Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success (12018 Views)

D'banj Is Finally Getting Married; Wedding Billed To Hold On 12th December / D'banj Is The New Ambassador For Bank Of Industry / Download Dbanj - Oliver Twist Ft Kanye West Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by MahatmaGhandi: 11:34am On Aug 12, 2012
If the future looks like its not gonna meet up with the glorious successes of the past people will subconsciously hold on to a great past, I feel all that transpired between good music and the defunct mo'hit records was a function of musical inferiority complex on the part of mo'hit,mo'hit was like our very own sonny entertainment , these guys were ruling africa,and causing world wide ripples for heavens sake ,I guess ripples wasn't good enough they needed tsunamies and typhoons,don jazzy would not have bowed to kanye and d'banj was wrong to have taken kanye as his ticket to better musical meals because as mo'hit records it was only a matter of time they would have brought the world to its musical knees.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by onatisi(m): 11:41am On Aug 12, 2012
Mahatma Ghandi: If the future looks like its not gonna meet up with the glorious successes of the past people will subconsciously hold on to a great past, I feel all that transpired between good music and the defunct mo'hit records was a function of musical inferiority complex on the part of mo'hit,mo'hit was like our very own sonny entertainment , these guys were ruling africa,and causing world wide ripples for heavens sake ,I guess ripples wasn't good enough they needed tsunamies and typhoons,don jazzy would not have bowed to kanye and d'banj was wrong to have taken kanye as his ticket to better musical meals because as mo'hit records it was only a matter of time they would have brought the world to its musical knees.
you got it perfectly right.djazzy ,dbanj and mohits would have been bigger thn kanye west and co.i guess dbanj thought otherwise,although i forsee them coming back together ,but lets wait and keep our fingers crossed
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by obailala(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2012
It's called marketing strategy. The song in itself is trash but it was brilliantly packaged with the youtube competition which made the tune go viral.

Kudos to whoever brought up the idea of the competition and kudos to skibanj for being the face behind the song.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by 10over101: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
We are now in an Era where meaningless songs sell..
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by onatisi(m): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
thank God i am not crazy,i thought i was becos i didnt see anything special about the song yes ppl were crazy about it.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by kunletade(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
I wonder why people critize his new single "Oyato" for me it a hit dbanj 4 life cheesy
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi:
you got it perfectly right.djazzy ,dbanj and mohits would have been bigger thn kanye west and co.i guess dbanj thought otherwise,although i forsee them coming back together ,but lets wait and keep our fingers crossed
ta!!!!! U smoke? mo hits and Dbanj bigger than who? You no serious at all! They probably would have attained greater heights, but not the Kanye West height. Dont get it twisted though, i no support Dbanj joining GOOD music, but abeg no just make some kind comparism cos e don turn belle
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by anicho(m): 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
Make we hear word abeg...no be DON JAZZY do am? If u dey make money, me sef dey make money. #check my signature#
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by strangest(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2012
Don jazzy produce am but didn't make it to the video(which was a flop) cos you wanted to dance with Kanye. Akpan we are still waiting for a collabo, abi na boi boi work you come do? You neva watch Rick Ross and Psquare?
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Clemzy16(m): 12:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Dbanj talk about oyato and forget about oliver twist. That wan don turn miss call..
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by onatisi(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
there is a lot of pressure and expectation on dbanj right now i hope he doesnt mess up
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
Dbanj. You should be shocked. That is the most shallow pop hit ever.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by DICKtator: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
ambrosini593:

http://thenetng.com/2012/08/11/im-shocked-by-the-success-of-oliver-twist-says-dbanj/

If D'banj the owner of the song can admit that he is shocked by the success of his oliver twist song that lacks substance and lyrical content, you can imagine what the average human being that 'stumbles' upon the song feels!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Dhelake: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi: the first time i heard that song ,i never gave it a chance i thought it was his worst it turned out to be his greatest hit so far.weldone dbanj
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Dhelake: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2012
anicho: Make we hear word abeg...no be DON JAZZY do am? If u dey make money, me sef dey make money. #check my signature#
na Don jazzy sing d verses abi .... MUMU!!!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr dapo, its not rocket science, the beat was crazy!!!...so crazy, wale hard to freestyle on it. So big ups to don jazzy?
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by phreakabit(m): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
After taking it up the a** and signing that irrevocable "contract", I don't think you should be shocked.

I don talk am. Oya, D'banj fans, make una open up the gates of hell.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by JoeBatters: 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
It's very obvious, the beat helped the song, because the lyrics had no substance...also the online contest helped a little.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
I hope you are not shocked by Oyato's failure. cheesy
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Fiawest(m): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
D no1 hit here in SA...weldone Dbanj...but dat oyato is crap...
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by abysirius(m): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2012
mitwitdot:

illuminati at work....evn if u sing " Mary has a little lamb" it's still gonna be a hit...
Get education and know what 'illuminati' is all about. When u refer to someone like D'banj as being an illuminati it shows how low d level of ur understanding is. Pls stop embarrassing ursef.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by abysirius(m): 3:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
hipdimex: Mr dapo, its not rocket science, the beat was crazy!!!...so crazy, wale hard to freestyle on it. So big ups to don jazzy?
Why d guy no sing put himself now. Big ups 4 U D'banj.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by MZmuaz: 3:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
what r u ppl saying for crying loud. Who contol the media who the industry knownly or un knowly u will. dance to what they want period. Better watch out
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by airbender(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
2sa2: why
is he shocked? is this not why he chose satan as his master? or he
thinks we are unaware of his involvement with illuminati! abeg he should say
something else jor.
what do you knw about illuminati, if you are so dead broke try joining them and see weather in the next 2 years, you will not be broke than you were before... Incase you dont knw they dont join illuminati to make money. You have to be rich before you join. xcept if you want to spend your peanut moni on charity/donations
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by mrfoxx(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Why does every successful musician have to be linked with this illuminati crap ? Are you guys this dumb ?

I wonder o!!
Could u imagine on facebook I posted a pics of me with piece sign.. And some girl started ranting like some misplace parrot that do I knw what that sign is? That is the popular illuminati sign
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by comradefery: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2012
myners007 :
I'm quite sure d'banj. career is on the verge of collapsing. I don't wish him bad but I think he doesn't have what it takes 2 be a music legend like the felas, tuface. Christy essien. and a host of other Nigerians who have distinguished themselves in the field of music and entertainment
You don't just wish him bad, i believe you are wishing him evil, but your wish will never come to accomplishment. I like Tuface just the way I like D'banj, but i don't even think he's in any way better than D'banj, so it's riddiculous for you to describe Tuface as a legend, while dismissing D'banj who has overtaken Tuface in the last few years.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by onatisi(m): 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
mr.foxx:

I wonder o!!
Could u imagine on facebook I posted a pics of me with piece sign.. And some girl started ranting like some misplace parrot that do I knw what that sign is? That is the popular illuminati sign
i tire for nl sef ,most of these teengers here the only thing they know is 40 loptps ,illuminati,retardeen
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by basher(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
myners007 :
I'm quite sure d'banj. career is on the verge of collapsing. I don't wish him bad but I think he doesn't have what it takes 2 be a music legend like the felas, tuface. Christy essien. and a host of other Nigerians who have distinguished themselves in the field of music and entertainment

Stop chatting crap. Oliver Twist has actually given him a platform from which he can take off especially in Europe. Question is what he does with the platform & destiny. That Oyato song na waka pass; the song go dull dance floor. Nobody (except certain nigerians) wants to hear all that chat! We just wanna dance & have fun. He should stick to the winning formula - up tempo, catchy hook, a bit of humour etc. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by oiseworld: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
from the very first day i heard that song, i new it was going to be a success
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by basher(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
onatisi:
i tire for nl sef ,most of these teengers here the only thing they know is 40 loptps ,illuminati,retardeen

U spoke my mind here. Especially that "retardeen".
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by basher(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
strangest: Don jazzy produce am but didn't make it to the video(which was a flop) cos you wanted to dance with Kanye. Akpan we are still waiting for a collabo, abi na boi boi work you come do? You neva watch Rick Ross and Psquare?

I have my doubts about that psquare/r ross collabo. What was its main purpose? Bragging rights in Nigeria? Exposure to the American market? Stepping stone?
Re: D'banj Is Shocked By Oliver Twist's Success by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
basher:

I have my doubts about that psquare/r ross collabo. What was its main purpose? Bragging rights in Nigeria? Exposure to the American market? Stepping stone?
The purpose no matter. What was the purpose of oliver twist? Was it educating? ...e.t.c. Irrelevant questions if u ask me. Just listen to the song waka pass. Personally i dont like this rick ross version probably cos i prefer the original version. But that does not add or remove anything from the song for those who love the joint

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Goes Completely Unclad, Threatens to Shoot Her Fans With a Gun (PICS / Amber Rose And Wizkhalifa Welcome Baby Sebastian / Glo Splashes Millions On Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.