Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success (12009 Views)

D'banj Is Finally Getting Married; Wedding Billed To Hold On 12th December / D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry / Download Dbanj - Oliver Twist Ft Kanye West Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by ambrosini593(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2012
Popular Nigerian musician D’banj says he’s shocked by the success of his globally popular single ‘Oliver twist‘

He disclosed this during an interview with Big Brother Africa-Dstv, saying that although he hopes for the best in every song he writes, he did not think it would be so successful.

The international pop star was signed with Don Jazzy to Kanye West‘s G.O.O.D Music record label as artiste and producer in June, 2011.

He recently released a new single ‘Oyato’ and signed a producer Jay sleek to his record label D’banj records. Oliver twist was produced by Don Jazzy.

http://thenetng.com/2012/08/11/im-shocked-by-the-success-of-oliver-twist-says-dbanj/

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by onatisi(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
the first time i heard that song ,i never gave it a chance i thought it was his worst it turned out to be his greatest hit so far.weldone dbanj
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by relax10: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2012
He iz keepin it real. REP 4 D'Banj(KOKO MASTER)!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by vinderbilt: 9:26am On Aug 12, 2012
I think the social media buzz made Oliver Twist successful. If the competition was really Don Jazzy's idea then he's responsible for the success of oliver twist.

7 Likes

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by onatisi(m): 9:30am On Aug 12, 2012
i dnt see anything special about that song but it is a hit ,very strange.i do believe scapegoat was a better song,i think the media helped a lot and also the title is catchy "oliver twist"
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by boyendowed(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2012
Don't be shocked.It's a good song

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2012
Na God ooo. This is just the beginning, the Koko Master. Oyato joor.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Rhino5dm: 10:28am On Aug 12, 2012
Loading . . .
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2012
Na God sad
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by dino2006(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2012
The Joint's really d.ope.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Chanchit: 10:35am On Aug 12, 2012
He's jst whining BBA.. He knws what he wants the song to be thats y he spent so much to make sure everybody hears it by force, leaving us with no option than to like it unconciously..
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by okeyxyz(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2012
Dbanj may or may not be a great musician but one thing is sure: He's a great innovator & entrepreneur and that is what has made this track the success that it is. The competition he opened on this track was a master stroke, it has enabled people to use his music as a platform instead of an end product, a platform and opportunity for other people to be creative, gain publicity and fame and ultimately a platform to launch many careers and make money. It was empowerment. Pure genius!!

Now the track is deeply impinged in the mind of millions of people by the ripple effects of mass participation and curiosity on the part of those not aware of it in the first place. Great Guy dbanj(or whoever brought that idea).
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Scissorshand(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2012
Well, Banji, some things in life are like gambling.You never could tell. You found a grail (wudn't call it the holy grail) in great team formation and formula in Mo'hits.Anyway, that's gone.I wish you more succ.ess.I'm D'banj.File, d boy is blessed
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by vislabraye(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2012
That's great. There's nothing as interesting as exceeding expectation.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by ariyebaba(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2012
More power to ur elbow

Omo jeun lojo..........

No shipin-shipin

smileysmileysmileysmiley
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by ebamma(m): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2012
dont be shocked d'banj,you get better herbalist,first time were i hear that song,i no like am,but your herbalist juju come hold me i begin come like the song

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2012
ambrosini593:

http://thenetng.com/2012/08/11/im-shocked-by-the-success-of-oliver-twist-says-dbanj/

illuminati at work....evn if u sing " Mary has a little lamb" it's still gonna be a hit...

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by illuminaty(m): 10:45am On Aug 12, 2012
@kkpopsy...lol
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by deenee: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2012
Yeah! Get over it and move on! You don't see your new mentor Kanye West still basking in the euphoria of his past hits like Stronger, Heartless, Jesus Walks, Hey mama,Runaway, Niggaz in Paris and recently Mercy! He is constantly re-inventing himself and moving on!

Success is not a 100 meter dash but a marathon. We are still waiting for the internationally acclaimed single that you want to release! I am guessing that it is not "Oyato"
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by crackhouse(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2012
Na God oo. Na Nigerian God o.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by ANYPEN(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2012
It is funny what this guy is spewing. that song isn't a good song, it has a lot of flavour here & there sha! which am sure Don jazzy was responsible for.
any average song would have done better with the kind of media help it enjoyed

"Oliver twist" had no smooth rythym neither does is it have any message, just the title & he's not even the owner of the title.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by myners007: 11:11am On Aug 12, 2012
I'm quite sure d'banj. career is on the verge of collapsing. I don't wish him bad but I think he doesn't have what it takes 2 be a music legend like the felas, tuface. Christy essien. and a host of other Nigerians who have distinguished themselves in the field of music and entertainment
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Ekans: 11:17am On Aug 12, 2012
Dbanj,better come out with a monster hit soon or else these same fans hailing you now will tear you apart.We are watching and waiting.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 12, 2012
The instrumental is what saved the song. I dunno who made it but the producer deserves more props. Nice song though.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by 2sa2: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2012
why
is he shocked? is this not why he chose satan as his master? or he
thinks we are unaware of his involvement with illuminati! abeg he should say
something else jor.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 12, 2012
mitwitdot:

illuminati at work....evn if u sing " Mary has a little lamb" it's still gonna be a hit...

Why does every successful musician have to be linked with this illuminati crap ? Are you guys this dumb ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex-For-Role: Don't Believe All You Are Told - Kanayo O. Kanayo / Churchill Olakunle Gives Reasons Why Youths Are Not Carried Along In Politics / Tonto Dikeh Goes Completely Unclad, Threatens to Shoot Her Fans With a Gun (PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.