Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,442 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? (41445 Views)

Helping New Nigerians in Diaspora / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Nigerians In Nigeria Versus Nigerians In Diaspora! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by TeskyMan(m): 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

I told you to differentiate the people you can bluff and me..Below is a report from the US embassy stating exactly the same thing I said. Robbery on osborne was a regular thing that most colleagues at work would wait till late before leaving

Just passing by,

This is my normal route (Kingsway - Osbourne - Third Mainland Bridge) and I can tell you categorically that Lagos it alot safer compared to the report you posted. The issue of Apogbon - Lagos Island you mentioned earlier, it had been fixed way back 2008. The robbers operate with motor-bike on the other side of the road but I can tell you Dayo, it is a thing of the past.
Yes, there are still armed robbers in Lagos but relatively, it is safer on the Island than any other part on the mainland. This i can say categorically with respect to 15 years experience.

Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by werepeLeri: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Simple question and some folks still find it necessary to abuse one another? If you abuse another just because you want to drive home a point, what does that make you? Its not the amount of the abuse in your comment that matters, but the amount of sense you are able to make. Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by chuquiz(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
pDude: It is not rosy in this US economy o! The economy is very bad coupled with the illegal immigrant issues. Mexicans are more liable to get a good job before an African, even if they are illegal.

It isn't rosy at all o.

Then return home na, i dont understand you guys o
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2012
ronkebp: Lies!!!!!!! don't let anyone deceive you that it is not rosy in the diaspora. It is defintely not a place for a lazy-man, and i want to make money-quickly-kind-of a person. If you are an illegal immigrant, your woes have just started.
grin grin grin grin

This is why I love America. The playing field is sort of leveled for all immigrants, rich or poor.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rosy ko, Daisy ni. Their isn't much here anymore, matter of fact once im done with med school and residency im coming back home.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by kokoye(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
This past week, three of my friends were robbed at gun point while they stopped at the traffic light under the Folomo bridge on the V.I side. These were separate incidents and all happened between 7 & 8pm on separate days.

I hope the relevant authorities are taking note.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
chuquiz:

Then return home na, i dont understand you guys o

grin grin grin
I said it was very tough but I never said I couldn't handle it. cheesy
After living in Aba for 2 hard years, boy! I can handle anything life throws my way.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2012
deshclones: naija has no verifiable statistics man..thats why anybody can open his yap and spew conflicting figures...unemployment is not that bad...any hardworking guy in naija will definitely eat..its a fact..just that so many peeps want white collar jobs,jobs they will sit under a/c and work...you must be privy to the thread on dangote's company's recruitment of graduate drivers..you also saw silly statements lazy youths were making...nobody wants to farm or do other business that will generate money....i was into property business b4 i got my present job and was making average of 70-100k in a bad month..same with so many guys that are making money,same as barbers,recharge card sellers...go to balogun,ladipo,nnewi,etc and see young able bodied youths making mad money..in ladipo for example,you see guys that will approach you,take you to shops ..

Recruitment test in Naija while this dolt says unemployment is not that bad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/350159_NDLEA_jpg6f269092438969a9720d89957ae4e4b0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/350160_NDLEA_TEST_2_jpg0fb7d0675641f58115245204787a436c

https://www.nairaland.com/550907/unemployment-ndlea-recruitment-test-ph

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by kokoye(m): 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Rosy ko, Daisy ni. Their isn't much here anymore, matter of fact once im done with med school im coming back home.

Are you serious? Your family must be wealthy. Or hopefully, you get a job with UNICEF or an oil company as a medical staff member. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by werepeLeri: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
and what has the question here got to do with if America is better than Nigeria? Question is - is it still rosy out there. Simple as ABC. We know those who will twist the topic just to make a point that America is better than Nigeria. We all know that already, so stop preaching and answer the question so others may learn.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2012
kokoye: This past week, three of my friends were robbed at gun point while they stopped at the traffic light under the Folomo bridge on the V.I side. These were separate incidents and all happened between 7 & 8pm on separate days.

Maybe they would tell us Falomo isnt Lagos or it isnt Island
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2012
werepeLeri: and what has the question here got to do with if America is better than Nigeria? Question is - is it still rosy out there. Simple as ABC.

Being rosy is always in comparison to something

Compared to nigeria, i would still say its Rosy very rosy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
kokoye:

Are you serious? Your family must be wealthy. Or hopefully, you get a job with UNICEF or an oil company as a medical staff member. Good luck

I tell ya. cheesy
Goodluck to her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by chuquiz(m): 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
pDude:

True that bruv. I am presently doing that cos this Nigerian degree wey I hold nor make sense for here at all o. cheesy
pls what did you study?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by mylunch: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Can you tell me what crime is bigger than going to church and blowing up everyone

or which crime is greater than Fulani herdmen wiping out a whole village killing women and children mainly.

Just tell me which crime
Here is my point,abroad is not heaven as is believed by most persons,is certainly not crime free,there are no such things as serial killers back home,this just one in a million crimes here.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
chuquiz:
pls what did you study?

Medicine.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Rosy ko, Daisy ni. Their isn't much here anymore, matter of fact once im done with med school im coming back home.

Do you know how much Medical Doctors earn in Nigeria compared to US?

A lot of my friends after medical school had to leave medicine completely and some even worked in banks when the Salary of w Doctor was less than 100k while their colleagues who werent as smart in banks were netting 200k

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2012

For good too!!! Those of us here prefer only the best Nigerians show up and stay here. I really am with the person who said that no lazy persons need stay.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

A lot of my friends after medical school had to leave medicine completely and some even worked in banks when the Salary of w Doctor was less than 100k while their colleagues who werent as smart in banks were netting 200k

Gbam! Tell them bruv.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2012
mylunch: Here is my point,abroad is not heaven as is believed by most persons,is certainly not crime free,there are no such things as serial killers back home,this just one in a million crimes here.

There are no serial killers?

Ok whats Clifford orji? Whats the Okija shrine? Whats the numerous killers in almost every part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ronkebp(f): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2012
manny4life:

Did you say enough? Hmm, enough is overstatement, besides the tax bracket is high for most of those folks who earn such amounts. Some one who earns $100,000 here and someone who earns $100,000 in Nigeria, I strongly believe the person in Nigeria has enough money than person here.

this is where the exchange rate come into play. imagine if you want to secure safety (unless you hire a mopo...who will run when armed-robbers visit)or else you really cannot get one, maybe Lekki and VI and you know how , 24 hrs light, 24 hr water, lets assume you want to tar the road/ street that leads to your house, you want good school for your children, enjoy a nice car (mercedes), and also save to go on vacation with your family, then trust me that 100,000k in Naija, will not last more than 3 months at most.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
mylunch: Here is my point,abroad is not heaven as is believed by most persons,is certainly not crime free,there are no such things as serial killers back home,this just one in a million crimes here.

Stop that bull-shi0t! Only brain dead people will think abroad is heaven. It is not. Every non-imbec1le knows that.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Ok whats Clifford orji? Whats the Okija shrine? Whats the numerous killers in almost every part of Nigeria

Just this March or February, in Owerri, some youths who went to a party were essentially butchered. It barely made news anywhere else, and apparently this has been going on for a while.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by werepeLeri: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
Abeg - how has this thread turn to comparing America with Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by deshclones(m): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
kokoye: This past week, three of my friends were robbed at gun point while they stopped at the traffic light under the Folomo bridge on the V.I side. These were separate incidents and all happened between 7 & 8pm on separate days.

grin grin grin grin dude get real....under falomo bridge?? law school bus-stop?? by 7pm...dude..that road is always busy by the time you listed man....you obviously don't know how to lie...get your facts right..moreover there is a police patrol and lastma team stationed there permanently..i feel like b1tch slapping you now...

dayokanu:

Recruitment test in Naija while this dolt says unemployment is not that bad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/350159_NDLEA_jpg6f269092438969a9720d89957ae4e4b0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/350160_NDLEA_TEST_2_jpg0fb7d0675641f58115245204787a436c

https://www.nairaland.com/550907/unemployment-ndlea-recruitment-test-ph

you are just too dumb....re-read ma post very well...or you have comprehension problems too??
moreover so many of the peeps there already have a job...they are just looking for a better job..i know like 7 guys that left their jobs in banks for oil jobs..nigerian youths are just insatiable..or you think having a job is all about white collar jobs?? lastma,lamata, etc are all jobs....its just proud and lazy people that complain about unemployment in nigeria...they are so many things to do to generate money in this country...i know a classmate of mine that makes 10-15k daily..he has a bus he drives himself..running from ajah to obalende daily.....inspired and spyder are living examples of dudes making serious money using NL..use your brain and you will enjoy naija...
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Acidosis(m): 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
poster ask those that just landed in MMA from syria. They'll explain to you.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
werepeLeri: Abeg - how has this thread turn to comparing America with Nigeria?

Abi oooo! Ask me bruv
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Actually i plan to build my own medical practice in nigeria, I know i might sound like a mad woman to you now but i know it is going to happen by God's grace. Once i finish my residency and get enough money i am coming back home, tired of this americans treating me like i am a slave and i'm inferior, when quite frankly they are the ones that need to check themselves. If you know what I have went through in this country, you will understand why i say im coming back home. I know nigeria is hard, but what country is easy??
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by kokoye(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
I decided against giving my opinions on posts like this because some people will not just understand - it depends on which side you are facing.

When I was in grad school and doing security work, a typical Nigerian would see me and thing I was wasting my life away because I had a 'fantastic' job back in Naija. But for me, it was a means to an end. With the money I made from being a security man in America, I was able to pay for my masters, had my own apartment, send money to my parents and sisters and travelled around the world regularly. Would a security man in Nigeria be able to do that? I think not but I stand corrected.

Now, years after I finished school here, I am enjoying the fruit of my labor and God has been good to me. Almost all of my friends are very successful in this country because they went to school here and have paid their dues as well.

If you think America is a bed of roses where you can come and land it big without working hard or struggling, you're kidding urself..or maybe you are into 419. But then, who knows.

The issue is most people meet us here when we are struggling and working hard and decide every Nigerian in America is in financial pain. Open your eyes and you will see Nigerians doing very well here. To join that team, you must be ready to work hard and then reap the fruits.

Come to Texas and you will see illegal immigrants working hard (manual) and buying houses and cars cash down. Yes I said it. If you are ready to work hard in this country, you will make it. No one cares what kind of work you do.

I dont know what's going on in Nigeria but I know life is not a bed of roses anywhere - you must work hard either in Nigeria or wherever. People are getting rich or broke in every nation. That's life.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by ronkebp(f): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
dayokanu:

Add the ritualists to the list.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora - Is It Really Still Rosy Out There? by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
manny4life:

Did you say enough? Hmm, enough is overstatement, besides the tax bracket is high for most of those folks who earn such amounts. Some one who earns $100,000 here and someone who earns $100,000 in Nigeria, I strongly believe the person in Nigeria has enough money than person here.

The kind of life you would live on a 100k salary in USA, you would need 250k to live in it in Lagos Nigeria

How much would you buy a house in a decent place the US vs in Nigeria? How much do you service your car? How much would you pay for basic things you take for granted like light and water?

How about the wear and tear on your car? How many times have you ever taken your car to mechanic due to bad roads etc?

How much do you pay Security guards aka Aboki in US? How much would you pay for hospital bills?

Ever wonder why almost every rich man in Nigeria want their wife to deliver abroad?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Grinds Pepper Inside An Airplane (photos) / Accident On Calabar Itu Highway (Graphic Photos) / Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.