Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,499 members, 7,812,543 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (41446 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
You're right. But in Nigeria, people who take precautionary measures and are not lousy live longer than the talkatives and waka abouts. But in the US, you could be shot because just because someone's name is "psycopath".

Which precautionary measure can you take about going to church and get bombed? Several thoudands that get killed in Nigeria by Boko haram, their only crime is that they went to church.

What precautionary measure can you take to avoid kidnappings in SS and SE? Which precautionary measure can you take to avoid Armed Robbers in the SW?

I pray tell me.

NB: I lived a large part of my life in Nigeria and i am a street boy to the core, So i know wassup, So dont try to bluff me.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
You're right. But in Nigeria, people who take precautionary measures and are not lousy live longer than the talkatives and waka abouts. But in the US, you could be shot because just because someone's name is "psycopath".

um . . . you could also get shot in Nigeria by some psychopath as well. How many psychopath police men have shot at people for no reason in the last year alone?

I don't believe the reason you live long is because you shut up. You are just lucky is all.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by omanzo02: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
chmod777: The main reasons I still prefer developed world to Naija
-Better life due to
Transport infrastructure
Security and healthcare..... I can sleep with my dorrs open
Internet
Roads
Things are working right
Water supply and quality
Clean environment free from pollution and noise
quality assurance of food you buy
easy to travel to other places
THESE Make up possible better life and higher life expectancy for me.... Life is just Once

Dude,

You should pray that u have legal residence to enjoy all that u have listed above else u will still feel like a prisoner and u will prefer Nigeria to where u are.
Now @ topic, Yes Belgium is still rosy if u have everything intact, when I say intact I mean your legal residence permit and professional skill, I would say I'm glad to get a job at my first attempt, I schooled and acquired my engineering skill in Nigeria and that what got me going, then later some courses here to upgrade myself. Most employers here don't discriminate if they are convince u are the right candidate for the job.

Fact is, develope world is ain't different from nigeria in term of rosyness, but not everyone that comes' here is going make it and making it is not instant as being said, i'ts a gradual process if u plan carefully else u go into debt that would ruin your life.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
deshclones:

Shut up dat gutter u call a mouth...naija's crime rate is a dot when compared to what happens abroad esp d u.s..d only unsafe place in naija is d north..we in d south run things wella..we roll anytime we deem fit..day or midnight...how on earth will anyone in his right state compare naija nd u.s in terms of crime?..so u r dis silly?..tot ur only problem was being a bigot..

How is the crime rate in US higher than in Nigeria is it because it gets reported?

How many ppl were killed in Aurura Colorado and in Wisconsin that made it national news. Total is probably less than 25.

Thats way less than what boko haram kills on a regular Sunday, less than what Fulani herdmen kill in Jos on a normal night, Thats way less than what Armed robbers and ritualist kill in SS, SE and SW on a daily basis

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Serial killers are not popular in Nigeria like in the US. The thing about Nigeria is that, if you mind your business, you'll live longer than Metusela.

What do you mean Serial killers are not popular in Nigeria? In what sense? Because you don't read a lot of reports in the papers of deaths that the police has, through thorough investigation, decided that a serial killer must be at work? Is that what you mean?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
[/b]
hrhobi1: ANYTIME I VISIT UK I ALWAYS [b]LOOSE WAIT WHEN I ARRIVE BACK NAIJA, MUMMSY , MY BABE, MY FRIENDS DON CONFIRM THIS ISSUE MANY TIMES, SAY WHEN I NEWLY ARRIVE MY SHIRTS DEY FIT ME BETTER. UK NO FUCKEN EASY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN.

Did you also "loose your english and vocabulary skills in the UK"...
Hey i'm just catching fun. By the way what's with this new nairaland sef. Do i really need to have my eyes "burnt" by this terrible font color anytime i need to quote someone. This is terrible.[b][/b]
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

[size=14pt]How is the crime rate in US higher than in Nigeria is it because it gets reported?[/size]

How many ppl were killed in Aurura Colorado and in Wisconsin that made it national news. Total is probably less than 25.

Thats way less than what boko haram kills on a regular Sunday, less than what Fulani herdmen kill in Jos on a normal night, Thats way less than what Armed robbers and ritualist kill in SS, SE and SW on a daily basis

Thank you!!! Even today in Nigeria, there is no accurate reporting system in place to accurately report the number of those who have met their death on the highways this year alone. Try do a search and you will read something like only 98 people have died on the Federal Highways this year.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
hrhobi1: ANYTIME I VISIT UK I ALWAYS LOOSE WAIT WHEN I ARRIVE BACK NAIJA, MUMMSY , MY BABE, MY FRIENDS DON CONFIRM THIS ISSUE MANY TIMES, SAY WHEN I NEWLY ARRIVE MY SHIRTS DEY FIT ME BETTER. UK NO FUCKEN EASY MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN.

How do u pass the airport checkpoints with this kind of grammar cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
Anyone that has FACTS should bring it forward and lets see for ourselves.

I spoke to one Ibo girl not long ago.

She went to a Nursing school in Iboland, Got to America in 2010 wthout Papers. Currently, She has built a house in her village. Story building with pent house at the back up to roofing

She has set his brother in business to the tune of 2m naira.

She has papers now, Works legally and she just turned 27 like 2 months ago.

She is doing quite well in America, drives a brand new car and she is planning to buy a house in US by next year

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ifihearam: 5:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
Dawdy: It is not easy! It is not easy! Yet u people remain there, obviously It is easier there than In nigeria.

LMAO
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

grin grin grin, so your real name is money4life, anyway lets keep it low b4 Nl ladies rush u grin, for mortgage i dont know much, but any of my relation whom I have not seen for d last 10 yrs must have been chained my mortgage over there grin

Bros, I've never reach that "money4life" levels yet, grin grin grin but with God, all things are possible.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by omanzo02: 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu: Anyone that has FACTS should bring it forward and lets see for ourselves.

[b]She went to a Nursing school in Iboland, Got to America in 2010 wthout Papers. Currently, She has built a house in her village. Story building with pent house at the back up to roofing

[/b]She has papers now, Works legally and she just turned 27 like 2 months ago.

She is doing quite well in America, drives a brand new car and she is planning to buy a house in US by next year

And u believe all that?

Even if she prostitut.e or deals in drug, don't she have overhead cost to pay?, because nobody is going to take u indoor without contributing to payoff bills, not in the US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand some countries in asia. Did u bother to ask her monthly savings etc? grin grin grin grin

It could be possible if she is a yahoo yahoo girl.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
A-town:

It's absolutely right my guy. If you're in the industry you'll know what i'm talking about. MWD guys make between 120 -180 gees per annum depending on the company. Obviously the younger guys start at the lower end. Directional drillers make an average 800 bucks a day and they work an average of 20-25 days a month. You do the math.
With regards, 23-25yr olds, i'm not bluffing oo. Most of the companies now hire fresh college guys as Company Man in training (Drilling rig supervisor). Used to be reserved for guys that have worked from floorhands on the rig all the way up. This boys are banking big time. The average daily rate for these guys is from 1000 and above men. We talking black gold here son. Dont even let me get started with what us older guys are doing. Word of advice. If you have the opportunity to study engineering/petroleum engineering in the US, get your bum to houston,tx/lousiana/south texas/midlands,tx/north dakota and you wont regret your life.

Oh ok o... I know from NatGeo (big machines), I heard that those Oil Rig guys are paid handsomely, did not know know 23yo got paid six figures.. Good luck to them, I wish them success, so me too, I can get mine... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Rastamann: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rossy or no rossy, is Nigeria better off?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by chucky234(m): 5:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Your memory has failed you big time. No be me. The only foreign country that i've boasted about going to is Benin republic, cotonou to be precise.
Omo Nna you wan kill me with laff for here ooo
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by deshclones(m): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu: Anyone that has FACTS should bring it forward and lets see for ourselves.

She went to a Nursing school in Iboland, Got to America in 2010 wthout Papers. Currently, She has built a house in her village. Story building with pent house at the back up to roofing

She has papers now, Works legally and she just turned 27 like 2 months ago.

i have young entry level guys and gals in my unit,drive brand new cars,bought lands in agungi and ajah and live in choice parts of lekki and chevron..these are mere Entry guys that have worked for 15months max...i have facts..raw ones at that...same way i have relatives and friends abroad esp the U.K..virtually begging me to transfer silly sums of money (like 10-20k) to their folks here in nigeria as they could not meet up to their responsibility...friends that are doing menial jobs and dont have enough money to rent a place once they come into the country...do u know how many u.k returnee with msc and other qualifications that have put up at ma place??...u.k is a dead country..with its draconian tax rates..i really hate that country with a passion...u.s. is a whole lot better.

as per the crime rate..its only boko boys that are giving naija a bad name security wise...here in lagos,night club business is thriving wella...i normally roll with ma friends every wkends..we move from chevron down to clubs in allen,from there to festac and end up at v.i and lekki every weekend..all these happen btwn the hours of 10pm and 3am b4 we retire home around 3.30am and honestly i have never experienced any form of crime...lagos is relatively safe at night..all you gats do is tip (like 200naira) those alaye boys at the parking lots of the various night clubs scattered all over,they will guard your car wella...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

How is the crime rate in US higher than in Nigeria is it because it gets reported?

You couldn't have said it better, I dislike it when people say America has a lot of crimes, Nigeria has WORSE ills than U.S. does. The ONLY reason me I will like to leave the U.S. is advancement in life, nothing more. As in Politics, at least while it still pays grin grin grin

dayokanu:

manny,

Dont let anyone deceive you. I worked in both environment at the topmost level and I can categorically tell you that You are way better in the US than in Nigeria

Anyone that wants to dispute this can lets have a debate and see how it goes, I would give you specifics. Dont mind people who have never worked anywhere in their life claiming one is better.

Politics or getting contracts is the only field where you can be better in Nigeria than in America

To be honest, I see what you're saying but what if you have something going for you before you arrive Nigeria? So even if someone is into small scale production, isn't that good? For me, I want to change careers because staring on computer screen with number gives me headache, I NEVER wore glasses, and I refuse to use one... I want to go after that which I love --- flying. Someone should tell me if flying is good in Nigeria... I need career advice from experienced folks, not virtual career folks
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by UNLEASHED(m): 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

I wonder, he got me confused, thought he said whenever he comes to the UK, he loses grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by mylunch: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
deshclones:

Shut up dat gutter u call a mouth...naija's crime rate is a dot when compared to what happens abroad esp d u.s..d only unsafe place in naija is d north..we in d south run things wella..we roll anytime we deem fit..day or midnight...how on earth will anyone in his right state compare naija nd u.s in terms of crime?..so u r dis silly?..tot ur only problem was being a bigot..
You are correct, Crimes abroad are unbelievable,the thieves here are known as bold thieves,some people's speciality is defrauding only the elderly,all sort of things u would never imagine.Back home,i have heard of armed robbers asking an elderly man to keep his money that they don't need it,something like free d old man.But here,if u are old or not that is ur problem.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
mylunch: You are correct, Crimes abroad are unbelievable,the thieves here are known as bold thieves,some people's speciality is defrauding only the elderly,all sort of things u would never imagine.Back home,i have heard of armed robbers asking an elderly man to keep his money that they don't need it,something like free d old man.But here,if u are old or not that is ur problem.

WOW . . the sort of analysis you go hear from people on these issues leaves you in stupor sometimes.

So because you heard of ONE CASE of a robber leaving an elderly person, you have conveniently concluded that is the case in ALL of Nigeria? The old people, beggars, etc that have been killed, ,maimed etc in the various crime sprees, bombings, etc across Nigeria in just the last year alone are what? Rubber dolls? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by hrhobi1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

HEY CHURCH RAT, HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELED OUTA NAIJA B4? THEN U SHOULD KNOW U DON'T NEED GRAMMAR OR VOCABS TO GET THROUGH. IF YOU NEED UK VISA LET ME KNOW, I GO EVEN GIVE U HOUSE STAY FOR 1 MONTH B4 I CHASE UR BROKE ASS OUT.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by hrhobi1(m): 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
A-town:
[/b]

Did you also "loose your english and vocabulary skills in the UK"...
Hey i'm just catching fun. By the way what's with this new nairaland sef. Do i really need to have my eyes "burnt" by this terrible font color anytime i need to quote someone. This is terrible.[b]

HEY MONKEY BOY, I NO DEY FOAM OHH, I BE TRUE BREED NAIJA DELTA PRINCE, I DON DEY VISIT UK SINCE 1983.SO CALM DOWN OR SEE ANYHOW. I DON SMOKE WEED WHEN I DEY TYPE MEN NO BLAME ME. YEA THATS ME MIKKY BOLTON 1 OMO BABA MONEY MISS ROAD.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
hrhobi1:

HEY CHURCH RAT, HAVE YOU EVER TRAVELED OUTA NAIJA B4? THEN U SHOULD KNOW U DON'T NEED GRAMMAR OR VOCABS TO GET THROUGH. IF YOU NEED UK VISA LET ME KNOW, I GO EVEN GIVE U HOUSE STAY FOR 1 MONTH B4 I CHASE UR BROKE ASS OUT.

But your English had serious trouble o grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by deshclones(m): 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . the sort of analysis you go hear from people on these issues leaves you in stupor sometimes.

So because you heard of ONE CASE of a robber leaving an elderly person, you have conveniently concluded that is the case in ALL of Nigeria? The old people, beggars, etc that have been killed, ,maimed etc in the various crime sprees, bombings, etc across Nigeria in just the last year alone are what? Rubber dolls? undecided undecided undecided

grow a brain abeg...this your foolery is annoying....what prompted the legalization of arms in the u.s?where do u even stay?who started all these gang wars and everything? do u watch csi channel atall? the only good thing about the western world is that they have good press that hardly report all the crimes that take place there...i will accept that naija is worse than u.s crime wise the day i see or hear a 15yr old kid carry a gun and go on a shooting spree,or some dude eating up another live human being or terrorists hijacking two aircrafts and crashing them into uba or union bank towers...until then STFU
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by coogar: 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Serial killers are not popular in Nigeria like in the US. The thing about Nigeria is that, if you mind your business, you'll live longer than Metusela.

this is a daft comment.....

nigeria don't even have the database to analyse serial offenders to start with. there are serial killers in nigeria. every ritualist(otokoto, okija chiefs, etc) are all serial killers. how can you even begin to argue the life in nigeria is better? the same country where 500,000 pregnant women die every year? hell cannot be worse than nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
mylunch: You are correct, Crimes abroad are unbelievable,the thieves here are known as bold thieves,some people's speciality is defrauding only the elderly,all sort of things u would never imagine.Back home,i have heard of armed robbers asking an elderly man to keep his money that they don't need it,something like free d old man.But here,if u are old or not that is ur problem.

But you also did not hear about kidnappers attacking a whole traditional ruler, or Boko haram attacking the Enir of Fika?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by hrhobi1(m): 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
manny4life:

But your English had serious trouble o grin grin grin

SEE GUY LEFT ME ALONE OH, . MUGU MAGA LIKE U grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
coogar:

this is a daft comment.....nigeria don't even have a database to analyse serial offenders to start with. there are serial killers in nigeria. every ritualist(otokoto, okija chiefs, etc) are all serial killers. how can you even begin to argue the life in nigeria is better? the same country where 500,000 pregnant women die every year? hell cannot be worse than nigeria!
I always choose my words very carefully in order not to be misquoted. I never said any of the bolded.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by manny4life(m): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
hrhobi1:

SEE GUY LEFT ME ALONE OH, . MUGU MAGA LIKE U grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Speak English... grin grin grin

Say whattttttt

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by hrhobi1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
I LOVE NAIJA MEN, CHILLING WITH MY MARY J AND SHEKPE WATCHING U WHILE MY MONEY PILES UP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

I THINK 80% OF NIGERIANS ABROAD LEFT SIMPLY OUT OF FRUSTRATION. ME O WA FRUSTRATED MEN BABA GOD TI BLESS ME 3 MUCH. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by drzed: 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
afam4eva:
The truth is that hardwork and talent pays in that part of the world than in Nigeria.

In fact, much more than that, afam4eva. As long as you are educated (and legal) a little hard work abroad will reap what EXTRA hard work, connections, pulling-of-strings, nepotism, tribalism, PDP, that-witch-in-your-village and sheer systemic failure cannot allow you to achieve in Nigeria. Fact.

Is it still rosy abroad? You're darn right it is, for many people!

So the real question should be:.... 'is it still messed up in Nigeria?'

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by hrhobi1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
manny4life:

Speak English... grin grin grin

Say whattttttt

MANNY MY MAN, U WAN MAKE I SHOOT U AGAIN? THE ONE SCARFACE DO U NEVER REACH??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Grinds Pepper Inside An Airplane (photos) / Accident On Calabar Itu Highway (Graphic Photos) / Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.