Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos (21261 Views)

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver / Deadly Punch Lands NURTW Ticketing Official In Morgue - Tribune / Gunmen Kill Ex-CBN Official In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by deb(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2012
I GOT THIS BB BROADCAST. A TWIST FROM THIS STORY. PLEASE READ AND LET'S NOT JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS YET.

Dear All, I am sure we all heard the story going round about the Banker who allegedly killed a lastma official by knockin him down with her car. Eye witnesses on the scene insist that the lastma official was infact knocked down by a danfo bus he was tryin to accost AFTER he arrested the Banker for a traffic offence. In fact, her car was about bein towed as can be seen from the pic on the lastma website. Lastma is trying to skew the story as murder nd she is currently in detention. Pls note that I have seen her car and it doesn't hav a single dent on it. Kindly spread the word nd encourage eye witnesses to come forward nd give statements at Panti.She is a mother of 3(including a 2mth old baby who is with her in detention). Please note that the incident with Banker, Yinka Johnson nd Lasma Official happened yesterday 10/08/2012 at Ikota, Lekki Express Way. Please call 08037076890 if you have information.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by wasiudvd(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2012
Truely nigeria is a lawless nation.
Despite knowing the stiff penalty of an offence, pple still go ahead to commit it. If 3 years in jail can not stop us from driving against the traffic, are we saying death penalty will be better?
Sum1 here said its danfo that knock the lastma guy down. so dey decide to run after d fleeing woman and leave d danfo? It will be better if u can go and say it @ d trial.
And for dos suggesting gud lawyer, u pple can do it for her, since una knw hw d lawyer shld argue it.
Mtcheew!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2012
gidig: Guys! its good to get facts right. For some reason, LASTMA is using this news as PR for their new traffic law,when this is not what exactly happened.. She was arrested alright for driving in the wrong lane but it was a Danfo that knocked down and killed the LASTMA officer. Her vehicle does not even have a single dent. I have spoken to the person the person this morning. Newspaper houses like punch should be sued for carrying news report that is not verified.

Please help ask her why she took off after the incident

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by pufectskin: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2012
So she didn't remember she had kids when she decided to break d law? I am sure her kids would be very proud of her; knowing she is languishing in jail.
deb: I GOT THIS BB BROADCAST. A TWIST FROM THIS STORY. PLEASE READ AND LET'S NOT JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS YET.

Dear All, I am sure we all heard the story going round about the Banker who allegedly killed a lastma official by knockin him down with her car. Eye witnesses on the scene insist that the lastma official was infact knocked down by a danfo bus he was tryin to accost AFTER he arrested the Banker for a traffic offence. In fact, her car was about bein towed as can be seen from the pic on the lastma website. Lastma is trying to skew the story as murder nd she is currently in detention. Pls note that I have seen her car and it doesn't hav a single dent on it. Kindly spread the word nd encourage eye witnesses to come forward nd give statements at Panti.She is a mother of 3(including a 2mth old baby who is with her in detention). Please note that the incident with Banker, Yinka Johnson nd Lasma Official happened yesterday 10/08/2012 at Ikota, Lekki Express Way. Please call 08037076890 if you have information.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 10:59am On Aug 11, 2012
profola2be:

if you like,go and consult late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory, for her,i can bet it with you,the door of prison is widely opened before her!

are you sure?

What if I paint them thieves, rouges or touts trying to steal from me, or a brake failure, or I was trying to park my car by the road side . .

And I hope you've seen thieves in army uniforms, police uniforms etc. . It is a small case for a good lawyer. .

"u don see where person intimidate/ beat anoda person enta coma, and from coma. .e proceed enta prison!"

anything is possible with a good lawyer. .or why do you think your politicians steal your money and then smile overseas to spend it?
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2012
profola2be:

if you like,go and consult late Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory, for her,i can bet it with you,the door of prison is widely opened before her!

are you sure?

What if I paint them thieves, rouges or touts trying to steal from me, or a brake failure, ?

And I hope you've seen thieves in army uniforms, police uniforms etc. . It is a small case for a good lawyer. .

"u don see where person intimidate/ beat anoda person enta coma, and from coma. .e proceed enta prison!"

anything is possible with a good lawyer. .or why do you think your politicians steal your money and then smile overseas to spend it?
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 11:03am On Aug 11, 2012
deb: I GOT THIS BB BROADCAST. A TWIST FROM THIS STORY. PLEASE READ AND LET'S NOT JUMP INTO CONCLUSIONS YET.

Now Y'all can see bodly and clearly. . .

If care is not taken, That woman will eventually drag LASTMAN to Kirikiri.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Tingles(m): 11:04am On Aug 11, 2012
scribble: a lot of these bankers are sadists...

all these corporate nigeria workers, they hate their jobs and take their road rage out on innocent motorists and pedestrians....

especially the bankers sha...then they will carry their small salary and be doing fashion parade in church on sunday

Jealousy? I feel the same way too just because I am jobless.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by hardbody: 11:07am On Aug 11, 2012
LeJeun3: If you've ever experienced an ordeal wit LASTMA you know that she probably just did that in self defence!

Now, de r saying she drove against traffic. Soon, we'll hear another side of d story.

Exactly. Recently I had driven through the FRSC turn just before omole and a drunk mofuckker slowed me down and I asked why I took one way. When I started shouting at him, he said I should take it easy, and I drove off. You can then imagine the fear in that lady's mind. At most, she will be convicted for manslaughter with an option of fine. Many more LASTMEN will die. I had since promised myself that it is either their life or mine, but believe me, I'd rather crush 10 of those hoodlums than wait to be caught and all manners of allegation will be put on me. Recall that this will a case to be determined based on oral evidence and a good lawyer might still see a window opportunity to extricate her or at most pay the fine as may be prescribed by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 11:07am On Aug 11, 2012
wasiudvd: Truely nigeria is a lawless nation.
Despite knowing the stiff penalty of an offence, pple still go ahead to commit it. If 3 years in jail can not stop us from driving against the traffic, are we saying death penalty will be better?
Sum1 here said its danfo that knock the lastma guy down. so dey decide to run after d fleeing woman and leave d danfo? It will be better if u can go and say it @ d trial.
And for dos suggesting gud lawyer, u pple can do it for her, since una knw hw d lawyer shld argue it.
Mtcheew!

What a silly post!

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2012
Those Lastma officials will try to twist the story
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 11, 2012
Without mincing words, I feel no pity for the dead LASTMA official. Fashola and his goons are very i.d.i.o.t.i.c in putting the cart before the horse with their senseless traffic law. What exactly is "driving against traffic"? Where are the signs indicating one way roads? In sane societies, one-way roads are CLEARLY designated as such - with clear signs to indicate the status of roads. In such cases, no one can claim ignorance of the law. What do we have here in Lagos? Every driver is expected to have magical powers to know which road is one-way and which isn't. How many times have we seen these fools called LASTMA lurk around street corners where there are no road signs, only to jump out of nowhere to pounce on an innocent drivers in the name of having driven against traffic?

It is all ridiculous, and if Fashola does not have the sense and the will to put appropriate measures in place before implementing the traffic laws, then he is a total disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by hardbody: 11:10am On Aug 11, 2012
LeJeun3: If you've ever experienced an ordeal wit LASTMA you know that she probably just did that in self defence!

Now, de r saying she drove against traffic. Soon, we'll hear another side of d story.

Exactly. Recently I had driven through the FRSC turn just before omole and a drunk mofuckker slowed me down and I asked why I took one way. When I started shouting at him, he said I should take it easy, and I drove off. You can then imagine the fear in that lady's mind. At most, she will be convicted for manslaughter with an option of fine. Many more LASTMEN will die. I had since promised myself that it is either their life or mine, but believe me, I'd rather crush 10 of those hoodlums than wait to be caught and all manners of allegation will be put on me. Recall that this will a case to be determined based on oral evidence and a good lawyer might still see a window opportunity to extricate her or at most pay the fine as may be prescribed by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by kingsilly(m): 11:10am On Aug 11, 2012
labbyboi:

Kingsilly, ur name speaks 4 u already... Ride on wif ur foolishness

dawgggggggg.......
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by sportfeva(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2012
wasiudvd: Truely nigeria is a lawless nation.
Mtcheew!

(Confirming the story, the General Manager LASTMA, Engr. Babatunde Edu, said the deceased was carrying out his official assignment at his duty post at Mega City, Ajah area of Lagos before he met his untimely death.
He said the driver fled the scene after crushing the LASTMA official to death, adding that she was later arrested with the help of the Area J Commander, ACP Felix Vwamhi.)

That's Lastma boss story, let's give room ƒor onlookers and eye witnesses to say their own to make ƒor fair hearing. It could be possible that a danfo driver did hit and run sharp movement while another person was eye focused on or they just want to arrest or rope someone cos it will sound somehow that one of them die on duty and they couldn't produce anyone that did it. They are in charge of traffic and is easy to take or rope anyone sharp sharp. Understand, trust naija
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2012
hardbody:

That is it!
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by scribble: 11:14am On Aug 11, 2012
Tingles:

Jealousy? I feel the same way too just because I am jobless.

lol....jealous about what....just cos i won't work under the same circumstances that lead to these corp naija types gettin frustrated, i turned down a 7 figure offer straight out of college...

but u can apply that contraption u call a brain to keep talking bullcrap

i have run into some psychos who are only psychos cos they have to spend like 4 hours in traffic a day at the least

i wonder why they dont just liberate selves from corporate slavery
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by SlyIg(f): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2012
snowprince01: Let D̶̲̥̅̊ court decide....shikina
Dont worry my dear,it will take d court more than a yr to decide for your own "nursing one month old baby wife"while in detention if she accidentally gets into dis mistake. Im not praying sha but since you can wish this nursing mother late court judgement then ...
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by gidiMonsta(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2012
pro01: Without mincing words, I feel no pity for the dead LASTMA official. Fashola and his goons are very i.d.i.o.t.i.c in putting the cart before the horse with their senseless traffic law. What exactly is "driving against traffic"? Where are the signs indicating one way roads? In sane societies, one-way roads are CLEARLY designated as such - with clear signs to indicate the status of roads. In such cases, no one can claim ignorance of the law. What do we have here in Lagos? Every driver is expected to have magical powers to know which road is one-way and which isn't. How many times have we seen these fools called LASTMA lurk around street corners where there are no road signs, only to jump out of nowhere to pounce on an innocent drivers in the name of having driven against traffic?

It is all ridiculous, and if Fashola does not have the sense and the will to put appropriate measures in place before implementing the traffic laws, then he is a total disgrace.

You are a big F.O.O.L, its people like you that wantonly break the law and come up with the infamous: "do you know who I am" phrase, I have news for you; the era of your lawlessness is over, jail will be your abode if you continue like this.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by kingPINN(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2012
Lastma and their silly stunts..Lastma officials do not deserve mercy from the way they lay ambush and swoop on motorists. We have jsut heard the one sided story from Lastma, let's hear the woman's testimonies too. The govt still has a whole lot to do in terms of road signs..it sucks

1 Like

Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by mmkamson(m): 11:21am On Aug 11, 2012
God bless U
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by ifeci: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2012

So why did she run from the scene if your claim is true?
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by gidiMonsta(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2012
hardbody:

Exactly. Recently I had driven through the FRSC turn just before omole and a drunk mofuckker slowed me down and I asked why I took one way. When I started shouting at him, he said I should take it easy, and I drove off. You can then imagine the fear in that lady's mind. At most, she will be convicted for manslaughter with an option of fine. Many more LASTMEN will die. I had since promised myself that it is either their life or mine, but believe me, <b>I'd rather crush 10 of those hoodlums than wait to be caught</b> and all manners of allegation will be put on me. Recall that this will a case to be determined based on oral evidence and a good lawyer might still see a window opportunity to extricate her or at most pay the fine as may be prescribed by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Here's anoda psycho that litters the streets of Nigeria. You'd rather commit murder than face the music for your traffic offense?
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 11, 2012
gidig: Guys! its good to get facts right. For some reason, LASTMA is using this news as PR for their new traffic law,when this is not what exactly happened.. She was arrested alright for driving in the wrong lane but it was a Danfo that knocked down and killed the LASTMA officer. Her vehicle does not even have a single dent. I have spoken to the person the person this morning. Newspaper houses like punch should be sued for carrying news report that is not verified.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by chucky234(m): 11:25am On Aug 11, 2012
Acidosis: . .feeling for this lady. . .the torture and everything shes about to go through.
while trying to escape General Fashola's law, she met a more severe and everlasting damage.
I sense more death of lastma officials cos "nobody wan go jail" Hope they learn from this, and to know the guy involved care less about his life by struggling with a pre-loaded suv. .I have little pity for him. Even our police men know this, they only stop a car from a distance.
Who knows, this lady might have come across the topic on nairaland suggesting one to zoom off, when ever you crush someone to death on the road.

#MODIFIED

Banker Kills LASTMA Official
In Lagos by deb(m): 10:50am
I GOT THIS BB BROADCAST. A
TWIST FROM THIS STORY. PLEASE
READ AND LET'S NOT JUMP INTO
CONCLUSIONS YET.
Dear All, I am sure we all heard
the story going round about the
Banker who allegedly killed a
lastma official by knockin him
down with her car. Eye witnesses
on the scene insist that the lastma
official was infact knocked down
by a danfo bus he was tryin to
accost AFTER he arrested the
Banker for a traffic offence. In fact,
her car was about bein towed as
can be seen from the pic on the
lastma website. Lastma is trying to
skew the story as murder nd she
is currently in detention. Pls note
that I have seen her car and it
doesn't hav a single dent on it.
Kindly spread the word nd
encourage eye witnesses to come
forward nd give statements at
Panti.She is a mother of
3(including a 2mth old baby who
is with her in detention). Please
note that the incident with Banker,
Yinka Johnson nd Lasma Official
happened yesterday 10/08/2012 at
Ikota, Lekki Express Way. Please
call 08037076890 if you have
information.
This is very serious,wish eye witnesses will be bold enough to come forth and testify.
Those LASTMA officials have become a menace in this part of the country,Oga Fashola should look into this thoroughly before convicting the accused.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by aramide99: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2012
No one above law. the lastma did not undergo proper training and the road user too are educated enough to know that whenever a security man is @ road block is there for road user no body else. I pray God will intervene to banker issue and the decease family.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by begori: 11:27am On Aug 11, 2012
Na waoooo, we just av to be careful with this lastma people, they can turn you to anything because of the power given to the by Fashola. (Look at this FROM BANKER TO KILLER)
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by molola(f): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2012
Abeg which bank be standard IBTC bank?
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2012
This should really be a lesson to others. We know how some Nairalanders come here to tell us how they manoeuvre their vehicles in a manner similar to that of James bond to evade arrest by law enforcement officers.

Sad the Lastma guy lost his life. That is someones husband, brother, father and uncle. May his soul RIP.

To the lady, she must be regretting are actions for driving against traffic on a one way road. It's sad that are freedom would be taken away from her for sometime.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by Tingles(m): 11:38am On Aug 11, 2012
scribble:

lol....jealous about what....just cos i won't work under the same circumstances that lead to these corp naija types gettin frustrated, i turned down a 7 figure offer straight out of college...

but u can apply that contraption u call a brain to keep talking bullcrap

i have run into some psychos who are only psychos cos they have to spend like 4 hours in traffic a day at the least

i wonder why they dont just liberate selves from corporate slavery

Bro, life isn't as easy as you think, everybody can't be as lucky as you and even for some of us that have the ideas, we lack the resources for liberating ourselves from corporate slavery. I'd rather grab the opportunity to be frustrated as a banker than be frustrated as a job seeker.

You could have passed your point accross successfully without the bolded part.

@Topic: I hope she gets a good lawyer.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by sportfeva(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2012
begori: Na waoooo, we just av to be careful with this lastma people, they can turn you to anything because of the power given to the by Fashola. (Look at this FROM BANKER TO KILLER)

Why typing this shi.t? She has not been fully confirmed. Don't give yourself names mehn.
Re: Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos by pufectskin: 11:45am On Aug 11, 2012
Yea u r absolutely correct. Also some roads r sooo bad that u ll have to drive against traffic to avoid such roads. For instance dere is one road at Lekki ph 1 3rd gate dat is soooo bad, practically alll motorist have to share d other side of d road. Yea b4 such laws can be effective, we would need better roads n signs...
pro01: Without mincing words, I feel no pity for the dead LASTMA official. Fashola and his goons are very i.d.i.o.t.i.c in putting the cart before the horse with their senseless traffic law. What exactly is "driving against traffic"? Where are the signs indicating one way roads? In sane societies, one-way roads are CLEARLY designated as such - with clear signs to indicate the status of roads. In such cases, no one can claim ignorance of the law. What do we have here in Lagos? Every driver is expected to have magical powers to know which road is one-way and which isn't. How many times have we seen these fools called LASTMA lurk around street corners where there are no road signs, only to jump out of nowhere to pounce on an innocent drivers in the name of having driven against traffic?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boy Who Failed JAMB Again Dies After Taking Rat Poison / Pastor Rapes 11-year Old ‘witch’ While Conducting Deliverance / Police Officers Flog PHED officials for attempting to disconnect Boss light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.