Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Nigeria Embassy In Atlanta - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Embassy In Atlanta (1904 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / Bianca Ojukwu,the Best Thing To Have Happened To The Nigeria Embassy Madrid. / Nigeria Embassy London Worst Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Embassy In Atlanta by SapeleDon: 2:07am On Aug 06, 2012
Late thursday afternoon i drove into Atlanta and was in a hurry to get to the embassy before they closed,as i needed to get a Nigeria Visa on my passport for official purposes indicating i was going to Nigeria.

Did the paperwork at the building behind the embassy and submitted my application. Was told it will take about 3 days for them to grant me the visa and mail me back my passport.

So you can imagine my surprise when i checked my mail on Saturday and my passport package was in the mail. Still very surprised.

This will mean the Visa was stamped sometime that thursday and since i paid for a express delivery got it on saturday. The reason i put this write up is for us to put the good news out there when our embassies do a good job,instead of the constant curses,insults and complaints i read about here.

Sometime ago, i also wrote about my experience at the Nigerian embassy in London,then as an international student years ago in the UK. And my experience in the Atlanta office early last year when i came for the biometric passport. On all occassions, dont know if i have been lucky or went at the right time, but my experiences with the Nigerian embassies has been pleasant.

And until i have a bad experience will continue to say it as i see it.

And for those always going to New York or DC. I will advice you try the Atlanta office. Its small,cordinated,and well run.

No be ONLY THE BAD SIDE of things we go dey Write about make we write good things too.
Re: Nigeria Embassy In Atlanta by Fiveseventy: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
Atlanta office surprised me too! I was there on Aug 7 and recieved my passport over the weekend on August 13!

Initially, I worried because I didn't use tracking on a regular priority mail envelope (prepaid). Heard the mail man and ran out to check for other mail this afternoon and it was sitting in the box.

I thought it had to be an illusion because my renewal in London back in '07 wasn't that convenient.

You see, on that trip to ATL, I had a chat with a few guys in the waiting room talking about government bureacracy, inefficiencies and Naija's problems. But am glad to see some positives abroad despite it all. Big up's to the Nigerian embassy staff in ATL.

(1) (Reply)

Transit Time At Frankfurt Airport / World Beautiful Waterfalls / Please Help (where Do I Get Bus To Eruwa From Ibadan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.