Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test (18674 Views)

Vic Lawrence And Associates Recruitment Test / Ndic Recruitment Test! / Nigerian Bottling Company Recruitment Test (2) (3) (4)

Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Goodfield(m): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2012
I think the question is how come people never knew about the vacancy and why should he allowed his daughter to come over? But the fact that his daughter was shortlisted betrayed his integrity. Please,parents on nairaland,who have no connection or surname that can open the door of employment for their children should please prepare them for the future by combining vocational education with their academic education right from high school.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by mahel: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
ISwear she nor nid d job!!
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by boyendowed(m): 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
aieromon: Is she presently jobless,Mr GMD?

...and what if she has a job now?Is that a crime?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by LeJeun3: 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
Lets him be honest!
He was not GMD then, not that he could have done anything to change it, since the rule says no father-daughter job thing (if you get my drift). However, like we have since concluded, she most assuredly has gotten a substantial alternative unlike
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Monjerk: 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2012
Look Mr Yakubu or GMD or what ever u call urself, don't ever think Nigerians are fools so next time u want 2 lie 2 us u better go n ask ur grand mum hw 2 lie, ok. U av just showed us that u r a liar.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Laposky: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2012
So fucking wat..which one be our own na.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by tellwisdom: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2012
She is not working with NNPC but earning morethan the workers undecided undecided
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by elroofey(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2012
rodeo0070:

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-daughter-failed-recruitment-test-nnpc-gmd/
we have heard enough of politicking lets face reality.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2012
I believe that it is true because when applications are submitted, there is no requirement for you to state whether or not you have any relations working in the organisation.

It is only when the pool has been sieved to those qualified for employment based on performance that they would be required to declare any potential conflict of interest.

I know of a case of two brothers who were successful in a mass recruitment such as this from application to first and second tests then assessment centres. They were both successful. However, the HR department called them on phone to confirm if they were related. Once this was established, only one of them was given an employment offer.

Later after joining, he discovered that this was standard practice as it is easier to find out who is related to who from a pool of say 500 rather than 200,000
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by andyanders: 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
Long story That was a game plan for you to make us see you as a clean man. The amount of money you guys have stolen is enough for your children's children not to work for the rest of their lives.

You can only tell this story to the Nigerians with undeveloped iq.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2012
andyanders: Long story That was a game plan for you to make us see you as a clean man. The amount of money you guys have stolen is enough for your children's children not to work for the rest of their lives.

You can only tell this story to the Nigerians with undeveloped iq.

Why do NIgerians feel that every one in government or government related agencies is stealing money?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by jpphilips(m): 6:31am On Aug 12, 2012
Acidosis:

NIGERIANS! !

Can anyone ever satisfy thee? ? ?

What made her apply for the job if she doesn't need it? ?

guy don't be fooled, NNPC has 60% stake in other IOC's doing way better than NNPC,
why should she settle for an NNPC JOB that pays 180k a month when her father's recommendation can get her a TOTAL job that pays 12m annually?

Next tori joor
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by jpphilips(m): 6:45am On Aug 12, 2012
fuke: No I disagree with most posters.

There are still Nigerians who do not bend the rules.

I have a deputy VC uncle whose second son wrote JAMB thrice
before he got admitted to course of choice.

When I asked him to help a son who didn't meet the cut off point, he refused
and gave him money and asked him to buckle up and rewrite his JAMB.

My son did just that and today he is a chartered Accountant.

Yes, some Nigerians are still straight.

if they said a VC or someone in the educational sector i may believe by 20%.
But NNPC? The seat of corruption in Nigeria? Guy the straight ones in NNPC dont make it to the GMD position, they have either been framed and dismissed or murdered.

It takes a very dirty and 'okombo' tight person to make the GMD position in NNPC. Dont be fooled.

Believe me, that girl is at home collecting NNPC salary, not until the next NNPC ghost worker scandal.

Going by the law, is she supposed to apply in the first place?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by jpphilips(m): 7:13am On Aug 12, 2012
mejai: Hey, uncle u can lie o!

no mind the poropo, the GMD position he didnt get by merit, now he wants us to believe he works by merit.

We know the man that is qualified to be GMD except that you lobbied the presidency wearing ur northern cap.

Why is the GMD position always for the North? And why has MEND been quiet since?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Moralistli(m): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2012

But NNPC? The seat of corruption in Nigeria? Guy the straight ones in NNPC dont make it to the GMD position, they have either been framed and dismissed or murdered.

It takes a very dirty and 'okombo' tight person to make the GMD position in NNPC. Dont be fooled.

Believe me, that girl is at home collecting NNPC salary, not until the next NNPC ghost worker scandal.

Yea, because only corrupt people easily make it in a corrupt society..... As you have rightly said, why would the image maker GMD allow his daughter to take d aptitude test in the first place since it is against the rule for both of them to work in that organisation.
was he planning to resign after his daughter's appointment?
This man should be called on to explain his plan then............
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Sunnystooth(m): 8:03am On Aug 12, 2012
naturalwaves:
Hi
... 4 ur small mind now, u dey work 4 NNPC now... Congrat sha, if na true u dey talk, i fit giv u my account number? Lolz
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by anitank(f): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2012
I DON'T THINK SHE DIDN'T GET THE JOB because SHE FAILED THE TEST BUT because TWO PEOPLE FROM THE SAME FAMILY CAN'T WORK IN AN OIL COMPANY AND MANY OTHER COMPANIES IN NIGERIA
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by ikeyman00(m): 10:23am On Aug 12, 2012
@@@@

what job

last time like 3 yrs ago i met someone in their head office at abuja, i was told all u need is to come in to sign on and sleep off

easy job ehh
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by bamac(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2012
eboe boy:

No wonder u no pass test. No be only taught, u for add taughted!
LOL
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by unikazzy(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
kokoA: Mr.GMD she failed simply because you were not the GMD then.
but he was a top official who can use his position to manipulate his way....get that into ur head
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Ninapha(f): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
doggskull: b][/b][b][/b]

U must b very old. What r u doing on NL? It is ur generation that spoilt dis country for us angry

u must be a gutter pikin. Dat u are still in school at ur 30+ years does not mean some 22 years old are not already qualified chartered accountants. Briliiant children graduate at 19 and 20 years unlike jamb customers like u.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by DukeNija(m): 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
Why do we keep decieving ourselves in Nigeria. His daughter is obviously working with some multinational somewhere in Europe and decided to write the test if at all she did, just for the sake of this statement. NNPC boss' daughter will sit in a hall to write NNPC recruitment test in Nigeria. I Laff in Swahili.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Awarin(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sum pple r straight in ds country sha. Mr GMD, if truely u r saying d truth. I Admire u...
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by naturalwaves: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
Sunnystooth: ... 4 ur small mind now, u dey work 4 NNPC now... Congrat sha, if na true u dey talk, i fit giv u my account number? Lolz
Just pulling ur legs with faith.I should work there someday God willing.If it were for real,u wouldn't even allow me collect my first salary before giving me ur account no.lol.smart guy! I think U are supposed to av my acct number not d other way round.lmao.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by fuke(m): 10:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
jp philips:

You may be right.

But that does not mean there are no straight guys
in Nigeria even in NNPC.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by fuke(m): 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
doggskull: b][/b][b][/b]

U must b very old. What r u doing on NL? It is ur generation that spoilt dis country for us angry

Yes, I am old. Intelligent discussion has nothing to do with age.

The internet is for all. If people of my age in your clan are not
internet literate, it is not my fault

Graduates of your generation do not know the difference between the
past tense of teach and think.

In your generation, we have Bankole, we have Lawan, we have Otedola,
we have Iyabo Obasanjo, we have Ibori, we have Fayose and all the Yahoo Yahoo boys.

You are worse than the earlier generation.

What of the legion of you defending the indefensible for pecuniary interest.

You want to reap where you didn't plant.

In our days you would enter UK without a Visa, your generation stopped that.

People like you [i]"Sako igo ti o loti ninu"[/i

Empty beer bottle. Worthless
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by fuke(m): 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
jp philips:

I want to be educated.

I know banks do not allow a couple in the same set up.

Is there a law that says father and daughter can not work in the same parastatal?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Navalsadiq(m): 5:03am On Aug 13, 2012
Mr GMD u fink u can fool the masses.we all know the tradition in nnpc.the nnpc is supose to be the bigest employer of labour but they restrict these oportunities to their sons and doughters.the idea of your doughter failing the test is what i describe as a fat lie.so please if you are trying to win the heart of the umemployed, please come up with sumfin else.
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by TalkingBird: 10:50am On Aug 13, 2012
hum!
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 13, 2012
I just realised that a lot of people just post opinions but never read comments on the topic.

I made a point that whilst many organisations prohibit the recruitment of direct relatives, the exclusion usually takes place after the recruitment tests have been taken and the number of applicants trimmed down to a manageable size.

If you notice, when applications are made you are not required to state if you have any direct relatives until you reach further stages such as the assessment centre where you would be required to state any potential conflict of interest.

Perhaps we can ask some of those who were successful in the tests to state if they were asked to state relationships with employees?
Re: NNPC-GMD: My Daughter Failed Recruitment Test by jpphilips(m): 4:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
fuke:

You may be right.

But that does not mean there are no straight guys
in Nigeria even in NNPC.

Read my lips, all the straight guys in NNPC at the managerial level are either dead,retired or dismissed. you have no idea what is going on there

I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / How To Write The Perfect CV For Someone With No Work Experience (Part 2) / Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One