Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test (18667 Views)

Vic Lawrence And Associates Recruitment Test / Ndic Recruitment Test! / Nigerian Bottling Company Recruitment Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by rodeo0070(m): 6:22am On Aug 11, 2012
The Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr. Andrew Yakubu, on Friday, explained that the rigorous process involved in the organisation’s recruitment exercise made it difficult for his daughter to get the job.

Yakubu said this during the induction of new members of staff at the corporation’s Abuja headquarters.

He said of the 296, 376 candidates that applied for jobs in the NNPC in 2010, only 595 candidates were successful.

He added that the insistence on merit and transparency by the management of the corporation made the process to be rigorous.

Of the 296,376 applications received, Yakubu noted that 44,239 candidates were shortlisted for aptitude test.

He said, “The 2010 recruitment exercise which ultimately led to today’s induction ceremony stands as one of the most painstaking and transparent recruitment ever conducted in the history of the corporation.

May I also add on a personal ground that my daughter was among the 296,000 candidates and she was not employed.”

The GMD pointed out that the successful candidates would be trained to drive the corporation to enable it to compete anywhere in the world.

He said, “I wish to, at this critical time, welcome you on board, especially as it is a time when NNPC is pursuing an aggressive growth plan in line with Mr. President’s transformation agenda.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-daughter-failed-recruitment-test-nnpc-gmd/
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by kunlekunle: 6:27am On Aug 11, 2012
she did not need the job

9 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Acidosis(m): 6:35am On Aug 11, 2012
kunlekunle: she did not need the job

NIGERIANS! !

Can anyone ever satisfy thee? ? ?

What made her apply for the job if she doesn't need it? ?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Maxymilliano(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2012
Ok she failed the recruitment test in 2010 but is she still jobless now?

4 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by ganye1: 8:11am On Aug 11, 2012
kunlekunle: she did not need the job
Thats exactly my taught.

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by kokoA(m): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2012
Mr.GMD she failed simply because you were not the GMD then.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Super1759: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2012
I was watching tv when he said it. Everyone started laughing. 3 statements I asked were:
1) Is she jobless like any other youth or had left the country for greener pastures?
2) It was intentional to avoid NIGERIAN's bad mouth but she will have her way to other offices like cbn.
3)Its either he is a mean father or the daughter is so daft that he dosent want her to disgrace him

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by idupaul: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2012
Wash:::: the same girl has since gone abroad to do a masters and is currently working with the PPMC....So he should keep quiet

3 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by edoyad(m): 8:43am On Aug 11, 2012
I trust Nigerians to give their own interpretations and reasons. One of them is even saying she is so very "daft". Okay let's play a game, what if he had said she was successful, what would your reactions then be?
Not everyone must work for NNPC. She might not get the job but later go on to become something great some where else: a fashion designer, restaurant owner or great stay at home mother wink

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2012
She doesn't need to write the Test in the first place.

What happen to automatic job offer we know in Nigeria?

Can you boldly tell Nigerians that she is still jobless till now?

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by godello: 9:09am On Aug 11, 2012
Na wash !!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 11, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: She doesn't need to write the Test in the first place.

What happen to automatic job offer we know in Nigeria?

Can you boldly tell Nigerians that she is still jobless till now?

No its not allowed, father and daughter cant be in the same Parastatal( oil firm) as staff except she changes her identity, the man is just using ur head, definitely,she will be in Total, Mobile or Shell trust me

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Frank3n2(m): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2012
She did not play her card well..
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by olumide77: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2012
godello: Na wash !!
Original washing with okin soap.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by olumide77: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2012
godello: Na wash !!
Original wash with okin soap.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by mkpologwu(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2012
Serial!!!
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by mkpologwu(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2012
Serialized!!!
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Claumy2(m): 10:49am On Aug 11, 2012
The truth is that the man doesn't want her daughter to work in the organisation.
Otherwise, the girl would NEVER EVER come close to the examination ground.
Another issue please!
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by yuzedo: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2012
Where are those Kobojunkie smiley's when you need them?? I need that "Laughing Rock" jare. . grin
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by pembisco(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2012
Mtcheww!...so dt nigerians wl say hes nt currupt! Abeg pak wel jor!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by andyzoga: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2012
Super1759: I was watching tv when he said it. Everyone started laughing. 3 statements I asked were:
1) Is she jobless like any other youth or had left the country for greener pastures?
2) It was intentional to avoid NIGERIAN's bad mouth but she will have her way to other offices like cbn.
3)Its either he is a mean father or the daughter is so daft that he dosent want her to disgrace him
May I ask wat u'll do if u were in d GMD's shoes? Dis would give us insight to wat d future of dis country holds with pple like u in govt offices.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Mcdondayan: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2012
ok we have heard. Next pls...
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by andyzoga: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2012
idupaul: Wash:::: the same girl has since gone abroad to do a masters and is currently working with the PPMC....So he should keep quiet
only God knows when some Nigerians will start thinking straight without sentiments n bitterness. Guess d major source of d problem is poverty in d land.

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by jhydebaba(m): 11:01am On Aug 11, 2012
Almost 300000 applications for just about 600 posts!!!
9ja: Unemployment and Underemployment. *SMH
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by aieromon(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2012
Is she presently jobless,Mr GMD?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Ortis: 11:03am On Aug 11, 2012
9ja peepz cant sieze acting drama in evry sector..,...she must hav been so lazy dat she changed her mind towards dat job and decieded 2 tak a vacation 2 hawaii....monkeys
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by eboeboy: 11:04am On Aug 11, 2012
ganye1:
Thats exactly my taught.

No wonder u no pass test. No be only taught, u for add taughted!

6 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by fuke(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2012
No I disagree with most posters.

There are still Nigerians who do not bend the rules.

I have a deputy VC uncle whose second son wrote JAMB thrice
before he got admitted to course of choice.

When I asked him to help a son who didn't meet the cut off point, he refused
and gave him money and asked him to buckle up and rewrite his JAMB.

My son did just that and today he is a chartered Accountant.

Yes, some Nigerians are still straight.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by bodejohn(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2012
I think I understand Nigerians' pessimisms, it will be difficult for a man with palm oil all over his mouth, clothes and hands to convince others he's been fasting.

1 Like

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by seedord247(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2012
As dem nor employ am . . . She will still be collecting her normal salary via hin papa. grin
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by pyyxxaro: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2012
Yakubu !! its too early 2start lying.... shocked tongue embarassed....NNPC has many subsidiaries undecided oddoko
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by phemi01(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2012
WASHING & SETTING!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One / Technical Function Specific Assessment Test [dragnet]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.