schools

wetin we no go hear from this desperate liar

even funnier is the man who blames all gejs problems on the past, is such a desperate hypocrite that he pins the failures of ogd and the pdp on amosun

standing ovation for this liar

i hope we won't find that delta state indigenes are running to these bush schools for free education - i seem to remember a story like that last year

btw what is our twt doing endorsing an SR report? cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
bashr8: that is not true.

guy it is true

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PointB: 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
@Op,
I'll take that dilapidated structure as a 'massive' improvement over the 'hut and shack' school in the second picture. ACN's government public standard is truly amazing! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by bashr8: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
pictures of those schools can be used to raise billions from un and international organisations grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anti-Islam Policy: University Of Ibadan Professors Petition Management / NANS Presents Award To Koko Zaria, Second In Command To MC Oluomo / 2006/2007 Waec Results Out !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.