Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Calling The Humanist Bluff. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling The Humanist Bluff. (16566 Views)

Humanist: Which Of These Will You Entrust Your Girl Child To? / Atheist, Agnostic And Humanist Memes Reloaded... / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at macdaddy's level of understanding. I'm not sure he will understand your simple breakdown either.
Lol, I would be pleasantly surprised if he grasps what I am saying though I am not really counting on it.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by wiegraf: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

that's typical for threads where macdaddy01 shows up. It just devolves into meaningless chatter.

As i understand it, the question is whether present day moral codes of conduct are a product of christianity/religion so to speak or a basic human trait.

The video will have to wait till I get home, but if morality a product of religion I believe that implies man is incapable of being moral by default. We could go on about morality being absolute or not, or how that implies people who've never been exposed to religion are inherently immoral (ha ha not at all, even elephants show empathy, by whose standards? That's rather silly imo) but to someone looking at it from my angle (and that of most atheists): religion was created by man. By extension, even if religion created morality (sort of absurd), that was just man using religion to create morality.

The issue of absolute morality though perhaps should be settled if you guys wish to continue this. And that's a nasty conundrum if we're to be brutally objective methinks
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You miss the point, At the core of satanism is that they despise God hence they say that self is the ultimate authority.
Though they elevate the devil, the main point of satanism is the worship of self.

This view that self preservation is the highest law is what should logically follow in an atheistic humanist worldview and not selfless christian practices.

Sorry to say this but you are willfully ignorant while pushing christian bias to define secularism.

Self preservation is a basic human instinct that permeates all humans including human creations like religions and gods. Tell me, what is selfless about christianity? Tell me, did your God not order Jewish people to exterminate their enemies? Is salvation not a personal thing? Can you give your salvation to an unrepentant family memeber?

When did secular humanism = worship of self? Humanism is for all humans.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
wiegraf:

The video will have to wait till I get home, but if morality a product of religion I believe that implies man is incapable of being moral by default. We could go on about morality being absolute or not, or how that implies people who've never been exposed to religion are inherently immoral (ha ha not at all, even elephants show empathy, by whose standards? That's rather silly imo) but to someone looking at it from my angle (and that of most atheists): religion was created by man. By extension, even if religion created morality (sort of absurd), that was just man using religion to create morality.

The issue of absolute morality though perhaps should be settled if you guys wish to continue this. And that's a nasty conundrum if we're to be brutally objective methinks

the only thing i could understand from this post was that you of course are on the side of man being moral by default. Aside from that, you just rambled on without making a coherent point.

Morality without christianity is relative. For example... the aztecs think it is morally ok to sacrifice young virgin girls to the gods... what about you?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sorry to say this but you are willfully ignorant while pushing christian bias to define secularism.

Self preservation is a basic human instinct that permeates all humans including human creations like religions and gods. Tell me, what is selfless about christianity? Tell me, did your God not order Jewish people to exterminate their enemies? Is salvation not a personal thing? Can you give your salvation to an unrepentant family memeber?

Lol, I am not surprised
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

I'm shocked. You didnt know?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by mazaje(m): 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

the only thing i could understand from this post was that you of course are on the side of man being moral by default. Aside from that, you just rambled on without making a coherent point.

Morality without christianity is relative. For example... the aztecs think it is morally ok to sacrifice young virgin girls to the gods... what about you?

Yahweh also accepted human sacrifice no?. . . Jephthah sacrificed his virgin daughter to Yahweh as a burnt offering, no?. . .
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

Yahweh also [b]accepted [/b]human sacrifice no?. . . Jephthah sacrificed his virgin daughter to Yahweh as a burnt offering, no?. . .
Question is did Yahweh tell him to do it? Did Yahweh commend him for doing it? (Now as much as possible, please don't argue from silence i.e. don't assume claims that the bible has not made)

By the way, some factions of Jewish tradition hold it that she wasn't really sacrificed as a burnt offering but was dedicated to service to God as a virgin for the rest of her life
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

Yahweh also accepted human sacrifice no?. . . Jephthah sacrificed his virgin daughter to Yahweh as a burnt offering, no?. . .

That was Jepthah's vow... he wasnt forced into it. the bible is replete with direct commands not to engage in such - Deut 18:10, 2 Kings 21:6, Jer 7:31 e.t.c

If you bothered to read the story of Jephthah, it is very easy to note that what occured there was not a burnt offering as much as it was a sacrificing of his daughter to God as a temple nun for life.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by mazaje(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Question is did Yahweh tell him to do it? Did Yahweh commend him for doing it? (Now as much as possible, please don't argue from silence i.e. don't assume claims that the bible has not made)

By the way, some factions of Jewish tradition hold it that she wasn't really sacrificed as a burnt offering but was dedicated to service to God as a virgin for the rest of her life

You are here with your dishonesty. . .The bible said she was sacrificed as a burnt offering. . .Weather Yahweh told him to do it or not is not the issue here, the issue is that he accepted a virgin as a burnt offering. . .End of story. . . Claiming that the Aztechs were wrong for sacrificing virgins makes no point since some people in the Old testament also accepted virgins. . And YES Yahweh did request for people to be sacrificed to him as burnt offerings in other parts of the bible. .
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

You are here with your dishonesty. . .The bible said she was sacrificed as a burnt offering. . .Weather Yahweh told him to do it or not is not the issue here, the issue is that he accepted a virgin as a burnt offering. . .End of story. . . Claiming that the Aztechs were wrong for sacrificing virgins makes no point since some people in the Old testament also accepted virgins. . And YES Yahweh did request for people to be sacrificed to him as burnt offerings in other parts of the bible. .

that is not true.

1. The bible standard on human sacrifice is pretty strict - Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

2. So did God ignore the above just for the sake of Jephthah alone in the entire bible? Absolutely no.

3. So what really happened to Jephthah's daughter? Easy - she wasnt "burnt" as you would think if you literarily read the bible without any understanding at all. For example - Judges 11:36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

Hmmm for someone who was supposedly about to die by fire, she seems to be only interested in the fact that she would never marry? Odd. She doesnt seem to be in the least concerned that she would never see her family or friends again. Not once is she worried about not seeing her beloved country again. She is not fussed about not having kids... all she seems to be interested in mourning is the loss of a potential s[i]e[/i]x life with some dude?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

You are the one being dishonest....You claim that God accepted the sacrifice, for this claim to be true, you have to explicitly show from scripture where God demands the sacrifice or you show where God commends Jepthah for making the sacrifice. You have shown none of the above. (...and please don't make arguments from silence)
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

I'm shocked. You didnt know?

Secular humanism = Worship of self. ?? ?? ?? ??

This is good. Now everybody can see how christians like Anainy and Davidylan are liars and false witnesses. This is how they insult people that dont follow their religion with no remorse. Tell me, why would you insult and lie about secular humanists? Do you have the guts to make that foolish statement in public that secular humanism is the worship of self? How you can arrive at that conclusion is baffling.

You keep conflating and confusing different terms. Secular Humanism is not ethical egoism or hedonism.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 7:43pm On Aug 12, 2012
Majaze is right. Yaweh loves the Human sacrifice;

Burn Nonbelievers

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by mazaje(m): 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

that is not true.

1. The bible standard on human sacrifice is pretty strict - Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

2. So did God ignore the above just for the sake of Jephthah alone in the entire bible? Absolutely no.

3. So what really happened to Jephthah's daughter? Easy - she wasnt "burnt" as you would think if you literarily read the bible without any understanding at all. For example - Judges 11:36 “My father,” she replied, “you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request,” she said. “Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry.”

38 “You may go,” he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.

Hmmm for someone who was supposedly about to die by fire, she seems to be only interested in the fact that she would never marry? Odd. She doesnt seem to be in the least concerned that she would never see her family or friends again. Not once is she worried about not seeing her beloved country again. She is not fussed about not having kids... all she seems to be interested in mourning is the loss of a potential s[i]e[/i]x life with some dude?

You are lying again. . Here is what is written in the bible. . .He made an oath to Yaweh according to the story. .Here is what was written about him

"Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, a[b]nd I will offer it up for as a burnt offering[/b]. (Judges 11:31)

The victorious Jephthah is met on his return by his daughter, his only child. Jephthah tears his clothes and cries, "Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low!" but is bound by his vow: "I have given my word to God, and I cannot go back on it." (Judges 11:35).

He did to her as he had vowed. What was his vow? To sacrifice what ever comes out of his house as a burnt offering, he told her he made a vow and could not go back, he even cried and tore his cloths when his only daughter came out to meet him .The story says she died a virgin. . .Sure she was worried about not getting married because she was a virgin. . .Many people will like to grow up and get married some day. . .

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Secular humanism = Worship of self. ?? ?? ?? ??

This is good. Now everybody can see how christians like Anainy and Davidylan are liars and false witnesses. This is how they insult people that dont follow their religion with no remorse. Tell me, why would you insult and lie about secular humanists? Do you have the guts to make that foolish statement in public that secular humanism is the worship of self? How you can arrive at that conclusion is baffling.

You keep conflating and confusing different terms. Secular Humanism is not ethical egoism or hedonism.

the unspoken bottomline with secular humanism is this - "ye are gods".

Essentially your goal is to elevate man to the position of being in control of his own destiny and subordinate to no other. If that isnt self worship then pls educate me.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 7:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

the unspoken bottomline with secular humanism is this - "ye are gods".

Essentially your goal is to elevate man to the position of being in control of his own destiny and subordinate to no other. If that isnt self worship then pls educate me.

How can that it self worship to control your life? Must you be a slave? oh, Davidylan needs his sky daddy to give him a good destiny grin grin grin grin
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

You are lying again. . Here is what is written in the bible. . .He made an oath to Yaweh according to the story. .Here is what was written about him

"Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, a[b]nd I will offer it up for as a burnt offering[/b]. (Judges 11:31)

The victorious Jephthah is met on his return by his daughter, his only child. Jephthah tears his clothes and cries, "Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low!" but is bound by his vow: "I have given my word to God, and I cannot go back on it." (Judges 11:35).

He did to her as he had vowed. What was his vow? To sacrifice what ever comes out of his house, he told her he made a vow and could not go back, he ever cried when his only daughter came out to meet him .The story says she died a virgin. . .Sure she was worried about not getting married because she was a virgin. . .Many people will like to grow up and get married some day. . .

you just repeated Judges 11 and said nothing new. I quoted the same chapter so i know what is there... what was the point requoting it? Here was i thinking you had new information to help us understand the passage better.

First of all i established from the same bible that human sacrifice such as that you falsely allude to jephthah was an abomination to the Lord.
Secondly, it is quite obvious that Jephthah's daughter was being consecrated to the Lord as a "nun" not to be burnt at a stake as a literal burnt offering. What you have mischievously done is DELIBERATELY read only one literal meaning to that verse while sticking your head in the sand at other possible explanations all because you have a preconcieved point to make against the bible.

Why would a woman supposedly about to die be bothered solely about her inability to have s[i]e[/i]x? Not once is she bothered about her family, country, friends?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by mazaje(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You are the one being dishonest....You claim that God accepted the sacrifice, for this claim to be true, you have to explicitly show from scripture where God demands the sacrifice or you show where God commends Jepthah for making the sacrifice. You have shown none of the above. (...and please don't make arguments from silence)

Here is Yaweh requesting for the inhabitants of a city to be sacrificed to him as a burnt sacrifice. . .

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." Deuteronomy 13:13-19
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

Here is Yaweh requesting for the inhabitants of a city to be sacrificed to him as a burnt sacrifice. . .

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." Deuteronomy 13:13-19

As usual, when atheists get stuck with their own false attacks they run off to copy from the web. Nothing original in all their acclaimed issues with the bible. When we read the link in question, it actually doesnt say the same thing as the above false claim...

Deut 13:13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

1. the destruction was ordered by God as vengeance for those who deliberately disobey Him and lead others astray.

2. No where in that verse are we told that those people are to be offered as burnt offerings to the Lord. Infact verse 15 says only to smite the people with the sword as you would in a normal battle.

3. The city is to be burnt with fire... a typical method of destroying cities 3000 yrs ago.

so what exactly was mazaje's point? Did he and macdaddy take the time to read the link before copying and pasting?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

As usual, when atheists get stuck with their own false attacks they run off to copy from the web. Nothing original in all their acclaimed issues with the bible. When we read the link in question, it actually doesnt say the same thing as the above false claim...

Deut 13:13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

1. the destruction was ordered by God as vengeance for those who deliberately disobey Him and lead others astray.

2. No where in that verse are we told that those people are to be offered as burnt offerings to the Lord. Infact verse 15 says only to smite the people with the sword as you would in a normal battle.

3. The city is to be burnt with fire... a typical method of destroying cities 3000 yrs ago.

so what exactly was mazaje's point? Did he and macdaddy take the time to read the link before copying and pasting?

What happens to the "smited" bodies of the inhabitants in the city when the city is burnt? wink
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by mazaje(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

you just repeated Judges 11 and said nothing new. I quoted the same chapter so i know what is there... what was the point requoting it? Here was i thinking you had new information to help us understand the passage better.

First of all i established from the same bible that human sacrifice such as that you falsely allude to jephthah was an abomination to the Lord.
Secondly, it is quite obvious that Jephthah's daughter was being consecrated to the Lord as a "nun" not to be burnt at a stake as a literal burnt offering. What you have mischievously done is DELIBERATELY read only one literal meaning to that verse while sticking your head in the sand at other possible explanations all because you have a preconcieved point to make against the bible.

Why would a woman supposedly about to die be bothered solely about her inability to have s[i]e[/i]x? Not once is she bothered about her family, country, friends?

grin grin. . .Normally I usually respect your opinions because of your honesty, we disagree all the time but you are consistent and honest in your submissions. . you don't go the extra mile to twist things as others here do. . .But on this one am just laughing cos your apologetics credential isnt that bad compared to that of others after all. . .Nun?. . . grin. . .Lets just agree to disagree. . .
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2012
@ Mr Anony,

thanks for your reply, though i still have some objections to it. but no problem. moreso, since we dont want argue on this thread.

Mr_Anony:
I promised not to argue with you on this thread, so I'll answer you only this once

but as a side note.
i think i will later create a thread for you to directly address all my perceived absurdities in the christian faith in an educative, matured and non-confrontational manner. i will clearly state my position and assumptions and you will yours and then all the parts of the bible/christian faith that makes no sense to me you will kindly explain and clarify. will you do that, please?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What happens to the "smited" bodies of the inhabitants in the city when the city is burnt? wink

So if i burn thrash and a cockroach is in there it is automatically a burnt offering to the Lord? undecided

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

Please mazaje, stop being dishonest (notice the part I highlighted)
The order was thus:
Step 1: when you hear such a report investigate and find out if it is true
Step 2: If it is true, attack the city and kill everyone as well as their lifestock
Step 3: Then pile up all the plunder and burn it
Step 4: Set the town on fire, it shall be a burnt offering to God
Step 5: Make sure you don't keep any of the plunder for yourself

Now what you have done is to equate burning of the town (the plunder) to human sacrifice. This is just simply being dishonest.

It is funny how you are willing to bend the truth just to make your point even though it is very clear that God in this case is not referring to the human beings - or even the animals - as the sacrifice.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
cyrexx: @ Mr Anony,

thanks for your reply, though i still have some objections to it. but no problem. moreso, since we dont want argue on this thread.

but as a side note.
i think i will later create a thread for you to directly address all my perceived absurdities in the christian faith in an educative, matured and non-confrontational manner. i will clearly state my position and assumptions and you will yours and then all the parts of the bible/christian faith that makes no sense to me you will kindly explain and clarify. will you do that, please?

you mean in a manner even you cannot uphold? Cant wait to read the thread from the sidelines.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
cyrexx: @ Mr Anony,

but as a side note.
I am willing
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 12, 2012
mazaje:

grin grin. . .Normally I usually respect your opinions because of your honesty, we disagree all the time but you are consistent and honest in your submissions. . you don't go the extra mile to twist things as others here do. . .But on this one am just laughing cos your apologetics credential isnt that bad compared to that of others after all. . .Nun?. . . grin. . .Lets just agree to disagree. . .

Again read my post. I have not twisted anything... just established 3 things that any objective individual should be able to consider:

1. the bible God is EXPRESSLY against human burnt offerings and mentions such more than 10 times in the bible.

2. Is it logical to assume He changed this rule just for one individual in the entire bible?

3. Why is a woman supposedly about to die worried ONLY about the loss of a s[i]e[/i]xual life? Not her family, friends, land, hobbies?

What was twisted there? Where is the apologetics? We have numerous examples of people whose lives were consecrated to the Lord as celibates for life so what is new?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 8:23pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

you mean in a manner even you cannot uphold? Cant wait to read the thread from the sidelines.

must you be confrontational every time?

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I am willing

ok, then
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
cyrexx:

must you be confrontational every time?

that is the only language you folks understand. sorry.
You, Kay17 and co are some of the most hypocritical atheists here... your anti-christian stance is as hostile and confrontational as can get YET cry like little babies when the same style is used to repudiate your half-baked claims? If you cant stand the heat then perhaps you shld just read and not post.

Dont worry, i will merely read your thread from the sidelines in deference to mr. anony.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by mazaje(m): 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
davidylan:

Again read my post. I have not twisted anything... just established 3 things that any objective individual should be able to consider:

1. the bible God is EXPRESSLY against human burnt offerings and mentions such more than 10 times in the bible.

2. Is it logical to assume He changed this rule just for one individual in the entire bible?

3. Why is a woman supposedly about to die worried ONLY about the loss of a s[i]e[/i]xual life? Not her family, friends, land, hobbies?

What was twisted there? Where is the apologetics? We have numerous examples of people whose lives were consecrated to the Lord as celibates for life so what is new?

You are just making up explanations on your own sorry. . .He made a vow according to the story, we know that the bible talks about God going against his own words sometimes. . .Some times he regrets his actions and lets his people know that he regrets his actions. . .There are passages about God apologizing or repenting for some of his actions in the bible. . .So claiming that Yahweh does not change his rules is absurd. . .The story also has the girl telling her father to go ahead and do to her what he had vowed to his God. . .[color=#000099[b]]And she said unto him, My father, [if] thou hast opened thy mouth unto the LORD, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth[/b]; forasmuch as the LORD hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, [even] of the children of Ammon.[/color]

Was the vow he made to make her a celibate unto God or to sacrifice her as a burnt offering?. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Rwanda Shuts Down 714 Churches Over Noise Pollution, Safety Issues / Dangers In Lying About The "Will Of God" / Synagogue Victims: TB Joshua Sponsors 42 Family Members To Nigeria For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.