Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,784 members, 7,831,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? (13833 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Olympics 2012: Runaway Cameroonians Found! / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by ekitikan(m): 7:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Wrong.. I know for certain that when our local footballers go for trials or competitions, their passports are gathered and kept by the coach to discourage players bailing out

Which footballers? are you talking about grassroot coaches that organise training tours or tournament for their clubs in europe,only for boys that their parents who ve gone aborrowing are left with no options than to advise their wards that "if you no get club,no return oh.you know say na borrow we borrow for you to travel oh".I dont think any pro player in the 9ja prem ligue wud "blow AWOL" (i stand to be corrected). Despite the fact that their salaries are not regular yet they know that things can only get better if they persevere,so our footballers no fit bhave lyk tht.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by babsjnr(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Jamb question! Buh make I answer. D fucking reason is probably d life-condition of all d 9ja Athletes @ ds Olumpik is not as challenging as dat of d 7 runaway Camerounian Athletes. Moreso, dy v a +ve mindset.
Buh if 9ja had taken hungry & desperate Athletes to London, dem fit runaway 4rm camp go Kidnap d Queen 4 ransom.
kidnap who? Swallow that poo ur self.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by alienware(m): 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
nkem Kalu: NIGERIA IS IMPROVING KO, NIGERIA IMPROVING NI......ELECTRICITY KO, ELECTRICITY NI. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK. NIGERIA AND CAMEROON ARE ON THE SAME ECONOMIC STANDSTILL...FULLSTOP
na lie ! No be so e be during abacha time, at least then when i dey primary sch things rough badly but now i dey make money at tender age from internet biz, i dey sell gum arabic to pepsi company, indians and lebanenese merchants, i dey sell ginger too ! Opportunity don plenty jare unless u still dey inside HOLE.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by SisiKill1: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
blacksta: Speaking to soon - Olympics not yet over.

LMFAO!!! cheesy cheesy

@ Topic
Why should Nigerians run away. . .when we can now celebrate 3 Straight Days of power supply. Can things get rosier than that? I think not!!! cool
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by ekitikan(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Wrong.. I know for certain that when our local footballers go for trials or competitions, their passports are gathered and kept by the coach to discourage players bailing out
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by babsjnr(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2012
madridsta007: ‎9ja get swag na... Naija boys dey come jand for morning, charge their phone, enter return flight to Lag that same day.... I pity the Camerounians, UKBA go find dem, deport dem.. Those guys don't have time.
ukba that failed 2 account illegal alien living in uk. uk immigration system is sucks.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by seguneze: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
We must commend our sportmen and women,they have always live up to expectation
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by sambos994(m): 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
smoothcrim2090: The fact that they are not part of ECOWAS will mean they will get poorer and poorer. Their crimes in Bakassi and French puppet leaders will keep them a donkey state!!!!

True that...I have a question, why make multiple accounts?
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by osajojo(m): 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
I don't think they escaped mayb they went to buy suya and couldn't find their way back. Atleast this what they wud say when they find them
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Rossikk(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: Jamb question! Buh make I answer. D fucking reason is probably d life-condition of all d 9ja Athletes @ ds Olumpik is not as challenging as dat of d 7 runaway Camerounian Athletes. Moreso, dy v a +ve mindset.
Buh if 9ja had taken hungry & desperate Athletes to London, dem fit runaway 4rm camp go Kidnap d Queen 4 ransom.

grin grin grin grin Una no go kill person for this NL.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by mylunch: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
76Naira: We have passed that phase.
It's no secret that it's not all rosy out there.
Exact point.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Rossikk(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
souleymon: Because Most of our Athlethes are Foreign Based

You're wrong. The majority of them are based in Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by mimifonwon(f): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rossikk: Nigerians are not disappearing at the Olympics like Camerounians because conditions in Nigeria are not as challenging as in Cameroun. In Nigeria, there is movement forward in terms of the economy. Even power supply is improving by the day. Opportunities are opening up for people. There is a palpable sense of hope in the country. So you can't compare, really.

The Camerounian govt needs to step up. That country has been in the doldrums for too long and is being left behind by the likes of Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal etc.

what you said is true, but dont count out the fact that the uk, especially gbr have a colonial parent child relationship that even though 9ja got its independence its relationship is more amicable and closer than that of cameroun and gbr, because gbr was france colonial child, not gbr.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Obiagu1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
It's because Nigerians already know that the UK is like hellfire. Who wan relocate from fire to hellfire? No difference if you ask me cool

If na Canada or the US, then maybe, just maybe...
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rossikk:

Thank you my brother.

And more water to your elbow!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Freesia(f): 9:08pm On Aug 08, 2012
They should have competed first,they have called unnecessary attention towards themselves
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2012
we are growing gradually.... why no grow beyond your limit now... you can now make money with your mobile phone without stress.. click below to see how simple it is for free.... just click below and thank me leta
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
Have you ever seen a poor Nigerian athlete?

If you get money yo go chop plenty for Naija.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Remmyode(m): 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rossikk: Nigerians are not disappearing at the Olympics like Camerounians because conditions in Nigeria are not as challenging as in Cameroun. In Nigeria, there is movement forward in terms of the economy. Even power supply is improving by the day. Opportunities are opening up for people. There is a palpable sense of hope in the country. So you can't compare, really.

The Camerounian govt needs to step up. That country has been in the doldrums for too long and is being left behind by the likes of Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast,
Senegal etc.

My brother their is actually nothing wrong in Cameroon though no job but the standard of living is better than that of Nigeria judging by the basic amenities a man should enjoy, electricity 24/7, water 24/7, potholess roads, accomondation cheaper to nija and food is relatively cheap in abundance. The only thing that makes us higher is that we open eyes better than Cameroonian and democracy.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by flashit(f): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
That's the power of Samsung Galaxy S3 swift key. Type two letters and get a word.

I won't expect you know that, after all your "London used" black "burry" has affected your brain. grin

grin
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Adufaye(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hmmm....even naija stil do it,wer i train dey tuk 15 senior players 2 denmark 4 trials only 7came bak 2 naija,d rest runaway
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by vanminister: 10:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
the ides of march are come!

Julius Caesar spoke too soon!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by manuch(m): 10:43pm On Aug 08, 2012
rman: Nigerian athletes will not run away because the opportunity available for anyone good enough to represent us at that level is numerous. So why run?

Mind you, all the members of the basketball team are based in Europe or America already.

Majority of the peeps in atlethics are also based aabroad or have traveled out to London before.

If you are good enough to represent Nigeria in any sport, believe me, traveling out wont be a big thing because, our sports association travel regularly.

Athletes from Cameroon may not have this opportunity and may see this Olympic as a golden chance to disappear into Europe.

The fact that Naija athletes ain't running ( disapperaing ) is because it is no biggie to athletes at that level in our country anymore.

you are spot on. travelling outside is no longer a big deal as it used to be.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Balyz: 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2012

The Camerounian govt needs to step up. That country has been in the doldrums for too long and is being left behind by the likes of Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal etc.
Yadi yadi yadi.......Blah
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by mrperfect(m): 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
what are you suggesting?
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by stint(m): 12:40am On Aug 09, 2012
they haven't ran away simply because its ramadan. let them finish fasting .
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Godogwu: 1:12am On Aug 09, 2012
nkem Kalu: NIGERIA IS IMPROVING KO, NIGERIA IMPROVING NI......ELECTRICITY KO, ELECTRICITY NI. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK. NIGERIA AND CAMEROON ARE ON THE SAME ECONOMIC STANDSTILL...FULLSTOP

Utter Rubbish.....not the Nigeria I live in Aii smiley
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by marabout(m): 1:27am On Aug 09, 2012
charles424: Well I believe nobody want to leave certainity for uncertainity at the sametime we can't compare london condition to nigerian condition,,but nothing dey for london again..ask ppl wey dey there...most of them dey suffer in silence,but shame no fit make dem come home...na only chop and wear clothes..

Me i dey London oo. some wey dey come visit only before don tanda here now. Some after years of job hunting in Naija post-Ajuwaya. Since 2008 until around 2016, things will be tough here in London jobwise. But oyinbo dey plan ahead and seek solutions.

Fact is it depends on what you do in Naija. If your condition is poor in Naija, you are better off here: free eduction, free healthcare for your kids and some chop money for your kids- all kids whether parents poor or rich. If you earn 250k and above monthly in Naija and own your own house, no need coming here. Except for post-grad education or visit.

You cannot deny that if 50% of Naija are absolutely poor, maybe only 5% are absolutely poor here.

Most Naija athletes are already based abroad anyway or have no problem getting visa to any country, so why run away?

Don't be surprised that the camerounians who ran away only got into the team through corruption and are not even athletes at all.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Genius100: 2:49am On Aug 09, 2012
Obviously this OP is another shameless 40 laptop slowpoke. mtcheewww... All we need Retardeen to do is ferociously fight corruption and everything else will fall in place..
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by facelessangel12: 3:41am On Aug 09, 2012
If you think so then something is wrong with your head.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by facelessangel12: 3:42am On Aug 09, 2012
Godogwu:

Utter Rubbish.....not the Nigeria I live in Aii smiley
correct guygrin
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by rotexsky(m): 3:44am On Aug 09, 2012
Just relax,you won't be dissappointed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties / UCL: Which clubs will be the likely winners in the Round of 16?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.