Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,819 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration (21717 Views)

Ogoni Hails Buhari On Implementation Of UNEP On Ogoniland / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / No Action From Shell, Nigeria On Ogoniland Pollution Report – Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
SEUN should put up a poco a poco feature on nairaland grin grin Honorable, you may be a poor communicator, you are good at telling the truth by whatever grammatical means grin grin grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by myvic70(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
Head ache.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ifeci: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Jakumo: The Right Honorable Grammar-Meister At-Large, Patrick Obahiagbon, of the “Flabber-Whelmed and Over-Ghasted" fame, never fails to deliver whenever the need arises to put The Queen’s lingua franca through its paces in all its unmitigated, timeless splendor, cacoethes loquendi, cacoethes scribendi.

Effortlessly bestriding the ever-shifting metaphysical delineation that separates inter-alia the ponderous, pedantic and indecipherable from the transcendent and inspired, our man Patrick takes no prisoners as he pulls out all stops to bombard befuddled captive audiences with cascading rip-tides of scintillating diction carefully drawn from the most labyrinthine, convoluted, obscure and tautological outer reaches of human comprehension, ad-nauseum, nolle-prosecui, curia-advisari-vult. In simple terms, the prevailing modus operandi shall maintain its current status-quo and continue to do so ipso-facto, corpus-habeus, ad-iudicium, and of course, ad-infinitum.

As Miles Davis was to improvisational jazz, Patrick Obahiagbon is to the English language. Whether it be Miles cutting loose with his trumpet, or Patrick reaching for his well-worn thesaurus, the band plays on, allowing the soloist to lift off into the stratosphere of existential and neurological suspended animation, such that even when sour notes slip out into the mesmerizing audio-perceptory data-stream, disoriented audience members merely glance around, note others vigorously nodding their heads in spellbound appreciation, and so proceed to do the same for fear of appearing ignorant or uncultured, veritas vos liberabit.

Patrick is da MAN. Nihil Incarborendum Illegitimi !

guy u try, but dont be infected
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Kaydz(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
Jakumo: The Right Honorable Grammar-Meister At-Large, Patrick Obahiagbon, of the “Flabber-Whelmed and Over-Ghasted" fame, never fails to deliver whenever the need arises to put The Queen’s lingua franca through its paces in all its unmitigated, timeless splendor, cacoethes loquendi, cacoethes scribendi.

Effortlessly bestriding the ever-shifting metaphysical delineation that separates inter-alia the ponderous, pedantic and indecipherable from the transcendent and inspired, our man Patrick takes no prisoners as he pulls out all stops to bombard befuddled captive audiences with cascading rip-tides of scintillating diction carefully drawn from the most labyrinthine, convoluted, obscure and tautological outer reaches of human comprehension, ad-nauseum, nolle-prosecui, curia-advisari-vult. In simple terms, the prevailing modus operandi shall maintain its current status-quo and continue to do so ipso-facto, corpus-habeus, ad-iudicium, and of course, ad-infinitum.

As Miles Davis was to improvisational jazz, Patrick Obahiagbon is to the English language. Whether it be Miles cutting loose with his trumpet, or Patrick reaching for his well-worn thesaurus, the band plays on, allowing the soloist to lift off into the stratosphere of existential and neurological suspended animation, such that even when sour notes slip out into the mesmerizing audio-perceptory data-stream, disoriented audience members merely glance around, note others vigorously nodding their heads in spellbound appreciation, and so proceed to do the same for fear of appearing ignorant or uncultured, veritas vos liberabit.

I like dis one better,,even though the guy is talking to himself

1 Like

Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by jamesben91(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
poco a poco in french means "little by little"

poco a poco means poke me, i poke back. Hehehehe![/quote]
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ololo12: 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
And who asked of your useless opinion?? I think you're the ignoramus here!! Smh! All this nairaland newbies looking for irrelevant recognizition

chucky234: Ignorance is truly a disease with little cure,you dumbly wished your supposed mentor death without blinking an eyelid.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by str8talk1: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
...LOOK AM NOW?
At i'm happy he can speak pidgin english to pple like us.
Jakumo,u too much!
e be like say we go do contest btw U & Hon.(rtd) Patrick O.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by PGON(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
i don loss for road oh!!!

poco poco....
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by NovusHomo(m): 4:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
I always respect this man. He's got it; from the French 'passe partout' (catchphrase, cureall) to the Spanish 'poco a poco' (little by little, or 'small small'). He has an unnatural comprehension and usage of language.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by NovusHomo(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
jamesben91: poco a poco in french means "little by little"

No sir/maam, it is Spanish for 'little by little'
The French equivalent is 'petit a petit'
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by onyeokwu: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2012
Thank you honorable patrick for given this new nation ogoni a wonderful name poco poco republic
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by cooltony: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
d guy should b in nollywood!!!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Jceazer12(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
Wetin sef?This man own don too much.Na same tin wey him do Aboki pursue am comot for house.Na wao!!!
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by naylove(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
wtf . must we all post in this forum just to be heard?in as much as i'm captivated to listen to that man(though bereft of understanding him on most occasions). but this crap just makes no sense and i know it cant be from the ighodomigodo himself. this is just way too shallow.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Emylexray(m): 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2012

wetin be dis?...*faints*
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Adekdammy: 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Poco a poco means little by little,
Acidosis: abeg wetin be
.poco a poco?

.siroco?

abi i nor go school?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by onuwaje(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2012
Lemme get tis straight o.... This guy go dey speak wetin una go take tym undastand una go dey laugh the guy is crazy.... I don't think he is even a professor of english. If tis guy go england na xo him go dey mumu imagine honourable dey blow tis kind tin I wonda if he is the governor let alone the presido by that tym na fire go dey com from him mouth...mtchew
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Amitex(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
Please, someone should ask Obahiagbon to say something about Pastor Chris Okotie's second failed marriage. I think by then we can judge who is the 'master' of
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by rume(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2012
Jakumo's impressive post uses a handful of latin words. It's 60% English and 40% Latin.
I wouldn't call that the Queen's lingua as some others have suggested. It is not her lingua really; old school latin rather than English.
Nonetheless, it's thoroughly amusing and impressive in my opinion.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by chucky234(m): 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
ololo12: And who asked of your useless opinion?? I think you're the ignoramus here!! Smh! All this nairaland newbies looking for irrelevant recognizition

Who is this absurd goon,so you are now the grandfather of NL abi. What makes you think I'll have to wait for your opinion to trash your clueless combobulated aquarish brain,your mumu wear coat.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by kabasa77(m): 7:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Imagine this guy is a musician,the likes of dem M.I no go fit near him.If he is dissing you,how u go even know? How does he communicate with his kids and wife?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ololo12: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
You're the most peripatetic, inusitate, extempore simpleton on earth. A cretinous person. It is because of dunce like you that we have a reputation of producing half baked inbred, you're nothing but a product of a failed educational system.

Stupid, useless slowpoke of retards!!

chucky234: Who is this absurd goon,so you are now the grandfather of NL abi. What makes you think I'll have to wait for your opinion to trash your clueless combobulated aquarish brain,your mumu wear coat.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ololo12: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
Here comes Nairaland's finest, our one and only, undisputed OON, GCON, CFN Carlistos77 ( AKA Patrick Obiahagbon of Nairaland)

Thank you sir, for gracing this thread. I just read your take on the topic on ground. And believe me you, I wasn't unable to decipher what you put down. Could you kind enough as to break it down in lay man language so that I can understand.

I no know who better pass between you and Mr Pato
God bless you sir!!

CARLISTO77:

My Dear, I am here, just trying to look into things with prepossessed and shrewd agility.
I think that the man in question is trying to cause kooky discombobulation with his vagaries and abject befuddlement.
I feel his preposterousness is way ajar of being comunicative, and of edutainment appossiteness it should engender.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by cheddarking(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
Can anyone imagine a conference call with Chris Okotie, Patrick Obahiagbon, and Patience Jonathan? grin grin
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ABAKA72(m): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
.poco a poco?

.siroco?

abi i nor go school?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ABAKA72(m): 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
.poco a poco?

.siroco?

abi i nor go school?
poco a poco means little by little.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by ebere1712: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2012
His words are linguisticallty alacratical cheesy . He is a Moses amongst philistines, A man amongst babes. Wazobia kegite club on steroids.......
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by NovusHomo(m): 1:12am On Aug 06, 2012
ayobase:

Off Topic:
Did U attend Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo?

I did. Graduating class of 1971.
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by amirize(m): 1:26am On Aug 06, 2012
Why?
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by mevisbleek: 3:09am On Aug 06, 2012
He sure knows some big words but he uses them wrongly in a statement. : )
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by babyboi992(m): 6:43am On Aug 06, 2012
dnt tink pple undastnd wat dey call SEMANTIC ERROR. if no den its simply error due to logic. Wats d essence of speaking wen nobody undastnds u . Mtcheeeeeewww
Re: Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon On Ogoniland Independence Declaration by Emmyk(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2012
grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Excuses, Mr President - Daily Independent / Rivers Rerun: Violence, Killings Barbaric, Unacceptable – PMB / General J. O. Akomolafe Discharged, Acquitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.