Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,313 members, 7,954,252 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:26 PM

Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? (13954 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Olympics 2012: Runaway Cameroonians Found! / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by HammedSodiqq: 11:27am On Aug 08, 2012
It is no longer news that each time African contingents on sporting activities visit Europe, they don't come back complete, as some vamoose into tin air, all in search of more greener pasture. Recently, about 7 Cameroonians were reported missing, putting English Police, Immigration personnel, and organizers of the oluympic at alert. The question then is, why have we not recorded such case? Why are our people still intact? Findings indicate that some of our Representatives have been told by friends and relatives at home that the power situation has improved, that GEJ has promised 10,000 jobs and will create more soon, that DANGOTE has also provided over 50,000 jobs too, that opposition can now win election if they are popular, that the Govt has renewed it's resolve to making Nigeria a better place, that rails are beginning to work again, and so on. What in your opinion is the reason why our people are still complete? Or are these people lying about Naija situation?

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Rossikk(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nigerians are not disappearing at the Olympics like Camerounians because conditions in Nigeria are not as challenging as in Cameroun. In Nigeria, there is movement forward in terms of the economy. Even power supply is improving by the day. Opportunities are opening up for people. There is a palpable sense of hope in the country. So you can't compare, really.

The Camerounian govt needs to step up. That country has been in the doldrums for too long and is being left behind by the likes of Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal etc.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by amdy08: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
That is to show the high level of discipline prevalent in the citizens of nigeria.i can recall in 2002 world cup in south Korea when Senegalese footballer and striker kalilou Fahdiga was alleged to have been involved in shoplifting in a Korean supermarket. I really have to commend our sports representatives for remaining good ambassadors of this great country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by blacksta(m): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2012
Speaking to soon - Olympics not yet over.

13 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Euroclydon(m): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rossikk: Nigerians are not disappearing at the Olympics like Camerounians because conditions in Nigeria are not as challenging as in Cameroun. In Nigeria, there is movement forward in terms of the economy. Even power supply is improving by the day. Opportunities are opening up for people. There is a palpable sense of hope in the country. So you can't compare, really.

The Camerounian govt needs to step up. That country has been in the doldrums for too long and is being left behind by the likes of Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal etc.

i have been following your comments and you write like a wise person. More grease to ur elbows.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Idokojimmy: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2012
There is room for improvement. We have not even gone closer. Govt should step up their game
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2012
blacksta: Speaking to soon - Olympics not yet over.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Rossikk(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
Euroclydon:

i have been following your comments and you write like a wise person. More grease to ur elbows.

Thank you my brother.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
@Poster, I don't think you can judge any country by the actions of this 7. There are atheletes from countries supposedly worse than Cameroon out there too and we have yet to read/hear stories of those absconding. This 7 may have probably reached their wits end and decided they could no longer handle going back.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by bubadaniel13: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
I don't why some Nigerians don't see anything good even when something plausable is done......at least our athletes are well behaved,Nigeria is not a bad country there is no need absconding..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by mamikky: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
Naija no good, but nobody wan die ooooo, no place like home jo
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Onilaiscool(f): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2012
Rossikk: Nigerians are not disappearing at the Olympics like Camerounians because conditions in Nigeria are not as challenging as in Cameroun. In Nigeria, there is movement forward in terms of the economy. Even power supply is improving by the day. Opportunities are opening up for people. There is a palpable sense of hope in the country. So you can't compare, really.

undecided pls all Africans from other countries will like 2 escape 2 london. .they are just scared

they wont even bother. .look @ how the cameroonian 7 athletes pictures are shown everywhere on the news grin. .it is not worth the risk tongue. .they will soon catch them

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
Jamb question! Buh make I talk sum sense. D fucking reason is probably d life-condition of all d 9ja Athletes @ ds Olumpik is not as challenging as dat of d 7 runaway Camerounian Athletes. Moreso, dy v a +ve mindset.
Buh if 9ja had taken hungry & desperate Athletes to London, dem fit runaway 4rm camp go Kidnap d Queen 4 ransom.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Afam4eva(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
The reason is not because the situations in those other African countries like someone alluded to. Rather i think it's because the NJigerian contigent are more enlightened and they know that they have a bright future. better still they don't see themselves succeeded in any other profession as sports is the only thing most of them know. Their situation is not as hopeless as that of some other people. But i'm not discounting the fact that some members of our supporters club will continue drunning support in the UK after their mates have come back home.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by smoothcrim2090: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
The fact that they are not part of ECOWAS will mean they will get poorer and poorer. Their crimes in Bakassi and French puppet leaders will keep them a donkey state!!!!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
Cameroun is being left behind by the likes of Nigeria? Lmao... Choi... Dem dey blow reverse?
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by miteolu(m): 4:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
Once London Olympic 2012 has not ended there is hope of Nigerians disappearing. Wait until it ends before this topic.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by kingparagon1: 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
thank you jare! Till d end, its 2 early. Do you think dey will like 2 come back 2b bombed in church or mosque? Jst wait!!!
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by 76Naira(m): 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
We have passed that phase.
It's no secret that it's not all rosy out there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
HammedSodiqq: It is no longer news that each time African contingents on sporting activities visit Europe, they don't come back complete, as some vamoose into tin air, all in search of more greener pasture. Recently, about 7 Cameroonians were reported missing, putting English Police, Immigration personnel, and organizers of the oluympic at alert. The question then is, why have we not recorded such case? Why are our people still intact? Findings indicate that some of our Representatives have been told by friends and relatives at home that the power situation has improved, that GEJ has promised 10,000 jobs and will create more soon, that DANGOTE has also provided over 50,000 jobs too, that opposition can now win election if they are popular, that the Govt has renewed it's resolve to making Nigeria a better place, that rails are beginning to work again, and so on. What in your opinion is the reason why our people are still complete? Or are these people lying about Naija situation?

Wrong.. I know for certain that when our local footballers go for trials or competitions, their passports are gathered and kept by the coach to discourage players bailing out
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by slimyem: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
Euroclydon:

nor be only you o..
Me sef don dey take style respect the guy...cheesy
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Onilaiscool(f): 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
smoothcrim2090: The fact that they are not part of ECOWAS will mean they will get poorer and poorer. Their crimes in Bakassi and French puppet leaders will keep them a donkey state!!!!

u never dull grin this Ghana man
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by rman: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
Nigerian athletes will not run away because the opportunity available for anyone good enough to represent us at that level is numerous. So why run?

Mind you, all the members of the basketball team are based in Europe or America already.

Majority of the peeps in atlethics are also based aabroad or have traveled out to London before.

If you are good enough to represent Nigeria in any sport, believe me, traveling out wont be a big thing because, our sports association travel regularly.

Athletes from Cameroon may not have this opportunity and may see this Olympic as a golden chance to disappear into Europe.

The fact that Naija athletes ain't running ( disapperaing ) is because it is no biggie to athletes at that level in our country anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by kutchs: 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
Why are Nigerians so negative about Nigeria? Would it please u to hear that a Nigerian vamoosed? Me think this is a very stupid question to ask.
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by publisher(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
[size=13pt]The real reason is this,Apart from Boko Haram and PHCN wahala; Nigeria is abound with testimonies of absolute nobodies who rose up to become great peoples. The D'banj's, Genivieve's, Psquares, Kwame's,Linda ikeji's and a host of others are living testimonies that opportunities in Nigeria are endless.
In many other francophone African countries,if u are not connected with France or with the ruling elite then your own is finished.
If you have relatives in Garbon and Equitorial Guinea they'll tell you the true meaning of corruption. In Garbon for example,before you register a big company from their own version of CAC,u must have a referral from someone close to the President family,Political party or elite. And they MUST have shares in your business.
No be like Naija,that if you chook head inside the right business and Hammer better pay,nobody in Aso rock or National Asembly go send you or your money. Na when u come out say you wan contest election na there your ur wahala go start.

Nigeria is good,and will get better if we solve Boko Haram and PHCN.[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by siddiq202(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by charles424(m): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2012
Well I believe nobody want to leave certainity for uncertainity at the sametime we can't compare london condition to nigerian condition,,but nothing dey for london again..ask ppl wey dey there...most of them dey suffer in silence,but shame no fit make dem come home...na only chop and wear clothes..
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
HammedSodiqq eh Beaf. You dey try sha. Keep it up bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Kelvinj(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
Well if plan A no work plan B worked for those 7 lol
Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by nkemKalu: 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2012

NIGERIA IS IMPROVING KO, NIGERIA IMPROVING NI......ELECTRICITY KO, ELECTRICITY NI. POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK. NIGERIA AND CAMEROON ARE ON THE SAME ECONOMIC STANDSTILL...FULLSTOP

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by kokoye(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
I believe part of the reason is because more and more Nigerians have realised that it is not the most advisable thing to stay in a country where you dont have papers to work (or have nothing planned out). Definately not the U.K where they are trying everything possible for frustrate and weed out illegals.

Not worth it nowadays...especially if you got something decent going for you at home. But I guess those Camerounians had nothing going for them or they would have gone back home. I wont jugde cos I'm not in their shoes.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Have Not Vamoosed At The Olympics Like Cameroonians? by Onilaiscool(f): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
kokoye: I believe part of the reason is because more and more Nigerians have realised that it is not the most advisable thing to stay in a country where you dont have papers to work (or have nothing planned out). Definately not the U.K where they are trying everything possible for frustrate and weed out illegals.

Not worth it nowadays...especially if you got something decent going for you at home. But I guess those Camerounians had nothing going for them or they would have gone back home. I wont jugde cos I'm not in their shoes.

gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step / Super Eagles Boycott Training Over Unpaid Appearance Allowance / Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi Rules Out Retirement From National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.