Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,276 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos (21260 Views)

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver / Deadly Punch Lands NURTW Ticketing Official In Morgue - Tribune / Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by maclatunji: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2012
Jakumo: A good lawyer will establish that the motorist ran over that individual either out of fear that the road-block had been set up by robbers, as a result of mechanical failure in the speeding vehicle's brakes and or steering, or due to instinctual evasive driving caused by the sudden appearance of an unexpected road-block erected at an unsafe location.

Future Nigerian President Fashola must, in his capacity as Lagos State governor, emulate other industrialized nations of the Western world by assigning all traffic law enforcement duties to municipal officers whose duties are limited to the issuance of traffic citations payable in the court of jurisdiction applicable to the location where the offence was alleged to have occurred.

Every legally registered vehicle that plies Nigerian roads is owned by an individual or corporation of KNOWN identity and street address. Within all cities, parking violation notice tickets can be taped to the front windows of short-term parking offenders, while the tow-truck removal of abandoned vehicles should be a matter of routine, in the interests of public safety. Nigeria is a tense enough country as it is without Lagos motorists having to also contend with the possibility being targeted for extortion and vehicle impoundment over often imaginary offences.

What should NOT occur, in any metropolis that hopes to retain civil order on the streets, is for groups of hungry-looking “officials” to loiter in ambush for motorists in the exact same way as do car-jacking bandits, poised to wrestle doors open and leap un-invited into the cars of unsuspecting road-users who then face an array of equally unpleasant options ranging from being forced to head towards “the office” for vehicle impound, to laboriously negotiating bribes demanded for leniency, to getting in fist-fights and trying to kick the uninvited hitchhikers out the car door so as to flee the scene.

Governor Fashola, PLEASE disband that gang of extortionists and road-side banditos, known in Lagos Nigeria as LASTMA, (which stands for : Lay Ambush, Stalk, Trap, Manhandle and Aggravate). Remove those disruptive LASTMA chimpanzees from the streets of Lagos, and re-engage them as municipal sewage disposal engineers for the city, since their services would be better appreciated there by all who have ever encountered them. Reckless driving pursuits are the job of the POLICE. All other traffic offenses must be handled in a way that does not violate the right of citizens to freedom of movement and due process of law for those accused of traffic offences.

I see a big legal battle, let justice be done to all parties involved!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by BabaO2: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2012
baslone:

Only if you have experienced the lastma torture.
must you disobey the law?

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by mkoabiola: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2012
Dear All, I am sure we have all heard the story going round about the Banker who allegedly killed a lastma official by knocking him down with her car.

Eye witnesses on the scene insist that the lastma official was infact knocked down by a danfo bus he was trying to accost AFTER he arrested the Banker for a traffic offence. In fact, her car was about being towed as can be seen from the picture on the lastma website. Lastma is trying to skew the story as murder and she is currently in detention.

Please note that I have seen her car and it doesn't have a single dent on it. Kindly spread the word and encourage eye witnesses to come forward and give statements at Panti.

She is a mother of 3 (including a 2mth old baby who is with her in detention). Please note that the incident with the Banker, Yinka Johnson and the Latsma Official happened yesterday 10/08/2012 at Ikota, Lekki Express Way. Please call 08037076890 if you have information. It could be anyone

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Gbabe2: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

Let nobody go against the law

very simple
I can't understand people.why can't we learn to obey the law for once?And now she don kill person.
Double wahala for her.
Na straight to Maximum Prison kirikiri
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by snowprince01(m): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2012
Let D̶̲̥̅̊ court decide....shikina
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Neoviper147: 10:17am On Aug 11, 2012
If you can't do the time, dont do the crime. sadIf you can't do the time, dont do the crime.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by ogasnow: 10:18am On Aug 11, 2012
Are we not forgetting that this whole issue started because the lady in question DROVE AGAINST TRAFFIC? Even in a jungle like Lagos, doing such is beastlike.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by jhydebaba(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2012
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by labbyboi(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2012
ebamma: i have now belief that saying that what a man can do a woman will do better,mrs yinka kirikiri prisons await you,the dead lastma is now controlling traffic in hell

All SENSELESS comments comes 4rm EBAMMA= True or False??

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by ajf(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2012
Jakumo: A good lawyer will establish that the motorist ran over that individual either out of fear that the road-block had been set up by robbers, as a result of mechanical failure in the speeding vehicle's brakes and or steering, or due to instinctual evasive driving caused by the sudden appearance of an unexpected road-block erected at an unsafe location.

Future Nigerian President Fashola must, in his capacity as Lagos State governor, emulate other industrialized nations of the Western world by assigning all traffic law enforcement duties to municipal officers whose duties are limited to the issuance of traffic citations payable in the court of jurisdiction applicable to the location where the offence was alleged to have occurred.

Every legally registered vehicle that plies Nigerian roads is owned by an individual or corporation of KNOWN identity and street address. Within all cities, parking violation notice tickets can be taped to the front windows of short-term parking offenders, while the tow-truck removal of abandoned vehicles should be a matter of routine, in the interests of public safety. Nigeria is a tense enough country as it is without Lagos motorists having to also contend with the possibility being targeted for extortion and vehicle impoundment over often imaginary offences.

What should NOT occur, in any metropolis that hopes to retain civil order on the streets, is for groups of hungry-looking “officials” to loiter in ambush for motorists in the exact same way as do car-jacking bandits, poised to wrestle doors open and leap un-invited into the cars of unsuspecting road-users who then face an array of equally unpleasant options ranging from being forced to head towards “the office” for vehicle impound, to laboriously negotiating bribes demanded for leniency, to getting in fist-fights and trying to kick the uninvited hitchhikers out the car door so as to flee the scene.

Governor Fashola, PLEASE disband that gang of extortionists and road-side banditos, known in Lagos Nigeria as LASTMA, (which stands for : Lay Ambush, Stalk, Trap, Manhandle and Aggravate). Remove those disruptive LASTMA chimpanzees from the streets of Lagos, and re-engage them as municipal sewage disposal engineers for the city, since their services would be better appreciated there by all who have ever encountered them. Reckless driving pursuits are the job of the POLICE. All other traffic offenses must be handled in a way that does not violate the right of citizens to freedom of movement and due process of law for those accused of traffic offences.
Sewage disposal engineers?? LMFAO!!!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by kingsilly(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2012
Legit1: I guess LASTMA officials are now an endangered specie undecided
guy u foolish
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by dudegem: 10:24am On Aug 11, 2012
Some of these so called LASTMA officers are rogues who forcefully open your car and jump in like robbers. that approach is very uncivilised and barbaric.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by kingsilly(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2012
labbyboi: .

All SENSELESS comments comes 4rm EBAMMA= True or False??
all senseless question cums 4rm labbyboi=TRUE OR FALSE??
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by justdream(m): 10:28am On Aug 11, 2012
Ehyah...i pity the lady cos her ordeal jes starts nw excpt ofcus she go "press buttons". She wasnt in a hurry 2get home buh drove recklessly wen the LASTMA pipo caught her drivin against traffic, nairalanders sef, some of una go read story finish, turn am upside dwn. Only if she went 2 represent naija in dis olympic(as Ben Johnson junior sis) she for win us medals instead of jail time 4 hersef. Pele Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo! Omo Johnson
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by mkpologwu(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2012
She was trying not to be late to wherever she was going to and ended up making a 'lastman' official late, especially where he wasn't ready to go!

I wished she hadn't killed him but seriously crippled him so he can live to learn lessons. Bunch of touts!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2012
mko abiola: Dear All, I am sure we have all heard the story going round about the Banker who allegedly killed a lastma official by knocking him down with her car.

Eye witnesses on the scene insist that the lastma official was infact knocked down by a danfo bus he was trying to accost AFTER he arrested the Banker for a traffic offence. In fact, her car was about being towed as can be seen from the picture on the lastma website. Lastma is trying to skew the story as murder and she is currently in detention.

Please note that I have seen her car and it doesn't have a single dent on it. Kindly spread the word and encourage eye witnesses to come forward and give statements at Panti.

She is a mother of 3 (including a 2mth old baby who is with her in detention). Please note that the incident with the Banker, Yinka Johnson and the Latsma Official happened yesterday 10/08/2012 at Ikota, Lekki Express Way. Please call 08037076890 if you have information. It could be anyone

So they are trying to frame an innocent woman..... jeez so angry now. Please any eye witness should help this woman out.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by cyril83(m): 10:32am On Aug 11, 2012
More death await lastma officers...what I feel is that the silly officer was tryin to stand on her way
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by dadicvila(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2012
ebamma: i have now belief that saying that what a man can do a woman will do better,mrs yinka kirikiri prisons await you,the dead lastma is now controlling traffic in hell
eba man i swear you be nutcase...lol

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by labbyboi(m): 10:33am On Aug 11, 2012

All SENSELESS posts comes 4rm Ebamma= True or False?

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by ukpaku: 10:36am On Aug 11, 2012
lasma u see motor de speed face u, u no run comot from road
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by pufectskin: 10:37am On Aug 11, 2012
U didn't just say u feel for a person who not only broke the law but murdered a fellow human being with a right to life and whose family have a right to be with him.
You are ridiculous and it is silly lopsided sentiments like this that make africa completely backward. Are you saying that there shouldn't be laws and that that because a person was running away from the law shldnt be punished. Out of fear indeed! Well, if she didn't break d law in d first place, she wouldnt b running out of fear. You don't even have a clue how horrific the laws are in societies where things actually work. These laws are nothing beside them. I was doing a reverse on a (took me just 5secs to do it) on a US highway in 2009, and I got slammed by a policeman with several charges and guess wat it went into my record for life so that when I get a new job, my new employer can go into d drivers database to bring out my driving history; he can decide not to employ me cos of dat. Laws are meant to protect citizens, but NO, we africans don't like dem, do we? Obviously u even support a lawless and murderous human being (a risk on any road anywhere in d world). The loonie dat u r.
Acidosis: . .feeling for this lady. . .the torture and everything shes about to go through.

while trying to escape General Fashola's law, she met a more severe and everlasting damage.

I sense more death of lastma officials cos "nobody wan go jail" Hope they learn from this, and to know the guy involved care less about his life by struggling with a pre-loaded suv. .I have little pity for him. Even our police men know this, they only stop a car from a distance.

Who knows, this lady might have come across the topic on nairaland suggesting one to zoom off, when ever you crush someone to death on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:37am On Aug 11, 2012
Hm! Story dat touches.
I dont know what made her to take a wrong way at 1st. It would be beta 2 face d LASTMA harrasment dan commiting manslaughter while trying 2 escape.
Ds s jst a piece dat tells abt d disadvantage of been impatient.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by profola2be(m): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2012
snowprince01: reckless driving should be for D̶̲̥̅̊ police, dats D̶̲̥̅̊ only nd best reply U̶̲̥̅̊ have given in respect τ̅☺ this dire situation. A woman acting in such manna manner should not only be penalized for her actions'§ , bt also stopped from ever driving again. She just killed a man with family. Lastman r human being'§, if U̶̲̥̅̊ violate D̶̲̥̅̊ law U̶̲̥̅̊ should b able τ̅☺ work tins out wit them or pay D̶̲̥̅̊ price, because she did nt only commit 2 crimes bt 3 or more in attempt τ̅☺ avoid 1...1.man slaughter 2 violation of traffic law 3 reckless driving 4 criminal intention 5.......... Fill D̶̲̥̅̊ space if U̶̲̥̅̊ know it

(5) prison door is opened for her.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Sike(m): 10:42am On Aug 11, 2012
Bad day for a Sharp Lady!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by sportfeva(m): 10:43am On Aug 11, 2012
Don't believe lastma side of story. She can't act so bad like urchins that way. We need her own say.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by scribble: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2012
a lot of these bankers are sadists...

all these corporate nigeria workers, they hate their jobs and take their road rage out on innocent motorists and pedestrians....

especially the bankers sha...then they will carry their small salary and be doing fashion parade in church on sunday
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by labbyboi(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2012
kingsilly:
all senseless question cums 4rm labbyboi=TRUE OR FALSE??

Kingsilly, ur name speaks 4 u already... Ride on wif ur foolishness
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Booty4me: 10:46am On Aug 11, 2012
If sex was to be included in d Olympic Game which country do u think would win Gold medal?
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by profola2be(m): 10:46am On Aug 11, 2012
gboss4sure: If she has a good lawyer she can go scot free

if you like,go and consult late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory, for her,i can bet it with you,the door of prison is widely opened before her!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by CuteTj(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2012
The law says Don't drive against traffic but many Nigerians do otherwise. Patience is important see what impatience has caused!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nimshi: 10:49am On Aug 11, 2012

Hmnnn. . . it's been said the late officer was killed by a danfo driver, not this lady . . .

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 11, 2012
Gosh.This is so pathetic. That's why it's gud 2 pray atimes before stepping out.Certain delay happen in life to prevent a ghastly mistake that could result into an unimaginable consequences.When we are not getting what we want in life as planned,it could just be a divine way to avert a disastrous consequence. This story however is now two.One says she commited manslaughter in an attempt to resist arrest.Another says danfo driver actualy commited the manslaughter.Which is true? May the victim RIP and to all road users. PATIENCE AND NO HURRY FOR LIFE O. A second patience can avert a decade trouble

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison / Pastor Rapes 11-year Old ‘witch’ While Conducting Deliverance / Police Officers Flog PHED officials for attempting to disconnect Boss light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.