Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,065 members, 7,838,700 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! (6747 Views)

Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
the Asians who specialize in eating all sorts of haram meat (from frogs to worms to pork) in particular have made another record.from SARs to other flus and now to an "AIDS-like" disease:

"(AP) Researchers have identified a mysterious new disease that has left scores of people in Asia and some in the United States with AIDS-like symptoms even though they are not infected with HIV".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57498764/mysterious-aids-like-disease-discovered/

this news is directed to those who like to eat haram meat and organisms and even have the boldness to boast of how healthy asians are who eat these things and insist that if any meat is "properly cooked" it is ok.there are many haram foods that even science is yet to understand the effect or long term effect and possibly even genetic or generational effects that can be inherited or accumulate within the system of a people to cause unprecedented diseases.like the saying goes:"you're what you eat".i wonder why the asians keep having all these diseases.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 8:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
LagosShia: the Asians who specialize in eating all sorts of haram meat (from frogs to worms to pork) in particular have made another record.from SARs to other flus and now to an "AIDS-like" disease:

"(AP) Researchers have identified a mysterious new disease that has left scores of people in Asia and some in the United States with AIDS-like symptoms even though they are not infected with HIV".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57498764/mysterious-aids-like-disease-discovered/

this news is directed to those who like to eat haram meat and organisms and even have the boldness to boast of how healthy asians are who eat these things and insist that if any meat is "properly cooked" it is ok.there are many haram foods that even science is yet to understand the effect or long term effect and possibly even genetic or generational effects that can be inherited or accumulate within the system of a people to cause unprecedented diseases.like the saying goes:"you're what you eat".i wonder why the asians keep having all these diseases.

I always suspected that a fundamentalist like you would be a racist. Can you explain how their food is related to this new disease that they are still learning about?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I always suspected that a fundamentalist like you would be a racist. Can you explain how their food is related to this new disease that they are still learning about?

i wanted you to tell us.a person like you who boasts of his worm-eating culture should be able to teach us more.how many diseases have been discovered among your people or yet to be discovered?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by MacDaddy01: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
LagosShia:

i wanted you to tell us.a person like you who boasts of his worm-eating culture should be able to teach us more.how many diseases have been discovered among your people or yet to be discovered?

Huh?

Expalin how Asian food is related to disease, racist
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by justaqad(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Did you type that with a straight face? Do you feel honest after that comment?

I will not argue with you......I would ask you to reflect on your dishonesty.

Minorities have to be protected. Blacks are minorities in the USA, imagine if there were laws against them.

Fulani is in northern Nigeria
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB2QvqNAWO2yQxc7WoFlfyQxBTGYYk7sRCmxDq781OwywBN0Vw-gjmWMoGHg[/img]

come logicboy respect yourself with your pack of lies.
Wetin you go talk about same sex law in Nigeria.i believe Majority of nigerians are ok with it,so that makes it right,right?
Learn to accept defeat.
Peace
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2012
MacDaddy01:

A non-muslim man like me can not marry a muslim woman but a muslim man can marry my christian sister. Does that Quranic law sound fair to you?

It is impossible, Sharia does not tolerate any faith other than Islam. Unless that non-muslim is a willing slave, he can not suppress his faith/disbelief and enjoy life. Name one Sharia country where christianity/atheism is allowed to flourish. Muslims even prefer to live in Secular countries. I dot see muslims rushing to Qatar or Saudi Arabia (Who are almost as rich as America) the same way they rush to Europe.

As for Jizya, how can it not be diescriminatory? Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. Would you like to be taxed more than everyone else in Nigeria for being a muslim because there are more christians than muslims?

If we were to bring christian laws, you wouldnt like it. You wouldnt agree with having monuments to Jesus in public areas, you wouldnt like to pay extra tax because of your religion. You wouldnt like to go to a church or stay at your home on sundays by force (keeping the sabbath holy)

Allah knows best? Just say that you dont know and that you follow blindly.

How would you like it if I banned the burkha and suya and Said "Jesus knows best" or rather "spaghetti monster knows best"

The Bold is a Double Standard

Not only can a Muslim Man marry a christian woman, but also a Jewish woman.

The excuse given is that because he believes in all prophets and all holy books

So a Christian man or Jewish man can not Marry a Muslim woman because he only believes in One Prophet.

Since Prophet Muhammad and Islam came last, it validates the other 2

Where as if you are a follower of the first 2, you can't co-sign Islam because technically it never happened, if follower of(Chr/J)

So raising the kids as a Muslim Man won't be a problem with a christian or jewish wife (after all she is just a woman and you are her boss)

If a Muslim woman was to Raise&Teach her kids with a non muslim man, the Non Muslim man would interfere because he only believes in His Prophet.

Islam is the greatest Religion in the World...........................if you are a Man.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Sweetnecta: 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2012
^^ you need to type in bigger font, otherwise people will think that you are dishonest twice; not saying the truth and using awkward means [the color and font and cursive] to make it impossible to read without extra effort in order to respond.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 26, 2012
Interesting
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Sweetnecta: 8:40am On Aug 26, 2012
^^^very incorrigible, obtuse.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by justaqad(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2012
The Holy Qur'an, 5:3 - Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah (swt); that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars)...

Peace
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2012
MacDaddy01: -Food
Edible worm is a snack where I come from. Fat, juicy worms. A simple protein supplement eaten by my forefathers. Haraam angry angry angry
Palm wine drunk my forefathers and still drunk today. Haraam angry angry angry

-Sex
Premarital sex is allowed between two consenting adults in my culture. Haraam angry angry angry

Lmfao. grin @ the mad faces.
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2012
~~God~~:

The Bold is a Double Standard

Not only can a Muslim Man marry a christian woman, but also a Jewish woman.

The excuse given is that because he believes in all prophets and all holy books

So a Christian man or Jewish man can not Marry a Muslim woman because he only believes in One Prophet.

Since Prophet Muhammad and Islam came last, it validates the other 2

Where as if you are a follower of the first 2, you can't co-sign Islam because technically it never happened, if follower of(Chr/J)

So raising the kids as a Muslim Man won't be a problem with a christian or jewish wife (after all she is just a woman and you are her boss)

If a Muslim woman was to Raise&Teach her kids with a non muslim man, the Non Muslim man would interfere because he only believes in His Prophet.
[size=18pt]
Islam is the greatest Religion in the World...........................if you are a Man[/size].

Basically tongue
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2012
Growing concerns over 'in the air' transmission of Ebola

By Matt McGrath

Science reporter, BBC World Service

16 November 2012 Last updated at 00:50

The infection is thought to get into humans through close contact with bodily fluids

Canadian scientists have shown that the deadliest form of the ebola virus could be transmitted by air between species.

In experiments, they demonstrated that the virus was transmitted from pigs to monkeys without any direct contact between them.

The researchers say they believe that limited airborne transmission might be contributing to the spread of the disease in some parts of Africa.

They are concerned that pigs might be a natural host for the lethal infection.

Ebola viruses cause fatal haemorrhagic fevers in humans and many other species of non human primates.

Details of the research were published in the journal Scientific Reports.

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the infection gets into humans through close contact with the blood, secretions, organs and other bodily fluids from a number of species including chimpanzees, gorillas and forest antelope.

The fruit bat has long been considered the natural reservoir of the infection. But a growing body of experimental evidence suggests that pigs, both wild and domestic, could be a hidden source of Ebola Zaire - the most deadly form of the virus.

Now, researchers from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and the country's Public Health Agency have shown that pigs infected with this form of Ebola can pass the disease on to macaques without any direct contact between the species.

In their experiments, the pigs carrying the virus [/b]were housed in pens with the monkeys in close proximity but separated by a wire barrier. After eight days, some of the macaques were showing clinical signs typical of ebola and were euthanised.

One possibility is that the monkeys became infected by inhaling large [b]aerosol droplets produced from the respiratory tracts of the pigs.

Pigs could act as a host and amplify the Ebola virus

One of the scientists involved is Dr Gary Kobinger from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada. He told BBC News this was the most likely route of the infection.

"What we suspect is happening is large droplets - they can stay in the air, but not long, they don't go far," he explained.

"But they can be absorbed in the airway and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way."

The scientists say that their findings could explain why some pig farmers in the Philippines had antibodies in their system for the presence of a different version of the infection called Ebola Reston. The farmers had not been involved in slaughtering the pigs and had no known contact with contaminated tissues.

Dr Kobinger stresses that the transmission in the air is not similar to influenza or other infections. He points to the experience of most human outbreaks in Africa.

"The reality is that they are contained and they remain local, if it was really an airborne virus like influenza is it would spread all over the place, and that's not happening."

Hidden host

The authors believe that more work needs to be done to clarify the role of wild and domestic pigs in spreading the virus. There have been anecdotal accounts of pigs dying at the start of human outbreaks. Dr Kobinger believes that if pigs do play a part, it could help contain the virus.

"If they do play a role in human outbreaks it would be a very easy point to intervene" he said. "It would be easier to vaccinate pigs against Ebola than humans."

Other experts in the field were concerned about the idea that Ebola was susceptible to being transmitted by air even if the distance the virus could travel was limited. Dr Larry Zeitlin is the president of Mapp Biopharmaceuticals.

"It's an impressive study that not only raises questions about the reservoir of Ebola in the wild, but more importantly elevates concerns about ebola as a public health threat," he told BBC News. "The thought of airborne transmission is pretty frightening."

At present, an outbreak of ebola in Uganda has killed at least two people near the capital Kampala. Last month, Uganda declared itself Ebola-free after an earlier outbreak of the disease killed at least sixteen people in the west of the country.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20341423

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2012
^^^^what does this thread have to do with pigs?
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by vedaxcool(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
^

We thought you love pigs! grin grin grin
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
vedaxcool: ^

We thought you love pigs! grin grin grin

I have a pig toy. That is different wink
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by LagosShia: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
Logicboy03: ^^^^what does this thread have to do with pigs?

Pigs are part of "haram culture".
Re: Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
LagosShia:

Pigs are part of "haram culture".

Where did you see pigs in the op about my culture?

MacDaddy01: -Food
Edible worm is a snack where I come from. Fat, juicy worms. A simple protein supplement eaten by my forefathers. Haraam angry angry angry
Palm wine drunk my forefathers and still drunk today. Haraam angry angry angry

-Sex
Premarital sex is allowed between two consenting adults in my culture. Haraam angry angry angry

-Clothing
While not explicitly haraam, thanks to the conservative Islam adopted in Northern Nigeria, my sisters can not wear their traditional dresses in some parts of Nigeria. Think about this, a Nigerian can not wear her cultural dress in parts of Nigeria, however, in secular countries, she is free to wear it anywhere.

[img]http://glass4drops.files./2011/05/beads4.jpg[/img]

lol, Vedaxcool, Tbaba and LagoShia, do really expect non-muslim southerners that are aware of their culture to see islam as anything but unfair and imperialistic?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agege For Show. Innaa Lillaahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Rooji'oon / 2016 Ashura Day: Shia Slash Themselves With Cutlasses (Disturbing Photos) / Islamic Ruling On Referring To ALLAH By Other Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.