Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? (13832 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Olympics 2012: Runaway Cameroonians Found! / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by ssjalo(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
I LOVE MY COUNTRY
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by mrkels(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
Simply because its difficult to work in england as an illegal immigrant and the system has been bastadised by their predecessors
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
I guess because most of those nigerians representing nigeria at the olympics have been abroad before, so its nothing special to them. Take for instance the nigerian basketball team, I heard most of them went to school in america/abroad.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
mrkels: Simply because its difficult to work in england as an illegal immigrant and the system has been bastadised by their predecessors
It may have something to do with the country too. If this world cup was hosted by an American city, many of the athletes and supporters club no go return. It happened in Atlanta 96.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by RichDad1(m): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
I comment my reserve till USA and Canada Host Olympics cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by omboye: 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
Those Nigerian athletes representing us at the Olympics would not bail because they are mostly top acts in their trade for the country and have lots of prospect of junketing out through our country's name as ambassadors.Try any other Nigerian athlete who is not renown and that person would disappear. Is it the likes of our basketball team members who are all yankees or our athletics team who are running in circuits in Europe that would bail for what reason.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Afam4eva(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
omboye: Those Nigerian athletes representing us at the Olympics would not bail because they are mostly top acts in their trade for the country and have lots of prospect of junketing out through our country's name as ambassadors.Try any other Nigerian athlete who is not renown and that person would disappear. Is it the likes of our basketball team members who are all yankees or our athletics team who are running in circuits in Europe that would bail for what reason.
Exactly. They're more like celebrities. Just go and pick all your athletes from Ajegunle and Mushin and see if anyone will return.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Rhino5dm: 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Are you from Ca-moroon? How much is a bunch of banana? you spoke like a fool, how dare you compare Nigeria with that jungle?

nkem Kalu: NIGERIA IS IMPROVING KO, NIGERIA IMPROVING NI......ELECTRICITY KO, ELECTRICITY NI. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK. NIGERIA AND CAMEROON ARE ON THE SAME ECONOMIC STANDSTILL...FULLSTOP

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by kokoye(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: I guess because most of those nigerians representing nigeria at the olympics have been abroad before, so its nothing special to them. Take for instance the nigerian basketball team, I heard most of them went to school in america/abroad.

Most of the guys on that team were born in the U.S ...so they dont count. I think just one or two were actually born in Nigeria.

If they could make the U.S national team, I bet they wont be on the Nigerian team..just saying.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by juman(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
blacksta: Speaking to soon - Olympics not yet over.

Abi. Let see.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Rhino5dm: 5:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
Draft!

afam4eva:
Exactly. They're more like celebrities. Just go and pick all your athletes from Ajegunle and Mushin and see if anyone will return.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Afam4eva(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Draft!

You wanna play Draft for Nigeria at the olympics?
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
kokoye:

Most of the guys on that team were born in the U.S ...so they dont count. I think just one or two were actually born in Nigeria.

If they could make the U.S national team, I bet they wont be on the Nigerian team..just saying.
Actually they do count, because if they had went to go choose a couple of abroad-craving nigerians to represent us in the olympics instead of the ones that were actually born abroad, they might have also done what those cameroonians did.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by escobar07(m): 5:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Maybe dem give dem beta close marking. Lol
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by noiseless: 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
That is very helpful anyway cos the vacancy their disapearance created will make rooms for more Cameroonian bros/sis to travel come next olympics. May God help my Cameroon brothers and punish pom mbiya!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Jibwillz: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
OLYMPIC 7 cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by enroute(m): 6:09pm On Aug 08, 2012
I couldn't help noticing that a couple of you mentioned improved power supply in the country as one of the incentives why our athletes have not done any Houdini acts yet. Do you guys really think the power situation has improved or are u just catching fun? cos honestly, i have no clue what is happening in the power sector, am still waiting for NEPA to come to their senses and go about business as usual. Regarding the issue of our athletes staying put for now, lets wait and see.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by OLUWAMETOO: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
if u read the biography of these athletes, you will find out most of them are already schooling abroad or schooled abroad.....much of dem are based dere, dey just come nd represent..........90% of d tigers have thick accent nd dey play abroad.............
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by madridsta007(m): 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
‎9ja get swag na... Naija boys dey come jand for morning, charge their phone, enter return flight to Lag that same day.... I pity the Camerounians, UKBA go find dem, deport dem.. Those guys don't have time.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Austinodark(m): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2012
Why will they abscond when they can stay in Nigeria and make money online or doing business,cos there is money in this country!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Leboska(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
nkem Kalu: NIGERIA IS IMPROVING KO, NIGERIA IMPROVING NI......ELECTRICITY KO, ELECTRICITY NI. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK. NIGERIA AND CAMEROON ARE ON THE SAME ECONOMIC STANDSTILL...FULLSTOP
pls if u don't have any reasonable thing 2 say pls shut up!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Deleron(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
The reason why Nigerian athletes are not disappearing is because most of them if not all lives abroad even in the very london.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by dasparrow: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Post

All I can say is that with their kinda fugly looking faces splashed all over the news and internet, whatever they came to do in the UK will not work. They may have to crawl under a stone and stay there because if the british locals spot any of them, they will call the police or whoever is in charge of immigration and they will be deported with immediate alacrity.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
the first guy in that pics look so funny..
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by AkoEja: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nigeria has the largest population of Africans in the world. Every 5th black man is a Nigerian, so Nigerian should not disappear so quickly from the Olympics. In fact we should be winning medals, instead of disappearing. There was a time when when there was a very strong force in athletics and boxing, and for many Olympics we were always present in the finals of athletic events. We should not be celebrating not disappear, but asking the questions why we have not won any medals.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by souleymon(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
Because Most of our Athlethes are Foreign Based
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by doublej1(m): 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nigerians are very wise when it comes to the area of criminal act. They can never be caught unaware. They calculate moves.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Social media as also provided a lot of instant information to people on realities on ground.Lack of information made people sell all their belongings to travel in the past.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties / Onuachu Set To Join Ligue 1 Club Olympic Lyon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.