Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? (32036 Views)

Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by warrior01: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
bebe4u: @TWY thank you for your advice. I am not hung up on money. the basic things/ comforts / luxury i can provide for myself. i only used the salon money to typify a situation of his perceptible lack of giving. While we were friends yes, it wasnt a bother to me, we have moved to a different phase he should see some of my needs as his. its the thoughts behind that im bothered about.not necessary the amount he has to offer. It's long term situation of taking care of myself , my kids and home all by myself while he sees nothing wrong in championing that just because i can afford it that im concern about.
I' ve been following this your story. Op, you want him to 'see some of your needs as his' but in all sincerity, have you ever seen some of his own needs as yours? This guy needs a rented apartment that is supposed to accomodate you two if eventually you make it together but you're really not concerned about that. You want him to love and provide for you but have you ever shown him love and care? He was your friend for 3 years; still living with his parents and you never bothered asking him what could be the cause or reasons behind it. The fact is you don't really care about this man and it is obvious he is your last option as societal pressure is mounting on you to be married. Next time, if you want someone to show you love and care; then, be ready to practise what you preach

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by fstranger9: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
bebe4u: @TWY thank you for your advice. I am not hung up on money. the basic things/ comforts / luxury i can provide for myself.

You are a lying biatch lying through her lying little Oil and gas teeth. The thread was all about how he doesnt see it fit to give you money for wash and set. The thread started off with him working in a bank because you wanted us to know he has money, no? Then you said you are doing better than him financially. What is that supposed to mean? Keep lying to yourself. You know what's worse than clueless? Clueless and oblivious. Anyway, the good thing is: The most successful marriages are based on lies. You are well on your way.

i only used the salon money to typify a situation of his perceptible lack of giving.

There's an evolutionary imperative why we give money to our family and friends. And there's an evolutionary imperative why we don't give a crap about anybody else. If he gave every woman that comes into his life 'salon money' indiscriminately, he couldn't function.

While we were friends yes, it wasnt a bother to me, we have moved to a different phase he should see some of my needs as his. its the thoughts behind that im bothered about.not necessary the amount he has to offer. It's long term situation of taking care of myself , my kids and home all by myself while he sees nothing wrong in championing that just because i can afford it that im concern about.

So this is the only guy in your life, at the ripe age of 30, the big 3-0, and you are acting like there is a mile long of men waiting to kiss your golden feet? smh!

PS: That said, I sense a deep psychological issue here; the feeling of wanting to be taken care of. Two things; Either your father was AWOL while you were growing up and you never had a man in your life to make your little, tiny, unlovable self feel loved or you envy your more beautiful friends who get treated like queens and you wish you could be treated like them.

The first situation: I am sorry I cant help you. The damage is done, you need to see a shrink. It is not the banker's job to heal your psychological trauma

The Second situation: Well, like the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.' It is time to grow up and face reality. You will be 31 next year, not 29.

5 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by kandiikane(m): 3:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
^what point are you trying to make.

You beat about the bush and still ended up not leaving your point.

4 Likes

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by fstranger9: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
^^^

I didnt expect you to get the point. My posts arent for dolts like you. Maybe after you graduate from college you just might be able to understand some of what I write. That said, lets talk about your p/u/s/s/y. . . thats something you should be able to wrap your head around. grin
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by kandiikane(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
^nawa for you!

Carry go with your nasty self.

*walks off*

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by aribisala0(m): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
I heard some women like it nasty
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by kandiikane(m): 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
They banned you? Good for you.
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by ACM10: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
fstranger9:

You are a lying biatch lying through her lying little Oil and gas teeth. The thread was all about how he doesnt see it fit to give you money for wash and set. The thread started off with him working in a bank because you wanted us to know he has money, no? Then you said you are doing better than him financially. What is that supposed to mean? Keep lying to yourself. You know what's worse than clueless? Clueless and oblivious. Anyway, the good thing is: The most successful marriages are based on lies. You are well on your way.

There's an evolutionary imperative why we give money to our family and friends. And there's an evolutionary imperative why we don't give a crap about anybody else. If he gave every woman that comes into his life 'salon money' indiscriminately, he couldn't function.

So this is the only guy in your life, at the ripe age of 30, the big 3-0, and you are acting like there is a mile long of men waiting to kiss your golden feet? smh!

PS: That said, I sense a deep psychological issue here; the feeling of wanting to be taken care of. Two things; Either your father was AWOL while you were growing up and you never had a man in your life to make your little, tiny, unlovable self feel loved or you envy your more beautiful friends who get treated like queens and you wish you could be treated like them.

The first situation: I am sorry I cant help you. The damage is done, you need to see a shrink. It is not the banker's job to heal your psychological trauma

The Second situation: Well, like the philosopher Jagger once said, 'You can't always get what you want.' It is time to grow up and face reality. You will be 31 next year, not 29.

Fstranger u too much joor
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by amaechijay: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2012
@ dayokanu... so it is now the place of a woman to take a man's bills. U want to turn the Bible and tradition upside down. I can imagine the kind of man u are.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ Poster,

Unfortunately, the cards are not really stacked in your favor. You can choose to dump your fiance for a minute thing as 'hair salon' money but what makes you think the man that fits your "dreams" would want you when there are younger and more attractive options?

If you discard the 35 year old banker you have now, what would you do to attract better options? Prayer? Fasting? You are at the (st)age now where the quality of men you attract will generally follow an inverse proportion. There are exceptions obviously but this is generally true.

Despite that, don't marry a man you do not love or are sexually attracted to. Marriage is too important to enter into without love for your spouse. Its not worth it
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
amaechijay: @ dayokanu... so it is now the place of a woman to take a man's bills. U want to turn the Bible and tradition upside down. I can imagine the kind of man u are.

The tradition also allows women to be kicked out of the house without anything, The tradition allows the man to beat you anyhow, The tradition also allows the man to marry multiple wives, the tradition .. So Can we just stick to our tradition to the letter?

Deal or No deal?
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by cikadile: 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: what was the reason behind your breakup?
Page 5
This is a thread on this forum and I posted mine there....please, do read
It relates to this topic......and may help the OP
(Can someone copy my two long posts and paste here? I cannot do copy and paste from my device...technological ignoramus is me)
Thanks
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by peterpiper: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
Bebe4u....Hmmmmm a man needs to be responsible for some things even without telling him,i want you to have a rethink of this and no matter what still keep your humility....in other words since you dont love him and you are not sexually attracted to him,please drop the relationship except you are in fear of the age you are.....i mean the fear of OMG i am thirty (you know all those rushy thoughts,my mate,my this,my that etc). Stay focus in your in whatever you do and God will not let your man who will care and take you for who you are pass you by.
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by Youngpo413: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
coogar:

leave him alone, you don't deserve him.....
go and find aristos who would light up your life with irrelevances and frivolities....that's what you deserve. it's now clear why there are many chics of your age group single and lonely. Jesus would bring the salon session money providers to you guys soon.....before rapture!

arrant nonsense!

i am glad you have seen this......you often wonder why naija men treat their women like crap - this is another evidence! she works, makes good income and yet she still expects the man to buy maxipads and her tylenol. if the man demands the services required from a full housewife, she would flip the script and claim she's a working class woman! what are the odds that this babe is an "ijebu" woman like you soon to join the association of goat investors? lol!
lol
Re: Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him? by amaechijay: 9:11am On Jun 15, 2015
The tradition also allows women to be kicked out of the house without anything, The tradition allows the man to beat you anyhow, The tradition also allows the man to marry multiple wives, the tradition .. So Can we just stick to our tradition to the letter?

Deal or No deal?

What about sticking to the Bible...

Deal or No Deal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

She Didn't Know She Was Pregnant Until She Saw The Baby's Head / Shocking Picture Of A Child Half Buried Into The Ground / Spanish Woman Fakes Her Own Kidnap, Uses Ransom Money From Husband To Play Bingo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.