Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,736 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session (30049 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Traveling To Ireland Dublin For Studies / I'm Planning To Travel To Malaysia For Studies, Please I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2012
justwise am just trying to hook him up with Sarah ... who work in Coventry University International Office. She can pick him up at the air port to school.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2012
johnwisdom10: justwise am just trying to hook him up with Sarah.... who work in Coventry University International Office. She can pick him up at the air port to school.

Allow him to make that arrangement himself, nobody here knows who Sarah is.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 8:49am On Sep 20, 2012
he can follow her on facebook...cos she really help me too...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 8:53am On Sep 20, 2012
he can add her on facebook if she like.... Just wanna help him out......
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2012
johnwisdom10: he can add her on facebook if she like.... Just wanna help him out......

johnwisdom10: he can follow her on facebook...cos she really help me too...

There is no need for that, if she is Coventry university staff then the op will be picked up just like every other student heading to Coventry university, no need for any sort of 'hook up'

She helped you? Are you in Coventry now?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 10:05am On Sep 20, 2012
@Johnwisdon are u in coventry now? I av no acomodatn yet, I jst need any naija who dey go coventry or aledy dere who can help out on acomodatn..
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 11:01am On Sep 20, 2012
Dat will b so nice, but how well do u kno dis landlord? Is he genuine..tanks
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2012
albertseun: Dat will b so nice, but how well do u kno dis landlord? Is he genuine..tanks

Don't risk your money, don't pay for room you have not seen or to landlord you never met and sign tenancy agreement with.

Pay for 2days hotel accommodation close to your uni then look for accommodation within those 2days.

1 Like

Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2012
check this site
mobile.globrix.com/property/flatshare/coventry

cos a friend of my get an accommodation through here but i will advise u not to pay any money to them until u see the room with your eye....good luck
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2012
@justwise...tanx 4ur advis.. Scam full evrywere sha
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2012
albertseun: @justwise...tanx 4ur advis.. Scam full evrywere sha

There are alot of Nigerians in Coventry university, during your orientation you will see people in the same situation as you are, approach and ask questions about accommodation, you will get help, never pay for an accommodation you haven't seen, signed tenancy agreement and have the key.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2012
Okay
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 11:51am On Sep 20, 2012
omo naa so i dey fear for accommodation too cos bad people don spoil good people for naija.i fear naija jor.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
smiley na so o broda
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by johnwisdom10(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
God go purnish all of them wey won dey take us as "maga"
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by richeyy(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
And so I'll be connecting London on Sunday 23/Sept via Doha grin grin . @Donxavier: how did you connect Aberdeen/what's the best way to connect Aberdeen? Flight or train? And what's the fare like?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
richeyy: And so I'll be connecting London on Sunday 23/Sept via Doha grin grin . @Donxavier: how did you connect Aberdeen/what's the best way to connect Aberdeen? Flight or train? And what's the fare like?

It depends on you and your pocket. I flew straight to heathrow from Lagos and then flew from Gatwick to dyce airport in aberdeen. If you book early and go thru easy jet or flybe, then flying to aberdeen is definitely better. Saves you stress of like 7hours by train. It's all up to you. The mad rush for accommodation is crazy and I haven't gotten yet. I'm still squating with a friend. I hope you have someone you can stay with or else it could be hell the first few days and Yes it's crazily cold so just prepare.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by FutureDon(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
penfold: @futuredon, dharkchild and my Sheffield peeps,
Am already in london....should be in sheffield over the weekend to sort out accomodation, How do we hook up, where are you guys staying now and how did u secure the place?
Cheers

I'm good bro. I'm pretty sure you won't have any difficulties getting an accommodation. It's everywhere once there is ££. Hit me up as soon as you get here. Cheers mate grin
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by richeyy(m): 12:06am On Sep 21, 2012
Donxavier:

It depends on you and your pocket. I flew straight to heathrow from Lagos and then flew from Gatwick to dyce airport in aberdeen. If you book early and go thru easy jet or flybe, then flying to aberdeen is definitely better. Saves you stress of like 7hours by train. It's all up to you. The mad rush for accommodation is crazy and I haven't gotten yet. I'm still squating with a friend. I hope you have someone you can stay with or else it could be hell the first few days and Yes it's crazily cold so just prepare.

Thanks Brov! The way you emphasised the "crazily cold" is making me scared ooo grin grin , anywzs I've got 2 thick winter jackets & I'll be getting a thick soled boot today. As per accommodation, I intend squatting with a guy 4 a few days though he hasn't responded to my emails, Lols. And if d squatting doesn't work, I'll prolly do a b&b, I hear its around £35/night. I'm also considering connecting Aberdeen wt d train as it wil giv me an opportunity to see a greater part of london & d nearby cities grin

What kind of apartment are you looking for? Single, double or shared?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by deevuu(m): 5:38am On Sep 21, 2012
Im in London now grin Thank God...i used ethopian airlines..nice airline tho...tho i spent like four hours in addis ababa shocked...buh i had no issues with my baggage...and i ate thrice on the plane grin grin...nywayz @ heathrow...twas jus a breeze..dint spend more than 10mins to get cleared...God be praised...so is der anybody here who is in London..Middlesex Uni precisely..im looking for accomodation ooo, tho im in one hostel now..London backpackers...buh i really need a place of my own ASAP...
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by CharlesE1: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2012
A friend of mine going to Coventry uni just landed there two days ago. He has finally gotten an accommodation. His accommodation is in an apartment of six en-suite rooms. He got one en-suite room at 425 pounds monthly (all bills inclusive). The other five rooms are also occupied by five Nigerian freshers (one per room). He is already having so much fun and has stocked his fridge to MAX and even planning more shopping on SAT.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2012
Charles. E:
A friend of mine going to Coventry uni just landed there two days ago. He has finally gotten an accommodation. His accommodation is in an apartment of six en-suite rooms. He got one en-suite room at 425 pounds monthly (all bills inclusive). The other five rooms are also occupied by five Nigerian freshers (one per room). He is already having so much fun and has stocked his fridge to MAX and even planning more shopping on SAT.

Your friend is loaded else he need to adjust quick or start looking for a job.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
richeyy:

Thanks Brov! The way you emphasised the "crazily cold" is making me scared ooo grin grin , anywzs I've got 2 thick winter jackets & I'll be getting a thick soled boot today. As per accommodation, I intend squatting with a guy 4 a few days though he hasn't responded to my emails, Lols. And if d squatting doesn't work, I'll prolly do a b&b, I hear its around £35/night. I'm also considering connecting Aberdeen wt d train as it wil giv me an opportunity to see a greater part of london & d nearby cities grin

What kind of apartment are you looking for? Single, double or shared?

Yeah £35 per night, that's a lot though. Anyway be on ground and start your search. I will move into the University accommodation next week. I thank my God, i got a great deal after many hussles. it's £3540 for 40 weeks and that's about the cheapest. All bills inclusive. That's like £354 per month all bills. Private accommodation is definitely more expensive and there are a lot issues with that also. it's really tough getting accommodation, there are loads of students here all struggling for the little available accommodation available. Aberdeen is a very small place.

Well if you like the train whhy not? it's cheaper and you get to view as you said. i prefer flying though and I prefer going direct anywhere unless there is no direct flight to the place. So it's different strokes for different folks.

cheers
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
Donxavier:

Yeah £35 per night, that's a lot though. Anyway be on ground and start your search. I will move into the University accommodation next week. I thank my God, i got a great deal after many hussles. it's £3540 for 40 weeks and that's about the cheapest. All bills inclusive. That's like £354 per month all bills. Private accommodation is definitely more expensive and there are a lot issues with that also. it's really tough getting accommodation, there are loads of students here all struggling for the little available accommodation available. Aberdeen is a very small place.

Well if you like the train whhy not? it's cheaper and you get to view as you said. i prefer flying though and I prefer going direct anywhere unless there is no direct flight to the place. So it's different strokes for different folks.

cheers

I bet my last dollar that private accommodation is far cheaper then school accommodation. Uni accommodation is good cos of its social atmosphere, that is just it.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

I bet my last dollar that private accommodation is far cheaper then school accommodation. Uni accommodation is good cos of its social atmosphere, that is just it.

Not so for aberdeen, cant speak about anywhere else. Let's go thru the numbers.

If it's city center and environs,(there is no point considering the shires and outside aberdeen cos it doesnt make sense since we are here to study)

Minimum price

1 bedroom flat starts from £400 and above
2 bedroom flat starts from £650 and above
3 bedroom flat starts from £1100 and above

All these exclude bills and could either be furnished or unfurnished depending on the property and on the area. Aberdeen is pretty expensive.

I agree it's cheaper in Aberdeenshire and outside Aberdeen but then they are miles away from the campus it's not advisable for anyone coming to focus and study to travel miles daily to campus just cos of low rent.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
Donxavier:

Not so for aberdeen, cant speak about anywhere else. Let's go thru the numbers.

If it's city center and environs,(there is no point considering the shires and outside aberdeen cos it doesnt make sense since we are here to study)

Minimum price

1 bedroom flat starts from £400 and above
2 bedroom flat starts from £650 and above
3 bedroom flat starts from £1100 and above

All these exclude bills and could either be furnished or unfurnished depending on the property and on the area. Aberdeen is pretty expensive.

I agree it's cheaper in Aberdeenshire and outside Aberdeen but then they are miles away from the campus it's not advisable for anyone coming to focus and study to travel miles daily to campus just cos of low rent.

You are looking at the wrong thing, what do you need a flat for as a single student? Will the university give you a flat? You are renting a single room in a shared flat, ask your student union they will tell you that private accommodation is always cheaper, school accommodation is good cos they are always within the uni or walking distance, many private accommodations are just 3mins away from uni.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

You are looking at the wrong thing, what do you need a flat for as a single student? Will the university give you a flat? You are renting a single room in a shared flat, ask your student union they will tell you that private accommodation is always cheaper, school accommodation is good cos they are always within the uni or walking distance, many private accommodations are just 3mins away from uni.

I don't understand. Are you saying I can rent a single room outside? i don't get .... what type of private accommodation are you talking about?
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
Donxavier:

I don't understand. Are you saying I can rent a single room outside? i don't get .... what type of private accommodation are you talking about?

Yes you can rent a single room in a block of flat, they advertise single bedroom (room that can only take a single sized bed)

Or double bedroom (room that can take double sized bed) or a studio( bigger room that contains all the facilities and you don't share with anybody)

Website like Gumtree will give you an idea http://www.gumtree.com/flatshare-offered/aberdeen

You have to view the room before paying.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

Yes you can rent a single room in a block of flat, they advertise single bedroom (room that can only take a single sized bed)

Or double bedroom (room that can take double sized bed) or a studio( bigger room that contains all the facilities and you don't share with anybody)

Website like Gumtree will give you an idea http://www.gumtree.com/flatshare-offered/aberdeen

You have to view the room before paying.

Well, that might be cheaper then. Didn't consider that. But Gumtree is a hotbed for scammers and one needs to be careful. Anyway if 2 people could team up and take a 2 bed flat that is better. That was what I was planning until I got the uni accommodation.

Then one has to be wary of Gumtree, but I get your point.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by justwise(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Donxavier:

Well, that might be cheaper then. Didn't consider that. But Gumtree is a hotbed for scammers and one needs to be careful. Anyway if 2 people could team up and take a 2 bed flat that is better. That was what I was planning until I got the uni accommodation.

Then one has to be wary of Gumtree, but I get your point.

Gumtree is like any other website, don't trust anything you see online until you check it out personally. I have used Gumtree a lot times and get what i want, when a deal sounds too good to be true then its possible is.
Re: Those Going To The Uk For Studies Sept.2012/2013 Session by albertseun(m): 7:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
Got ma visa today aswell...am so grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Motor Accident Along Lokoja-Abuja Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Corps Member Dies In Motor Accident On POP Day / Ikot Oku Flyover, Abak, Akwa Ibom In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.